Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 20:49   #346
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

My ex-car, the Baleno RS had a proper pad for the dead pedal, which meant it does not mess up the stock floor pad/mat as I am one of those very few who likes to keep it stock than install all those 2D,3D,7D mats. With the left leg always resting in my Venue DCT, it was slowly starting to mess up the floor area where my left foot would rest and I tried to get a dead pedal pad, but most available online were poorly designed and was not sure if it will go with the rest of the footwell area.

I did search a lot for the part in boodmo, in the Baleno category and just could not find it. Then came Bhpian @Leoshashi with the help. He provided me the part number(of the Ciaz one) and I ordered one from boodmo. I did a different way of installing it than how he did on his XL6, and after a few weeks now, I guess both the ways work well.

Way 1 - Use Velcro and a super strong adhesive to stick the velcro on the pad.
Way 2 - 3M double sided tape.

I went with the second way of 3M double sided tape as a trial and I thought if it gets loose, I would go with a Velcro. But so far, so good.

This is the part number along with the cost.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-2.5.jpg

Unpacked
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-1.jpg

Applied the 3M double sided tape generously
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-2.jpg

Final looks. I have a big foot and I checked where my leg rests most of the time. Applied the pad exactly there! The sticker is stronger than I thought and pulling the pad would make the whole OE floor mat to come along with it. This is one mod I would never need a change, atleast I hope so.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-3.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-4.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 16:00   #347
BHPian

I am curious about one thing, does engine braking works in DCT during downhills?

I tried it in my Venue during a steep downhill by slotting it in the manual. But the car speed kept on increasing and the RPM kept on increasing until it became unbearable. I had to again put it in Drive mode and use normal brakes to control the descent. Has anyone tried this? or it does not simply work for all DCT's.
Old 29th December 2020, 06:46   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
I am curious about one thing, does engine braking works in DCT during downhills?
Well I am unsure if it works in manual mode, but it certainly does in D mode. I will check and update.
Old 6th January 2021, 09:55   #349
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue 1.0-litre Turbo MT S variant discontinued

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fb_img_16099070622133982.jpg

Source : Rushlane
Old 7th January 2021, 16:17   #350
BHPian

My father-in-law will be taking delivery of his new Venue SX iMT from the dealer sometime next week. The car will arrive at the dealers' on Saturday, and he requested me to come along to do the "inspection" I'd been talking about.

Although I will be armed with TBHP's trusty PDI checklist, is there anything I need to look into, exclusively for this car?

Also, the dealer has said he would be giving a discount, as well as a set of accessories for free. What are the accessories provided that should be prioritized over the others (mud-flaps and the ilk)?

Finally, I advised him to get an underbody coating as well. Should we ask the Hyundai guys to do it, or is 3M better? Any other coatings/sprays that should be done?

Thanks in advance.

-DP
Old 7th January 2021, 21:25   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
My father-in-law will be taking delivery of his new Venue SX iMT from the dealer sometime next week. The car will arrive at the dealers' on Saturday, and he requested me to come along to do the "inspection" I'd been talking about.

Finally, I advised him to get an underbody coating as well. Should we ask the Hyundai guys to do it, or is 3M better? Any other coatings/sprays that should be done?

Thanks in advance.

-DP
Congrats to your F-I-L on the purchase of the Venue. I think the T-BHP PDI checklist itself will help you in all kinds of checks and if the car is arriving fresh from factory, things to go wrong would be minimal.

Most Hyundai dealers does underbody coating by 3M with 3-year or 5-year warranty. Unless your 3M dealer can give a discount of rates, you can get it done from Hyundai itself(assuming the provider is 3M).

On the accessories front, I have just got the floor mats and mud-flaps. They tried to sell me all those unnecessary accessories and I made it clear to them that I do not require any of them. And the required accessories will be different for me and you, so you can check the below link to find out the accessories available and then make the call. Hope it helps

https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/...essories/venue
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:51   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I tried it in my Venue during a steep downhill by slotting it in the manual. But the car speed kept on increasing and the RPM kept on increasing until it became unbearable. I had to again put it in Drive mode and use normal brakes to control the descent. Has anyone tried this? or it does not simply work for all DCT's.
Manual gearbox has steeper gear ratio, unless you are in first or second gear, every other gear is capable of crossing 80+kmph.

I guess that is same in DCT too.
Old 8th January 2021, 11:34   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
Manual gearbox has steeper gear ratio, unless you are in first or second gear, every other gear is capable of crossing 80+kmph.

I guess that is same in DCT too.
I even tried with 1st and 2nd gears. The car just doesn't hold the speed. If the downhill is really steep the speed would increase gradually as well as RPMs while gear remains the same. In order to control speed one has to brake.
Old 8th January 2021, 12:03   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
Nothing is needed really, some coatings can trap water and start rusting from the inside and you wont see it until its too late.

On a top spec car, you do not need to spend a rupee on accessories, drive home and enjoy.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 18:30   #355
BHPian

Quote:
I even tried with 1st and 2nd gears. The car just doesn't hold the speed. If the downhill is really steep the speed would increase gradually as well as RPMs while gear remains the same. In order to control speed one has to brake.
Well I just tried this and it works. But by how much? I cant answer that till I drive another AT and compare it. But there is certainly engine braking if the speed isn't too high and you aren't in a much higher gear, otherwise in manual mode, the car will hold on to the gear much longer, but when I downshifted on an incline, the engine braking did work as it's intended to do.
Old 14th January 2021, 13:24   #356
BHPian

We took delivery of our Venue SX(O) MT in August when I was not in India and I finally got to drive it from last month. I used to hate Venue for the way it looks ( I still don't like it much but it's very easy to live with) but I must say it's a typical Petrol Hyundai as I expected. There's not much fuss or drama around it and everything works the way it's supposed to. We had an i20 before this and it was exactly like this. One of the easiest cars to own.

Took it out for few long drives and completed 5000km in the process. The car is more suited for open roads than the city as I was caught dead in the tracks few times with the turbo lag in 2nd. The only grouse I have is subpar mileage it has been giving us. We rarely see more than 10-11 kmpl and it's much heavier on pocket than our ex-Duster ( Well the maintenance on Duster would have balanced things )

Since I am not based in India, this makes a better and easier option to live with rather than some of it's counterparts. Will keep the family happy for next 5-7 years.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue_.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue_2.jpg
turbowhistle is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 12:31   #357
Senior - BHPian

I have just booked a S MT as a replacement for our 8 year old i20 which was sold last month.

All the hatchbacks seem so expensive these days so thought we would get a Venue SMT - did not need the top end as this is mostly driven to nearby locations and ferry the ladies / kids.

We already have an Innova and the new Thar and having good GC would be an added benefit.

No discounts available at all.

Opted for the Titan Grey color and expect delivery in about a week's time.
Old 19th January 2021, 19:45   #358
Senior - BHPian

Got our SMT delivered today.
OTR Price roughly 8.4 Lacs.
Drove it for about 15-20 km's and feels so much light and a bit frustrating as used to AT's for last 6 years however it is not a bad car.

I always thought the Venue to be a bigger car but it is small when you see it and sit in it.

Used to Thar and Innova this seems tiny.

Should suffice for what I have brought. Fits in the driveway perfectly

Few pics. Dealer told me not many people opt for Lower variants.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210119-17.24.23-1.jpeg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210119-11.42.18.jpeg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210119-17.23.57.jpeg
vkochar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 20:40   #359
BHPian

Hello Everybody, I plan to buy a Venue SX+ DCT. But I have apprehensions related to the dry DCT which find a place in Venue. I plan to keep the car for 10 years and my run is about 10000 kms per year. But I keep hearing about heating issues of the dry DCTs in stop and go traffic which is common during my commute times to office.

Has anybody been using these dry DC transmissions since the launch? Is the fear of dry DCTs baseless? Should I move to the tried and tested CVTs?
Old 21st January 2021, 20:53   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Has anybody been using these dry DC transmissions since the launch? Is the fear of dry DCTs baseless? Should I move to the tried and tested CVTs?
I have run around 8000kms in 6 months now with the SX+ DCT with 80% of it in city drives and have taken her through the peak Bangalore traffic hours a lot, out of which one was around 2 hours long and it never had any issues. The thing is, try to keep it in neutral on long stops. The only issue which the dry clutch will have is the overheating, which cools down in 5 minutes(approximately) in N position, as per first hand user experiences and the manual. Overheating was reported by a few users in early batches, but haven't seen anyone reporting it recently(haven't come across a single case in 2020). And not to forget, the i20, Creta, Verna, Sonet and the Seltos does use the same gearbox and haven't heard much issues about the DCT yet, apart from a few off cases.

I know a couple of fellows who have successfully completed 50k kms on the DCT, if that could help.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks