Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:57   #961
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I think this is on purpose to avoid blinding the oncoming car. Please correct me if I am wrong
This is not the case with my other cars, i10 and Micra.
I checked all three cars against the same wall with same distance.
Micra's throw was much better and balanced.
RaceHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:07   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
This is not the case with my other cars, i10 and Micra.
I checked all three cars against the same wall with same distance.
Micra's throw was much better and balanced.
Please get your other cars corrected once the pandemic is over. Your Verna has the light throw exactly as it should be in any RHD oriented country. I can assure you that oncoming traffic is really hating you when you are driving the i10 and Micra. Especially when on high beams.

The beam pattern is governed by regulations and your Verna is doing a good job of pattern. If you feel the light is inadequate, you can upgrade the bulbs, fog lights or add aux lights on the bumper. But don't point the driver side headlamp any further upwards. Remember - its a safety hazard if you do so. Not just for oncoming traffic but also for yourself. A blinded oncoming driver on an undivided road can very much hit us head on.

Last edited by Reinhard : 23rd June 2020 at 14:09.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:22   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The beam pattern is governed by regulations and your Verna is doing a good job of pattern. If you feel the light is inadequate, you can upgrade the bulbs, fog lights or add aux lights on the bumper. But don't point the driver side headlamp any further upwards. Remember - its a safety hazard if you do so. Not just for oncoming traffic but also for yourself. A blinded oncoming driver on an undivided road can very much hit us head on.
Below pic is from the official review, here the throw was much better and longer, also right side is not as in-balanced as mine.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-2017hyundaiverna07.jpg
RaceHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:49   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
Below pic is from the official review, here the throw was much better and longer, also right side is not as in-balanced as mine.
Attachment 2019859
Multiple factors at play. Lens configuration & specifications being one important. If you find your throw to be too low - it may of course be the reality too. I'm saying both lights shouldn't send the throw at same level. The difference in LHS and RHS cut off is correct in your car. If you feel the whole throw beam should point upwards then -
  1. Please check the headlamp leveling position in your car. See if it can be pointed further upward using the leveling switch.
  2. You can use the leveling screws on the headlamp assembly in the engine bay to move it upwards, but still - stick to the norms. Don't make both RHS and LHS lamps point at same levels.
  3. Use the publically available guidelines of how to level headlamps - distance from wall, markings on wall to align to with the LHS and RHS lamps.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 22:32   #965
BHPian

I observed a peculiar sound today evening while checking my Fuidic CRDI, as I have a 450 km drive scheduled for tomorrow morning. The car was parked in apartment basement, thus there was silence all around & therefore I could hear the sound. After turning on the key to the mode when all electricals like power window, wiper etc works, I could hear the sound from somewhere in the glove box area & from the underneath areas. The sound was like battery water boiling when battery is under charge. It was clearly audible & I could also record that in my mobile. The sound was vanishing, when the keys were off. I then opened the bonnet & checked and could not figure out what it is. I could not hear the sound from the engine bay after opening of the bonnet. The sound could be there from many days possibly, but no way one can find it in the course of normal driving. Once the car is started, one can not hear the sound. After keeping the keys on for 10 min or so, the sound stopped for a brief period, and again came back.

What could be the problem? Something relating to AC? AC cooling is okay though.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 14:45   #966
BHPian

I have seen this happen in my Next Gen Verna as well as my i20 CRDi (both diesels) and the answer I found out is that the Radiatior liquid is the culprit. When the coolant is circulated on starting the engine, bubble movements within cause the 'boiling' sound.
You will observe it happening for a few seconds once you turn off the engine after a decent run. I am told it is normal, when I asked if it was indicative of a need to top up the coolant.
Still, it is recommended that you check the coolant levels and top it up, if required, and see if there is any improvement. Especially, since you are driving long tomorrow
RaghuChn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 10:45   #967

The other two cars are wrongly adjusted. This is the correct beam pattern as per our law. Driver side will be little lower than the left side.
Old 21st July 2020, 21:35   #968
BHPian

Hello everyone,
We own a 2019 manufactured Hyundai Nex-gen Verna 1.6D manual, the car is just 7 months old and has done 7800kms as of now.
While idling I see a lot of vibration coming through the steering wheel (the vibrations can be felt on the gear knob as well) and also i hear a clattering sound from the engine when i go part throttle and disappears when i give a bit more throttle, also the car feels pretty harsh and noisy after 2700 RPM. There is heavy shudder from engine while turning it off every time. Given that the car is pretty new, are these something that everyone face or should i worry about it and please suggest me the necessary steps that are to be taken.
Old 21st July 2020, 21:52   #969
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecraver View Post
We own a 2019 manufactured Hyundai Nex-gen Verna 1.6D manual, the car is just 7 months old and has done 7800kms as of now.
Has the car been serviced yet or not (I mean oil and filter change)?
Old 21st July 2020, 21:54   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Has the car been serviced yet or not (I mean oil and filter change)?
The oil and filters have not been changed yet since the car has not clocked 10000kms.
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:15   #971
BHPian

Hello Folks!

Need your advise on the Verna's Extended Warranty. I am about to complete 3 years with the Petrol - Auto, and have done about 16,000 kms including city and outstation travel.

Would you strongly advise taking the additional 2-year extended warranty at about Rs 15K or so?

Will be glad to have your inputs.

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 27th July 2020, 15:59   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Hi guys, I'm facing a peculiar issue in my Verna which is gonna turn a year old on 11th November, the issue is that I can feel vibrations on my steering wheel when the car is idling. They are pretty noticeable but as soon as the car starts moving they disappear. My Verna is a SX(o) diesel covered approx 7300 Kms. This issue has been there from the start and I didn't find it abnormal until I took one of my close friends Verna for a long drive and until a4anurag pointed it out. Is anyone else facing the same problem? The Hyundai service centre said when I give the car in for its 10000 Kms service they'll replace all the mounts and then see cause apparently that's the only logical explanation to these vibes.
Hello CarLoverJosh sir,
I am facing the same issue in my 2019 Verna 1.6D which has run 7800kms, did the problem get resolved after changing the mounts and how much did they charge you for this? A reply would really be helpful. Thank you
Old 27th July 2020, 18:19   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
Hello Folks!

Need your advise on the Verna's Extended Warranty. I am about to complete 3 years with the Petrol - Auto, and have done about 16,000 kms including city and outstation travel.

Would you strongly advise taking the additional 2-year extended warranty at about Rs 15K or so?

Will be glad to have your inputs.

Cheers,
Ajay
Ajay, please do opt for that Extended warranty even if it comes at price of 20k!! It's a MUST for any Hyundai car.

Please got through this thread incase you haven't to further bolster the thought.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-response.html (Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!)
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 17:49   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Ajay, please do opt for that Extended warranty [/url]
Thanks Ashvek. You advise helped in taking a firm decision. I am hoping that my car will continue to behave, but Rs 15K is ok for 2 years of reassurance, considering the high cost of certain spares. Cheers
AjayJohri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 17:16   #975
BHPian

Guys, need some help with the headlights. These are of Fluidic Verna

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20200809_163549.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20200809_163600.jpg

These are not scratches as I cannot feel them by hand or by nail. I've tried buffing the glass with rubbing compound but no effect.

This issue is with the fog lamps too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks