Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 15:44   #1261
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

So the Harrier Kaziranga edition gets dual-tone seats, air purifier, ventilated seats as per the below Instagram post. I guess it's also getting the wireless charger and wireless android auto/car play.

Credits: RushLane Instagram handle
Venku2015 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 17:07   #1262
BHPian

Harrier Kaziranga edition at showroom.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-274241499_1113675052727469_8130838734058559103_n.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-274216428_1113675076060800_1951706970975663234_n.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-274192429_1113675029394138_5764220874645944818_n.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-274186537_1113675049394136_3406700587344192084_n.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-274180366_1113675032727471_2165706444023729075_n.jpg
r-a-s is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 21:45   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Here comes the answer to your first doubt.
Kaziranga Edition Harrier will get Air Purifier now.
Yeah, I hope that they haven't limited it to only the Kaziranga edition. I had actually asked the sales advisor if any special editions will be launched which will have the missing features and his answer was no. Curiously the manual is also dated November 2021. So hoping it isn't limited only to Kaziranga.

That would really be a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-a-s View Post
Not sure if the colour would be automatic preference of people, say like Black Edition is. Also not sure what is Tata Motors trying to achieve by limiting the new features only in a special edition. What is one supposed to do who wants these features but doesn't like the colour?

Is it supposed to be a stop gap of sorts before the same features are included in XZ+ variants, so as not to offend people like me who just bought their XZ+ Harriers? It would be quite a downer in case they don't update even air purifier, wireless Android Auto, wireless charger and iRA services even in Jan 2022 manufactured vehicles.

Last edited by CarBorne : 18th February 2022 at 21:54. Reason: Forgot to quote one more post.
CarBorne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:17   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-a-s View Post

Attachment 2274174
Is this the button for ventilated seats in this picture?
I can see a fan on the button next to the seat. And the car is definitely a Harrier and not a Safari cause we can see the pull type hand brake lever in the picture.

Tata did the same thing with safari, launched the special edition Gold and gave ventilated seats in it, and slowly now the feature is present in dark, adventure and xz+ variants as well. Hopefully they will do the same with Harrier too.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 18th February 2022 at 22:20.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 11:51   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Is this the button for ventilated seats in this picture?
Yes it is. Please check this video which highlights the 4 extra features that harrier gets in this edition. (ventilated seats at 10:12 mins)

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 22:13   #1266
Sau

Hello all,

A newbie here looking for a new vehicle and having a basic doubt about Harrier.

I understand that the dark edition comes with 18" wheels and not regular 17" ones like other versions.
How does this affect the handling and comfortness for rear passengers?
Old 1st March 2022, 18:44   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Was chatting with a friend yesterday about cars in general and he was telling me that Harrier comes with 17 inches while XUV comes with 18 inches, which surprised me because I remembered seeing R18 Blackstone alloys on the Tata website.

Took another look at the Tata website today and while it clearly says R18 Blackstone alloys on the Harrier Dark page, under the specifications section on the website, it says 235/65 R17 wheels.

Can any Harrier Dark edition owners help me to settle this doubt

--Anoop
Only XZ+/XZA+ Dark editions get 18 inch wheels. XT+/XTA+ Darks get normal 17 inch wheels
Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:55   #1268
sbm
BHPian

Hello guys. I am looking for a compact SUV in 15-16 lac range but finding it difficult to zero in. I came across a used Harrier Jan 2021 XT + Dark edition with 16000 km on the odo. My running is low and I am apprehensive of buying a diesel car in BS6 era but I like this car very much and since this particular used one is fitting right into my budget, I can't shake this temptation to go and get it. Need your suggestions on few points before I make a decision.
1) What aspects should I focus on while checking the car and what problems to looks for?
2) Did the sunroof cause any trouble? The rubber beading on this car seemed to be little bit coming out at corners. Is this common or not?
3) Is any one using Harrier BS6 for short commutes in semi-urban areas like 10km up and down in light traffic conditions? Have you faced DPF choking issues under such conditions?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 16:42   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Harrier owners - a query.

During my recent trip, I observed the infotainment system going blank twice when i was using maps through Android auto. Unfortunately my variant doesn't have wireless Android auto hence had connected through a cable. All I did was disconnect the mobile, switch off and on the bluetooth and the maps were restored. Anybody faced this issue? Any solutions? The version is 18 on the infotainment system.
Old 7th March 2022, 11:54   #1270
BHPian

Hi! There is actually something really simple that gets missed out at times by many. One of my friend had the rattling issue solved by correcting is tyre pressure .i.e, usually at dealerships and tyre shops they over inflate the tyres thinking that's just the way to go. Whereas one should obviously check the recommended readings for tyre pressure on driver side door. The rattling issue does increase when you have over inflated tyres. All the best!
Old 7th March 2022, 16:06   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Harrier owners - a query.

During my recent trip, I observed the infotainment system going blank twice when i was using maps through Android auto. Unfortunately my variant doesn't have wireless Android auto hence had connected through a cable. All I did was disconnect the mobile, switch off and on the bluetooth and the maps were restored. Anybody faced this issue? Any solutions? The version is 18 on the infotainment system.
Change the usb cable. Android Auto disconnects and the screen goes blank of it loses a signal. It is very cable dependant.
Bluengel180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 09:13   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
1) What aspects should I focus on while checking the car and what problems to looks for?

3) Is any one using Harrier BS6 for short commutes in semi-urban areas like 10km up and down in light traffic conditions? Have you faced DPF choking issues under such conditions?
Since I have an XZA, I will only answer the 1st and the 3rd question:

1) Service history, obviously. Check if there's a left pull, a few owners have reported it - easily resolved. I haven't faced any such problem. Also, drive the car at low speeds over broken roads to check for rattles.
If you have a TASS employee / manager you're on good terms with, ask him to have a look. Some BS4 MT harriers also tended to burn clutches easily - but this has been fixed. If possible, do check the clutch health.

3) My harrier is used for 12km everyday (6 + 6) through dense city traffic. No DPF issues.
OT: I don't even know why it's called an "issue", DPF regeneration is a process that just HAS to be carried out for BS6 diesels in case of low speed low distance running - that's it! It's like saying changing the oil filter every 15k kilometres is an issue

That's all I have for your concerns, please reach out if you have more.
Good luck with your search
gandharjc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 10:02   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Heard from a source that Tata is facing a sudden shortage of car carriers plying towards the south and it has hampered the car transportation - so, whoever has booked the car from south India and waiting for delivery may have to wait some more time to receive the allotted vehicles.

--Anoop
Old 13th March 2022, 18:39   #1274
sbm
BHPian

Hello guys. I am comparing the Harrier XT and XUV700 AX5 diesel manual variants and I am unable to comprehend how TATA is still asking 17.21L ex showroom as compared to 16.67L of the XUV. The latter has more powerful engine, all disc brakes, independent rear suspension, 4 airbags, 5star GNCAP score, connected car tech, panoramic sunroof & wireless android auto/carplay. It misses out on Auto AC and a few more small features only. The AX5 even looks more VFM than the Creta SX(O) diesel MT. May be there is something I am not getting here or is TATA might be offering discounts on the Harrier. The only thing looking in favour of Harrier here is it's more composed and appealing side profile and rear profile as compared to van like side and rear on the XUV( no offense to XUV owners, may be it'll grow over me like the Creta). Pls share your views on this.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 23:48   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hello guys. I am comparing the Harrier XT and XUV700 AX5 diesel manual variants and I am unable to comprehend how TATA is still asking 17.21L ex showroom as compared to 16.67L of the XUV. The latter has more powerful engine, all disc brakes, independent rear suspension, 4 airbags, 5star GNCAP score, connected car tech, panoramic sunroof & wireless android auto/carplay. It misses out on Auto AC and a few more small features only. The AX5 even looks more VFM than the Creta SX(O) diesel MT. May be there is something I am not getting here or is TATA might be offering discounts on the Harrier. The only thing looking in favour of Harrier here is it's more composed and appealing side profile and rear profile as compared to van like side and rear on the XUV( no offense to XUV owners, may be it'll grow over me like the Creta). Pls share your views on this.
Agreed with your general feeling - Harrier XT seems to be BAD value compared to XUV 7oo AX5 if features are compared head to head. However, I would compare the 2 as below (to clarify, I am a Harrier owner) -

Getting a car delivered when required vs 1 - 1.5 years later - Intangible value

Looks a million bucks(read #Dark edition) vs above average - again intangible value

Better dynamics owing to LR Platform - again reasonably intangible value over lots of blingy features one may not use after the first few months

Also, Tata does offer strong discounts on the Harrier. Depends on the dealer too. Hope this helps with your predicament a bit
Bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks