Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:53   #271
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Hyundai India has revealed the pricing for the newly announced Hyundai Venue iMT. The Venue iMT will cost Rs 9.90 lakh for the SX trim and Rs 11.09 lakh for the SX(O). The iMT gearbox is exclusively available with the 1.0-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol. Further, Hyundai has also announced a new Sport trim level for the Venue. This will be available with the turbo petrol motor with either iMT or DCT gearbox and with the 1.5-litre diesel manual.

In the turbo-petrol and iMT drivetrain, the Sport trim's prices start at Rs 10.20 lakh for the SX trim, going up to Rs 11.21 lakh for the SX(O). This new variant will come in the SX+ trim level with the turbo-petrol and DCT gearbox option, priced at Rs 11.58 lakh. With the diesel manual, the Sport SX trim costs Rs 10.30 lakh, while the SX(O) comes in at Rs 11.52 lakh.

Notable feature additions to the Sport trim are dual-tone paint, Sport emblem, red brake callipers, gloss-finish front grille with red inserts, grey bumper garnish, grey roof-rail with red inserts and red inserts on wheel arches and side moulding. The interiors come with new steering with red-stitching, metal-finished pedals, grey upholstery with red stitching and red accents on dashboard knobs. The Sport trim with DCT also gets paddle shifters.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/2...ol-and-diesel/

Source: Overdrive
sv97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 10:04   #272
BHPian

As per below link Venue DCT gets pedal shifters in Sports trim.

Source : https://m.indianautosblog.com/hyunda...t-trim-p321205

But I am not able to find any mention in brochure.

Hope they are not confused with new sporty pedals.
Old 27th July 2020, 07:06   #273
BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

I am not sure if this fits in here, this person has painted Venue’s wheel caps like an alloy.

Source - FB
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-91b166f6cf2b4b109c1b97ebd17e606b.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-42edec2b252249a58d8437f235852ef2.jpeg  

vvivek85 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 08:10   #274
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
I am not sure if this fits in here, this person has painted Venue’s wheel caps like an alloy.

Source - FB
The idea was good but its the execution that matters. He should have spent more time in fixing the masking tape before the paint job. The lack of proper tools/effort shines through. Take a look at the frayed edges of the paint job.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 16:17   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
As per below link Venue DCT gets pedal shifters in Sports trim.

Source : https://m.indianautosblog.com/hyunda...t-trim-p321205

But I am not able to find any mention in brochure.

Hope they are not confused with new sporty pedals.
Maybe you were looking at the old brochure? SX+ DCT and Sports trim gets paddle shift. Below is the link to the new brochure.
https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...V_brochure.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-ps.jpg  

Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 11:51   #276
BHPian

Re: How did I land in a perfect VENUE

The first time I felt the touch of steering wheel when I was a mere child sitting on my father’s caring lap. That was an old FIAT! Perhaps, that was the moment when the addiction for “LIVE to DRIVE” instilled in my heart and mind.
After almost a decade when I was in Engineering College, a TATA Sumo Ezi came to the family. I literally learnt the driving with this vehicle through the grassy grounds, football pitches and eventually through the narrow muddy rural roads.
Since 2015, I have been driving the MS Wagon R Vxi. I had loads of great memories and glimpses of road trips with my big family. Still the Wagon R with almost 50k in the oedometer, sails through all different types of roads with its inherent grace.
It was 2018, I shifted to a new city 300 kilometres away from my home for the sake of my job and another car became requisite. However, the hunt for the new moveable home had been started since February, 2019. By that time, I was quite sure that I wanted a compact SUV as my next car. The reasons behind choosing this kind of car are being inscribed below.
1) The sheer maneuverability of sub-4-meter sized car
2) High ground clearance provides peace of mind during mild off-roading and navigating through village or hilly road
3) The SUV stance and dominating road presence
4) Unquestionable build quality and decent ride and handling balance
Being a car crazy, I thought “this is the scope to check all the cars in this class”. Therefore, upon fixing my budget of 12 lakhs, I made a list which consisted of Renault Duster, Ford Ecosport, Tata Nexon, Hyundai Creta 1.4 CRDi. The cars which I ignored were MS Vitara Brezza and Honda WRV. Subsequently, I initiated the test drive venture with Tata Nexon. The positives and negatives which I had experienced during the test drive and numerous show room visits are being mentioned car wise.

Tata Nexon:
Liking:
The steering wheels
The ride quality and the diesel engine
Brake and grip of tyres
Disliking:
The parking camera quality
Touch response of the infotainment system
Non-uniform clutch play and travel
Deletion of few feel-good features like bumper mount rear back light, backlit window switches, parcel tray under the front passenger seat, one touch rear camera on button and so on, from 4-star model to 5-star model.

Renault Duster:
Liking:
The ride quality
Braking power
Cabin Space
AWD onboard
The tall sixth gear (During test drive I drove it from 40 kmph to 90 kmph in sixth gear)
Disliking:
The not-so-attractive interior
No proper bottle holder
Expensive AWD variant with only two SRP airbags
The infotainment positioning was inconvenient to operate while on the move
High maintenance cost (as came to know from several owners' reviews)

Ford Ecosport:
Liking:
Ease of driving
Driver friendly cabin
The best steering wheel
The surprisingly silent diesel motor
Very luxurious interior
Smoothest infotainment system
Disliking:
The ride quality was stiff
Expensive top variant
Stiff clutch

Hyundai Creta 1.4
Having heard my maximum budget, the showroom sales executive insisted me to have a spin with the entry level Creta. Except the size, no other element could attract me.
I was utter confused as heart said Nexon but brain said Ecosport. To come to a conclusive verdict took my father for a showroom visit. Finally, we made our mind to go with Ecosport Titanium TDCi and the price was quoted as 11.35 lakhs.

During first week of April, in one fine morning I got a call from the Hyundai Sales Executive and upon receiving he told “Bhaiyaa, ek naya gaadi aa rahi hai, abhi koi gaadi booking maat ki jiye. (Bro, please don’t book any car right now, just wait for a month as a new car from Hyundai is going to be launched)” in a single breath without introducing himself over phone. I realized the eagerness of that fellow to offer me the best suited product within my budget.
Consequently, I initiated exhaustive exploration and research about the new car: The Venue. All the reviews were full of positive nonetheless, was a bit skeptical about the rear seat and performance of small diesel engine. The attractive thing for me was the top end sx(o) consisted of ESP, TCS, 6 airbags and a brilliant infotainment system (way better than Fly Audio of Ecosport Titanium). In order to get rid of from the only confusion regarding rear space and engine, I took my father, uncle and his friend for the test drive. Coincidentally, the TD vehicle was 1.4CRDi sx(o) and, we four and the sales executive got into the vehicle and hit the Durgapur Express Way. I drove the Venue at a speed of 100 kmph and every one inside vehicle affirmed me that they were comfortable and indeed liked the vehicle. Being a sedate driver, both I and father felt the engine response was sufficient for our need.
Here comes the most excited part. The top end diesel was quoted as 12.15 Lakhs and the sales executive agreed to gift mud flaps, foot mats and car cover (I know I am not a good negotiator in this regard).
Booking was made by my grandmother at our home on 26th July and we were waiting for the car to arrive since the waiting period was more than 5 weeks.

Happy Grand Maa
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20190726wa0006.jpg

The sales person called me on 23rd of August and very surprisingly let me know the arrival of my Venue and subsequently, requested me to have Pre-delivery Investigation as per my convenient time. The next day morning I rushed to the showroom since I could not resist myself from having the pleasure of first eye to eye contact.

Eye to eye contact: It was indeed love at first sight
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190824_111928.jpg
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190824_111938.jpg

The day I settled with the perfect VENUE: 31st August, 2019

The celebration
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20190902wa0012.jpg

The Delivery
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190831_125041.jpg

At home
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190901_075204.jpg
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190901_075213.jpg

The three Musketeers!
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20190918wa0029.jpg

First free service after a month of driving!
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20191011_112051.jpg

Many thanks for keeping your patience and reading my initial post.
RIKUPIKU is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 21:00   #277
BHPian

My SX+ DCT First service update. 1 Month, 1500 kms
Nothing major here. As of today, completed first service and 1500kms. If it wasn't for Covid-19, the car would have been around 5000kms now. The only issue I had was rattles from door pads. Apart from this issue, the car has been running flawlessly. Completed 1500kms, one month after purchase. I am getting around 20kpl on the highway with the lightest of foot and around 12kpl in moderate traffic. With 50% city and 50% highway run, I see that the MID displays around 16kpl as average and this seems pretty close in accuracy as well as tank full to tank full gave me around 15.7kpl.

The service was done at Apco Hyundai, Calicut, Kerala. The service advisor Mr.Bijumon was a knowledgeable person and my interactions with him was above average. Room for improvement is there regarding updating the status of the vehicle, but other than that, no complaints. My air purifier, which conked off on the third day has been replaced under warranty after 30 days and they said that this is an improved version of the same, well lets see how it goes.

- The doors are heavy and well built. My wife finds it tough to push it when opening because Baleno's doors were feather light. The bumpers doesn't flex when pressure applied, the bonnet is heavy as well.

- Understanding the DCT more, I have been extremely happy with the controlled nature of the gearbox in AT mode, and its explosive nature once put in the manual mode. Overtaking is literally faster than a manual with this mode. The shifts happen in a split second.

- The brakes could have been a lot better, perhaps because I am used to all 4 discs of the Baleno RS which were simply class leading. Export variant of the Venue gets all 4 discs. I would have paid more for it.

- Rear leg space isn't negligibly small as many online reviews suggest, this was primarily done when they chopped off the length of the car to fit in the 4m tax bracket. US model has much better rear leg room space, but this cannot be a deal breaker because none of my occupants has complained about it, yet!

- The body roll is very much controlled and handling around corners are much better than I expected. Its a mix between comfort and sportiness and I guess the Sonet would be a bit more stiffer than the Venue.

- The seats deserve a special mention. It feels hard compared to my Maruti, but the side bolstering is easily 100 miles ahead. The RS's seats were too soft, but this is right up there with one of the best seat cushioning and I am not going to use any covers as I loved the detailing on the seat upholstery.

- The door pad sounds were attended to by the service center and have vanished as I type this. I did not have any hope on this one, but they did the job pretty well as it looks. I am now looking at damping all four doors. Investigations on the brands and the changes it can make for masking the outside sound are already ON. Thinking of doing it as DIY.

- I had asked the dealer about the sliding armrest and rear seat bed with 60:40 split seats. Armrest is 9k INR, and seat bed is 35k INR. So there it goes. I am literally not going to do these.

- I am really investigating on the Paddle shifts. The dealers are clueless and I don't blame them since they are also seeing paddles for the first time. But once I find a friend who has Creta with paddles(or a new Venue with paddles), I will try for a swap and see if it works without any connections like in Polo GT. Still in the dark regarding the same. If there are wiring changes, I wont be going for the steering with paddles. As of now, one dealer has promised to check with R&D team and confirm if its a direct swap, but the promised dates are already over, so have little hope on it. More to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img4788.jpg  

Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 15:36   #278
BHPian

Here is the first drive of Venue IMT. It is a very good idea in comparison to AMT and comes at a premium of 20k only. Some points
1. The clutch is opened and closed electronically when the gear lever is moved 10% to change gears.
2. If you are in a incorrect gear for e.g. 4th at standstill, the car will not move forward and give warning chimes and MID warning to slot into appropriate gear.
3. Behaves just like a manual minus the clutch with same fuel efficiency.
4. Reviewer does a steep incline reverse and climb and IMT Venue does it with aplomb aided by Hill Ascent Control.

I hope this technology is adopted by all manufacturers and make it mainstream. This seems a much better solution than AMT.

PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 16:51   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I hope this technology is adopted by all manufacturers and make it mainstream. This seems a much better solution than AMT.
Its cheaper to buy & it has 50% less automation related failure chance (since gear selection is manual) - other than these two, is there anything else that is better than AMT?
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 17:24   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Its cheaper to buy & it has 50% less automation related failure chance (since gear selection is manual) - other than these two, is there anything else that is better than AMT?
No head nod while changing gears.
Full manual control - No dependency on AMT shift logic
Transition from driving a manual to IMT will be minimal
Same fuel efficiency and maintenance

Above are based on watching the video. Perhaps ownership review will paint the actual picture. The idea and execution feels better than AMT.
I would at least prefer this over an AMT.
Thanks.
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 17:34   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry didn't mean to take it off-topic, so we'll move to the IMT thread after this post if required.

Quote:
No head nod while changing gears.
Full manual control - No dependency on AMT shift logic
Both are available in AMT with manual mode in all cars with AMT. In fact spend a few days with AMT and you'll master it so well that you'll drive it without head-nod even in auto mode. The trick is to lift when you know is the best time to upshift.
Quote:
Transition from driving a manual to IMT will be minimal
On the contrary I feel it will be tougher. It would be easy for muscle memory to not do anything (AMT).
But to manually shift a gear while not operating the clutch sure will be a bit funny for a while. I anticipate most people to hit a flat floor with left foot many times.
Quote:
Same fuel efficiency and maintenance
Statistically proven that AMT tends to give better FE for average Joe/Jane since in auto mode, its tuned to upshift as early as possible.

I wonder how this will react when a user upshifts or downshifts at wrong RPM when the car is in motion at some speed. Parked shifting is a different thing. In motion if it lets upshift at lower RPM - it will try to ride the clutch as a reaction. In the manual mode of AMT - the system doesn't allow upshift at RPMs below safe threshold.

Indeed you are right - only real world user reviews will make more sense. This one technology sure will have consumers split like pro-petrol & pro-diesel .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 18:17   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Both are available in AMT with manual mode in all cars with AMT. In fact spend a few days with AMT and you'll master it so well that you'll drive it without head-nod even in auto mode. The trick is to lift when you know is the best time to upshift.
There is no need to master anything with IMT. For younger folks it might be easier to master. I once persuaded my dad to test drive an AMT and CVT cars (Wagonr and Ciaz). He outright rejected them saying he prefers the control on gears and AMT auto mode was too jerky.
Quote:
On the contrary I feel it will be tougher. It would be easy for muscle memory to not do anything (AMT).
But to manually shift a gear while not operating the clutch sure will be a bit funny for a while. I anticipate most people to hit a flat floor with left foot many times.
Same is mentioned by the reviewer as well, but he was home in 30 minutes. The transition is minimal.

Quote:
Statistically proven that AMT tends to give better FE for average Joe/Jane since in auto mode, its tuned to upshift as early as possible.
That is in Auto mode and it gets confused if suddenly throttle is slammed or change in traffic and road conditions. One has to shift to manual mode.
Quote:
I wonder how this will react when a user upshifts or downshifts at wrong RPM when the car is in motion at some speed. Parked shifting is a different thing. In motion if it lets upshift at lower RPM - it will try to ride the clutch as a reaction. In the manual mode of AMT - the system doesn't allow upshift at RPMs below safe threshold.
That is true even for manual cars as well. I don't think we have electronic safe measures to prevent downshifting from higher to lower gear.
Quote:
Indeed you are right - only real world user reviews will make more sense. This one technology sure will have consumers split like pro-petrol & pro-diesel .
At the end of the day it boils down to individual's preference. AMT was accepted and IMT response will come out in some time. At least Hyundai looks set to launch it in more vehicles.
Thanks.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 17:52   #283
BHPian

Autocar's Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue.

Old 20th August 2020, 21:16   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
But I hate that tone of door locked/unlock. Need to look at options of replacing that horn
dear a_myth, did you find any way to get this locking sound disabled ? I got delivery of my Grand i10 Nios Asta today and just in the first few locks unlocks I hate this sound already. I am looking for some suggestions please.
Old 23rd August 2020, 02:15   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
dear a_myth, did you find any way to get this locking sound disabled ? I got delivery of my Grand i10 Nios Asta today and just in the first few locks unlocks I hate this sound already. I am looking for some suggestions please.
I'm not sure if this would work, bit have you tried unlocking the car and then have the lock and unlock button pressed together for around 8-10 seconds? It worked on the Venue, don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the Nios.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks