Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2024, 13:34   #1171

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Headlamps Upgraded

So after much contemplation, I upgraded the headlamp bulbs for my XUV 300 W8(O). The stock bulbs were not proving to be sufficient. After going through multiple posts here and equal number of review videos on YouTube, I decided to go for the trusted Osram LEDs over multiple other brands available in the market.

Selection:

I chose the following bulbs:
High beam (H1): 50W, 6000K (White light). I chose the 6000K temperature as I wanted the roads to be brightly lit when required. Also, I would be using it sparingly to deter those drivers who are always on the high beam mode with their bright LED lamps.

Low beam (H7): 50W, 4200K (Neutral). The reason for going for 4200K temperature were pretty simple- its the recommended temperature, its suitable for rainy and foggy nights and the light would be sufficient for the city travels.

Purchase:
These bulbs were available on Amazon at INR 4400 per pair but the delivery time was too long. So I checked with Planet Car Care and they were ready to match the Amazon's price. After I placed the ordered, it was delivered within 3 working days in Pune.

Installation:
As far as installation is concerned, the low beam has a projector set up and the stock bulbs have the same plug configuration so it was easy. The stock high beam bulbs have a single pin plug while the LEDs that I ordered have a 2 pin set up. So I searched on Amazon and found a connector with a 2 pin to 1 pin converter set up. It was easy then.

The effect of the bulb upgrade has been outstanding, the difference is like day and night (quite literally). I can confidently drive through the darkest of nights with ease.
deepCarLover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 07:52   #1172

Hello deepCarLover,

I am also looking to carry out a similar upgrade. Could you kindly share details of the LEDs and the connector?
I am also facing a similar dilemma regarding the 2 pin to single pin difference in the h1 bulbs. I did not want to carry out an insulation tape job as most of the people recommend on YouTube and the FNGs.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Old 25th August 2024, 10:20   #1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
Headlamps Upgraded

So after much contemplation, I upgraded the headlamp bulbs for my XUV 300 W8(O). The stock bulbs were not proving to be sufficient. After going through multiple posts here and equal number of review videos on YouTube, I decided to go for the trusted Osram LEDs over multiple other brands available in the market.

Selection:

I chose the following bulbs:
High beam (H1): 50W, 6000K (White light). I chose the 6000K temperature as I wanted the roads to be brightly lit when required. Also, I would be using it sparingly to deter those drivers who are always on the high beam mode with their bright LED lamps.

Low beam (H7): 50W, 4200K (Neutral). The reason for going for 4200K temperature were pretty simple- its the recommended temperature, its suitable for rainy and foggy nights and the light would be sufficient for the city travels.

Purchase:
These bulbs were available on Amazon at INR 4400 per pair but the delivery time was too long. So I checked with Planet Car Care and they were ready to match the Amazon's price. After I placed the ordered, it was delivered within 3 working days in Pune.

Installation:
As far as installation is concerned, the low beam has a projector set up and the stock bulbs have the same plug configuration so it was easy. The stock high beam bulbs have a single pin plug while the LEDs that I ordered have a 2 pin set up. So I searched on Amazon and found a connector with a 2 pin to 1 pin converter set up. It was easy then.

The effect of the bulb upgrade has been outstanding, the difference is like day and night (quite literally). I can confidently drive through the darkest of nights with ease.

Thanks for this post. Can you please share the connector name / type you have ordered and link to get it pls
Old 25th August 2024, 16:08   #1174

Here are the links:

H1 LED Bulbs:
PCC

Amazon

H7 LED Bulbs:
PCC

Amazon

H1 LED Connector:
Amazon Link
deepCarLover is offline   (2) Thanks