Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:57   #991
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
As per the Hyundai website, labour is 2300+ with 18% tax it comes to 2700+ which is matching with the quote he has given but Hyundai website doesn't mention anything other than that.
Quote:
I got another update that Drive Shaft Oil Seal has to be replaced as the oil is leaking. He has sent me a pick of the oil spill.

Part cost is 1250/- and Transmission oil top-up has to be done is what he has told. He hasn't mentioned the charges. Not sure if he will add labour on top of all these.
The reason why the Hyundai website doesn’t mention any other separate labour charges, is because your vehicle DOESN’T REQUIRE ANYTHING ELSE!

The first item on the list of labour - for replacing the fuel filter, this charge should also be covered under the periodic labour charge if the fuel filter has to be replaced during this 40,000kms service. Otherwise what’s the point of having a flat labour charge if the items are anyway going to be billed separately?

Fair enough if you need to replace a leaking drive shaft. Ask them to diagnose the rattling noise while they have the suspension dismantled.

Rest assured you will be charged labour separately in this case, which is fair because it’s an unforeseen repair. The rest of it however, is unacceptable.

How does he know the transmission fluid is low? Did he check the quantity? Is there an external leak? Are you suffering from gear shifting problems? The transmission fluid is a sealed system. If you’re losing fluid, it means there’s an external leak in some seal.

Ask him for proof. They are finding creative ways to add to the list of consumables. Engine oil, coolant, brake fluid - makes sense, but transmission fluid?!

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 22nd October 2020 at 14:13.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:19   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
The reason why the Hyundai website doesn’t mention any other separate labour charges, is because your vehicle DOESN’T REQUIRE ANYTHING ELSE!

The first item on the list of labour - for replacing the fuel filter, this charge should also be covered under the periodic labour charge if the fuel filter has to be replaced during this 40,000kms service. Otherwise what’s the point of having a flat labour charge if the items are anyway going to be billed separately?

Fair enough if you need to replace a leaking drive shaft. Ask them to diagnose the rattling noise while they have the suspension dismantled.

Rest assured you will be charged labour separately in this case, which is fair because it’s an unforeseen repair. The rest of it however, is unacceptable.

How does he know the transmission fluid is low? Did he check the quantity? Is there an external leak? Are you suffering from gear shifting problems? The transmission fluid is a sealed system. If you’re losing fluid, it means there’s an external leak in some seal.

Ask him for proof. They are finding creative ways to add to the list of consumables. Engine oil, coolant, brake fluid - makes sense, but transmission fluid?!
Thanks once again. I tried reaching him couple of times he hasn't picked up my call. Might be he is following TBHP and this thread

I am going to ask for each of the points that you have told me.

He sent me an image with external leaks. Hardly I could identify something. But I never had issues in the Gear Shift.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201022-12.44.31-pm.jpeg

Thanks to Covid, being at home, break time between work I thought I will share the updates on 40K service when it is going on. Else I would have posted about 40K after everything been done and dusted and car been delivered.
hardilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 15:24   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks once again. I tried reaching him couple of times he hasn't picked up my call. Might be he is following TBHP and this thread

I am going to ask for each of the points that you have told me.

He sent me an image with external leaks. Hardly I could identify something. But I never had issues in the Gear Shift.

Attachment 2070847

Thanks to Covid, being at home, break time between work I thought I will share the updates on 40K service when it is going on. Else I would have posted about 40K after everything been done and dusted and car been delivered.
Finally, after a lot of discussions, the total amount for the 40K service was 11500/-

The car was delivered late (around 8 PM) due to heavy rain in Bangalore. The car was sanitized at my location while dropping it back.

Took the car for a spin today morning, rattling issue is not fixed (as expected), and the rest all seems okay for now.

Planning to take the car out for the next couple of days just to ensure it's all good.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 17:01   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, after a lot of discussions, the total amount for the 40K service was 11500/-
You may find these threads an eye opener -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...o-hyundai.html (Malwa Hyundai's charges - What is "service pro" from Hyundai?)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4915335 (Are Service Centres fleecing, to make up for losses incurred during the pandemic?)
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 17:46   #995
BHPian

For about four consecutive services of my Verna, I asked the service advisor to explain what exactly is the PMS (periodic maintenance service) when labour is charged separately. He kept nodding his head and never gave a convincing answer !. They have a chart with the PMS for every vehicle and they just follow that.

Then I could guess that it is the bumper-to-bumper routine check, including all electricals, lights, AC, horn, power windows, central locking etc.
Nalin1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 17:46   #996
BHPian

Quote:
That image does indicate issue with your drive shaft oil seal.

Indeed service centers are cheating, no doubt but this image sent to you, if genuine & from your car, then needs immediate attention.

One more indication, remember they had to top up the gear oil (transmission fluid)? It's a small leak but as you drive, slowly the oil level will continue to dip.

Minor leak won't cause any driving issue & gear hardness but if that leak expand & you end up losing oil rapidly while on highway, that can be catastrophic !!

So get it's address quickly.

Remember, your drive shaft was fine as per last service report. They only identified a seal leakage so be firm with that repair only. Replacment of the entire shaft will be very costly & totally not required.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:41   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
For about four consecutive services of my Verna, I asked the service advisor to explain what exactly is the PMS (periodic maintenance service) when labour is charged separately. He kept nodding his head and never gave a convincing answer !. They have a chart with the PMS for every vehicle and they just follow that.

Then I could guess that it is the bumper-to-bumper routine check, including all electricals, lights, AC, horn, power windows, central locking etc.
When I asked the same question, below is the image I got from my service advisor.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201022-5.26.55-pm.jpeg
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 03:03   #998
BHPian

Quote:
When I asked the same question, below is the image I got from my service advisor.

Attachment 2071256
Owners manual has all the needed work listed for every PMS. User doesn't have to be at the mercy of a dealership or service advisor to figure out the list of work to be done at a certain PMS.

Please refer to your owners manual (usually at back pages).

Secondly, not all labour charges are included in the service charge. This policy may vary between different manufacturers.

For example, brake service labour is included. But they will charge seperate labour if in case your rotors need skimming. However in case your pads need replacement, thats included, you are supposed to pay for parts only.

Same goes for wipers. If your wiper blades need replacing, that's included. Pay for those blades only. But in case water pump is faulty, they may charge seperate labour for replacing the pump.

Last of all, relationship with a specific dealer & service advisor matters too. If you are regular customer & you have a good friendly relationship with the dealership, it can do wonders with labour charges !!

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 24th October 2020 at 03:06.
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:47   #999
BHPian

Completed my 3rd year anniversary with NextGen Verna yesterday.
  • ODO ~42K
  • Avg KM per day 38 (which was 48 - 49 KMS pre covid)
  • Highest Mileage 28.15 KMPL
  • Lowest Mileage 6.91 KMPL
  • Avg Mileage 15.67 KMPL
  • Cost of ownership / KM - INR 9

Last edited by hardilip : 1st January 2021 at 13:53.
hardilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 15:17   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Wheel RPM sensor issue, anyone?

It's been almost 3.5 years of ownership of my NextGen Verna 1.6D AT. The car has run 38000 kilometers till date.

3 of my ABS sensors (wheel rpm sensors) have been replaced so far, and all of them failed in the last 4 months when my usage of the car was relatively less due to the WFH situation and all. All of them were replaced for free under extended warranty. Even otherwise, the sensor cost is not much, compared to say VW. One is about Rs. 1940/-

The wheel rpm sensor is usually not in stock. I tried my luck with two dealers in Trivandrum, and in both cases, I had to wait for about a month for the part to arrive.

How many of you NextGen Verna owners have faced this issue? Have you faced multiple wheel rpm sensor failures in a short span of time? I am hearing that this is becoming a common issue in the NextGen Verna series.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 09:42   #1001
BHPian

Re: Wheel RPM sensor issue, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
It's been almost 3.5 years of ownership of my NextGen Verna 1.6D AT. The car has run 38000 kilometers till date.
Can you let me know how did you sense this issue?

Its been 3.3 years with the NextGen Verna 1.6 SX-O Diesel. I have driven close to 43.5K KMS. Haven't seen such an issue till now.
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:41   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel RPM sensor issue, anyone?

Quote:
Can you let me know how did you sense this issue?
Oh, that's very easy to know - if you have a wheel rpm sensor issue or any other issue that prevents ABS from properly functioning, you will see this 'ABS' warning light on your cluster.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img20200909174424.jpg
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 16:43   #1003
BHPian

Completing 3 years with the Verna (SX(O) - Petrol - MT) this week.

Over past couple of months, there was a low noise from the steering while turning, at low speeds. On inspection the service center said the EPS motor has to be replaced. It was replaced under warranty.

Other than that there has been no issues in this 3 years. Of course, the usage has been quite low as I had shifted close to office and now WFH situation.
DigitalOne is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 03:44   #1004
BHPian

I got the Osram 35w Xenarc HID kit retrofitted in my 2018 Verna SX petrol. It's been about a week now. However i see these slight horizontal dark spots now. Are these normal or is there any issue with the installation? Any inputs would be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-img_20210328_200120.jpg  

gollabhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 18:48   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Tires!

Need tires for the 2017 Verna SX - Any pointers gentlemen? Yokohama Earth1 is the recommendation from the tire dealer, Bridgestone is the trusted brand for me and the owner. Please suggest, we are open to continental too. Priorities are towards , comfort, low noise.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks