Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2018, 18:23   #616
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Ecosport has had one of the best OEM designs for alloys since the start. Another one seen : Not sure if these are offered as option or standard yet.
This is the alloy wheel offering only the Signature variant that sits above the Titanium+ models. It actually adds a few features above the Titanium variant.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 14:17   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Make : Ford
Model : EcoSport
Variant : 1.5L Trend MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 04/09/2018
Color : Canyon Ridge
Price : Rs 9.65L OTR
Received the VIN yesterday. Decoded it to be October 2018 manufactured. Talk about freshly minted, right out of the oven!

MAJAXXMR * * JR * * * * *

J = 2018
R = October

(as per arunphilip's excellent Ford VIN decoding post)

Car has been dispatched from Sanand last Tuesday. It should be unloaded at my allotted dealership by Monday evening/Tuesday morning.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 14:05   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Car has been dispatched from Sanand last Tuesday. It should be unloaded at my allotted dealership by Monday evening/Tuesday morning.
Brought Falkor (Trend 1.5L MT petrol in Canyon Ridge shade) home yesterday.

Car had been unloaded on Monday evening but I was busy with office work and formalities so D-day was yesterday. The dealership experience was quite smooth, with the Vardhman Ford guys making us (me, my good friend and an office staff member) feel right at home as soon as we reached there. Falkor was covered and was standing on the showroom floor, which was a nice touch. They let me do our 30-point T-BHP PDI at my leisure. All was okay and they completed the formalities by lunch time.

30 minutes into our drive back home, and I was seriously tempted to drive past Bhilai straight through Nagpur to Pune and give the Ford engineers a pat on the back. The 1.5L Dragon is a seriously impressive engine, even better in response than the 1.5L iVTEC of my erstwhile Honda City. Sample this - more than once, I was enjoying the response of the Dragon which was cruising at 90+ kmph in the 3rd gear itself and I had forgotten to upshift! Even then, it was asking for more. The singing tune of the 1.5L Dragon reminded me of The NeverEnding Story more than once, so I decided to christen my new steed Falkor - after the flying luck dragon of the novel/film.

Some memories:

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181025_124409.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181025_132751.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181025_125919.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20181026wa0004.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181026_101018.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 00:08   #619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

30 minutes into our drive back home, and I was seriously tempted to drive past Bhilai straight through Nagpur to Pune and give the Ford engineers a pat on the back. [/center]
Considering the plant is in Chennai and not Pune, you would have to take a longer route.

Congrats on the Ford. What does this replace?
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 11:02   #620
BANNED

Ecosport Diesel Engine Mount Wrecked!!

Writing this post on the behalf of a friend Mr. Shailendra and seeking the suggestions from experts on the same, below are the pictures of the broken engine mount of Mr. Shailendra's car which is not even 6 months old and has only around 11,900 kms on odo:
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181027-09.47.49.jpeg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181027-10.14.55.jpeg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181027-10.20.10.jpeg

Right now the car is undergoing repairs at MGS Ford Lucknow, The car had engine mount broken and they have suggested that the engine as well as the gearbox mount have to be replaced. What is noticed:
  • Engine mount component failure
  • Service guys still starting the car - I believe that it can cause further consequential damages. In fact the service GM said to me over the phone that its not an issue at all to start such cars as the engine is still in its place. While my logic is simple that this increases the stress on the other mounts
What my suggestions are?
  • Get the inspection done by Ford engineers and look for the root cause, service guys can't check anything other than what is apparent to the eyes
  • It has been noticed by Mr. Shailendra that some hoses and pipes are also bent or got stuck under the engine - they also should be inspected and replaced as this is a consequential damage due to a component failure
Looking for further suggestions from you gentlemen, anything else that requires to be done?

Last edited by VKumar : 27th October 2018 at 11:08.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 17:34   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!! I love the looks of EcoSport in Canyon Ridge colour.

Since we don't get lower variants for test drive, could you please let us know how is the ride with 15 inch wheels? Our review says it will be better compared to higher variants. I would like to know how much better.

Also, how is the visibility with halogen headlamps at night?

Thanks in advance.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 19:07   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Considering the plant is in Chennai and not Pune, you would have to take a longer route.
Ahh! I forgot the Chennai connection. I blame Tata and Ford for the bungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Congrats on the Ford. What does this replace?
Thanks, Viddy.

No replacements. This is an officially sanctioned car so it joins the Tiago, XUV & Nexon in the garage. Will be used for touring and job-related activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
Congratulations!! I love the looks of EcoSport in Canyon Ridge colour.
Thank you.

Quote:
Since we don't get lower variants for test drive, could you please let us know how is the ride with 15 inch wheels? Our review says it will be better compared to higher variants. I would like to know how much better.
Ride is indeed better than the 17-inchers of the higher variants. Ride quality is quite smooth and you won't feel the uneven undulations of small craters and speedbreakers when you go over them. Larger ones make their presence felt, however.

I think the best option would be the 205 sections of the Trend+ & Titanium variants, just for better grip. That said, I haven't had a chance to check the grip levels of these 15-inchers in detail so can't comment on that just yet, but from what I have experienced so far, it's quite decent.

Quote:
Also, how is the visibility with halogen headlamps at night?
Visibility is actually okay. The high-beam throw is decent but the low beam is average. A bulb change is recommended. I am on the lookout for a good option for the foglamp sections as well - the OEM set costs 12,000 bucks!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th October 2018 at 19:09. Reason: spacing
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 19:06   #623
BHPian

After the recent software update, I see that there is a loss of pickup power but the mileage has increased. Previously, while driving on open roads the car used to rush towards 3 digit speeds and the mileage would be around 10 kmpl. But now, I feel it has become lethargic, but the mileage is around 13 kmpl. Anyone experience the same? My car is Petrol T+AT.
Old 29th October 2018, 19:25   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
After the recent software update, I see that there is a loss of pickup power but the mileage has increased. Previously, while driving on open roads the car used to rush towards 3 digit speeds and the mileage would be around 10 kmpl. But now, I feel it has become lethargic, but the mileage is around 13 kmpl. Anyone experience the same? My car is Petrol T+AT.
I have the exact opposite feedback post the software update. I feel that the car is more responsive, sticks longer to a gear and the mileage has remained unchanged.
Old 31st October 2018, 15:05   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I have the exact opposite feedback post the software update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
After the recent software update,
suku_patel_22 and gopalnt, was this software update done as part of a regular scheduled service? I did the 1st service last week but this was not done for me. How does this process work?
Old 31st October 2018, 19:56   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on getting Falkor home! How do you find the Ecosport vis-a-vis your Nexon, especially in terms of (a) ride quality and (b) engine performance?
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 21:23   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
suku_patel_22 and gopalnt, was this software update done as part of a regular scheduled service? I did the 1st service last week but this was not done for me. How does this process work?
There was a recall for fixing some issue with timing belt pretensioner. The PCM(power train control module) was updated.

The update was done at the start of September.
Old 9th November 2018, 11:37   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Congratulations on getting Falkor home! How do you find the Ecosport vis-a-vis your Nexon, especially in terms of (a) ride quality and (b) engine performance?
Thank you.

Ride quality is better in the Nexon. It feels more planted and can take road imperfections better (thicker tyres + suspension setup). However, the seat lacks lower back support and is softer so you will end up with some discomfort after a long drive. The EcoSport Trend has comparatively thinner tyres and the suspension is stiff so road undulations filter into the cabin, plus body roll is a bit more. But the seats are designed better and provide good lumbar support, hence longer drives don't take their toll on your body.

Also, the cabin of the Nexon makes you feel that everything is closed around you. Like a cocoon. The EcoSport's cabin feels more freer. Headroom is slightly more in the Ford.

Will post a comparative pictorial soon.

Comparing engine performance would be tough - the Nexon diesel really shines post 1700RPM in "Sport" mode, and it's really strong mid-range makes highway driving a breeze. The EcoSport petrol has a fantastic Dragon under its hood, and even in 3rd gear, it goes past 100kmph without breaking a sweat! The engine sound is sweet music at those speeds. Only when you touch the clutch pedal, you are reminded that it's a 3-cylinder thrum, due to the small vibration which is felt. Everything else is sheer bliss.

Summing up in one line - if it has to be petrol, it's the EcoSport. If diesel, the Nexon. Both choices eyes closed.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 19:49   #629
BHPian

Thinking of getting the Ecosport Titanium+ AT. I'm personally not a fan of the spare wheel being mounted on the tailgate. The rear would look so much more clean without it.

Removing the spare alone would make the rear look weird.
Is there any way to get the tailgate from the international version and fit it on this?
Need your advice on this.
Old 12th November 2018, 18:06   #630
BHPian

Just back from a Pune-Goa trip. We went via Anmod ghat and back via Chorla ghat. Both routes were good - though Chorla was better and more scenic. The car was driven hard both ways - did not disappoint - I am very impressed with engine + gearbox combo (this is a Titanium+ petrol automatic). In a gist, the engine and gearbox is designed for driveability and *not* for fuel economy. If you want FE look elsewhere. I got a FE of around 12. Acceleration especially in gears 3,4,5 is strong and sustained. Never felt wanting during the ghat overtakes. Didn't use the paddle shifters at all - just a tap on the accelerator is enough to drop a gear. A harder tap drops two or more gears - used this a couple times with the rpm hitting 4.5K. We did a lot of stop-go traffic in north Goa - the FE during that was around 6.
heinrici is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks