Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2021, 11:51   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Had given the car for it's 4th paid service and got a nice fat bill of 15k.
Wow! They are charging like the Germans, but Skoda / VW service is only once per 15K Kms. I was charged Rs: 10000 for my 20K KM Baleno petrol service and I thought that was high but yours is on another level.

Also Please cross post here. People are always assuming Maruti service has been cheap, but definitely it's not.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...p-myth-55.html (Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!)
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 01:22   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navs View Post
You can use similar clip in the below pic to fit it and these are fender lining clips for the new swift.

Attachment 2079263
Hey Navs,

Could you let me know where you got the engine guard? I’d like to get it this coming week. Thanks in advance
Old 24th January 2021, 02:50   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
Hey Navs,

Could you let me know where you got the engine guard? I’d like to get it this coming week. Thanks in advance
You can order it from the Maruti service centre. Give them the correct part number and it should arrive within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am using a Feb 2020 Swift VXi AMT and have driven ~10,000kms in the past 11 months. Unfortunately, it seems that the brake pads have worn out and there is a definitive audible sound every time I press the brake pedal.

During the third free service, the SA told me that this is a common problem in all Maruti Swift models due to a manufacturing defect. Are BHPians also facing a similar issue? If this is indeed a manufacturing defect then has Maruti publicly recalled the car for a free replacement of brake pads? If not, is there any communication from the company regarding the same?

I have emailed and Tweeted to Maruti today. They have replied that a ASS Manager will get in touch with me.

Thanks!
Hi Kushagra,
I have been using a Swift petrol AMT for almost 3 years. I have noticed that the brake pedal feels quite spongy and the brake bite point comes in when the pedal almost pressed fully which makes it quite difficult to drive in bumper to bumper traffic as the car stops abruptly. I recently got the brake bleeding done and the stopping power has got slightly better but the brake pedal still feels spongy. Are you also facing a similar issue. My car has done about 8500 KM's.

Regards.

MOD NOTE - Please use space after a punctuation. Also,

Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th January 2021 at 08:32. Reason: Mod note attached.
Neelanjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 17:08   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
Hey Navs,

Hi qr20de

I ordered the part in Vishnu cars Maruti service in Keelakattai (Chennai) by quoting the part no. They received the item in 5 days.
Navs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:36   #380
BHPian

Is it possible to retrofit ESP and hill hold assist (that is now offered in the 2021 Swift AMTs) to the pre-facelift (2019) AMT model? Can any tuner help?

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 28th February 2021 at 20:47.
Old 1st March 2021, 16:54   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Is it possible to retrofit ESP and hill hold assist (that is now offered in the 2021 Swift AMTs) to the pre-facelift (2019) AMT model? Can any tuner help?
If anyone is curious
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift : Official Review-milreply.png  

Old 11th March 2021, 20:52   #382
BHPian

Got my swift's battery changed today. it was the stock battery, served me well for 7 years ( 6 actually, have not started my car since past 1 year.)

Since the lockdown I am in my home town and have been using Dad's car. Swift battery gave up totally after 20-25 days of no use. So, when I got new battery today, I was bit skeptical that whether the car will start up or not, but to my surprise, engine came to life at the first crank, this brought a huge smile on my face . I kept the car running for sometime, then went for a small drive and to top up air pressure and came back home.

Planning to go for a long drive this weekend. Need suggestions on what all I should check considering the car was started after a year.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 21:46   #383
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Planning to go for a long drive this weekend. Need suggestions on what all I should check considering the car was started after a year.
When was it serviced last? If it was indeed not used for 1 year and idle most of the time I will suggest you get the engine oil + oil filter changed.
Old 11th March 2021, 23:15   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When was it serviced last? If it was indeed not used for 1 year and idle most of the time I will suggest you get the engine oil + oil filter changed.
Yes, last time I started the car was in April-2020. Last service was done 16-17 months ago. I am thinking of giving the car for servicing, will get engine oil and oil filter changed.
Old 21st March 2021, 19:20   #385
Senior - BHPian

I have bought a 2016 December Swift ZDI. The speed sensing auto-lock is not enabled. However, when I tried enabling D2-SL2, settings are not saved. Wonder what will be done to resolve this.
Old 5th April 2021, 09:45   #386
BHPian

We booked the 2021 Swift VXi this weekend. In the Midnight Blue Color. This will be replacing our 7 year old VW Polo and will join the other MS in the garage(Ciaz S). This will be our 3rd Maruti.

With a budget of 7.5L, had narrowed down on the Tiago XZ and the Swift. Inspite of the additional features in the Tiago, the Swift felt like a better package overall and the VXi variant perfectly fit the bill.
I haven't driven the earlier Swift, but the (new?)engine has some good pep(90PS now). The light gearshift and clutch made it a breeze both on the narrow roads and the highway during the test drive.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 13:52   #387
BHPian

Maruti Swift : Official Review

I have booked a VXi AGS on 22 March .. still no visibility of delivery . surprised !! This is my secondary car replacing the A-Star auto . Still my primary ride being the Duster . Went for swift auto just for reason that my wife will use it and want a reliable replacement . Looking anxiously for the delivery ! Anybody else in chennai booked and waiting for some time ?
vishnana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:28   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
I have booked a VXi AGS on 22 March .. still no visibility of delivery . surprised !! This is my secondary car replacing the A-Star auto . Still my primary ride being the Duster . Went for swift auto just for reason that my wife will use it and want a reliable replacement . Looking anxiously for the delivery ! Anybody else in chennai booked and waiting for some time ?
With almost all Marutis across all dealers, this is the common situation. Expected waiting period is 45-60 days(this is what they are quoting) but in some cases cars are arriving in approximately a month's time. I am being told this is due to shortage from suppliers' end.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:12   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
Strange. I was promised the VXi in week's time, after booking last Saturday. I am hoping the dealer sticks to his promise.
Old 6th April 2021, 19:58   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
With a budget of 7.5L, had narrowed down on the Tiago XZ and the Swift. Inspite of the additional features in the Tiago, the Swift felt like a better package overall and the VXi variant perfectly fit the bill.
I haven't driven the earlier Swift, but the (new?)engine has some good pep(90PS now). The light gearshift and clutch made it a breeze both on the narrow roads and the highway during the test drive.
Congratulations..

May I know what reasons tipped into the favour of Swift. I am interested in the Dzire AGS. The Tiago/Tigor AMT lost only due to the lack of hill hold assist

On the other hand, Zest(recently sold) to a Maruti seems to be a huge downgrade from almost all perspectives. With a tight budget finding a well maintained used automatic car has been unfruitful as well.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 6th April 2021 at 19:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks