Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 16:04   #331

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi lone_wanderer, did you manage to silence the lock-unlock sound of the Venue? Because numerous reports on this forum suggest that there is no way one can disable the locking beep. If you did, than that’s quite an achievement!
I shall too check this on my friend’s car, and confirm. That beep is really annoying to say the least.
I agree its annoying specially when returning home late at night or leaving very early morning. What i do for locking is Press the lock button first and then close the last/final door. It gives locking turn indicator blink confirmation but avoids the loud sound. To unlock i use the manual key unlock... But it's scary for someone unaware standing right in front of your car LMAO.
speedster_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 17:20   #332
BHPian

Folks - Those who have had MRF Wanderers on their Venue, please provide your feedback on how the Tires are in terms of comfort, hardness, grip levels (dry/wet), braking etc.? Can it be used or do you folks suggest a change as soon as delivery is taken?

My venue is coming with MRF Wanderers and the spare is an Apollo Alnac 4G.

Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 00:26   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - Those who have had MRF Wanderers on their Venue, please provide your feedback on how the Tires are in terms of comfort, hardness, grip levels (dry/wet), braking etc.? Can it be used or do you folks suggest a change as soon as delivery is taken?

My venue is coming with MRF Wanderers and the spare is an Apollo Alnac 4G.

Thanks
Hey, I've had the Venue since May 2019 and can confirm that the Wanderers are good. Less road noise, and more than adequate grip for on-road driving. Even during hard braking and high speed sweeping turns, the tyres hold their own.

I'm a happy customer.

Absolutely no need to upgrade as long as it's the 215, R16.
KaranP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 17:35   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster_m View Post
I agree its annoying specially when returning home late at night or leaving very early morning. What i do for locking is Press the lock button first and then close the last/final door. It gives locking turn indicator blink confirmation but avoids the loud sound. To unlock i use the manual key unlock... But it's scary for someone unaware standing right in front of your car LMAO.
You need to press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for couple of seconds until the hazard lights blink 4 times. This works like a charm and also mentioned in the service booklet. If not available in physical booklet you can scan and download the e-booklet.

You can repeat the same to un-mute.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 11:16   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
You need to press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for couple of seconds until the hazard lights blink 4 times. This works like a charm and also mentioned in the service booklet. If not available in physical booklet you can scan and download the e-booklet.
Apart from the service booklet, does Hyundai not provide any other user manual for the car? Even the infotainment guide is very basic. Also, does the SX variant come with inbuilt navigation or is it restricted to the top variant only?
Old 16th November 2020, 00:35   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Apart from the service booklet, does Hyundai not provide any other user manual for the car? Even the infotainment guide is very basic. Also, does the SX variant come with inbuilt navigation or is it restricted to the top variant only?
The physical manuals are very basic. However you can find QR code in both the manuals. Scan and it provides extensive 600+ pages which of course they can’t provide in paper book.

Sadly or I would say it’s good that the infotainment system doesn’t have inbuilt navigation. It’s restricted to only top end with a memory card sort of. The top end HU has many other functionalities may be related to connected car features. For navigation CarPlay or android auto are far better options.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 11:35   #337
BHPian

Today, I was just surfing in Hyundai app, under accessories, I found out LED headlights for Venue. I immediately called Kun Hyundai to check on the availability and they confirmed availability and also said LED headlights (9005) is the one which will fit my model (SX)

I need suggestions from our beloved members, is it worth to upgrade to LED? Will there be any positive difference when compared to normal projectors? Appreciate your response.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-42629e60967d4a6baae9e4d6e91d4068.png  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-bdf28f4657ec4f75a69f1a1ae869dcb1.png  

vvivek85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 13:41   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Will there be any positive difference when compared to normal projectors?
Upgrade to LEDs is a debatable option, I too was looking in to this for past couple of months and then dropped the idea based on discussion on this thread (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades).

You can take a look to get an idea on what to expect.

Also, I feel you can get cheaper H4 LEDs if you source it directly.

Example:

Link1

Link2
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:11   #339
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Also, I feel you can get cheaper H4 LEDs if you source it directly.
Hyundai Venue requires HB3 9005 type socket. H4 is on the variants without projectors.

I think the OP has the setup with projectors (SX variant).
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:37   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Today, I was just surfing in Hyundai app, under accessories, I found out LED headlights for Venue. I immediately called Kun Hyundai to check on the availability and they confirmed availability and also said LED headlights (9005) is the one which will fit my model (SX)
Hey, do these fit in the Creta 15’-19’ models with projectors as well?
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:51   #341
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It should fit. Just buy the HB3 9005 type.

You'll need to drill holes in the dust caps too for the wiring to pass through. Make sure you seal the holes after passing the wires to avoid dust/moisture from entering the casing.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:12   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
To my best knowledge both the projectors are same, so this should fit in for last gen Creta.
vvivek85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 17:31   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I think the OP has the setup with projectors (SX variant).
Oh. Okay, I was mentioning based on the H4 LEDs mentioned, only noticed the HB3 screenshot later.

In that case too however, you can get cheaper options online.

Link

Any idea what is the OEM for Venue, Osram?
Old 16th November 2020, 18:10   #344
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Any idea what is the OEM for Venue, Osram?
I think it is Philips as OEM for the projector variant. Not sure what the reflector (H4) variants get.
Old 19th November 2020, 21:11   #345
BHPian

De-chromed the grill
After asking a Hyundai showroom here about the availability of the Sport variant's black grill, their response were super poor and blamed that they would need a VIN number to order any parts for it. I got hold of a friends Venue sport's VIN number and handed over to Hyundai for ordering the part. Not only does it cost Rs.4700, they told it will take a month for the part to arrive. That is really poor of how things run in Hyundai with such a big turn around time. I really hope I don't have to wait such a long time for critical parts to arrive.

Long story short, decided to get the stock dark chrome grill to be painted to gloss black.

The inside of the bumper. All the chrome 'cross' are removable and can be separated from the rest of the grill and painted individually.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_6856.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_6862.jpg

After painting it to gloss black. Sand papered it, then applied primer and 2 coats of gloss black paint.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_6909.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_6910.jpg

After fixing back the now gloss black grill with chrome Hyundai logo.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fullsizerender2.jpg

Lightly wrapped both front and rear logos. I am neutral on how it looks, but yeah the logo stickers can be peeled off.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fullsizerender4.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fullsizerender6.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks