Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 20:14   #1126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
By the way - Who buys the Tata Harrier..

So, what is a real unique buying principle to go for a Harrier. This question is not to talk negative about the Harrier, but a honest one, if I would want to buy it. Is it just a Heart over Head Case to spend this amount of money on Harrier ? OR is there something to it which I am not aware off.

Swami
Let me try to answer this as I am just about to take delivery of top end xza+ camo edition harrier.

You are comparing muv or people carrier with a proper Suv. Innova can never traverse bad roads the way harrier or even nexon or tiago does.

Whilst waiting for harrier I had to do mumbai Ratnagiri (Ganpatipule) trip. For those who are not aware.. This route is on old mumbai goa road which is under construction since many years.

I completed 350 kms trip in tiago in 7.5 hrs. Pretty sure this would not have been possible in Innova as you need to slow down for each pothole.

So apart from looks its the nature of the car. The beast is just made for Indian roads. Additionally you have to compromise on lot of gadgets and safety features for mid variant Innova due its horrible pricing. Harrier or in general all tata cars are take anywhere.. Yes there may be a niggle or 2 but they will rarely let you stranded due to mechanical issues. (This is based on my first hand experience of tiago 3 year ownership)

On a different note, I am about to take delivery of Harrier top end xza+ camo edition. I completed pdi in stockyard and both car and tyres are of Late December manufacturing. However tyres are Apollo Apterra HP.

Need help as not sure if these are good compared to bridgestones. Else will go for tyre swap.

Also to all who have taken Harrier delivery recently, what tyres did the car come with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.raj View Post
I am going to take delivery of my new BS6 Tata Harrier (Red - Dual Tone) tomorrow (YAY!!!). Was wondering which accessories would be important from the perspective of utility. I have already got front parking sensors installed. The Harrier does not come with TPMS. I am not convinced about external sensors, I was more in favour of internal sensors. I would like to know how helpful a TPMS would be and also which brands to go for.
I am assuming you are buying the top end version? If yes, then there are not much accessories you can add apart from dash cam and tpms. If not, what is the the trim of your car?

MOD NOTE - u = you. Please type in full, no SMS language or acronyms.
It would be a good idea to proof read your post before submitting them and run it through a spell check. Please do not type with dots...........

Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th December 2020 at 07:59.
shashankrt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 15:06   #1127
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankrt View Post
I completed pdi in stockyard and both car and tyres are of Late December manufacturing. However tyres are Apollo Apterra HP.

Need help as not sure if these are good compared to bridgestones. Else will go for tyre swap.

Also to all who have taken Harrier delivery recently, what tyres did the car come with?
Bridgestone tyres were discontinued from Nov 2019 and replaced with Apterra HP, all Harriers manufactured after Nov 2019 have Apollo tyres.
IMO, the tyres are good and I dont have any complaints with mine.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 14:59   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankrt View Post
On a different note, I am about to take delivery of Harrier top end xza+ camo edition. I completed pdi in stockyard and both car and tyres are of Late December manufacturing. However tyres are Apollo Apterra HP.

Congratulations on your purchase, My Harrier came with Apollo Apterra H/P tyres. I personally find them way too silent. Add the fact that there is no engine noise & good sound proofing, and You get a quiet cabin. Too much for my liking.

My car is a week old and has done nearly 2k kilometers and the tyres have been awesome. But too quiet, so i am itching to change them to continental A/T. Let me know if you too plan to change and what brand.

Last edited by SDP : 30th December 2020 at 16:20. Reason: Fixed broken quote
adamkathy23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 06:35   #1129
BHPian

I never expected the Harrier to have so much space in the back to enable 4 people to sit and play cards!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-screenshot_20210105020013.png  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-screenshot_20210105020132.png  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-screenshot_20210105020210.png  

damodar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 15:55   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.raj View Post
I just got approved as a new member of Team-BHP. Feel elated!! I have followed Team-BHP forums for a long time and these forums have been invaluable in enhancing my knowledge of cars and helped greatly in narrowing my search for my latest purchase.

I am going to take delivery of my new BS6 Tata Harrier (Red - Dual Tone) tomorrow (YAY!!!).
Congratulations on both the Team-BHP approval as well as the beauty Red - DT. I would have definitely purchased this same combo had it been available at the time. It looks gorgeous!
Old 11th January 2021, 21:14   #1131
BHPian

Mine is December 2019 XZ Dual Tone and it came with Goodyears. I wanted to ask if any of you have upgraded your tyres to A/T? Kindly advise.

Last edited by vk007 : 11th January 2021 at 21:19. Reason: spelling error
Old 11th January 2021, 21:17   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
Bridgestone tyres were discontinued from Nov 2019 and replaced with Apterra HP, all Harriers manufactured after Nov 2019 have Apollo tyres.
IMO, the tyres are good and I dont have any complaints with mine.
My car is October 2019 manufactured and came with Goodyears. Have done my fair share of highway runs and some offroading too. So far so good.
vk007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 12:32   #1133
BHPian

Update:

After 3 weeks & 3000kms later, I am happy to share that we are doing well. It would be too early to pass judgement, but so far its been good:

Pandit ji's stamp of approval, Done!
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3909
Size:  595.2 KB

Happy wife, Happy life
Name:  w.PNG
Views: 3972
Size:  691.0 KB

Does not look that bad in white
Name:  NS.PNG
Views: 3931
Size:  428.3 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by adamkathy23 : 13th January 2021 at 12:35. Reason: Kashi Vishwanath
adamkathy23 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:52   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
Update:

After 3 weeks & 3000kms later, I am happy to share that we are doing well.

Great to hear this after reading your pre-sales experience! Wishing you lakhs of trouble free kilometers and memorable time with your Harrier.

So far in my car purchase, the first criteria is always that my car can be any colour except white. But the Harrier in its XE and XM trim, with all de-chroming, de-glossing and steel wheels, carries a very sophisticated bohemian aura for me. Its as if the car knows it needs no embellishments to announce itself, it just knows it is flair on wheels!

Last edited by museycal : 13th January 2021 at 17:55. Reason: added missing word
museycal is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 19:07   #1135
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Is anybody getting deliveries this month? People at Pune worrying a waiting time in excess of 2 months for the dual tone white+black xta.
Had gone with a friend who wanted to book, but was put off by the lackadaisical attitude of the staff.
For the last month, he's been hounding them and it's almost as if they are not interested.

Last edited by handsofsteel : 13th January 2021 at 19:09.
handsofsteel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 20:20   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Is anybody getting deliveries this month? People at Pune worrying a waiting time in excess of 2 months for the dual tone white+black xta.
Had gone with a friend who wanted to book, but was put off by the lackadaisical attitude of the staff.
For the last month, he's been hounding them and it's almost as if they are not interested.
If his booking is with Bafna motors tell him to cancel it immediately and go with a different dealer. The long wait is a dealership problem not a TATA one.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 22:28   #1137
BHPian

Just saw an advert on Tata Harrier/Winter Series released by Tata Motors. I suspect launch of some additional feature/AWD is on the cards.

Old 17th January 2021, 01:35   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahuKetu View Post
Just saw an advert on Tata Harrier/Winter Series released by Tata Motors. I suspect launch of some additional feature/AWD is on the cards.

https://Youtu.be/xq_KMv_-90Y
Wow! IMO! Winter series has definitely something to do with AWD/ 4×4 ! What else can one think; all wheel independent suspension, rear discs ... ?
Old 17th January 2021, 05:37   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahuKetu View Post
https://Youtu.be/xq_KMv_-90Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Wow! IMO! Winter series has definitely something to do with AWD/ 4×4 ! What else can one think; all wheel independent suspension, rear discs ... ?
Ventilated seatsIMHO... nothing more
Old 17th January 2021, 21:41   #1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
Update:

After 3 weeks & 3000kms later, I am happy to share that we are doing well. It would be too early to pass judgement, but so far its been good:

Pandit ji's stamp of approval, Done!
Attachment 2107783

Happy wife, Happy life
Attachment 2107786

Attachment 2107784
Congratulations for the new purchase!

I am really anxious to know about the mod you have promised to share to solve the problem of the left knee rubbing the plastic panel while the use of the clutch pedal.

During my test drive, my left leg was constantly rubbing the plastic panel and it really put me off. I don't mind chopping off the protruding plastic with a saw.

Awaiting advice as I am planning to book the Safari MT asap.
jumper_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks