Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2021, 19:43   #91
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 Plus (2.2L mHawk) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
...and the TUV 300 Plus will live on as a Bolero Plus, alongside the original Bolero product line:

New Mahindra Bolero Neo SPOTTED – What is it? - MotorOctane.
https://motoroctane.com/news/219620-...ted-what-is-it
Seems quite logical for Mahindra, TUV300 in isolation was always overshadowed with the presence of bolero, having 2 different products with almost similar base design didn’t make much sense. I hope bolero lovers don’t get offended seeing the TUV being rebadged as bolero neo.
Old 10th June 2021, 20:01   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
I hope bolero lovers don’t get offended seeing the TUV being rebadged as bolero neo.
Actually, Bolero customers were offended just by hearing about a replacement for the Bolero in the TUV 300 product line in an internal market study commissioned by Mahindra in 2015. So Mahindra took a last-minute decision to keep both the Bolero and the TUV 300 line in parallel. The rest is marketing disaster history since the TUV was mis-positioned at the last moment as a competitor to softroader CSUVs such as Ecosport and fizzled out...

It makes sense to extend Brand Bolero by calling the TUV 300/Plus as Bolero Neo and Bolero Plus.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 18:53   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Hello! Were you able to get to the bottom of this issue? Please do share your updates.
Sorry, Locusjag. I somehow forgot to update this. Its 2021 now but still if you are interested.. The service guy mentioned that they replaced something called a 'Balancer Rod'. I'm not even sure what that is!. Anyway, the Beast is doing fine now and clocked 12000 KMs till date. No issues detected and I am still happy with the purchase.

In between, the new Thar tempted me, My sister got one, I drove it. I like it but the on road price for a 2 door petrol MT didn't make it seem like a practical ride for me. I liked the XUV 700 but again the pricing for the AWD variant is way off for me. I'm waiting to see what the new Scorpio 2022 brings.
petrogeek is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks