Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 07:50   #1411
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
I am not an expert here but I think this could be something to do with the conveyer belt. It could have got rusted and rubbing against the pulley.

Better have it inspected by Ford Service or a Trusted Mechanic.
I visited the Ford Service centre on Saturday and we figured out what the problem was.
The sound was coming from the purge valve. Got that replaced. I had extended warranty on the car so it did not cost anything.
In order to verify our diagnosis we compared it to the sound from the purge valve from other Ecosports parked in the service centre.
While there is a normal clicking sound that comes from the valve it is not something that you should hear inside the cabin.

It did help that I had a video recorded of the issue as well (the same one I posted on this thread).
nobetterID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 14:01   #1412
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Spotted on Test Sans Camouflage, Hints of New Turbo-petrol Engine ?

Quote:
the Ford EcoSport was speculated to go on sale with Mahindra’s mStallion turbo-petrol engine. And all thoughts are directed in this direction with these spy shots.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fordecosportspiedrear3quarters9b03_wm.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fordecosportspiedrearview7bc6_wm.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-fordecosportspiedsideview28eb_wm.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 21:36   #1413
BHPian

The last I heard, ford plant had to be shutdown due to shortage of semiconductor chips globally. Did they resume production?

Also, the link above shows mstallion engine may not be used since the JV fell apart. That begs the question - what gasoline engine will they launch with?

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2021, 11:05   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Also, the link above shows mstallion engine may not be used since the JV fell apart. That begs the question - what gasoline engine will they launch with?

Thanks.
It is still likely that the mStallion engine will be launched on the Ecosport. Even though the JV fell apart, certain aspects of collaboration including joint development and engine sharing is still very much on the cards according to news reports which were doing the rounds. Ecoboost engine is no longer viable to be reintroduced in the Ecosport due to high customs duties and other reasons.
Old 17th February 2021, 09:45   #1415
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Thunder MT, Don’t understand why does Ford constantly change the variant lineup so often!
What feature that Thunder MT diesel gets over S variant? Is Ford taking booking on Thunder variant? Ford website has not yet updated on Thunder features.
Old 17th February 2021, 10:14   #1416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
What feature that Thunder MT diesel gets over S variant? Is Ford taking booking on Thunder variant? Ford website has not yet updated on Thunder features.
The Thunder MT was a limited edition and has now been discontinued. As for features it got nothing over the S variant.

It was based on the Titanium trim with price same as Titanium+, when it was available.
Old 17th February 2021, 10:27   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
What feature that Thunder MT diesel gets over S variant? Is Ford taking booking on Thunder variant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Thunder MT was a limited edition and has now been discontinued. As for features it got nothing over the S variant.
The Thunder edition was not really comparable to the S version in terms of features. As far as I am aware, the Thunder edition had only cosmetic enhancements e.g. the blackened hood and wheel cover, some interior bits and bobs etc. The Thunder edition itself came as a replacement/successor to the (discontinued) Signature variant which was offered at the time of initial launch of the face-lifted Ecosport in 2017.

I believe the Thunder variant is now discontinued.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 17th February 2021 at 10:36.
Old 18th February 2021, 08:32   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Owners of the 2020/2021 Ecosport, a quick question.

Yesterday, I noticed that the back seat rests on my 2020 TDCI S version, i.e. the upper vertical portion of the seat (which have a 60-40 split) are not fastened/locked in their upright positions. To explain what I am saying - the back seat-rests are not locked or secured in place in their upright position. Usually, there is a button/lock that one needs to press(usually situated on the top of the seats) which then unlocks the seat backs and then the seats can be folded down. In my car, there does not seem to be any such button locking the seat back in place. As a result, the seat back can be folded down with just a gentle pull at any point in time, they are never locked in place. There is only a small strap at the top of the back seat using which the seat can be pulled down.

This seems to be a clear design flaw in my eyes. Can other owners confirm that it is the same in their cars? I did some googling and it seems that earlier versions of the Ecosport (even till a year or more back), had seat back unlocking buttons. These (or any other kind of locking mechanism) seem to be missing on the most recent versions, which is very surprising. Not sure why they would remove the locking button! Am I missing something?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th February 2021 at 08:36.
Old 18th February 2021, 09:01   #1419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

Yesterday, I noticed that the back seat rests on my 2020 TDCI S version, i.e. the upper vertical portion of the seat (which have a 60-40 split) are not fastened/locked in their upright positions. To explain what I am saying - the back seat-rests are not locked or secured in place in their upright position. Usually, there is a button/lock that one needs to press(usually situated on the top of the seats) which then unlocks the seat backs and then the seats can be folded down. In my car, there does not seem to be any such button locking the seat back in place. As a result, the seat back can be folded down with just a gentle pull at any point in time, they are never locked in place. There is only a small strap at the top of the back seat using which the seat can be pulled down.
Earlier versions had the recline rear seats, so I am not sure if you are talking about that or not. Recline option is not there in the new version if I am not wrong. Regarding the locking mechanism, there is a strap beside the seats which actually helps in tip and tumble of the rear seats. The straps work in two pronged action for the locking mechanism.

You need to pull the strap out for movement of your choice and then release the strap for locking. Hope that helps.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 10:34   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

There is only a small strap at the top of the back seat using which the seat can be pulled down.
Am I missing something?
The strap itself is the release button mate. Pulling the strap up opens the lock. To slot the seat it back in, in a new car, you will need to slam that poor seat back real hard, at least thats what i had to do when my car was brand new. If I didn't slam it hard, it kept falling down when i was driving. Now it slots back in without much effort.
carriage.retorq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 11:59   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
The strap itself is the release button mate. Pulling the strap up opens the lock. To slot the seat it back in, in a new car, you will need to slam that poor seat back real hard, at least thats what i had to do when my car was brand new. If I didn't slam it hard, it kept falling down when i was driving. Now it slots back in without much effort.
That's right. The strap itself is the release button as I see it on my 2020 TDCi Ecosport. Even I faced the issue of seats not locking back in place even after slamming real hard when the car was new and we were trying out how 60:40 split seats work. Apparently, there was some mis-alignment of latch (only for the left rear seat; the right rear one was locking smoothly). It was corrected during the first service. HTH.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 22:30   #1422
BHPian

Fellow owners of the 2020/21 Ecosport
I noticed something strange the other day while parking. It seems that in my vehicle the doors can be opened without the driver actually pressing the unlock button, while the car is still running. Is this a known feature/issue or a one-off in my case?

TIA
Old 21st February 2021, 22:45   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Fellow owners of the 2020/21 Ecosport
I noticed something strange the other day while parking. It seems that in my vehicle the doors can be opened without the driver actually pressing the unlock button, while the car is still running. Is this a known feature/issue or a one-off in my case?

TIA
That's the feature.

Locking only prevents from opening the door from outside.

If you have a child sitting on the rear seat, I strictly recommend putting on the child lock.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 23:20   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
That's the feature.

Locking only prevents from opening the door from outside.

If you have a child sitting on the rear seat, I strictly recommend putting on the child lock.
Thanks, I'm quite surprised by this. Is this the case even when the vehicle is moving faster than 20 kmph?

I shall definitely make sure to put on the child lock in the case of any children sitting at the back.
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:28   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
If I didn't slam it hard, it kept falling down when i was driving. Now it slots back in without much effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
Even I faced the issue of seats not locking back in place even after slamming real hard when the car was new and we were trying out how 60:40 split seats work.
Thanks guys. A proper hard slam back ensured that both seat backs were locked into place. Now, no loose seat backs and no irritating rattling sound due to the seats being loose. Enjoying a quiet and refined ride without unnecessary noises

That said, it is stupidity to remove the locking button on the top of the seat backs, which were very much there in earlier variants, and which is a much more convenient and elegant solution for seat back mobility. Completely unnecessary deletion of a basic feature by Ford.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks