Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2018, 13:47   #676
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Hey,

You are not the only one here. My T+ AT also makes this whistling noise at low speeds. This noice isn't very loud and we are well insulated with windows closed.
I have a T+ AT from end August 2018. I've been trying to hear if any whistling sound exists - both with windows down & up - since reading this post - but can't hear anything special. The engine sounds normal to me.
Old 25th December 2018, 11:17   #677
BHPian

Got home our Diamond White 1.5 Titanium+ AT. Moving from a manual Verna, all excited to munch miles on the Ecosport.

Got the vehicle delivered from Chennai Ford, Arumbakkam, Chennai. OTR was Rs 13,30,000. Got a decent 54K discount from the list price.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-ecosport.png
ramprakashr is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 22:28   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Question from a friend who is an aspiring bhpian.

Please respond.
Guys - any luck with this? Hasn't anyone tried or did some checks?
Old 26th December 2018, 12:58   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Got home our Diamond White 1.5 Titanium+ AT.
Attachment 1830721
Congratulations ramprakashr. Wishing you tens of thousands of safe kilometers in this great car.
heinrici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 20:00   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Got home our Diamond White 1.5 Titanium+ AT. Moving from a manual Verna, all excited to munch miles on the Ecosport.

Got the vehicle delivered from Chennai Ford, Arumbakkam, Chennai. OTR was Rs 13,30,000. Got a decent 54K discount from the list price.

Attachment 1830721

https://www.loveford.com/blogs/621/u...addle-shifter/

I never really found a truly useful purpose for the paddle shifter on my vehicle. It always seemed cool that I had the option to switch into semi-manual mode, but I used it very rarely and mainly just for fun. It wasn’t until I was speaking with one of our sales people about my fuel economy that a light went off and I realized a very practical purpose for that paddle shifter. By constantly up shifting, you can significantly improve your fuel economy.

The concept is simple enough, putting your vehicle into a higher gear keeps the engine running at lower RPMs. Though it makes the driving experience a little less fun (i.e less fast) it really does force the vehicle to get better fuel economy. I was always frustrated that my car only got 21-23 MPG. However, I live in the mountains so this was pretty understandable. Still, I always wanted to see my dash display the 25-30 MPG that’s estimated for the vehicle. Once I started utilizing the paddle shifter in this way, I immediately noticed a jump up to 26-28 MPG, even when driving up mountain switchbacks. Though it may not seem like much, as someone who drives almost 250 miles per week, this slight increase in fuel economy will end up saving me about 3 gallons of gas per week. Additionally, as I became more comfortable using the paddle shifter, I realized I can also go much easier on my brakes by down shifting during downhill driving by allowing me to slow the car without constantly riding the brakes.

For those who are used to driving manual, this may seem pretty obvious. However, many of us who have a paddle shifter in an automatic vehicle don’t realize the level of control it allows us to have over our driving experience. The beauty is that even for us automatic drivers, we can experiment with manual shifting without he fear of doing damage to the transmission. The car will take over and switch gears when necessary, giving you the freedom of a manual transmission with a built in safety net.
proton is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 20:26   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
For those who are used to driving manual, this may seem pretty obvious. However, many of us who have a paddle shifter in an automatic vehicle don’t realize the level of control it allows us to have over our driving experience.
Thank you very much for sharing this. I'm going through all of this now as a part of my getting used to automatic transmission and I am really not confident of crossing speeds of 60KMPH, given the over reliance on just the brakes to bring the vehicle to a halt.

What is adding to this is I live on GST Road here and my office is in the same stretch, and that means I have to drive to and back work through highways that passes through the city. It's an intermediary state, where you have to accelerate at some spots and then there comes a share auto or a bus stop or a lazy cow trying to cross the road.

I am just trying to make use of the paddle shifters to downshift for now. The idea of upshifting for fuel efficiency looks interesting. Shall try. Thank you for sharing, again.
Old 28th December 2018, 14:42   #682
Senior - BHPian

My EcoSport T+ AT has done 1800 kms, first service due by January last week. Low fuel warning lit up yesterday, filled half tank. Did 20 kms after that. The fuel gauge is correctly showing half full, but the low fuel warning is not going out.

What to do? Disconnect the battery?
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181228_144058.jpg  

Old 29th December 2018, 14:34   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
My EcoSport T+ AT has done 1800 kms, first service due by January last week. Low fuel warning lit up yesterday, filled half tank. Did 20 kms after that. The fuel gauge is correctly showing half full, but the low fuel warning is not going out.

What to do? Disconnect the battery?
Most forums say it is a symptom of low battery. Since your car is new, please revert to dealer service.

Quote:

Attachment 1830721
I have just picked up the same colour and model! One hour ago.

Apparently export version of ambiente, trend and titanium all have automatic 6 speed as option, even with ecoboost. I would have picked ambiente+automatic+multilevel cargo management:

https://www.carsguide.com.au/ford/ec...nissan-qashqai

Now we know how Ford steers buyers towards top end models.

Last edited by proton : 29th December 2018 at 14:36.
proton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 02:41   #684
BHPian

checkout the hypersonic infotainment system at around 16:00 mins in the video. Useful for those going for the lower variants of the ecosport
oli.ferns is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 19:11   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
checkout the hypersonic infotainment system at around 16:00 mins in the video. Useful for those going for the lower variants of the ecosport
Wonder after retrofitting units like these features like Emergency Assist, Sync & Reverse sensor display will work or not. Also how much is the approx price for these units. This didnt seem to be a reputed brand either. Maybe they are importing these in bulk from Alibaba / Aliexpress and selling here for a premium.

Last edited by ampere : 6th January 2019 at 13:56. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 4th January 2019, 13:41   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Hi Folks,

I own Ecosport Titanium+ AT for about 10 month. Right from day 1, I have noticed some kind of hissing noise from the engine while accelerating and Deaccelrating at lower RPMS. The noise is something similar to whistling inside the engine. The noise is not noticeable with the windows rolled UP however when the windows are roller DOWN the noise is easily noticeable.

Please share your thoughts and ideas.
Please see how i solved noise problem of AC pump:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4522099 (Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review)
Old 4th January 2019, 14:42   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Wonder after retrofitting units like these features like Emergency Assist, Sync & Reverse sensor display will work or not. Also how much is the approx price for these units. This didnt seem to be a reputed brand either. Maybe they are importing these in bulk from Alibaba / Aliexpress and selling here for a premium.

Emergency Assist is a part of the Sync system IIRC and hence anyway isn't available on the lower variants. Reverse camera / sensor should not be a problem to interface.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 13:49   #688

Hello Everybody, I am looking to buy the 1.5L Petrol Ecosport Manual transmission. But my friends are advising me against it saying the Ecosport Petrol has a very low Fuel Efficiency. Can any facelift Ecosport MT Petrol owner who has run the car for around 6 months please advise me what is the fuel efficiency that you are getting. Thanks, Venkat
Old 6th January 2019, 08:27   #689
BHPian

Hey guys, got a quick question, what could be the depreciation of a 2018 vehicle? I'm planning to buy one for 3 years and will sell it off at the end of 3 years. The best on road pricing I'm getting with a 2018 August model is 13.15, not sure if I should just wait for few more weeks and just buy a 2019 model.
Old 6th January 2019, 08:53   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.krishnan View Post
Hello Everybody, I am looking to buy the 1.5L Petrol Ecosport Manual transmission. But my friends are advising me against it saying the Ecosport Petrol has a very low Fuel Efficiency. Can any facelift Ecosport MT Petrol owner who has run the car for around 6 months please advise me what is the fuel efficiency that you are getting. Thanks, Venkat
I have petrol AT version. I am getting about 10 kmpl before first service, with sedate driving (includes city and highway). Manual has a better ARAI score, should give 12 kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks