Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2024, 16:28   #181
BHPian

Re: Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting the Camry. Just wanted to check the following with you guys:

1) Do you guys think it makes sense to purchase in 2024 - considering it is at the end of its life cycle (I find the interior and exterior of this car to be far classier than the 9th gen plus the dated screen doesn't bother me as much - the rest seems like a very minor upgrade)
By any chance were you able to enquire what is Toyota offering on the Camry right now?

Regards
Auto Spawn
Old 11th August 2024, 08:58   #182

Accessories for Toyota Camry

Hello members. I am looking to buy relevant and genuine accessories for my new Camry.

First, it is very difficult to get any accessories in the open market in Gurgaon due to very limited sales of the car and dealerships are selling it at humongous prices. Do you have any recommendations whether I should go ahead and buy from the dealers directly or should go try finding outside? Of course, I am not looking to buy any cheap stuff. If some fellow Camry owners can suggest where they are buying these that will be very helpful.

Second, depending upon who I speak to, everyone has an opinion on what accessories to buy (largely a function of what they have and what they can sell). Some of basic needs are:
  • Floor mats (Made to order Topgear 7D mats seems to look best)
  • Boot / luggage tray
  • Mud flaps
  • Rear scuff plate / step guard
  • Tyre inflator (bought Qubo max already - cordless)
  • Dashcam (evaluating Qubo 4k - open to hear opinions on need and better options)
  • GPS tracker (evaluating Qubo wireless - open to hear opinions on need and better options)

Some of the other items I am hearing (not sure whether they are really necessary and whether they will spoil the look of the car):
  • Rear bumper garnish
  • Body side molding
  • Side / door visor chrome

Big confusion around whether to go with any of ceramic coating (T-gloss, 10H, graphene, blah blah..), PPF (TPU), anti-rust coating or this is just a way to extract more money. I have a basement parking; mostly I am going to drive in heavy traffic (at times - NH 8 Delhi/Gurgaon border) on the pot hole ridden roads of Delhi / Gurgaon with few out-station family trips and the average run will not exceed 10k kms per year.

I will be very grateful if some experts can weigh in and guide on the need, optimal prices and places to buy.

Much thanks in advance.
Old 21st August 2024, 17:48   #183

Gentlemen

Question for you. I have a 2022 Camry hybrid, low miles at 15K. Bridgestone tires 90% and 80% worn out. All services done on time as per schedule. They did balancing and rotation both the time or at least claimed they did it.

Is this even normal! I am gearing up an appetite to go complain and make a big issue of it.
I have had 12 cars in my life and not one wore out this early. This is either a car defect or a tyre defect. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st August 2024 at 18:22. Reason: Minor language and formatting edits.
Old 21st August 2024, 21:26   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadsJourney View Post
Gentlemen

Question for you. I have a 2022 Camry hybrid, low miles at 15K. Bridgestone tires 90% and 80% worn out. All services done on time as per schedule. They did balancing and rotation both the time or at least claimed they did it.

Is this even normal! I am gearing up an appetite to go complain and make a big issue of it.
I have had 12 cars in my life and not one wore out this early. This is either a car defect or a tyre defect. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Doesn't feel usual to me. My dealer told me that the tyres should run at least 40k under normal conditions. You may want to get the problem checked (balancing / alignment issues, etc.) at another workshop too. Assuming you are maintaining the right psi most of the times.
Old 21st August 2024, 22:53   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen

Bridgestone tires 90% and 80% worn out. All services done on time as per schedule. They did balancing and rotation both the time or at least claimed they did it
A few points to note:
  1. Alignment + tyre rotation is required every 5000 km, not annually; OR when you notice the car is pulling to one side constantly on a flat, straight road. Balancing is more for creature comfort and I haven't observed a noticeable effect on tyre life.
  2. Each model (internal Toyota code)/country has different alignment values in the database. If the wrong one was selected, that could cause excess wear.
  3. Even if the wheels were properly aligned, rotating the steering wheel from lock to lock when the car is stationary, for e.g, when trying to get a long sedan into tight parking spots will absolutely destroy the rubber.

I feel your case might be a mix of 1 & 3
bravo6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 07:48   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo6 View Post

I feel your case might be a mix of 1 & 3
Plus heavier weight due to the battery
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 08:48   #187
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen

Question for you. I have a 2022 Camry hybrid, low miles at 15K. Bridgestone tires 90% and 80% worn out.
Thanks.
Just changed the tyres on my 2020 Camry with 23K on the clock. However during this period I had lost 2 tyres due to sidewall impact damage. Hence, due to new tyres & rotation, all the tyres have not equally run the 23K.

Two of my tyres were still had some thread, so have kept them as a back up

Note the arrow mark which shows the location of thread indicator, which I have circled. So, if the thread and thread indicator are at the same level, the tyres need to be changed.
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-camry-tyre.jpg

It is combination of driving style (example, naturally aggressive style), condition of your regular roads and the total weight of the car, which cause the tyres to wear out.

If there is no uneven wear, then it one must assume that there is nothing much to worry.

I got Bridgestone, 2024 manufactured, Japan make, for 22K including GST. Continental was cheaper but what was available, was made in 2022.

Cheers

KPS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks