Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2018, 15:38   #661
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Thanks Ravi, this is helpful. However, if one does want to upgrade the lights without spending thousands on some high end setup, will a simple switch to 100/90 headlamps with relay wiring work on these projector headlamps? Or is this some fancy headlight set up which does not allow for such simple mods?

All I had to do on my Swift was to upgrade the headlamp bulbs to Philips 100/90, with a total cost of Rs. 1500, and all poor lighting woes disappeared. Wondering if the same thing is possible on the Ecosport.
I wouldn't recommend going with 100/90 on any headlamp, especially on a projector. H7 4300K 35W HID conversion kit works very well on EcoSport low beam. I have the same setup on my car. Its a brilliant investment.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 20:39   #662
BHPian

Hey guys, I’m in the market for an automatic car with ground clearance and power. Fuel economy isn’t a factor.

So far I’ve narrowed down to

Ford Eco Sport AT, Maruti Ignis and the Tata Nexon diesel/petrol AT

Questions about the Eco Sport,
1. How good is the feedback on the automatic? I’ll test drive one soon but does it feel under powered?
2. Also is there an option for the sunroof on the automatic version?
3. Can we upgrade the internal sound system including the speakers and if yes, does it void the warranty?
Old 8th December 2018, 21:02   #663
BHPian

Hi,
I bought an Ecosport Titanium Plus AT recently after extensive research. So may be I can help.
Better car around 10L? Well, you need to elaborate your requirements requirements a bit more. Since you are considering Ecosport AT, I will assume that you are looking for Petrol automatics only.

Ecosport AT: Low mileage. Low on space. Ride quality ok. It handles rought surfaces well, but when left and right wheels face different obstacles, the whole car topples left right. May be the suspensions are not independent?
On plus side, car feels very solid. Probably better than any other in its price range. I like the steering very much. Large touchscreen is also useful. Both front and rear seats have superb thigh support. ORVMs have good visibility. For hills, you can use the LO mode.

Jazz CVT: Has rubber band effect. Rear seat thigh support is poor. Engine is super smooth. Front seats are very comfortable. I might have picked it if it had better rear seats.

Duster CVT: Very well priced. But feels really sluggish. Some essentials like driver seat height adjustment are missing. Ride quality is the best you can get.

Nexon: Overall a good package. I rejected because of lack of 6 airbags, and AMT. Also the seats were not to my liking. It may suit you.
But if it is space that you are really looking for, then better to go with sedans. In your budget, you get Ciaz AT and Sunny CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
Hi all, I drive Ford Figo Petrol at present (I bought reading a thread on Teambhp only) and its a swell car but want to move now to a bigger car. I am contemplating buying a Eco Sport 1.5L Petrol AT. (I stay in Mumbai, so ..) but not sure about two things:
1. Is there a better car available around 10 lakhs . I am not a Maruti fan so no Brezza for me
2. If Ecosport is the one, should i go for 1 L Ecoboost engine or 1.5L Dragon engine?

I drive to Pune/Panchgini once a month and would like to make long trips in this car. I like powerful cars, not the ones that drag on a climb. FE is not that much of a concern as I drive only on weekends and there is not much running for the car.

Is Ford Eco sport a good car for hills? Is it the best pick for the budget I mentioned?

Please help !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Hey guys, I'm in the market for an automatic car with ground clearance and power. Fuel economy isn't a factor.

So far I've narrowed down to
Ford Eco Sport AT, Maruti Ignis and the Tata Nexon diesel/petrol AT

Questions about the Eco Sport,
1. How good is the feedback on the automatic? I'll test drive one soon but does it feel under powered?
2. Also is there an option for the sunroof on the automatic version?
3. Can we upgrade the internal sound system including the speakers and if yes, does it void the warranty?
I recently got Ecosport Titanium plus AT, and it does feel underpowered to me. Although to be fair, I drive only in the D mode, not S mode.

No sunroof on automatic versions.

No idea about sound system upgrade.
------------------------------------------------

Has Ecosport been crash tested by NCAP? With nexon scoring a 5 star, Ecosport should really not be lower.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 8th December 2018 at 22:41. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please edit or multi-quote instead of back to back posts
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 12:24   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Hi,
I bought an Ecosport Titanium Plus AT recently after extensive research. So may be I can help.
Better car around 10L? Well, you need to elaborate your requirements requirements a bit more. Since you are considering Ecosport AT, I will assume that you are looking for Petrol automatics only.

Ecosport AT: Low mileage. Low on space. Ride quality ok. It handles rought surfaces well, but when left and right wheels face different obstacles, the whole car topples left right. May be the suspensions are not independent?

On plus side, car feels very solid. Probably better than any other in its price range. I like the steering very much. Large touchscreen is also useful. Both front and rear seats have superb thigh support. ORVMs have good visibility. For hills, you can use the LO mode.

Nexon: Overall a good package. I rejected because of lack of 6 airbags, and AMT. Also the seats were not to my liking. It may suit you.

I recently got Ecosport Titanium plus AT, and it does feel underpowered to me. Although to be fair, I drive only in the D mode, not S mode.

No sunroof on automatic versions.

No idea about sound system upgrade.
I’m looking for an automatic and well powered car that’s fairly new to the 2018 age unlike the Duster. Space isn’t an issue because it will be single driven or two people as it’s mostly for commuting through the high traffic within the city and driven on ORR. I don’t mind if it is a diesel or petrol. However looking for something with a little high ground clearance because I’m tall and it will be easier to get into. Creta is off the list because we already have in the family.
Old 12th December 2018, 12:51   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I’m looking for an automatic and well powered car that’s fairly new to the 2018 age unlike the Duster. Space isn’t an issue because it will be single driven or two people as it’s mostly for commuting through the high traffic within the city and driven on ORR. I don’t mind if it is a diesel or petrol. However looking for something with a little high ground clearance because I’m tall and it will be easier to get into. Creta is off the list because we already have in the family.
Nexon it is, eyes closed. Safest, highest GC, supports AMT, 10-12KMPL for petrol/diesel not checked in city. If not going for highest model, XMA is a real gem to own, assuming this is not the primary car for your need. Else go with highest model XZA+. Fairly new since launched near end of 2017.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 23:11   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Question from a friend who is an aspiring bhpian.
Quote:
What's the best Synthetic engine for EcoSport 1.5L Dragon series Petrol engine ? And preferred grade ?
Please respond.
Old 16th December 2018, 09:13   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've owned both Ecosport AT and currently have a Nexon XMA. Both have their pros and cons, but you can't go wrong with either product.
You'll like the Ford for its shift quality, smoothness, handling and subtle ergonomic details.
You'll like the Nexon for the space, ride quality and hidden nifty features.
Choose either!

Having experienced all other similar and larger products, my opinion is that these two offer the maximum value and peace of mind.
roy_libran is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 04:59   #668
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I own Ecosport Titanium+ AT for about 10 month. Right from day 1, I have noticed some kind of hissing noise from the engine while accelerating and Deaccelrating at lower RPMS. The noise is something similar to whistling inside the engine. The noise is not noticeable with the windows rolled UP however when the windows are roller DOWN the noise is easily noticeable.

It's very annoying and embarrassing driving the vehicle with the noise especially in quiet places like parking in Malls. I checked with Ford on this and they compared it with another AT test drive vehicle and noticed similar noise but it was hard to notice without paying close attention.

After raising the issue with Ford India, they replaced a pulley which is attached to the engine which rolls the axle. But it's been 4 months since replacing the part and i'm still hearing the noise and now the noise is even more loud and annoying.

Hence I have decided to give the car back to dealer and get the money back and request ford india to provide a diesel car in exchange.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed this hissing noise in their Petrol AT engines>

And will Ford agree to return the money given the fact there is noise from the engine.

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Last edited by udayjani : 17th December 2018 at 05:01.
Old 17th December 2018, 09:04   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
I own Ecosport Titanium+ AT for about 10 month. Right from day 1, I have noticed some kind of hissing noise from the engine while accelerating and Deaccelrating at lower RPMS.
Hey,

You are not the only one here. My T+ AT also makes this whistling noise at low speeds. This noice isn't very loud and we are well insulated with windows closed. During the first service I complained about it to the service advisor. During the service, he checked another T+ AT which was at the service center and reported noticing the same sound in that car as well. Although I was reluctant, he convinced me it was not an issue. I haven't faced any problems before or after and I have learned to live with it.
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 12:25   #670
Senior - BHPian

Anyone owning the manual version of the 1.5 Dragon engine? Could they shed some light on what is the fuel efficiency figures that they are getting in the city and highway respectively?

There are may conflicting reports through the forum where abysmally low as well as respectable fuel efficiency figures are being reported. But these are mostly about the AT variant. Couldn't find specific information relating to the manual tranny.

Any feedback on the manual transmission petrol variants?
Old 20th December 2018, 14:11   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Anyone owning the manual version of the 1.5 Dragon engine? Could they shed some light on what is the fuel efficiency figures that they are getting in the city and highway respectively?

There are may conflicting reports through the forum where abysmally low as well as respectable fuel efficiency figures are being reported. But these are mostly about the AT variant. Couldn't find specific information relating to the manual tranny.

Any feedback on the manual transmission petrol variants?
As per Autocar Ecosport/Nexon comparo
Link is this-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...parison-406751
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181220_140132.jpg  

Old 21st December 2018, 02:03   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Hi Folks,

I own Ecosport Titanium+ AT for about 10 month. Right from day 1, I have noticed some kind of hissing noise from the engine while accelerating and Deaccelrating at lower RPMS. The noise is something similar to whistling inside the engine. The noise is not noticeable with the windows rolled UP however when the windows are roller DOWN the noise is easily noticeable.

It's very annoying and embarrassing driving the vehicle with the noise especially in quiet places like parking in Malls. I checked with Ford on this and they compared it with another AT test drive vehicle and noticed similar noise but it was hard to notice without paying close attention.

After raising the issue with Ford India, they replaced a pulley which is attached to the engine which rolls the axle. But it's been 4 months since replacing the part and i'm still hearing the noise and now the noise is even more loud and annoying.

Hence I have decided to give the car back to dealer and get the money back and request ford india to provide a diesel car in exchange.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed this hissing noise in their Petrol AT engines>

And will Ford agree to return the money given the fact there is noise from the engine.

Please share your thoughts and ideas.
Most Indian cars have this problem as the parts in question are sourced from a common supplier. The culprit is the steering pump or air conditioner pump which is pulley driven. The shafts rub against a seal causing the noise. To check, you can spray wd40 in the running engine and watch the sound stop. Both my Versa as well as my Chevy Beat hiss when started up and driven. These solution is to change the pump which the ASS will refuse to do since it is not a functioning error.

Last edited by proton : 21st December 2018 at 02:03. Reason: Added text
proton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 03:25   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Most Indian cars have this problem as the parts in question are sourced from a common supplier. The culprit is the steering pump or air conditioner pump which is pulley driven. The shafts rub against a seal causing the noise. To check, you can spray wd40 in the running engine and watch the sound stop. Both my Versa as well as my Chevy Beat hiss when started up and driven. These solution is to change the pump which the ASS will refuse to do since it is not a functioning error.
Proton,

My Dealer Chennai Ford, changed the water pump pulley under warranty in July this year however the was problem wasn't address and in fact the noise is loud at present.

I have raised this issue with Ford India requesting them to take the car back and return the money. They responded that they will send engineers from Ford Manufacturing plant in Chennai to the dealership once the initial diagnosis is completed. I have taken the car to the dealer and they told to leave the car overnight for the initial diagnosis. I have also got an email from Ford India for a recall due to some battery issue.

Ford has offered to give a loaner car until the car noise is fixed along with the other software and battery recall issues.

Given the fact the hissing noise is coming only during low RPM's, it's quite annoying. Although you don't hear it with the windows rolled UP however the people around laugh behind you with the noise coming out of the car.
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:58   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I wouldn't recommend going with 100/90 on any headlamp, especially on a projector. H7 4300K 35W HID conversion kit works very well on EcoSport low beam. I have the same setup on my car. Its a brilliant investment.
Can you share the details on the light upgrade. What is the cost, which brand and is there and cutting of wires etc involved?
Old 21st December 2018, 14:06   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Can you share the details on the light upgrade. What is the cost, which brand and is there and cutting of wires etc involved?
I got the kit from XenoPlanet and it set me back by 6000. Similar kits are available from Sinolyn and Iphcar on Aliexpress. I have
also upgraded by high beam to LED and they are very good.

You could also experiment with 4300K LED in the low beam.
Details of my light updates:

(Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here) Low beam and fogs, HID 35w, 4300K

(Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here) High beam, LED 52W, 4300K

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 21st December 2018 at 14:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks