Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 12:08   #346
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi everyone, my 2020 Honda Amaze VX CVT is due for an insurance renewal in next 1 month. Up Till now I've been buying insurance directly from the dealer since its hassle free getting the claims. They have given me the below quotes. On Acko, the zero dep. premium was around 12k. Any idea how to proceed further. Many thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-screenshot_2023103112014749_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d3193339483.jpg  

Honda Amaze : Official Review-screenshot_2023103112013870_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d3193339484.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2023, 17:20   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Hi everyone, my 2020 Honda Amaze VX CVT is due for an insurance renewal in next 1 month. Up Till now I've been buying insurance directly from the dealer since its hassle free getting the claims. They have given me the below quotes. On Acko, the zero dep. premium was around 12k. Any idea how to proceed further. Many thanks.
Make sure to select few other Add-Ons with Zero dep such as
Engine & Gear box protect
Key loss cover
RSA
Rat bite protection (Only few insurance company offers this)
Consumables cover and
New vehicle replacement cover

IMO, these are must need which only cost few extra bucks.
Autobot92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 09:04   #348
BHPian

Hello everyone,
My dad owns a 2022 Amaze S CVT, done around 15000 kms and he is super happy with the car. His only gripe is the suspension, which he finds bouncy. Any suggestions or recommended upgrades will be of great help.
Thanks and regards
Bravo

Last edited by bravo82in : 13th November 2023 at 09:05. Reason: Typo
Old 14th November 2023, 18:59   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Hello everyone,
My dad owns a 2022 Amaze S CVT, done around 15000 kms and he is super happy with the car. His only gripe is the suspension, which he finds bouncy. Any suggestions or recommended upgrades will be of great help.
Thanks and regards
Bravo
Honda's suspension is renowned for being softer, which does adds bounciness.
I advise you to look into Car Stabilizer Pro, a suspension enhancement system that will improve your ride's comfort and stability.
This is being offered by numerous dealers as part of their accessory pack. Check out your local dealer for more information on this product.

Note : Over time, it can have an impact on how well your suspension works.
Old 14th November 2023, 23:07   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot92 View Post
Honda's suspension is renowned for being softer, which does adds bounciness.
I advise you to look into Car Stabilizer Pro, a suspension enhancement system that will improve your ride's comfort and stability.
This is being offered by numerous dealers as part of their accessory pack. Check out your local dealer for more information on this product.

Note : Over time, it can have an impact on how well your suspension works.
Thanks a ton for the prompt reply. Are these the Coil Spring adjusters you are talking about? I guess Car stabilizer pro is a brand just like Rogerab. I have read about these products, but not sure where to use them front/rear/ both.

Another product in market is the 'ARC Rear Shock Absorbers Suspension Upgrade Kit'. Again I am not sure if it will help in my case. The car is driven solo most of the times.
Old 15th November 2023, 14:13   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the prompt reply. Are these the Coil Spring adjusters you are talking about? I guess Car stabilizer pro is a brand just like Rogerab. I have read about these products, but not sure where to use them front/rear/ both.

Another product in market is the 'ARC Rear Shock Absorbers Suspension Upgrade Kit'. Again I am not sure if it will help in my case. The car is driven solo most of the times.
Car stabilizer pro and Rogerab both are similar products but these are more affordable than ARC Rear Shock Absorbers Suspension Upgrade Kit'.
Depending on your budget, pick one. I suggest that you stick with the stock suspension and select one of the stabilizers listed above, as they both function fairly well.
I'm assuming the thread below will answer your question.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...earance-5.html (Increasing the Ground Clearance)
Old 15th November 2023, 16:48   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Car stabilizer pro and Rogerab both are similar products but these are more affordable than ARC Rear Shock Absorbers Suspension Upgrade Kit'.
Depending on your budget, pick one. I suggest that you stick with the stock suspension and select one of the stabilizers listed above, as they both function fairly well.
I'm assuming the thread below will answer your question.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...earance-5.html (Increasing the Ground Clearance)
The above thread is more about ground clearance than stiffer suspension. I think I should start with Rogerab, for they are cheaper and in business for long. Not sure whether to go for front two or all four.

Last edited by bravo82in : 15th November 2023 at 16:55. Reason: Wrong info
Old 16th November 2023, 18:02   #353
BHPian

Quote:
The above thread is more about ground clearance than stiffer suspension. I think I should start with Rogerab, for they are cheaper and in business for long. Not sure whether to go for front two or all four.
Car Stabilizer Pro and Rogerab both provide a certain amount of stiffness to the suspension. And, if you decide to use this product, I would advise you to get it done for all four of them.
Incase if you would like to install it only in the rear, ask the dealer for a trail, as some dealers offer it. If not, install it in the rear first and give it a quick test drive through potholes, bridge joints, and gravel paths to see how it functions.
Autobot92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 07:46   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Car Stabilizer Pro and Rogerab both provide a certain amount of stiffness to the suspension. And, if you decide to use this product, I would advise you to get it done for all four of them.
Incase if you would like to install it only in the rear, ask the dealer for a trail, as some dealers offer it. If not, install it in the rear first and give it a quick test drive through potholes, bridge joints, and gravel paths to see how it functions.
Noted. Will revert with the results. Thank you Autobot for the much needed guidance.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 21:36   #355
BHPian

So today i got my 2020 petrol Amaze VX CVT serviced. It was a basic service (Oil change, Oil filter & Air Filter) under a service camp run by Prime Honda in East Delhi. The service only costed Rs. 3.8k which i think is very reasonable.

I noticed one thing though. The service manual booklet says that the engine oil capacity for petrol amaze is 3.2 litres. Whereas in the service bill it showed that 3.7 litres is filled. I asked the service executive that why extra 500 ml has been filled. He said that if they fill 3.2 litres, the dipstick will only show it till minimum level. With extra 500 ml, it will show till the maximum level.

Im still confused as to why the owners manual says 3.2 litres. Any thoughts?
TB16 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 00:37   #356

Brought home an Amaze last week Quick question folks, what did your basic accessories kit (the basic one that they tag on to your bill) come with?
Old 4th December 2023, 20:29   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
So today i got my 2020 petrol Amaze VX CVT serviced. It was a basic service (Oil change, Oil filter & Air Filter) under a service camp run by Prime Honda in East Delhi. The service only costed Rs. 3.8k which i think is very reasonable.

I noticed one thing though. The service manual booklet says that the engine oil capacity for petrol amaze is 3.2 litres. Whereas in the service bill it showed that 3.7 litres is filled. I asked the service executive that why extra 500 ml has been filled. He said that if they fill 3.2 litres, the dipstick will only show it till minimum level. With extra 500 ml, it will show till the maximum level.

Im still confused as to why the owners manual says 3.2 litres. Any thoughts?
The oil on the dipstick should show somewhere between the minimum and maximum level. Neither underfill nor overfill is good. 3.2L being sump capacity, we can allow a little extra for flushing of old oil.

Next time, just fill 3.2L and check the dipstick (NOT IMMEDIATELY, as the oil will stick to the surface of pipe path and hence, will take a little extra time to drop down to sump). Just give 5-10mins after fill up and check the dipstick. If the level is between minimum and maximum mark, you're good to go. A max of 200-300ml for flushing, so you should be good for 3.5L oil.

If the oil still shows below, or just about the low level mark, a100-150ml extra filling would be required.

Cheers!!
Old 5th December 2023, 07:48   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZittingCisticol View Post
What did your basic accessories kit (the basic one that they tag on to your bill) come with?
I was never charged for basic accessory kit by Honda ever. However the complimentary items varied among dealers. My 2022 Amaze included free mats and mudflaps. For my wife's 2019 Jazz, it was foot mats and two cushions ( no mudflaps). Interestingly, my sister-in-law's 2021 Jazz came with two cushions, foot mats, mud flaps, and even a hammer for breaking glass.
Old 5th December 2023, 13:18   #359

Quote:
I was never charged for basic accessory kit by Honda ever. However the complimentary items varied among dealers. My 2022 Amaze included free mats and mudflaps. For my wife's 2019 Jazz, it was foot mats and two cushions ( no mudflaps). Interestingly, my sister-in-law's 2021 Jazz came with two cushions, foot mats, mud flaps, and even a hammer for breaking glass.
Thank you! The basic accessory kit was included in the total on-road cost, but mentioned as a line item for 6k. For me, it just included just mats and mudflaps, so I was a bit suspicious about the 6k charged.
Old 6th December 2023, 17:46   #360
BHPian

Facing a very annoying issue on my 2014 Amaze. The right side ORVM has been whirring nonstop and does not rotate. The left one works as expected but the right one is being a real pain.

Honda quoted ₹6.5k to repair the same but did not have the part available. Is there any alternative as this issue is draining my battery and the noise is quite annoying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks