Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 19:16   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
The new steering is only on the SX, SX(O) and the SX+DCT where the DCT top variant also gains paddle shifters. Other variants continues with the old design.
This is the Sports version of the iMT. The SX iMT does not get the red highlights and red stitching on the steering wheel.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 19:28   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
This is the Sports version of the iMT. The SX iMT does not get the red highlights and red stitching on the steering wheel.
Was referring just to the Flat bottom wheel and got confused because I have seen a D cut steering without red stitching and that was the non-sport variant of SX+DCT. Sport variants get red accents, slightly different seat upholstery with red stitches and a few other red thrown here and there while the only normal variant with D cut steering wheel(SX+DCT) gets the silver stitches and silver knob outlines.
There is no difference in features on offer between the normal variant and Sport variant apart from overuse of paint here and there(read black roof, red caliper etc.). Rest of the car remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi Folks,
Has anyone faced the issue of Headlight fogging in their Venue?
Any inputs on this would be great!
Missed this one. This has happened in my Venue as well as most of the cars I owned in the past with projector setup. Friends Ecosport, my Ninja 300, R3, Baleno RS and a few friends car’s too fogs up. I am not sure if this is a problem, have seen a few guys getting it replaced under warranty just for the fog to make a return later. Remember Mercedes telling a friend of mine that this happens because of the cooling vents for the projectors and would go off on their own. Though we never saw any vents, we learned to live with it as it would disappear once the damp conditions are lost. Might be good to speak with the service advisor to know his view on them. This is common as far as I have seen.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2020 at 23:20. Reason: As requested
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 20:36   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Quote:
The new steering is only on the SX, SX(O) and the SX+DCT where the DCT top variant also gains paddle shifters. Other variants continues with the old design.
I think what he was trying to point out was that your initial post about the D cut steering being present in SX variant is not right.

This new steering wheel is only in the SX+ DCT, Sport trim (SX and SXO) and SXO. That is the SX iMT and SX MT don't get it.

You need to go up to the SX based Sport trim to get this steering wheel with iMT and MT.

That means that there is a difference between Sport and the normal variant.
Old 30th August 2020, 20:51   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
This new steering wheel is only in the SX+ DCT, Sport trim (SX and SXO) and SXO. That is the SX iMT and SX MT don't get it.
Thanks for pointing this out. My apologies for the confusion to the first reply. The confusion came from the SX+DCT and SX(O) non-sport variants which gets the D-Cut wheel with silver accents.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 30th August 2020 at 21:06.
Old 30th August 2020, 22:57   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
Glad to see the Creta type steering wheel on the updated Venue iMT. Looks premium and differentiates it well from the Nios/Aura. Just wish they add the dual tone horn as well. The single one, though premium sounds a bit rough.
I may be one of the minority, but i find this D-Cut steering confused and gawky to look at. I mean I have not used it nor I have seen it personally, but what is the whole idea of cluttering the lower portion of steering. During driving on ghats, whole rim of steering is used repeatedly to turn it. Does this new shape of steering obstructs its seamless handling, only a review can tell.
Old 31st August 2020, 22:06   #306
Senior - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-418425

"Neither here nor there" sums up the iMT (available in the SX trim only) precisely, as mentioned only a hard boiled nut would go for this over the DCT in S trim at a premium of Rs 25k.
Old 31st August 2020, 23:02   #307
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back posts mods kindly merge the posts
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 22:38   #308

Quote:
Hi Folks,
Has anyone faced the issue of Headlight fogging in their Venue? This particular issue is seen in my friend's car and has occurred for the very first time.
The intensity is high in the headlights, not much in the turn indicators though.
Any inputs on this would be great!

Attachment 2049140

Attachment 2049141
I have the same issue after its driven in a bit of rain or there's humidity. It's not collecting water, and it looks like its just condensation on the inside of the unit. My understanding is that there are vents which allow the condensation to evaporate, and that could also be the reason why the condensation is happening. In my case, its not water buildup, more like mild fogging. I could be wrong about whether this should/shouldn't happen at all. Do update on the issue if/when you resolve it.
lone_wanderer01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 16:49   #309

Just found the note regarding condensation buildup in the PDF version of the Venue's User Manual. Hope this helps anyone who has an issue with this.

Sorry for the back to back posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-condensation.jpg  

lone_wanderer01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:13   #310
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue is top selling Sub-4M SUV in August 2020, beats Vitara Brezza

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-smartselect_20200903091013_chrome.jpg

https://gaadiwaadi.com/hyundai-venue...vitara-brezza/
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 18:05   #311
Senior - BHPian

Anyone update Airfilter with K&N? What is the product code for DCT 1.0?
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 13:42   #312

Team,
Rat chewed up my Venue petrol fuel hose, and i have searched for a fix (being lock down and spare not available) but not able to find one.

I'm stuck in my native, 360 kms from Chennai, and i ordered the fuel hose line before 45 days and it was not delivered until last week.

Fed-up after the waiting time, I searched internet and found few fixes for various vehicles, and i was not convinced until i found the below...

Couple of you-tube Videos showing how this is done,

*Used 8mm Pneumatic straight hose line (Easy to find in any hardware shop, also for reference i have provided amazon image)

I have attached the before and after picture for your reference, this might be a quick fix i thought.

Then came a surprise, I was worried whether this would be a permanent fix and afraid of leakage in the future, i took the vehicle to authorized service center and the service manager (Someone I know, so he suggested to keep, else they might have recommended replacing it) mentioned as this is a total fix and you don't need to replace the fuel hose line anymore!

Your suggestions? My 2nd service is due on November 2020 and I'm planning to change the hose by then, but experts are saying no need as this is kind of factory fix!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20200722wa0002.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20200903_201957.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20200904_173446.jpg  

Old 10th September 2020, 19:38   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Was referring just to the Flat bottom wheel and got confused because I have seen a D cut steering without red stitching and that was the non-sport variant of SX+DCT. Sport variants get red accents, slightly different seat upholstery with red stitches and a few other red thrown here and there while the only normal variant with D cut steering wheel(SX+DCT) gets the silver stitches and silver knob outlines.
There is no difference in features on offer between the normal variant and Sport variant apart from overuse of paint here and there(read black roof, red caliper etc.). Rest of the car remains the same.

Missed this one. This has happened in my Venue as well as most of the cars I owned in the past with projector setup. Friends Ecosport, my Ninja 300, R3, Baleno RS and a few friends car’s too fogs up. I am not sure if this is a problem, have seen a few guys getting it replaced under warranty just for the fog to make a return later. Remember Mercedes telling a friend of mine that this happens because of the cooling vents for the projectors and would go off on their own. Though we never saw any vents, we learned to live with it as it would disappear once the damp conditions are lost. Might be good to speak with the service advisor to know his view on them. This is common as far as I have seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wanderer01 View Post
I have the same issue after its driven in a bit of rain or there's humidity. It's not collecting water, and it looks like its just condensation on the inside of the unit. My understanding is that there are vents which allow the condensation to evaporate, and that could also be the reason why the condensation is happening. In my case, its not water buildup, more like mild fogging. I could be wrong about whether this should/shouldn't happen at all. Do update on the issue if/when you resolve it.
IMHO this is a common problem among the Hyundai vehicles. I have the same issue in my 7 year old grand i10. The issue crops only after driving for long hours in the rain or when the car is parked in a hill station where the ambient temperature is on the lower side. During the initial days of my ownership, other grand i10 owners have reported the same on team Bhp and it was told to replace the headlight assembly under warranty. This usually solves the problem for sometime only to return again. I have seen many elite i20s with the same problem. I think it should not cause major issues. You can ask the Hyundai ASS once regarding the same but I doubt thru will come up with any useful fix.
fazonater1911 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 17:10   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I may be one of the minority, but i find this D-Cut steering confused and gawky to look at. I mean I have not used it nor I have seen it personally, but what is the whole idea of cluttering the lower portion of steering. During driving on ghats, whole rim of steering is used repeatedly to turn it. Does this new shape of steering obstructs its seamless handling, only a review can tell.
+1.
To me the D-cut steering wheel is weird & hideous.
Never liked it when it was first seen on the new Creta. Don't like it now either on the Venue.
The regular steering wheel on the Venue is much better IMO.
Better in look, feel & touch. Can confirm because I saw & touched them back to back on a Sport variant (which was in the parking area) and my SX variant when I visited the showroom for some work last week.

Regarding the fogging issue, although I have driven for 1-2 hours in continuous rain (only for couple of days though), I have not seen them yet on my car. However, will surely be looking for it once such conditions are encountered again, and this time I'll be more keen on finding the issue, if it exists even a bit.

Last edited by arijit_chat2006 : 18th September 2020 at 17:14.
arijit_chat2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 17:20   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Hi lone_wanderer, did you manage to silence the lock-unlock sound of the Venue? Because numerous reports on this forum suggest that there is no way one can disable the locking beep. If you did, than that’s quite an achievement!
I shall too check this on my friend’s car, and confirm. That beep is really annoying to say the least.
I was able to do it on my car (SX variant, not SX(O)) by long pressing the lock+unlock buttons on the keyfob.
Don't know if it is different on the SX(O) though.
However, I again enabled it, assuming that the alarm system gets disabled when I disable the beep, I could be wrong here in my assumptions.
The beep is really loud & irritating, but I have learnt to make peace with it.

Apologies for the back to back posts.
arijit_chat2006 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks