Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2019, 14:27   #436
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Yes, I received an SMS and a call from Skoda confirming my booking. When I called them, they could not help me any further in terms of confirming if the vehicle assigned to my booking has been shipped or not. All they could say is that they can reconfirm the booking in my name.. very helpful!

Update: The car is being delivered today evening. The dealer has shared the pictures. They claim that the car is from the first lot of MY20 Kodiaq and has some minor changes like SKODA written in large letters on the boot lid (don't know if it is good or bad!). I have not heard of any facelift being launched, but getting the year 2020 model feels good.

The Temporary registration will take a few days due to weekend and Diwali holidays, don't know if I can use the car with the dealer plate..?
Old 25th October 2019, 14:34   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
The Temporary registration will take a few days due to weekend and Diwali holidays, don't know if I can use the car with the dealer plate..?
Congratulations on the new acquisition. A very good looking & capable car indeed. Love it.

No - don't drive around with temp plates. Ideally - the dealer shouldn't be releasing the car from showroom in fact. The regulation states that a car should not be delivered without registration & HSRP affixed to it. If they still give it, don't use it. Keep it parked till HSRP is affixed. It needs to be done with rivets & you won't be able to do it as a DIY unless you have the rivet crimp tool.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 14:41   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition. A very good looking & capable car indeed. Love it.

No - don't drive around with temp plates. Ideally - the dealer shouldn't be releasing the car from showroom in fact. The regulation states that a car should not be delivered without registration & HSRP affixed to it. If they still give it, don't use it. Keep it parked till HSRP is affixed. It needs to be done with rivets & you won't be able to do it as a DIY unless you have the rivet crimp tool.
Thanks! I have been driving the dealer provided demo Kodiaq for about a month now with the dealer plate, in Delhi as well as Gurgaon. maybe I was lucky!
Also the registration and HSRP would take a few weeks here, I can see a lot of cars with Temp number plates driving around, don't think it will be possible for me to wait
Any suggestions on the exterior treatment, Iam considering the 3M PPF.
Old 25th October 2019, 14:47   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah I see. Then the rules are working differently in different parts of India. Not a surprise as such. If you know it is fine, then why not use.
Quote:
Any suggestions on the exterior treatment, Iam considering the 3M PPF.
Yes thats good. There is a "self-healing" type also. I think named "VentureShield" or something. Have a look & take a quote for it. A good little utility. Minor scratches in it, get self-repaired when car stands in sunlight as the film softens and flattens in heat.

Will be quite costly - but for a car like Kodiaq you might want to consider depending on budget. It works for sure. Look for it on TBHP. I think a moderator tried it on his car & results were very good.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 16:51   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Update: The car is being delivered today evening. The dealer has shared the pictures. They claim that the car is from the first lot of MY20 Kodiaq and has some minor changes like SKODA written in large letters on the boot lid (don't know if it is good or bad!). I have not heard of any facelift being launched, but getting the year 2020 model feels good.
Congratulations! On Skoda in large letters, is it like in the Scout version?. Once you get the car, post a few pics!
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 10:31   #441
BHPian

After contemplating for a painful month on which vehicle to buy, going from Ecosport to BMW X1, I went ahead and bought a bear. L&K.
Like other users, specially @Sandeepsarma's post, inspired me to get white.

Got the September make, with door protectors
shrinath_m2 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 11:07   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Congratulations! On Skoda in large letters, is it like in the Scout version?. Once you get the car, post a few pics!
Received the car on Friday evening, can say it was certainly worth the wait.

Yes the large Skoda letters appear like that from the Scout version. Looks very good and certainly an upgrade from the Skoda badge at the same place in the previous version.
This also does not have the door protectors though :( but I would trade those for the new look anyday.

After having driven the scout version for a few weeks and comparing with the L&K I received, I personally do not regret spending extra. The virtual cockpit gives an amazing upgraded feel and the overall exterior styling is also premium.

Will explore the options for PPF or other exterior treatment and post a few pictures after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
After contemplating for a painful month on which vehicle to buy, going from Ecosport to BMW X1, I went ahead and bought a bear. L&K.
Like other users, specially @Sandeepsarma's post, inspired me to get white.

Got the September make, with door protectors
Congratulations! White certainly looks amazing on L&K

Last edited by Aditya : 30th October 2019 at 17:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 29th October 2019, 07:00   #443
BHPian

Quote:

Yes the large Skoda letters appear like that from the Scout version. Looks very good and certainly an upgrade from the Skoda badge at the same place in the previous version.
This also does not have the door protectors though :( but I would trade those for the new look anyday.

After having driven the scout version for a few weeks and comparing with the L&K I received, I personally do not regret spending extra. The virtual cockpit gives an amazing upgraded feel and the overall exterior styling is also premium.

Will explore the options for PPF or other exterior treatment and post a few pictures after that.
Congratulations on the L&K. Btw what tyres were given. I hope they are not MRF.
Please post us on the new updates and any issues you noticed.
I would recommend the ceramic coating. It has kept my Lava blue L&K looking new till date almost a year old now.
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 22:01   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
I would recommend the ceramic coating. It has kept my Lava blue L&K looking new till date almost a year old now.
Thanks!

The tyres are indeed MRF. All new Kodiaqs come with these for some time now. I did not find any difference in the ride quality as compared to the demo car I had for a few weeks sporting the Hankooks.

Iam leaning towards PPF as it appears to be maintenance free.
Old 30th October 2019, 18:56   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Happy driving...

Quote:
What else is different in looks apart from the big letters on boot?

Quote:
Of course this is awesome.
I am also getting used to the 360 camera which is certainly helping handle this big car. The park pilot with orange guidelines that show where exactly the car is headed in forward/reverse gear is proving to be really good in parking lots.

Quote:
PPF, like you said is maintenance free. I had it on my previous Polo, all around, and it never bothered me when my apartment washer washed it. Neither was I worried about other bikers/autos brushing past.
If you can afford it, certainly go for it. Pro/Ventureshield version will cost 1.5+ Lakhs apparently, without boot & roof being covered.

Quote:
Congratulations! White certainly looks amazing on L&K
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Quote:
Thanks!

The tyres are indeed MRF. All new Kodiaqs come with these for some time now. I did not find any difference in the ride quality as compared to the demo car I had for a few weeks sporting the Hankooks.
MRF seems to be fine for me too. Runs fine after decreasing pressure to 34 PSI.
It could just be the batch of tires that you got. Otherwise we would have many more people reporting this.

I see that it's been some pages without any pictures, so here's one in white
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_9989.jpg

Last edited by shrinath_m2 : 30th October 2019 at 19:05.
shrinath_m2 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 18:14   #446
BHPian

Guys a dilemma again Kodiaq Style with 2.66 lacs discount or Honda CR-V (diesel AWD) with 6 lacs discount. A difference of 4 lacs on road. Mind says CRV and heart says Kodiaq. Quick responses is much appreciated and thanks a lot in advance.
By the way I own a petrol 2.4 AT CRV right now
Old 9th November 2019, 18:24   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Kodiaq any day. It has an elegant and timeless design, is bigger (>120 mm longer) and is much more powerful (150 hp versus 120 hp). Comes with 6 year warranty, so covers peace of mind. CRV has a quirky design, which looks good now, but may look awkward in a few years as industry's SUV design language is evolving to more flowing and rounded designs, pioneered by Mercedes (e.g. GLC). Plus, I believe the facelift of the CRV was launched globally last month, so the current version may be dated right off the shelf.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th November 2019 at 18:27.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 18:45   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post

Off topic, In case you wish to sell your 2.4 AT, what price are you expecting for it. How many kms has it run and what is the manufacturing year.
Thanks in advance.
Old 9th November 2019, 20:57   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Guys a dilemma again Kodiaq Style with 2.66 lacs discount or Honda CR-V (diesel AWD) with 6 lacs discount. A difference of 4 lacs on road. Mind says CRV and heart says Kodiaq. Quick responses is much appreciated and thanks a lot in advance.
You've seen enough CR-V. If you buy CR-V again, my guesstimate is you'll be in market in another year or so.
So do the heart a favour and get yourself a Kodiaq. It'll be pleasure to drive for sure. If you want to save those 4 lacs, try Tiguan.
shrinath_m2 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 21:39   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Off topic, In case you wish to sell your 2.4 AT, what price are you expecting for it. How many kms has it run and what is the manufacturing year.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
It's a 2016 Aug with extended warranty upto 31st July 2020 and also a zero dep policy till 31st July 2020.

19700 on the ODO looking for 1400000 negotiable. Pearl white in color.
jayeshdamle is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks