Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2020, 18:23   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

If the turbo petrol from Mahindra does indeed make it to the Figo in unchanged tune as reported in the link below, this is going to decimate most other petrol hatches in terms of performance. Somehow, seems unlikely though since the price would be quite high.

Bring it on Ford, you have many loyalists who love your products, reward them with these kind of killer engine specs:

https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...ls-033063.html
Old 20th December 2020, 23:36   #212
BHPian

Hi.. I had faced some weird situation and would like your thoughts on the same.

I had given my car, a Ford Figo (TN22DR6169) for the 2nd free service on 01-Dec-2020 in line with the intimation received from Chennai Ford. Since this was the customary service at 1 year. There was not much complaints. Just minor niggles which were explained to the service engineer. One of the major additions. was the under body rust coating as suggested by the engineer.

I was supposed to receive the car the next day. However, the engineer said that it would help if I could leave the car over for one more day as it would help the rust coat dry better. Since he seemed earnest, I agreed to the same and picked up the car from the service centre 3-Dec-2020. In hindsight it makes me wonder why the additional day was needed.

However, less than 5km from the service centre I had noted a weird burning smell inside the car. I called up the sevice engineer right away and asked about it. He assured it was nothing and it would go away. Assuming, it was something to do with the new rust coating, I took his word, and went home. However I had not had a chance to drive around for the next 15 days..

On19-Dec-2020, my wife had taken the car out and on her return there was the terrible burning smell back again. It was about 9 pm. I had immediately spoken to the chennai ford customer exec and the service engineer who attended to my car.

When I brought the car for service on20-Dec-2020, I got the shock of my life as they said it was due to a clutch burn out issue. The car had barely done 2500km n less than a year old. Further, the smell had started coming only AFTER I recd the car from the service centre. Another service engineer who saw the car insisted that it was due to half clutch driving n conveniently ignored the part where I said I DID NOT have this issue prior to dropping the car off for service.

He further said, "I should learn to drive with this smell" as it cant be resolved, when I asked for a solution.

What could possibly have gone wrong and what is the way out. Any thoughts would be welcome.
sooshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 00:25   #213
BHPian

Escalate this issue immediately to the Ford Customer Care.

Ford Service Center will give you a vehicle report card. Check the comment there, did they mark your clutch as Yellow / Red or was it marked green? Did they leave any comments about the clutch?

Here is an example,

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-psx_20201221_002239.jpg

If nothing written & clutch is marked green, don't waste time & immediately escalate this issue to Ford Customer Care.

2500kms in oddo is definitely well within the warranty time frame for clutch !! Even with worst of half clutch driving, its impossible to burn the clutch within 2500 kms of a new vehicle. Secondly, if there is no comments given about your clutch in vehicle report card, definitely you can raise a strong complain on service center & about this issue.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 00:50   #214
BHPian

Thank you!
The clutch part was marked green. In fact, there was no yellow tag whatsoever!
sooshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 01:45   #215
BHPian

Update..: After having mailed Ford India and the showroom, I visited them to speak with their team who seemed keen on pinning the issue on "my driving style" even before they analysed the issue. They further said the next course of action would be to open up the gear box and understand what had gone wrong and where, something I really wasn't comfortable with.
While i kept telling him that I did not feel any tell tale signs of clutch issues like the stiffness In the pedal or drop in pick up, he wasn't quite open to listening.
So, i had asked the service guy to organize a test drive., and asked him to come along. A 12-15 km drive and both him and the test driver felt there was nothing unusual about the clutch, that the pick up was fine and decided against meddling under the hood. He had further organized another long test drive of about 30 odd km to ensure there wasn't any problem. Again, there was zero unusual smell. Finally, he said I could take the car home n monitor for a few days. Observe for any issue and then decide what to do next.
What I can't fathom is why the people I had met on sunday morning decided it WAS clutch issue even before driving the car despite me telling them I hardly use the car and that it has done barely 2500km in a year.
Will keep updating this post!
Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:23   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
d gone wrong and where, something I really wasn't comfortable with.
While i kept telling him that I did not feel any tell tale signs of clutch issues like the stiffness In the pedal or drop in pick up, he wasn't quite open to listening.

Thanks.
If you feel the clutch is fine, don't loose your sleep over it because it is the rust coat which they would have sprayed on the exhaust pipe burning off. Normally, unless it is a heat resistant paint coat, the exhaust system is not coated with any underbody coating. These hero's would have covered the exhaust system as well.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 21:21   #217
Senior - BHPian

Took the plunge and we have considered purchasing a pre-owned Ford Figo 2018 Trend TDCI variant. The car has clocked 59k genuine KMS, with up to date records and all around with brand new Michelins. Would love to get some insights on what to look for.

Going through the periodic service chart, it did give an insight as to what to be looked at scheduled ODO readings which will be thoroughly checked. Would be extremely helpful if gentlemen here could give an astute maintenance chart at this KM reading and what to expect in the future or a trouble-some character trait that can throw up a gremlin that is unique to the TDCI.

(i) What I have planned to carry.

Engine flush and engine oil replace. Planning to use Mobil 1 5w40. Recommendations thoroughly welcome.
Better, louder horns.
Check tranny, clutch and brake fluids.
General check.

(ii) What I would love to get your thoughts on.

Now the right time to get the timing belt inspected?

Is it a good idea to have to the tranny oil replaced?

I am not sure if this is an issue or just the way it is; the issue with this, I feel the gearshifts are a little hard, especially the 1st and 2nd, the rest are pretty much smooth to use. 1st and 2nd have no trouble slotting, it just feels as though it takes a wee bit effort when compared to 3rd and 4th and the rest. Would love to get owners thoughts on this.

Have some small mods planned as and when Vitamin M warms me up.

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 23:38   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Took the plunge and we have considered purchasing a pre-owned Ford Figo 2018 Trend TDCI variant.
Congratulations on taking the decision. 60k kms isn't anything for TDCi if it was serviced well & as per the maintenance schedule.

I was just wondering, if the base warranty is valid, wouldn't it be a good idea to get the 3 years warranty extension?

Secondly, Ford Service isn't bad at all. Yes there are still few dealerships following that old ripping off principal but overall, Ford India has done an excellent work in reducing their service cost & spare pricing and pushing for customer satisfaction on the work done.

So my personal suggetion would be to visit an official Ford ASC to get it serviced with Ford specific 5W30 (mostly Shell or Castrol) & go for that brake oil (TDCi uses the same oil for clutch hydraulic & brakes) change !!

No need to touch gear oil. Wait for your clutch replacement time as there, gear oil will be changed for the work itself.

Lastly, let Ford ASC comment on timing belt or such things. If this car was serviced from Ford, chances are good that you won't need anything extra over just a regular 60k service !!

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 06:42   #219
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi - The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!

Quote:

I am not sure if this is an issue or just the way it is; the issue with this, I feel the gearshifts are a little hard, especially the 1st and 2nd, the rest are pretty much smooth to use. 1st and 2nd have no trouble slotting, it just feels as though it takes a wee bit effort when compared to 3rd and 4th and the rest. Would love to get owners thoughts on this.
Start by greasing the gear shifter mechanism, pretty sure the grease might have got dried up.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th December 2020 at 08:28. Reason: mite > might
Old 30th December 2020, 18:40   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Start by greasing the gear shifter mechanism, pretty sure the grease might have got dried up.
Thank you. Is there anything sinister that one should look at apart from the shifter greasing? Honestly, I thought about the same, adjusting and re-greasing the linkages, as these are cable operated ones, I had my doubts. Will give it a thought.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 30th December 2020, 19:01   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Congratulations on taking the decision. 60k kms isn't anything for TDCi if it was serviced well & as per the maintenance schedule.

I was just wondering, if the base warranty is valid, wouldn't it be a good idea to get the 3 years warranty extension?

Secondly, Ford Service isn't bad at all. Yes there are still few dealerships following that old ripping off principal but overall, Ford India has done an excellent work in reducing their service cost & spare pricing and pushing for customer satisfaction on the work done.

So my personal suggetion would be to visit an official Ford ASC to get it serviced with Ford specific 5W30 (mostly Shell or Castrol) & go for that brake oil (TDCi uses the same oil for clutch hydraulic & brakes) change !!

No need to touch gear oil. Wait for your clutch replacement time as there, gear oil will be changed for the work itself.

Lastly, let Ford ASC comment on timing belt or such things. If this car was serviced from Ford, chances are good that you won't need anything extra over just a regular 60k service !!

Thanks.
NaXal, thank you. The base warranty has lapsed as per the gentleman, and I am planning to extend the warranty. The car has a clean service record with almost everything to the nick, which made me consider it being Trend plus variant, plus the color Ruby Red which dad was gravitating toward, the big man was happy I was happy, hence sealed the deal.

I would love to touch upon Varrsha Ford here in Coimbatore, transparent folks. Was received pleasantly while I was there to get the service record for the vehicle we were intending to purchase. I was taken to the service manager's desk, and in just a few seconds, they handed me the complete service history and I was pleasantly surprised, they even allowed me to take the photo of the complete screen in front of them, and were patient enough to explain my queries on what's and whens, pretty much a five star there. Though I am taking all my experiences of Varrsha with a pinch of salt for now, only my servicing and costs will tell the real picture, which I will try to jot it down here, as and when I can.

And lastly as per your advice, which was on the back on my mind. Will lean towards what the service advisor has to say on this one. Hopefully, this purchase of ours goes sure footed.

Will keep it posted.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 20:22   #222
BHPian

Quote:

And lastly as per your advice, which was on the back on my mind. Will lean towards what the service advisor has to say on this one. Hopefully, this purchase of ours goes sure footed.

Will keep it posted.

Cheers!
VJ
Hey VJ,

Check that vehicle report card sample I have posted few post above.

That is given after every full service. Most of the issues pending (if anything) will be marked red along with a comment about the issue & suggested repair work.

If that sheet is clean & comment free, there is nothing required from service end & simple oil / filter change service will be enough.

Secondly, check this website https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/

If there is any work needed, you can judge the cost from there. Ford estimate is really good & actual cost is very much as shown in the website. Yes sure, may be a 5/10% difference depending on something unexpected during that said work but most of the service center try their level best to keep the cost same or even lower than what's shown in the service promise website.

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 30th December 2020 at 20:25. Reason: Fixing Auto Correct Mistake
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 20:52   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Hey VJ,

Check that vehicle report card sample I have posted few post above.

That is given after every full service. Most of the issues pending (if anything) will be marked red along with a comment about the issue & suggested repair work.

If that sheet is clean & comment free, there is nothing required from service end & simple oil / filter change service will be enough.

Secondly, check this website https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/

Thanks.
Bonk! I tried opening this website a couple of days prior and it just wouldn't open, all other pagse, FordPass, Sync comparo did, but guess this was under maintenance and thank you for refreshing me on this one up NaXal. Guess, most of the parts I voluntarily wanted to replace is in fact listed as the scheduled service which is a plus.

Thank you again.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 1st January 2021, 11:44   #224

Quote:
Took the plunge and we have considered purchasing a pre-owned Ford Figo 2018 Trend TDCI variant.
Congratulations! How much are you getting her for? I'm looking at a preowned 2014 Figo diesel myself (fairly good condition, 60k on the odo). The dealer is quoting 3.0L. Wanted to figure what would be a good price to pay.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st January 2021 at 12:10. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
indiradhanush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 02:21   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiradhanush View Post
Congratulations! How much are you getting her for? I'm looking at a preowned 2014 Figo diesel myself (fairly good condition, 60k on the odo). The dealer is quoting 3.0L. Wanted to figure what would be a good price to pay.
The pricing depends upon a lot of factors, the variant, the service record, life of tires and then the genuinity of the odo reading et cetera. But, 3 lakh considering the car is in very good condition is an absolute steal deal. The one we've zeroed in on is a 2018 Trend Plus TDCI variant with an asking price of 5L and we closed it at 4.70L.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 2nd January 2021 at 02:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks