Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2020, 13:56   #331
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Thanks for your detailed response. A few more queries:

1. On an average what are the fuel economy figures for you?

2. Has the fuel economy improved after the second and third service?

3. Did you get the engine oil and filter changed during the second or the third service?

Thanks again!
1. I'm averaging 16.3kpl
2. Well marginally, like from 16.1 to 16.3kpl. Considering that I am consistent in my driving style throughout, there haven't been any major changes.
3. Changed both at 10k and 20k service if that's what you mean. Also changed air filter.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 11:46   #332
BHPian

Maruti Swift VXi AMT: Update after 3500 kms and two weeks before the second service.

- Mileage has increased to 19 kmpl.
- Car performing well.
- Need to get a rather long deep "key scratch" fixed (Car vandalism).

Any idea what will be the approximate cost of fixing a scratch? Both the left side door panels have been scratched.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 00:27   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

A trusted Sales manager reports that dispatches of the Swift are on hold. May be an updated model with New DualJet engine is coming soon.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:01   #334
Team-BHP Support

Have spent ~13,xxx kms with my April 2018 Swift ZXi+.

And, I am extremely disappointed with MUL's flimsy build and thin paint quality. A slight nudge anywhere and there is a dent and a paint scrape. Yes, this is India and I have been driving for close to 2 decades now, but, yet to come across any other car brand which shows so many scars, even the Gen 2 Swift's build and paint is noticeably better.

The other car which I drive is a M&M Scorpio S10 4WD, it has seen 87,xxx kms in 4+ years on the worse roads and traffic and you will have to search for any scratches. Scorpio is no German and neither is the paint quality top class, but at-least, it is not as bad as this Maruti.

For my all other purposes of buying the Swift, it fits the role to a T, but am sick of this issue. So much so, that I think I will use it less. I am afraid to use it on highways [you can feel the light, tinny build] and it is hopeless as a beater / commuter car as one or the other dent / scratch keeps cropping up every month .

Last edited by Sheel : 21st September 2020 at 12:09.
Sheel is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:04   #335
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with you @ Sheel.
My 2018 Dec Baleno Alpha is facing the same issues.
The flimsy build gives sleepless nights and even falling fruits has destroyed its sheet metal completely with many small dents.

Even a flying pebble of the smaller nature, a person of medium build or a small fruit is capable of serious dents on the car. And unfortunately, I have borne the brunt of all of these!!
arnabchak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:54   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have spent ~13,xxx kms with my April 2018 Swift ZXi+.
And, I am extremely disappointed with MUL's flimsy build and thin paint quality.
For my all other purposes of buying the Swift, it fits the role to a T, but am sick of this issue. So much so, that I think I will use it less. I am afraid to use it on highways [you can feel the light, tinny build] and it is hopeless as a beater car as one or the other dent / scratch keeps cropping up every month .
Which other Hatchback comes to your mind which is as good an all-rounder like Swift? It has everything to it albeit the built quality. Neither have they bought the ex showroom lower to justify the thinner metal sheet. This was and will be the only reason I would never go back to a Maruti Car. Not like they don't have the resources, Brezza and S Cross were decently built and they could have manufactured Swift on the same lines. In my test drive of Swift, during a turn at relatively higher speed (90-100KMPH) the car felt very unsafe. One can never be confident in it unless he or she is ignorant.

However the problem is, in this segment there are hardly any other cars which satisfies most parameters. Figo another capable car but looking at few service centers shutting down business, as an owner of one it worries me. Liva has gone out of production. Nios 1.0 Turbo remains the only better option however it is too soon to say that.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 10th August 2020 at 18:58.
Old 11th August 2020, 19:37   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Which other Hatchback comes to your mind which is as good an all-rounder like Swift?
However the problem is, in this segment there are hardly any other cars which satisfies most parameters.
If someone is not willing to look beyond Maruti, I felt the under-rated Ignis is a good city car or a beater alternative to Swift. It feels better built when compared to Baleno, Swift. However, all this at the compromise of space.

A general observation is that all the new. gen Maruti cars have comparatively not so abuse friendly body panels compared to the previous generation cars. Applies to Alto, Wagon R as well. Celerio, Eeco are the exceptions, as they haven't enrolled into the weight-loss program.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 14:24   #338
BHPian

@Sheel: Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm extremely careful about maintaining my car, where I park and who drives. But no matter what I do, I end up with shallow dents and scratches.

The other day I found on the RHS fender panel next to the bonnet; so freaking irritating.

Its so unfortunate that aside from this, its an excellent car. No complaints whatsoever.
qr20de is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 19:52   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Retain your Gen-1 Swift ZXi. They don't make them like they used to. The first generation SWIFT'S handling dynamics are much sportier than the latest generation car. Because the first gen Swift's had a rear anti-roll bar which is lacking in the latest version.
I know this is an old post but I wanted to mention that the new swifts do come with anti-roll bar in the rear.

From my research (online) it seems Maruti Suzuki stopped putting a anti-roll bar in second generation swifts.

Here's a picture of the anti-roll bar on my 2019 Swift.Maruti Swift : Official Review-20200720_130559_resize_57.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd October 2020 at 03:56. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
ChrisTJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 12:02   #340

Hello Swift Owners

I want to update on the mod done in my 2018 swift. Being one of the prominent car manufacturers knowing Indian conditions, Maruti ignored providing underbody protection.

One fine day, I was casually reading articles in Team-bhp then came across a post by Leoshashi regarding an underbody protection mod for his XL6. After reading the post, I noted the part number and shared it with the Maruti service center to procure for my car. Without any surprises, this part is a direct fit for Swift. After this installation, there is some protection instead of an open gap and looks tidy underneath the car.

Part No : 72410M54T00

Kudos to Leoshashi for exploring this mod.Let some pictures do the talking.

Before Installation

Maruti Swift : Official Review-before.jpg

After Installation

Maruti Swift : Official Review-after-1.jpg
Maruti Swift : Official Review-after-2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th September 2020 at 16:43. Reason: Typos
Navs is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 14:04   #341
BHPian

Feb 2020 Swift VXi AMT. Update after 5000 kms:

- Car is performing it's daily duties well.
- Fuel economy has jumped up to ~19 kmpl.
- Have got transparent plastic floor mats installed.

So far so good!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 20:31   #342
BHPian

Did anyone face any clutch issues with the latest gen Swift petrol? a 2018 Vxi owner here.

The clutch generally doesn't feel as light as the previous gen model and starts to feel more rubbery/hard after being driven for 20 - 30 kms within the city. After longer highway runs, its even more prominent and feels like the clutch of an older diesel car. I've had it checked multiple times in a couple of service centers in Bangalore and now even considering after market clutches that may be more consistent in their feel?

Any advise is most welcome!
Old 30th September 2020, 18:17   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navs View Post
I want to update on the mod done in my 2018 Swift. Being one of the prominent car manufacturers knowing Indian conditions, Maruti ignored providing underbody protection.

One fine day, I was casually reading articles in Team-BHP then came across a post by Leoshashi regarding an underbody protection mod for his XL6. After reading the post, I noted the part number and shared it with the Maruti service center to procure for my car. Without any surprises, this part is a direct fit for Swift. After this installation, there is some protection instead of an open gap and looks tidy underneath the car.

Part No : 72410M54T00
Hey Navs, this looks awesome. I've been trying to source this in Chennai from retailers but they don't have it in stock. Even Boodmo doesn't offer to sell it on their website.

Could you DM me the details? Thanks so much. I'd like to get more details on how you fit this.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd October 2020 at 03:56. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 30th September 2020, 18:40   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post

Could you DM me the details? Thanks so much. I'd like to get more details on how you fit this.
Hi qr20de

Happy to provide details, but I don't have the privilege to send a private message as I am Newbie to Teambhp.
Old 3rd October 2020, 00:58   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navs View Post
This is great, thanks for the part number and photos.

However, completely blocking the air flow to the oil sump might not be a good idea. Try drilling some holes or make angled vents beneath the sump for better cooling.

It might not cause any noticeable issues but seeing that none of the new cars come with this makes me think manufacturers decided not to put one for increased cooling. This is especially true if the car is used in stop and go city traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks