Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 22:45   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EshanS View Post
Need some help here. I have a 2019 Ciaz (facelift) Alpha Manual Petrol. Lately, have been scraping the front bumper on bumps. The front bumper at its lowest is majorly scraped while climbing speed breakers.
2) Install 195 or 205/60/16 tyres instead of the 55 profile. Ride height will increase. Tyres are new - 15k on ODO, might consider when they are due for a change.
I use 195/60R16 Goodyear Assurance TripleMax tyres on the front axle since the last one year, but have retained the original 195/55R16 Apollo Alnac 4G tyres on the rear axle. With 3 people, and about 100kg of luggage + tools etc. in the boot (combined payload would be ~350kg), I had occasion to drive on really rough roads last month - and did not scrape the bumper lip or the midsection even once. The quality of the road can be seen in this video:
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 22:11   #212
BHPian

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211122_150001.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211122_173018.jpg

Average highway FE for 575 km with cruise control set @86kph
HEMIOrange is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 19:48   #213
BHPian

9 months & 11k kilometers (almost) on my 2021 Ciaz Alpha AT

Things I like
  • Looks modest,design will age gracefully.
  • Its comfy, ride quality is one strong avenue of Ciaz. Adding to it are those nice seats, I have driven for 12 hours straight and had no physical stress. Everything in the car encourages you to just relax and enjoy the ride.
  • Very quiet NVH is commendable, no wind noise till 120 (the fastest I have been), tire noise is there but is not intrusive.
  • Rock solid high speed stability, steering inspires confidence
  • Pocket friendly service cost (even the paid one).
  • Decent FE figures
  • Boot is huge, it seats 5 but can easily carry luggage of 7
  • Hill start assist on the AT is a boon.
  • Impressive auto start stop, very seamless and quick.
  • Throw and spread of the headlight is spot on.
  • Except a few parts that are shared, interior exudes quality.
Things I am not fond of
  • Performance is average, the engine is happy doing 100 all day but its not quick, overtaking needs some thinking
  • The gearbox is all fine, but needs another gear between the third and the fourth, the void can be felt when the gearbox downshifts..
  • Missing features, Baleno gets UV glasses, follow me home headlamps but it doesn't. Even the infotainment system on the Baleno shows additional MID infos, just can't find the option to see them.
  • Soft suspension sags very easily, with just the luggage of 4 people there is considerable sagging seen on the rear wheels, though with careful driving I didn't bottom out or scrape the belly with 4 onboard and their luggage.
  • Typical maruti rattling sound when you go over potholes.
  • Not a big fan of the infotainment unit, has frozen several times and that too when I was relying on it for navigation via android auto. On the contrary carplay runs smoother and has a better interface.
Its been 9 months and the ownership experience has been completely fuss free. It is the sole reason which makes maruti such a bestseller. Ciaz serves as my highway ride with an exception of a few city runs, and till now it has met all my expectations. The longest distance I have driven her is for 650kms (10 hour journey , longest time being 12 hours )with just two small ten minute breaks and thats it, no feeling tiredness of any sort. Its a master of one trade and simply excels in it.

In terms of Kitna Deti hai, it has been serving me well, lowest been 12.6 kpl with 80% city 4 people on board most of the time and AC always turned on, with the highest being 19.9kpl (both calculation are tank to tank based).
Service cost has been reasonable as well, I change the oil every 5k kms and was charged 4432 which included labour for paid service, oil change (3.2 liters of 0w16)with oil filter, air filter, ac filter and coolant.

Here's my Izzy
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_171218.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_171255.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_171344.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_173520.jpg

Last edited by HEMIOrange : 27th November 2021 at 19:54.
HEMIOrange is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 19:09   #214
BHPian

I booked a Ciaz zeta variant and am expecting to take delivery soon. I saw in the latest version of the brochure that zeta variant no longer has touchscreen infotainment system. I asked the salesperson at my local nexa and he says he hasn't heard anything about it. How do I confirm the change?
Old 14th May 2022, 19:02   #215

I just had an accident today on my way from hosur to chennai. It was few kilometers after Vellore. I was rear ended, the boot is completely damaged (will do a seperate post on how it happened). Checked it with nexa Ganesh cars. They said it was ok to drive. I didint have original DL or RC with me for insurance claim, so thought it was better to go back to hosur.

I'll be driving back on Monday. I'm planning to get it repaired at Amman cars hosur. Anyone has feedback on any major body work done by this service centre? I did my MGU replacement here and didn't have any complaints apart from the cleaning quality.

The other option is to give it to some sevice centre in Bangalore. But I would really prefer Amman cars due to the distance factor.

The guy at Ganesh cars gave a rough estimate of 50k to 60k, my sa at nexa hosur said 80 to 90k based on the photos I sent him.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_20220514_115138139_hdr2.jpg  

Jonathan Arpith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 14:01   #216

Hello fellow BHPians, my ciaz alpha MT 2019 petrol model is giving a mileage of only 13kmpl ( city and highway combined). If it's in city driving only returning around 10kmpl. I serviced it on regular intervals. I discussed this matter with service center, they're are telling the theory of driving the car in between 60 -70 km/h speeds to increase the mileage. Advise needed from fellow ciaz owners
Old 16th May 2022, 17:49   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIOrange View Post
9 months & 11k kilometers (almost) on my 2021 Ciaz Alpha AT

Things I like...
Hi I have a 2018 Ciaz Delta. If you're facing issues with soft suspension then you can get a small bearing added to the shockers. It will cost you around 600-800 rupees but you won't face any issues with the soft suspension in future. Be informed though that the ride quality might get a bit hard but only you'll be able to notice it coz you'll know something is added to the shockers otherwise the scraping and other issues will be gone.

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th May 2022 at 06:45. Reason: For ease of reading (especially from smartphones), please avoid quoting the whole long post. Thank you!
piiyush21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 20:37   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiali View Post
Hello fellow BHPians, my ciaz alpha MT 2019 petrol model is giving a mileage of only 13kmpl ( city and highway combined). If it's in city driving only returning around 10kmpl. I serviced it on regular intervals. I discussed this matter with service center, they're are telling the theory of driving the car in between 60 -70 km/h speeds to increase the mileage. Advise needed from fellow ciaz owners
I have AT Alpha and it shines in fuel consumption only on highways, in cities I have seen it go as low as 6kmpl and as high as 25 kmpl on highways. A lot also depends on outside temperature ,your AC usage, traffic density and as is with all cars, how is it being driven. FE is at best between 70-90 kmph.
HEMIOrange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 16:57   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiali View Post
I get 16 to 17 kmpl on highways maintaining speeds 100 to 110. With city usage included, i have got 12 as the lowest. I'm now consciously trying to drive with a light foot to improve the mileage as well as improve the ride experience for passengers.
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:24   #220
BHPian

Any idea about whether the new 6 speed AT transmission is supposed to come in Ciaz in near future?
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:27   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Any idea about whether the new 6 speed AT transmission is supposed to come in Ciaz in near future?
Sir, there is no such update on Ciaz facelift/ refresh as far as I know but it is logical that Maruti will use the K15C + 6AT combo in all its cars that have a K15B + 4AT at this time. Using two petrol engines of same capacity makes no financial sense.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 22:35   #222
BHPian

Friends, in about a week's time, I would be taking delivery of a Ciaz Alpha MT. Are there any must-have add-ons / accessories before I bring it home?

I do not think it comes with an Engine / sump guard under body cover. Anyone who installed one, for their Ciaz?
Old 15th June 2022, 23:02   #223
BHPian

I have a ciaz September 2021 MT. It’s done about 5000 kms on Odo. Took it out for a trip to the hills and realised that there is a khud khud sound from the right wheel when driven on slightly uneven roads. On smooth roads, there is no sound whatsoever. Will go back and get it checked. Could it be a lower arm bush getting damaged or suspension mount problem?
Old 16th June 2022, 11:35   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Could it be a lower arm bush getting damaged or suspension mount problem?
A 2021 car and only 5000km is quite early to see such an issue, though Ciaz owners did report suspension sagging issues after a couple of years (which needed spacers to stiffen & stabilise the suspension).

Yours does look like a suspension bush/mount problem. Instead of driving further in that condition, please get it checked with the ASC. Warranty will cover any replacements needed. And please let us know what the diagnosis & fix was.
hagarthenormal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 11:39   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagarthenormal View Post
A 2021 car and only 5000km is quite early to see such an issue, though Ciaz owners did report suspension sagging issues after a couple of years (which needed spacers to stiffen & stabilise the suspension).

Yours does look like a suspension bush/mount problem. Instead of driving further in that condition, please get it checked with the ASC. Warranty will cover any replacements needed. And please let us know what the diagnosis & fix was.
Thanks. I would get it checked when back in Delhi and update here. I suspect the lower arm bush issue. So another 700 km before I hit home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks