Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 19:09   #361
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Is there any alternative as this issue is draining my battery and the noise is quite annoying.
The motor is broken, and very likely, the entire ORVM will need to be replaced, as child parts are typically not available.

Disconnect the power supply to the ORVM (it'll be inside that black cladding on the door near the ORVM). This way, your battery won't drain, but it'll also mean you can't use the electric functions on that mirror (adjustment, auto-fold, if equipped).
Old 6th December 2023, 21:48   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The motor is broken, and very likely, the entire ORVM will need to be replaced, as child parts are typically not available.
I have asked my FNG guy to order the parts, waiting to hear back from him. If he isn't able to then I'll look at going the ASC route. Could someone tell me which Honda ASC is decent in Bangalore? Have never used any of them, usually rely on the FNGs in my area.
Old 8th December 2023, 21:36   #363
BHPian

UPDATE: I visited Brigade Honda at Yelahanka today. The SA over there took a look and ordered the wing mirror motor assembly. The total cost was around 6.5k out of which I paid 2.5K as an advance on the part. The ETA on the motor assembly is Wednesday/Thursday. Let's see how this goes!
Old 12th December 2023, 07:12   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot92 View Post
Car Stabilizer Pro and Rogerab both provide a certain amount of stiffness to the suspension. And, if you decide to use this product, I would advise you to get it done for all four of them.
Incase if you would like to install it only in the rear, ask the dealer for a trail, as some dealers offer it. If not, install it in the rear first and give it a quick test drive through potholes, bridge joints, and gravel paths to see how it functions.

I began by outfitting my spouse's Jazz with Rogerab, installing it in both the front and rear. The discernible improvement is noteworthy—no more issues with the suspension bottoming out, and the excessive bounciness has been significantly diminished. The suspension now operates much more smoothly. At a cost of 5000 bucks (4400 for the buffers and 600 for labor), this investment has proven to be worthwhile. Will be installing them in my father's Amaze when ever he visits me next time. I extend my gratitude to Autobot92 for providing clarity on these suspension buffers.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 20:19   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
I began by outfitting my spouse's Jazz with Rogerab, installing it in both the front and rear. The discernible improvement is noteworthy—no more issues with the suspension bottoming out, and the excessive bounciness has been significantly diminished. The suspension now operates much more smoothly. At a cost of 5000 bucks (4400 for the buffers and 600 for labor), this investment has proven to be worthwhile. Will be installing them in my father's Amaze when ever he visits me next time. I extend my gratitude to Autobot92 for providing clarity on these suspension buffers.
I'm glad everything went as you had anticipated. Even though the car was not driven very often, the buffers tend to lose their qualities with time, therefore replace them once every three years.
Autobot92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 22:02   #366
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: I visited Brigade Honda at Yelahanka today. The SA over there took a look and ordered the wing mirror motor assembly. The total cost was around 6.5k out of which I paid 2.5K as an advance on the part. The ETA on the motor assembly is Wednesday/Thursday. Let's see how this goes!
Wanted to share a closing update on this. I got the part installed a few days back at the dealership. It took the technician 45 minutes to fit the new assembly. The new motor works as intended and I have no complaints.

Will definitely try this place for routine servicing as well, considering the fact that they offer servicing in 3 hours.

That's all for now!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-img20231219103908.jpg  

Old 19th January 2024, 18:39   #367

I have driven many cars all my life from Alto, Santro, Baleno, i10, Creta, and some more. But I have never faced this issue with any of my Cars like the one I am facing with my Current Car - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic The Problem - The Steering of this Car is Very Heavy and Hard it is the Worst I have ever in any of my Cars. While Driving it doesn't work like a Power Steering at all. Even my Alto and Santro which I used in 2007-2008 had much better Steering than this one.

Around 6 Months back I Bought - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Model - But after taking the Delivery pretty soon I was convinced that the Steering is very Stiff, Hard and Heavy. I have been to the Dealer twice regarding the same - They checked the Wheel Alignment and Tyre Pressure and Nothing Changed - They just say it is the Same for all Amaze. But even if it is the same for All Amaze - Does this statement Fix the Issue? No.

If you google - Honda Amaze Steering Hard / Honda Amaze Steering Heavy you will find many Users facing the same issue. There are some YouTube videos too about this issue. But the Dealers are 1st Not agreeging that it is even an issue 2nd they just don't take it seriously and give a blank answer saying that it's the same with all other Amaze too.

A week ago I drove my friend's i10 Car and the Steering on it was Ultra Amazing and Very smooth. I have driven many Cars but this one has a really Hard Steering. I have even tried calling Honda Customer Support Directly but they have just re-directed me to the Dealer who just doesn't do anything to resolve the issue.

I seriously feel this is a Big issue with Honda Amaze and they should just Recall all of them that are having this Issue and Resolve this issue ASAP...just google the same and you will see many people writing about the same issue. Can someone here please Help me with this issue as to how should i go about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this issue will be very helpful to us all facing this issue.

Thank you

Last edited by Aditya : 10th February 2024 at 17:37. Reason: Spacing
rahul0303 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th January 2024, 07:13   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul0303 View Post
Can someone here please Help me with this issue as to how should i go about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this issue will be very helpful to us all facing this issue.

Thank you
Dear Rahul, please share which model your car is? There was a recall for EPS issue. May be your car qualifies for this. If it doesn’t, get it checked at an independent garage or a different Honda workshop. May be a EPS sensor harness issue or the EPS itself might have failed.

Last edited by bravo82in : 20th January 2024 at 07:13. Reason: Typo
Old 20th January 2024, 16:56   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Dear Rahul, please share which model your car is?
It is the latest Model the Car is Brand New only 6 Months old

That recall with respect to Power Steering issue was done in 2018 and I had even told the Showroom (Solitaire Honda Borivali) Service Head about this recall too but he pretended like he doesn't even know anything about the Recall and said nothing like that happened and he is working there since past 10 years.

Last edited by rahul0303 : 20th January 2024 at 17:25.
Old 20th January 2024, 18:25   #370
BHPian

i have 2021 model and do not have the issue or maybe never noticed it. quite a few people have driven my car and no one has said anything so far.
Old 21st January 2024, 16:29   #371
BANNED

Hi fellow BHPians. I see a few YouTube videos on 'upcoming Amaze 2024'. Is there any truth in this? More fundamentally does it make business sense in terms of capex? Honda barely sells 35,000 cars in this segment which unfortunately is shrinking daily. Dzire 24 should be available in a few months- is this the trigger?
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:35   #372
BHPian

I have recently noticed that the headlights have become quite weak and can barely see anything at night.

Wanted to know what brand of bulbs I should install to make things much more visible. Also wanted to know if installing white bulbs would be better?
Old 23rd January 2024, 18:08   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Hi fellow BHPians. I see a few YouTube videos on 'upcoming Amaze 2024'. Is there any truth in this?
Many manufacturers bring a facelift every 4th year and a new model every 6th year. Current Gen Honda amaze was launched in 2018 and it’s facelift came in 2022, so a new model can be expected in 2024. There is no confirmation from Honda as of now and these are just speculations.

Quote:
I have recently noticed that the headlights have become quite weak and can barely see anything at night.
Wanted to know what brand of bulbs I should install to make things much more visible. Also wanted to know if installing white bulbs would be better?
I believe your model comes with Halogen Headlight and not Leds (Vx of 2022 FL comes with Led projectors).
Osram and Philips are the two reputed brands for Halogen bulbs, others being Bosch, Uno Minda, Lumax.

White bulbs are in no way brighter than regular halogen for same wattage. Rather they are hindrance in rainy and foggy weather. Stick to the standard halogen bulb. You may consider led bulbs in place of Halogen for a better illumination ( I am using Blaupunkt leds) Another option is to install Led projectors in place of fog lamps. All depends on your budget and requirement.

Cheers
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 18:11   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Hi fellow BHPians. I see a few YouTube videos on 'upcoming Amaze 2024'. Is there any truth in this? More fundamentally does it make business sense in terms of capex? Honda barely sells 35,000 cars in this segment which unfortunately is shrinking daily. Dzire 24 should be available in a few months- is this the trigger?
Yes, All new Amaze is expected this year considering Honda follows a 5 year lifecycle for its products. Original Amaze came in 2013 with gen 2 in 2018. However, no concrete timelines are known and neither any spy shots seen so far, it was originally expected in 2023.

Amaze has been a good seller for Honda and Honda would continue with the model at least until Elevate EV arrives on scene.
ToThePoint is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 17:35   #375
BHPian

Hey guys, has anyone changed their wipers. Service is a long time away and changed my wipers to TV's ones from amazon and they are absolutely useless. Can anyone share which wipers they have changed to? Thanks

Most Viewed