Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2020, 10:32   #271
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveesh4u View Post
Glad to know that you got the lower arm replaced without any ay hassle. In just 6000Kms, I got my left lower replaced as well. The experience was similar. I explained the issue to the HASS service engineer and reproduced the issue while having a test drive with the service engineer.

The sad fact is, the lower arm issue is known issue and HASS are advised to replace it if the customer arises any complaints regarding the lower arm. Even if you replace the lower arm, the rattlings will reappear very shortly. That is what my personal experience proves and that is what's vouched by at least 5+ Amaze owners through a Whatsapp group. The unofficial news from the HASS is that Honda has come up with a new lower arm design and will offer a free replacement in the coming months.

Regarding your comment regarding Maruti, I feel the Maruti counterpart of Amaze would have been a much tension-free experience . Within 3 months and 6000Kms, I have got the following parts replaced under warranty in my Amaze
  • Engine mounting
  • RH Lower arm
  • LH Lower arm
Please refer to my post in this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4542515 (Honda Amaze : Official Review)
I am very much surprised, is it one off case or Honda has started some cost cutting.
I have driven my car extensively on long distances and over all type of roads. Except for the handling and the seat comfort I didn't had any other complaints.
Old 27th March 2020, 21:53   #272
BHPian

Car had been for service decided to spruce it up a bit with blackened mirrors , wheels and spoilers to make it look a lil more appealing
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-img20200327160319.jpg  

terra85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 23:48   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Car had been for service decided to spruce it up a bit with blackened mirrors , wheels and spoilers to make it look a lil more appealing
Looks good. Did you use wraps for blackening?
Old 28th March 2020, 09:00   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Looks good. Did you use wraps for blackening?
Thanks,the wheels were wraps they came from honda , mirrors i got it from 3M. The spoiler has been painted also from honda
Old 29th March 2020, 01:07   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Has anyone installed dash cam in new gen Amaze? I am looking for a dash cam in price range of around Rs. 10,000 for my V-CVT.

Also, any solution on how we can backlit the letters in gear shifter.
Yes I recently purchased AKASO V1 from Amazon. It came for around 6700. Video quality is very good.
ska289 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 13:28   #276
BANNED

Hello everyone,

Picked up the new honda amaze in the last week of march 2020 which has been parked due to lock down effect with hardly 200km on milo. Would like to upgrade the tyres to michelin. current shoes are 175/65R15 84 Bridgestone Ecopia.

please advice the upgrade which would not effect the ride quality and would increase the GC also. The place I belong has uneven roads to conquer
Old 9th May 2020, 14:06   #277
Team-BHP Support

Is the 2nd generation Amaze sold in any country other than India? Its been two years since the car has been launched in India.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th May 2020 at 14:07.
Old 9th May 2020, 23:47   #278
BANNED

Hello All.
I had purchased a New Honda Amaze petrol V Manual in May 2019. Right from day 1 there was some noise from the front suspension. The service centre guys changed front arms twice so far but the noise keeps on coming back. Don't know what the solution is. Has anybody found any permanent solution to this noise? If this does not disappear I am thinking of selling it for the Aura or some other car :(

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th May 2020 at 21:54. Reason: Typos and grammar.
Old 10th May 2020, 08:30   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is the 2nd generation Amaze sold in any country other than India? Its been two years since the car has been launched in India.
I think it's exported to Africa, it was crash tested for Africa by GLOBAL NCAP. It was Africa spec manufactured in India.
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 12:12   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

A colleagues May-2019 Amaze driven for 7500KM till now has faced a fuel pump failure. He is getting the same replaced under warranty and awaiting part to arrive from Chennai, delay expected due to lock-down.

It seems there are another 2 Amaze in service center with the same issue, not sure of the manufacturing date of those cars.

Can be an issue with certain batch of fuel pumps. Just for information of other Amaze owners who may face this issue.
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 01:18   #281
BHPian

My 2013 Amaze diesel clocked 1,35,000 Kms today. The car is pretty reliable. Only fly in the ointment is premature wear of the brake pads. I replace them at every 15,000 Kms. Car is still running on the original clutch.

Engine still has the same power and constantly giving 20+ average. The spares are cheaper than Maruti's hatchbacks.

The downsides are engine sound (now used to it), brake wear and handling.
Vmax1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 23:23   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbospool83 View Post
I am facing nasty rattling issues on my Amaze (2018 Make) .first issue is, When I go over those rumble strips or minor patches, the lower part of the dashboard will make a rattle. It is started to irritate me big time. second, there is a rattle from the glove box as well. But the cover will never pop out as reported in initial Batches. Third, there is consistent noise from Passenger side door glass. Anyone has faced similar issues? If so Honda ASC were able to fix them?
I had similar issues. Had noise from dash and glovebox. ASC replaced the rubber strip below wipers because they said due to dust accumulation it had lost its lubrication and taped the hook of the glovebox. These two things solved the issues. I also make sure not to keep loose small solid items in glovebox as they also rattle on bad roads.
Old 22nd September 2020, 10:05   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeramkvs View Post
The new amaze is all about AT and the Honda-ness of the car IMHO lies in the honest attempt to bring the best of the automatic experience to the average Indian urban commuter who so much deserves it. It is so easy to dismiss this car as cheap but then ask the office goer doing 50 km per day in an Indian city traffic, this will be god send for him as he will be able to actually afford it - both to buy and run (Diesel automatic with 15+ mileage!).

I have liked Honda for bringing it's Indian customers some of the best features and utilities from their international repertoire unlike some other companies that show a different attitude. And they didn't disappoint me again with this new Amaze.
Rightly said. Apart from the above, four star NCAP rating, good seating comfort, best in class boot space and great service makes this a very good family car both for daily commute and also occasional long drives.
Old 5th October 2020, 10:01   #284
BHPian

Does the top end VX model of the Amaze has an underbody cover for the engine bay?
Old 11th October 2020, 20:04   #285

I bought a used 2019 Amaze CVT Petrol with 10k kms on Odo. Found the steering quite heavy and also it's not returning back after full turn. Looks like faulty steering. Had read about 2018 honda recall due to faulty EPS. Wondering if same problem in 2019 Honda Amaze. Will be taking it to service centre to check. Wonder how I missed it during my test drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks