Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2021, 12:29   #376
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
After millions of hours of research on the internet to find such a car, we finally zeroed in on:
Sensible choice given his requirements. It is always very prudent and thoughtful, when people settle for what they need and not push budgets to get few bells and whistles more.

I am a fan of basic no-frills variants. Less number of components/bells and whistles = less problems to run into = Less time wasted.
carthick1000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 20:10   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Booked the S+ DCT variant (Rs. 11.7L on road Bangalore, no discounts, 25k advance, 20 days delivery time) since my Dad is not much into doodads like Sunroof or cruise control. He still prefers to turn around and look back while reversing.
Congratulations on the new ride! I'm really struggling to find any other brand-new alternatives given your specific set of requirements that offer the same value (if not more) as compared to the Venue. I feel the positives of this specific S+ trim definitely outshine the negatives.

I also feel that at least half of the mentioned misses on the car can be easily rectified through post-purchase mods!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 00:25   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 76 year old Dad was finding it increasingly difficult to drive his 2003 Hyundai Santro Xing in Bangalore traffic. So the Santro had to go.
Congrats on the Venue ! The car is great for your dad in terms of ingress/egress as well as Bangalore traffic. Another ease of use would be the lack of touchscreen. For senior citizens physical buttons would be easier to use as seen in this variant. Also like Bhpian carthick1000 said, all those additional gizmos will be a pain in the longer run.

Quote:
The lack of rear wipe/wash is the only downside I feel. How about getting a HD rear cam with full time video on demand so that he gets a clear picture during a rainy day.

Last edited by TrackDay : 30th March 2021 at 00:37.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 09:29   #379
BHPian

A well-written review. I cannot help but think that the Toyota Yaris would have been a much better choice in your case than the Hyundai Venue. The base, AT model, is cheaper, Yaris is a spacious, comfortable sedan and not a sub-4-metre car, has a better safety rating and comes with Toyota's build quality and reliability.

I am sure you had reasons to go with the Venue. I wish you and your father all the best and happy driving. Cheers!
mohitchalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 23:55   #380
BHPian

Does the Venue get wireless Carplay and wireless Android Auto, like the Sonet which gets these in lower trims?
Old 17th April 2021, 13:47   #381
BHPian

Small mishap resulted in damage to the casing of the right tail side light. Does anyone how to find out the exact part number so I can order it online and get it fixed locally. Planning to order it from boodmo. Any ideas about the part number?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210417_093228.jpg  

Old 19th April 2021, 07:55   #382
BHPian

Gave my car for 3rd free service this Saturday, no major complaints touchwood. I have enclosed the invoice. Post the service, I am facing something strange, went on a 15 km drive yesterday with AC on, cooling was excellent. Post me parking my car, I didn't notice not even a drop of AC water dripping. Is this normal? They have changed the AC filter and as I said cooling was really good even with temperature at 23.5. Please let me know should I take the car for a check again.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-20210419_074349.jpg  

Old 19th April 2021, 10:09   #383
BHPian

Edit - I called Kun Ambattur Service Manager Mr Padmanabhan and checked on the above, he said that's not an issue, during summer this can happen and not to worry. When checked on chances of water dripping inside the car, he said that's not possible in Venue as there a separate hose which runs directly beneath the car.

He also promised to send a technician home today to have it checked. Very happy with his always available tendency

Sorry for back to back posts mods, can't edit my earlier post, kindly merge it.
Old 7th May 2021, 13:43   #384
BHPian

I had noticed noticed "fogging" in the instrument cluster in my Venue and it left spots inside the cluster which gave a very "shabby" look to the speedometer. After taking up the issue with the local dealer and thereafter with the Hyundai Customer Care, the instrument cluster was finally replaced today. But now i am in a new dilemma, the odometer has reset itself to 0 kms. I took up this issue with the service advisor, who informed me that this is normal. Any one had similar issues as I feel changing the instrument cluster should not alter the odometer as this can be misused.
Old 7th May 2021, 15:15   #385
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
But now i am in a new dilemma, the odometer has reset itself to 0 kms. I took up this issue with the service advisor, who informed me that this is normal.
A new instrument cluster will read '0 km'. You'll need to ask Hyundai SA to update the odometer reading with that when the car had come in for cluster change.

They'll do it by connecting to an OBD 2 device.
Old 9th May 2021, 02:06   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Does the Venue get wireless Carplay and wireless Android Auto, like the Sonet which gets these in lower trims?
Venue does not get wireless android auto or Apple carplay in any of the variants. Only wired.
vandemanw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 22:47   #387
BHPian

Story Of A Blue Eyed Venue-

Background- Like all bhpians, cars are in my blood. I love thinking about cars, talking about them, watching them on road and what not. We are a middle class family and live in a rural area. The cars owned till date are these.

Padmini Economy Edition (1988-95)
118NE Petrol (1995-2003)
Ambassador Estate Version (1997-99)
Omni (99-2003)
Alto 800 (2003-11)
Fabia TDI (2011-19)
Venue Turbo (2019-Now)

Out of these all the cars before Alto were of the choice of my dad. But he passed away in 99 and starting from Alto, all cars are of my choice.
One thing you can see is that we usually keep our cars for around eight years. Though this might change in the future as yours truly has started earning and wants to experience as many cars as possible before dying.

Coming back to topic, in January 2019 we were looking for our next car as our Fab baby was about to complete it’s eight years.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-f47c3d0c977941e5b23bd2b98b41386f.jpeg

Usage- Around 800 kms a month, 60 percent on highway and 40 in town.

Requirements-
1- It should be compact for daily usage and also have enough power for highway usage. So a CSUV makes sense.
2- It should be good to drive, if not really fun to drive.
3- Dealership should not be too far away. Only a few brands have dealers in our locality.
4- Safety- In 2011, we preferred Fabia over Polo just because it had airbags in lower and mid variants unlike it’s cousin. So this time we were eyeing at 6 airbags.
5- Petrol or Diesel- Doesn’t matter much. But the engine must be a turbocharged one for that punchy midrange on highways.

Cars Considered-

1- EcoSport- The Crush.
I always admired this car and still regard it as the best CSUV out there. But the nearest dealer was 120 km away and I didn’t want to travel that much for normal servicing. Another issue was that the top variant had leather seats which my mum didn’t want to use. So we had to settle for Titanium which missed out a few important features. Still took a test drive of it and loved the driving experience. But mind was just not ready for it.

2- Nexon- For ‘Indian Brand’ Emotion.
The idea was that we should prefer our Indian brands and Nexon is a competent car with a punchy diesel engine. So decided to take a test drive of it. Now the bummer. While entering the cabin, my mun’s head is hit on that slopping A pillar. This happened twice and the car was cancelled right there.

3- Vitara Brezza- The Sensible One.
I liked Brezza’s mature looks and also the space on offer. Took a test drive of it and driving experience was good. But the car just didn’t feel special enough. Still decided to keep it as the fallback option.

4- Creta 1.4 D- For That Big Car Feel
Creta was another sensible option and also had that big car feel. Took a test drive of 1.4 and liked it. But for our budget of 12 lacs, we could get just the base variant. And I couldn’t convince myself living without basic features like a rear wiper and map lights. The fact that a new gen Creta was due in one year made things only worse.

So the confusion continues. And in between the XUV300 got launched and was getting great reviews. So we went for a test drive of it.

5- XUV300- A Mahindra Like No Other
Took the test drive and was highly impressed. The space, the interior and the drive, everything was spot on. Yes it was pricey and boot was tiny. But I was ready to live with that. So we booked the W8 petrol, quote was of 12.20 lacs on road.
We were happy that confusion has ended and started waiting for XUV. Dealer had promised to deliver the car within one month.
After 25 days, I call the SA asking about our car and his response was- Sarr there is too much demand for the car and it will take one more month for your car to reach showroom. Me- But you had promised one month time. SA- Sarr, try to understand, car is getting great response in the market. I had no other option other than to wait.
Now I again call him after 25 days of previous call and his response was- Sarr you will have to wait for 15 more days and then we will surely deliver your car.
I was getting annoyed, and in between Venue gets launched.

6- Venue- The Winner We Were Waiting For.
I checked it’s price and saw that for the price of XUV W8, we can get a fully loaded Venue SX(O). Went to check the car. Test drive wasn’t available but they promised to offer a test drive after one week if we book the car. So we booked the Venue SX(O) petrol. Delivery was promised in one month.
XUV was still in my mind and I was thinking that whichever car comes earlier, I will take that.
In between, took the test drive of Venue and enjoyed the driving experience.
Surprisingly, I get a call from Hyundai SA after just eight days saying that our car will reach them in next two days, wheather we will be taking it or not? They also had some other takers for the car.
For some reason my heart still wanted to wait for XUV, so I called the Mahindra SA and this is what he said- Sarr, your car has been allotted and is on it’s way. We will deliver your car in one week.
I called the Hyundai SA and told her that we can’t take delivery in two days, so you can give that car to some other buyer.
One week passed and I called the Mahindra SA and his response was- Sarr, there is some problem in transport and your car will take one more week. Now I was done with him. Next day, I was at their showroom to cancel the booking. To my surprise, there were two more customers in the showroom cancelling the booking of XUV300 because of not getting it after waiting for months.
So, XUV300 goes out just because of pathetic dealership experience.
I called the Hyundai SA and told her that this time we will be taking the delivery of car for sure whenever it arrives.
The Venue arrived again at them in just fifteen days and after doing PDI, we took the delivery of car on 25th August 2019.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-a3aff2219cd440d8b7ea38d2796f129a.jpeg

What I Like About It-

Mid Range Punch- There is a serious turbo boost at 2000 rpm which makes highway driving a breeze.

Interior- Once you enter the cabin, it feels every bit premium. The classy looking black dashboard, black leatherette seats with white stitching, the traditional looking instrument cluster, all go a long way in making cabin a pleasent place.

Seats- They hug you very well. Even after driving over 400 kms a day, I haven’t felt any fatigue.

Boot Space- Very practical for a car of this size. It’s size and shape means we can easily put three trolly bags and a few soft bags in it.

Features- This being a top variant is loaded with features. Though some of them are purely for advertising, there are some which make life easy. My top pick for this is Apple CarPlay which makes everything so easy, be it listening to your favourite music or be it navigation. Keyless entry is another feature which I find useful as you don’t have to take the key out of your pocket for anything. Then there is the safety assurance of having 6 airbags in the car. Other little things like a cooled glove box, rear wiper, fog lamps also help in a big way.

What I Don’t Like About It-

Power At Low RPMs- While the car doesn’t feel dead below 2000 rpm, at times it feels sluggish especially with four or five persons on board. Though with one or two persons, turbo lag is hardly any issue.

Space At Rear- Rear seat is good only for two, not three. Leg space is also just adequate, not great. Though in our family of three average sized adults and two kids, it’s not much of an issue.

Other Points-

Ride & Handling- The car has good ride over poor rural roads. Even at high speeds on highways the car has good stability and steering also feels heavy.

Fuel Economy- It’s been good, especially for a keen driver like me. I have been getting 10-11 in city and 13-14 on highways.

Looks- The car looks bold and sporty from the front. The spilt headlamps give it good street presence. Even the side portfolio looks good thanks to the futuristic looking alloys and functional roof rails. Rear is where things could be better as it looks almost hatch like from rear. But I feel that rear look is an issue with most of the CSUVs out there.

Servicing- The service experience has been good so far. The first service was just a checkup and cost norhing. The second service was at 12 months and it costed around Rs. 2500 which included oil change and wheel alignment. The zero debt insurance at one year was done for around 17k.

What’s Next- The pandemic situation has meant that car has clocked just 6000 kms till now. But still it has seen highways, hills, villages and obviously the narrow streets of town. I will look forward to do more long journeys with the car once situation gets better because highway is where I enjoy this car most.

Leaving you with some pics.

The Bold Front Look-

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fff122c67c40464995e32ebb2b7122cc.jpeg

From The Top-

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-bcdc92e9d8df4845968899686b2d3dfe.jpeg

At Ghats-

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-e8622e38dc3742e48d3de4b745ccd338.jpeg

My Little Baby Having A Close Look At The Instrument Cluster .

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-06ed332b50d4487b8d6a8e0b820604d1.jpeg

Couple Of Side Poses-

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-398eefb5f1de4cf0b104a3ec9dec83ea.jpeg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-9d1f8c122da44426b69223c221688585.jpeg

Last edited by Aakash118 : 9th May 2021 at 22:54.
Aakash118 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 11:02   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandemanw View Post
Venue does not get wireless android auto or Apple carplay in any of the variants. Only wired.
I have a i20 turbo Sportz model. The technician at Hyundai instructed me to use USB wire to connect phone to HU and I did so and it worked great.

But then I switched on both wifi and BT on phone before starting the car and it connects to the HU Android Auto without wires seamlessly. But it takes about 20 /30 seconds. Hope this helps
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 12:53   #389
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I'm a new Hyundai Venue owner. We upgraded from a 2011 Ritz ZXI. We sold the Ritz in October 2020.
Got home the Hyundai Venue SX(o) IMT 2021 model home in January 2021.
Have covered ~3000Kms so far. Enjoying the car. Its a great car. Will share my detailed observations once I hit 5000Kms mark. This is my first turbo petrol car.
Here's the snap of our car "Phoenix"
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210108_181650.jpg  

bpapache is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 23:17   #390

I've noticed a couple of slightly odd things when driving. Like to know your inputs
1. First and second gear shifts are not as smooth as the rest. First gear especially feels harder to slot at times.
2. Clutch release in 1&2 gears is jerky at times unless I time the clutch release perfectly.
3. The brake shudders quite a bit when done hard. Is that the abs?
4. Car shakes quite a bit if rpm is low for the gear.
5. Car moves slightly to left when steering is free.
6. The inbuilt navigation keeps showing my car direction in opposite direction making it useless to show correct directions. Can't seem to right it.
7. The front right brakes squeal sometimes. What could the cause be?
Any suggestions/inputs are welcome. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks