Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2020, 08:57   #871
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
  1. I am all in for the homegrown manufacturers but then they have to match the quality levels of the competition. .......
I don't think one can consider a 5-6 lac premium as 'same price'. No, you won't get a fully loaded competitor for the Harrier's price. The Compass which is smaller will just get more pricier with the BS6 version, and not to mention the non existent A.S.S. compared to Tata. Same with the Tuscon. The facelift will come soon and add the BS6 premium. Also, let Tata announce the prices.

And please, let's not compare Seltos/Creta with the Harrier.

If you have gone through my Hexa thread, you'd find it was one chap who botched up, badly, and gave Tata a bad name. Yes, Tata need to take responsibility for that. I can understand my experience has irked you. But you also need to notice that I have given due credit to TASS and RSA. And the 100s of positive Tata experiences reported on the forum.

Every manufacturer has a pro and con. There's no jack of all trades here. We have to always pick our poison. If you pick the overpriced Compass, you also have to deal with lack of after sales. If you pick the Tuscon, which isn't doing half the Compass numbers, you pick a reliable product but it isn't any corner carver either. Don't forget Hyundai being sly with their ABS malfunctioning issue or even the shoddy paint quality being reported on Hyundai products. I picked mine knowing the Hexa 'could' have minor niggles and the TASS around me are competent. I did not start a thread till Tata screwed up with customer service beyond expectations and it had to be brought to their notice.

Another point is, most manufacturers will give you 'niggle free' products probably because they've had a couple lac cars of said model already sold in the international market. Not the case with Tata and Mahindra. Also Maruti and Hyundai tend to sell way lot more, so the niggles are reported early on and ironed out.

You can't just compare products on pricing. Compare what they offer for their price.

Also, as I said on the Altroz thread, time to ditch the idea to expect Tata cars to come cheap, just because they're Indian. For the ugly ducklings Hyundai is churning out, people are willing to shell out some premium, so why not pay the price Tata charges (not astronomical) for the Harrier?

Last edited by TROOPER : 4th February 2020 at 09:21.
TROOPER is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 09:08   #872
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Is there some setting in your team-bhp account where you could read only about this one Hexa and not the 100 others that haven't had even a niggle?
Add another setting to ignore problems / niggles / fires from threads of other brands

To take all customer feedback and come up with a 2.0 within a year or so within launch - especially to the extent of even redesigning the wing mirrors is truly commendable.

I hope a new category called 'MBOTY' be introduced during the award functions - at least then the hard working manufacturers trying to make a come back will get a podium finish.

Yes it is 'Most-bashed Brand Of The Year'.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 10:51   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
  1. I am all in for the homegrown manufacturers but then they have to match the quality levels of the competition. When I am spending my money what I want is the best I can get. I don't care whether it's Hyundai, Tata or VW.
Not to mention those foreign brands also employ people in the country be it at factory or dealerships so this nationalism card holds no merit. Infact Tata paying for Fiat engines means the money goes to Italy by that very logic. Or the Harrier chassis money goes to Great Britain maybe(Lotus engg/ JLR).

😁
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 12:38   #874
BHPian

Quick update on the Test drives - they are supposed to start off by this month end followed by immediate delivery of the vehicles.
I am supposedly #1 on the list!

My next question is - what do I need to ensure from my side to have a trouble free experience? It's been a long time since I have bought a new car and have absolutely no tata experience.

Secondly - after having driven manuals for almost 30 years this will be my first automatic 'ownership' experience. Any advice?
ihrishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 13:21   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Quick update on the Test drives - they are supposed to start off by this month end followed by immediate delivery of the vehicles.
I am supposedly #1 on the list!

My next question is - what do I need to ensure from my side to have a trouble free experience? It's been a long time since I have bought a new car and have absolutely no tata experience.

Secondly - after having driven manuals for almost 30 years this will be my first automatic 'ownership' experience. Any advice?
Month End? I would have expected earlier.

Even I booked the Harrier auto online yesterday. I may be #2 Dealer will let me know the TD car availability in a few days.

Surprising that they have discontinued the Calisto Copper colour. I liked the colour and would have been my choice, but booked Calypso Red currently.

Eagerly waiting for the prices to be revealed tomorrow and the reviews by various channels. Any idea when are the media drives scheduled?

Last edited by rkv_hunter : 4th February 2020 at 13:26. Reason: Order
rkv_hunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 13:48   #876
BHPian

This is super quick from TATA, and precisely the reason why I respect them. No hesitation on innovating which other biggies should learn. Pretty quick in realizing the missing kit and updating the product. Fingers crossed, if they price it right, this is going to do big numbers. However I would wait for official review before going ahead with booking.

Regards
SE
speed_edge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:58   #877
BHPian

Quote:

Get hold of a good dealer who has good presence in your city and has a huge service center, as simple as that! Don't bother with google reviews, its mostly a few unhappy customers who vent out their frustration there while satisfied owners (like me) don't post our experiences. So online reviews would give you a slightly skewed perspective.

Better still, try visiting the service station and speaking to owners who are there with their cars. Happy motoring!
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 16:53   #878
BHPian

Excellent point! By the way, how's your car now? Have you considered any accessories? I was thinking of the new rims on the BS6 Harrier for mine. They look really nice.

Make sure you take multiple test drives spread out over a time gap of a few days. The reasoning is - the first test drive you are excited about the new car and many things tend to get overlooked. When you get back home, you will start to ponder over the entire experience and then a few things might stand out. A second TD helps you get a better idea because the initial thrill has settled in.

This is exactly what I did. 3 TDs spread out over a week or so and then finalized my car.

All the best! Enjoy yourself! Looking forward to your feedback!

Note from Support: Please do not post back-to-back on the same thread, use multi-quote instead.

There were several typos and punctuation issues in your post. Please proof-read posts before submitting. Thanks!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th February 2020 at 18:46. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 4th February 2020, 17:56   #879
BHPian

Quote:
I have a July 2019 manufactured XZ variant and it has been trouble free.Almost. Have no showstopper issues till date. Brake pad and discs were replaced promptly under warranty.

Having said that, I have 2 dealers in my city and both can be termed below average if compared to Maruti and Hyundai ASS. However escalation on toll free number or through mobile app has always helped. All the issued faced with my dealer was not related to the Vehicle, it was mostly about lack of their awareness on promotional schemes and offers etc.

In case you face any issues with the Car, ensure that you make a video of the same. Some issues do not replicate during road tests with the SA
beast_within is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 20:00   #880
BHPian

Since they altered the mirrors, i was hoping they would move the orvm controls from the edge of front doors to somewhere near armrest like other cars. It's not a nuisance in anyway, but i am wondering why they went with that design. It's like Tiago and Figo.

Last edited by SaiSW : 4th February 2020 at 20:04.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 21:45   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Eagerly waiting for the prices to be revealed tomorrow.
Congrats to rkv_hunter and ihrishi for their bookings.

Countdown to the 2020 Harrier launch has begun. Auto Show first day first show
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-screenshot_20200204212145_instagram.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 22:56   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Month End? I would have expected earlier.

Even I booked the Harrier auto online yesterday.
Congrats!
Do let us know if the dealers are still charging handling/logistic charges and how much are they charging.
In the past, Tata Motors Tweeted and confirmed that customer has to bear these handling charges.

However, there are multiple media news which say that these are illegal as per Supreme Court Ruling and RTO officials too say these charges are illegal.
There is one incident in which a customer wrote to TATA motors CEO asking about legality of Handling charges and then dealer next day called him to inform that handling charges have been dropped for him.

What is the view of members about these charges?

Tata motors tweet
link1
link2
SahilS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 23:50   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked the BS6 Harrier earlier today by paying a token amount of Rs 30,000/- at my city's Tata dealership.

Details here.

Will take a final call after an exhaustive TD.

The Harrier is a complete package now, and hopefully this time Tata & it's dealerships don't repeat my Nexon's fiasco and the service support is better.

Fingers crossed.
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 09:47   #884
BHPian

The much anticipated Harrier 2020 has been launched at an introductory price of ₹13.69 Lakh for Manual and ₹16.25 Lakh for Automatic. One India, One Price.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-8a47cf864a42406ab2c9f7f6ba38eeae.jpeg  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-3983ef644c1045a6b3ce14f217bd14f1.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 5th February 2020 at 09:51.
XRoader_001 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:17   #885

[quote=wheelguy;4744251]Rsuhlane guys came up with more pictures of the new Harrier:

[center] Attachment 1964452

Please observe the USB and Audio Jack positioned in front of the gear lever. Its position in current model was pain point for many. Tata has worked upon feedback. Much appreciated
saurabh_001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks