Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 14:18   #406
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Look for the 'SRS Airbag' logo or something similar to that on the casings on the A Pillar and C pillar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
You can easily identify the locations (pics taken from official review and @Simhi's ownership review)

2 front, 1 knee, 2 side, and 2 curtain airbags = total 7
Thank You. Will check. Can it be checked from the Toyota Showroom by giving the vehicle details?
Old 30th March 2021, 14:21   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionforcars View Post
Thank You. Will check. Can it be checked from the Toyota Showroom by giving the vehicle details?
Should be doable with the registration number of the vehicle and /or chassis number.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 14:30   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionforcars View Post
All variants of Toyota Yaris 2018 have 7 airbags. They launched optional variants with reduced number of airbags in 2019, means if the model you are checking is 2018 it has 7 airbags.

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th March 2021 at 14:35.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:32   #409
BHPian

Toyota India sells 871 Yaris in March'21. This is the best figures in the last 31 months. Toyota sold 1047 Yaris in Aug'18.

Source: https://www.autopunditz.com/post/toy...-21-since-2013

How come there is a sudden increase in Yaris sales? Is Toyota clearing all the inventory to stop production of Yaris?

Last edited by Aditya : 4th April 2021 at 09:20. Reason: As requested
Simhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 12:58   #410
BHPian

Toyota Likely To Discontinue Yaris Sedan From India – Report.
If they had priced it well in the first place, picture could have been different.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Yaris : Official Review-screenshot_20210409125720.jpg  

Last edited by gjnnbagal : 9th April 2021 at 13:04.
Old 30th April 2021, 13:37   #411
BHPian

Can this be the last shot in the arm for Yaris??

https://www.carwale.com/news/toyota-...for-the-yaris/

Why not Toyota listen to feedback about its product and rectify them to give the proper product people want. Upgrading the tyre size with quirky alloy designs will do wonder to the outer look of the car. Also missing foot rest in a proper C2 sedan is unthinkable. The rear space for passengers is not enough to sit 3 passengers comfortably is a huge setback.

Instead of working on these major points, Toyota becomes lazy and try out quick shortcuts to improve sales of Yaris. Whether it will work or not only time will tell.
Old 17th May 2021, 16:12   #412
Senior - BHPian

On team-bhp site, I read this about Toyota Yaris:

The mirrors auto fold when locking (this is programmable of course).

How do I set this?
Old 22nd May 2021, 00:19   #413
BHPian

A base j variant car is available at my dealer (one with 3airbags) what should be ideal discount that I should target? In preliminary talks they are not quoting a discount at all.

Last edited by Stolidus500 : 22nd May 2021 at 00:20. Reason: Removing a .
Old 22nd May 2021, 11:30   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
A base j variant car is available at my dealer (one with 3airbags) what should be ideal discount that I should target? In preliminary talks they are not quoting a discount at all.
Surprised that dealer is not quoting a discount. Are you 100% sure of purchasing a car whose production is rumored to be stopped? If you are still convinced to purchase Yaris, I would suggest waiting for few months as I am sure once production stops, the price of even top end variants will be available at mouth-watering prices in the second-hand markets.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 14:20   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavingflag View Post
[*]1000KM (Jan 2019)– First service and completed basic checks. Kreek sound while braking was checked, and I was told that it is quite normal. Fog lamps and Seat Covers (Airbag compatible) were installed during this service. SA explained every work done on my car.
[*]10000KM (Jul 2019)– Regular service including Oil change and Wheel Balancing and Alignment. Total bill was 2500/-.
[*]20000KM (Jul 2020) – Regular service including Oil change, Wheel Balance and alignment. AC knob (Manual flow control knob) was replaced as it was struck, and flow control was not working properly. Total bill was around 2800/-.
My Yaris completed 30000 KM service(First paid service) in Apr last week.

Issues Reported to SA:
1. Slotting to 2nd gear was a bit notchy
2. Steering wheel self centering was not working most of the time
3. AC vent air flow was a bit low( I have to keep the fan speed level at 3(out of 4) most of the time to keep front passengers comfortable and at Level 4 if rear seats are occupied. Side vents were of little use.

Service includes regular Oil and filter changes, WB/WA, etc. Cabin Airfilter replacement is also scheduled at 30K KM service. I asked SA to replace Wiper Blades, but he suggested replacing the same after summer and I agreed.

Service Center remarks on each issue: All points are normal and as expected. Since I was expecting the same reply, I have no complaints.

Total cost: 8200.

Other points: As per Service Advisor, 30K and 40K services will cost more. But still I found it reasonable as the major component in my bill was Cabin Air-filter which costs 2200(Including GST). SA claimed that these are new filters with more filtering capability (May be similar to the PM2.5 filter introduced by Maruti?) 30K KM Service Inspection charge was 2670 and 3.3 Ltr engine Oil costed 1100.

Car felt smoother when I drove back home. Gear slotting felt better and AC performance was not tested as it was raining when I drove back. Thanks to lockdown, the car was not moved at all in May month.
wavingflag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 10:55   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikjana83 View Post
Can this be the last shot in the arm for Yaris??

https://www.carwale.com/news/toyota-...for-the-yaris/

Why not Toyota listen to feedback about its product and rectify them to give the proper product people want. Upgrading the tyre size with quirky alloy designs will do wonder to the outer look of the car. Also missing foot rest in a proper C2 sedan is unthinkable. The rear space for passengers is not enough to sit 3 passengers comfortably is a huge setback.

Instead of working on these major points, Toyota becomes lazy and try out quick shortcuts to improve sales of Yaris. Whether it will work or not only time will tell.
Every time I drive the Yaris, I thank Toyota for making this car. I just love the build quality, ride quality, ease of handling, meaty steering wheel, suuportive seats and safety features. Though my car does not come with the vibration/sound reducing glass, the cabin is pretty quiet. As you rightly said few points which could be improved

1. 16" wheels and better looking alloys (I have the diamond cut in V optional which are so much better looking but the 15" wheels look puny)
2. Introduce apple car play and android auto in the music system
3. Place the bluetooth mike in the slot near the front cabin lights. The slot is present but the mike is on the system making it pretty useless
4. Raise the seat height of the passenger seat
5. Reach adjustable steering
6. backlit switches for driver side controls (window winders, lock/unlock, window lock). They have provided lighting for mirror folding and auto down, so how difficult was it to provide it for the rest? Same for the window switches.
7. They could remove the mood lighting if they want to save money and give the above feature instead which is more practical.

Thankfully I purchased the Yaris before it was replaced by Ciaz. I guess Toyota is taking the easier route and making money. Ciaz will sell though it means that Toyota is compromising on its own principles.
Palio_2005 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 08:10   #417
BHPian

Toyota Virtual Showroom. Yaris production stopped?

As far as I know Toyota has not yet officially announced the withdrawal of Yaris model. However, sales in the last two months (5 numbers each in June'21 and July'21) is a clear indication that production has stopped.

Though Yaris is still listed under products section on their official site, it however does not feature in their recently launched Virtual showroom - https://www.toyotabharat.com/virtual-showroom/
Old 16th August 2021, 14:38   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post

Though Yaris is still listed under products section on their official site, it however does not feature in their recently launched Virtual showroom - https://www.toyotabharat.com/virtual-showroom/
The website still has Yaris listed under Products but absent in Virtual showroom. Probably they are clearing old stocks. I guess they will rebrand Ciaz and sell. This will address many of the shortcomings of the Yaris and open up a new segment for Toyota. Hope they add additional air bags and some Toyota features like IR absorbing glass etc.
Old 16th August 2021, 14:43   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As far as I know Toyota has not yet officially announced the withdrawal of Yaris model. However, sales in the last two months (5 numbers each in June'21 and July'21) is a clear indication that production has stopped.

Yes, as per dealer production has ceased. There are few pieces in inventory(<100) and are sent based on request from dealer. There is some cash discount ongoing too!
Old 22nd August 2021, 14:58   #420

Quote:
I can confirm from a source at TKM, that Yaris production was stopped, quite a few months back. The few Yaris that are remaining are lying in the company yard at their plant in Bidadi and are only going to be shipped when dealerships confirm the order. So, discounts may solely depend on your local dealer and how much stock they have. Toyota Ciaz launch has been delayed as well, as some Yaris are still with TKM.

Plant 2 which used to produce Etios, Yaris and Corolla is now being retooled jointly with MSIL and it's suppliers, for production of TKM-MSIL Creta rival. Scheduled launch is late 2022.

Regards
scenario7 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks