Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 12:56   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by padukulkarni9 View Post
What do you mean by EGR soft deleted?
Have you set/reset some value related to it through software?
Yes, it was done as part of the remap. The EGR valve doesn't open now, as its map is modified.
clevermax is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 10:44   #1067

Has anyone tried to upgrade the Car Unit to the one that comes with the new Verna? Exploring options to get wireless CarPlay in my car.
sherlocksride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:20   #1068
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Left my car for 50K service

- Have driven only 7,000 km but it's 1 yr since the service was done)
- I didn't have any major issues (touchwood) just that the front bumper was a bit shaky, so asked the service engineer to have a check.

Below are the estimated work/cost

Parts

- Oil filter kit 420/-
- Air cleaner filter - 273
- Coolant - 80/-
- Break fluid - 80/-
- Break cleaner - 249.90
- Consumables + Sanitization kit - 825/-
- Engine oil - 1750/-

Labour Details

- Pump Assy - Fuel - 400/-
- AC Filter cleaning - 475/-
- Front brake O/H - 1254/-
- Rear brake shoe cleaning - 572/-
- Battery check output and condition - 390/-
- Periodic Maintenance Charges - 2665/-

After inspection service engineer told me,

- Oil sealing to be replaced as he has seen oil leakage. Last time also it was replaced when I asked he told we have 2 oil sealing and last time changed was a different one. Is this valid?

- Front brake pads have worn out. It was last changed @ 23,000 km and now it's 46,800

Oil sealing and the front brake will cost in total 2400/- (approx)

So the cost in total will be approx - 13,000/-

A few questions that I have are,

- Does brake cleaner is still required when we the front brake pads have been replaced?
- Labour charges for the front brake will needs to be paid even if it is a replacement?

Please let me know if I need to check anything else.

Thanks in advance.
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 21:24   #1069
BHPian

I was browsing used cars in OLX and found Hyundai Verna (2017 current-gen) SX+ 1.6 Diesel AT with 75,000 Kms. The quoted price is 6.85L.

I spoke to the car dealer and he said the car is not accidental/flood affected and is in good condition.

My question - Is the price quoted not on the lower side? I will be test driving it on Saturday or Sunday. What are the things I need to look for apart from service history?
bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 23:03   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
I was browsing used cars in OLX and found Hyundai Verna (2017 current-gen) SX+ 1.6 Diesel AT with 75,000 Kms. The quoted price is 6.85L.

I spoke to the car dealer and he said the car is not accidental/flood affected and is in good condition.

My question - Is the price quoted not on the lower side? I will be test driving it on Saturday or Sunday. What are the things I need to look for apart from service history?
It does not seem lower because it was already driven 75000 kms. Here in Hyderabad there was an AP-registered Verna 1.6 crdi SX-O for sale with only 27000 kms on the odo. It was a Nov 2018-registered car. I believe it was sold for 9 lakhs. It would have fetched a lakh more had it been TS-registered.
vnabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 13:48   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
I went along with a friend and did a test drive of Verna yesterday, here are my observations.

1. Exterior - Looked like a new car, but the interiors were not well maintained.

2. Engine - Took car for a short spin (3-4kms). The engine felt very grumpy. The diesel clatter was too heavy and a good amount of vibrations were felt on the accelerator, brake pedal, steering and gear knob. My 5.5 years old Dizre ZDi AMT with 63k Kms felt much better compared to this.

3. AC - Doesn't look like AC was working. Even after setting temp to Low with full fan speed for 10+ mins no chillness from AC. Note car was parked under shade.

Upon closer inspection, we found that the car has been repainted completely. With the above observations, we didn't feel like checking the car further and left the place.
bronco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 13:47   #1072

Hello guys, small update on the steering issue I put up a few posts back. The alignment is fine, there are no issues there. The issue is with the steering sensor that is not centering the steering correctly, even after recalibration 2-3 times. If I hold the steering straight, the car runs straight. If I tap on the right side to turn the wheel right and let go, the steering overcorrects towards the left by around 5 degrees. Recalibration of the sensor has been attempted 3 times now but the problem is persisting. The SA says that I may have turned the steering too hard to the right or left it parked with the steering cut all the way to the right (neither happened but surely, it cannot be that simple to cause this error).Yesterday, I observed a slight rubbing noise when the steering is turned to either side, this noise was not there earlier. I am planning to ask the service center to replace the steering column and sensor under warranty. Please advise if there are any other steps to be taken.
RaghuSuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 11:30   #1073
BHPian

Is there any significant change between the steering of the Verna prefacelift and post face-lift, like the steering of Creta is said to be different and better in the new generation?

The Creta is said to be much better and stable in ride compared to its previous generation. So, did Hyundai tweak Verna when the face-lift was launched with new BS6 engines?

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 7th November 2021 at 11:33.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 13:36   #1074
BHPian

Went for a weekend getaway to the hills on my Verna 1.6D Automatic, felt the engine got louder than before, cold start in the hills also were much louder. On the way and back also felt power coming in after flooring the throttle a bit slower.

Came back to Delhi, got the 44k service done, did not feel much difference in terms of engine noise, still louder and power delivery still slightly slower.

Was contemplating about Liquid Molly additive mentioned in this thread before, had that in my mind from long time. Thought of putting in Turbojet instead of normal diesel, earlier I used to alternate between the two. After 100-200kms on Turbojet, engine was smoother, less noisy and power delivery was much much improved.

Has anyone else experienced this? Just want to make sure it is no placebo effect

I plan to continue using Turbojet going forward.
yogiii is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 21:37   #1075
Senior - BHPian

My son in law's 2018 verna has a peculiar problem. It doesn't start at times. Cranking was good. But car refused to start. Other times it starts perfectly. No error codes show up.

He changed the battery on advise of FNG but problem persisted, intermittently. Eventually got car towed to HASS. Here they ran their diagnostic software and came out with a fix : the key immobilizer needed to be reset. PIN came from Hyundai and with both keys reset, the car is back and starts normally.

Let's hope it is a permanent fix. Will keep you posted
goandude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 09:01   #1076
BHPian

Hey Experts,

Couple of questions to get it clarified,

1. My NextGen Verna got its 50K Periodic Maintenance @46800 ODO on 21st October 2021. Engine oil has been changed as part of the PMS. When I checked yesterday the oil dip stick, the oil was so black in colour and viscosity is okay. I drove down to Advaith Hyundai Bangalore (where I got the last service done) and got a service engineer to check this on, he told when the new engine oil (5.32 its capacity) is filled into the oil reservoir the moment engine is cranked the whole oil will turn black. Is this right? He mentioned all these happens in the first crack of the engine after oil change and nothing to worry. Current Odo is ~50K by the looks the oil doesn't looks like it was changed 3000 kms back.

2. I am still in my stock tyres (Hankook) and the odo is 50K. The stock tyres might have another 10K life in it. I got my tyre balancing and alignment yesterday and during when I checked for the tyres 205/55/R16, Tyre Empire sales representative told me that Michelin Energy XM2 does comes in this size and they have only Primacy 4 ST. Even in the stock size 195/55/R16 XM2 stocks are not available all over. How does Primacy 4 ST compares with Energy XM2 for the Indian road conditions? My usage will be slightly more on Highways than city (probably 60%- 40%). If Primacy 4ST is not an options should I consider Yokohama if so should it be Earth 1 or BluEarthGT.

3. Because I am considering upsizing to 205/55/R16 (original is 195/55/R16) my spare tyre will still be 195/55/R15. Will this be a problem with the upsized tyres in case if I have to use my spare along with the upsized tyres?
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 10:52   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Engine oil has been changed as part of the PMS. When I checked yesterday the oil dip stick, the oil was so black in colour and viscosity is okay.
I would like to know the answer for the same . I recently serviced my diesel autobox verna which had done only 2000 kms between the last 2 services thanks to covid. When I recently checked the engine oil in the dipstick, it wasn't something I expected. I was dark in color despite the SE charging me for an oil change.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 11:19   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hey Experts,

Couple of questions to get it clarified,

1. My NextGen Verna got its 50K Periodic Maintenance @46800 ODO on 21st October 2021. Engine oil has been changed as part of the PMS. When I checked yesterday the oil dip stick, the oil was so black in colour and viscosity is okay. I drove down to Advaith Hyundai Bangalore (where I got the last service done) and got a service engineer to check this on, he told when the new engine oil (5.32 its capacity) is filled into the oil reservoir the moment engine is cranked the whole oil will turn black. Is this right? He mentioned all these happens in the first crack of the engine after oil change and nothing to worry. Current Odo is ~50K by the looks the oil doesn't looks like it was changed 3000 kms back.

2. I am still in my stock tyres (Hankook) and the odo is 50K. The stock tyres might have another 10K life in it. I got my tyre balancing and alignment yesterday and during when I checked for the tyres 205/55/R16, Tyre Empire sales representative told me that Michelin Energy XM2 does comes in this size and they have only Primacy 4 ST. Even in the stock size 195/55/R16 XM2 stocks are not available all over. How does Primacy 4 ST compares with Energy XM2 for the Indian road conditions? My usage will be slightly more on Highways than city (probably 60%- 40%). If Primacy 4ST is not an options should I consider Yokohama if so should it be Earth 1 or BluEarthGT.

3. Because I am considering upsizing to 205/55/R16 (original is 195/55/R16) my spare tyre will still be 195/55/R15. Will this be a problem with the upsized tyres in case if I have to use my spare along with the upsized tyres?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I would like to know the answer for the same . I recently serviced my diesel autobox verna which had done only 2000 kms between the last 2 services thanks to covid. When I recently checked the engine oil in the dipstick, it wasn't something I expected. I was dark in color despite the SE charging me for an oil change.
It's normal for Diesel engine oils to become dark even immediately after a fresh fill, nothing to worry.

I used to have Conti CPC2 in my 1.6CRDi, and they served very well - I stuck to 195/55 R16 though. Been a while since I used Michelin though .

Having 195/55 R15 for spare will mean the spare is 38mm shorter than 205/55 R16 - this is bit much. If you can, swap one of the 195/55 R16 for the driving wheels to spare - they'll be 12mm shorter, but that's anyday better than 38mm. Keep the speeds low if you had to drive on the spare (under 60kmph, say), get the puncture fixed at the next tyre shop - and you'll be fine.
ph03n!x is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 23:13   #1079
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
High compression engine + diesel soot + exhaust gas recirculation + inherently not clean a fuel cause it to become black in few days. Forget 2000kms. Pretty normal.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 10:57   #1080
BHPian

Have completed 50K Km in my NextGen Verna. Quick stats on the ownership,

- Stock battery replaced @ 47K km
- Still running with Stock tires probably will change this by 60K km
- 50K milestone achieved in 50.3 months of ownership
- Gulped 3180.31 lts of diesel till date
- 993.75 km average usage per month
- 15.94 kmpl average milage
- 72.39 rupees average fuel price.