Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2019, 11:00   #616
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Folks, need your feedback on this. I planning to exchange my Vento TDI which has served me well & niggle free for the past 65K KMS and get a Verna - the only reason is my bad knee which translates into a need for AT. However I have a couple of questions that I would like advise on. I love the diesels and I have heard boat loads about the 1.6 unit in verna, but..

- With BS6 setting in, next year, is it advisable to put the moolah on the petrol or should it be fine to buy a diesel unit now
- Does the verna start beeping beyond 80 KMPH
- If I were to avoid those beeps and cruise at 80KMPH will the diesel unit hit its turbo sweet spot and chug along fine (or) would the petrol mil be better for this.

Appreciate your response on this.
Old 19th March 2019, 16:59   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Folks, need your feedback on this.

- With BS6 setting in, next year, is it advisable to put the moolah on the petrol or should it be fine to buy a diesel unit now
- Does the verna start beeping beyond 80 KMPH
- If I were to avoid those beeps and cruise at 80KMPH will the diesel unit hit its turbo sweet spot and chug along fine (or) would the petrol mil be better for this.

Appreciate your response on this.
This is a worry that I too share about the diesel. Still, finally I decided to go for it and did the booking. Anyways, there are millions of BS IV diesels out there. I am confident that this change of norm would not affect the second market so immediately and drastically.

If one has to use the car for a long time to come without botheration about resales, the only anxiety will be about the fuel standards and the maintenance of engine. There is no clarity regarding this, as much as I have known. Others can advise us on this here.

Even then, ideally it is better to wait if one can. But that is only ideal.

I have read somewhere that Verna will be manufactured from this Feb onwards with "BS VI ready" engines. Not sure what it means.

A doubt personally -- if your intended shift is from a manual to auto, why not to a DSG of Vento itself, as it is said to be a better automatic? I did consider the Vento but learnt that the Highline Plus variant is not manufactured with an MT either in petrol or in diesel.

Plus, I have heard about the introduction of the "beep" in Creta in 2019 Jan. Not about Verna yet. I am also anxious.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 19th March 2019 at 17:02.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 18:36   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
A doubt personally -- if your intended shift is from a manual to auto, why not to a DSG of Vento itself, as it is said to be a better automatic? I did consider the Vento but learnt that the Highline Plus variant is not manufactured with an MT either in petrol or in diesel.

Quiet a few reasons, and none that has to do with the competency of the car
- This is my second Vento, I had one from the initial batch when it was launched, So really looking forward for a change
- There seems to be a poor perception of Vento in the market and it is significantly affecting resale value despite everyone appreciating the upkeep of my car
- VW service is not unto the standard
- Most importantly wife said change the model or she might consider changing the husband.
- The original plan was to go for the Elantra, but we decided to downgrade to Verna cause of other plans that have come up & Verna has most of the features from Elantra (though the Elantra is a much better car)

Last edited by SR-71 : 19th March 2019 at 18:51.
Old 19th March 2019, 22:04   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
There seems to be a poor perception of Vento in the market and it is significantly affecting resale value despite everyone appreciating the upkeep of my car
- VW service is not unto the standard
- The original plan was to go for the Elantra, but we decided to downgrade to Verna cause of other plans that have come up & Verna has most of the features from Elantra (though the Elantra is a much better car)
What you have said about Vento was true for Ford Fièsta too, a car that I have been driving. Same appreciation, but combined with same depreciation. Till I got a buyer who wanted to keep it and not resell it anytime soon.

Elantra is more spacious inside, compared to Verna. But its power ratio is said to be inadequate.

A general query with others too here: will it be wise enough to pick the Verna from the batch that Hyundai dispatched to dealers on 21 Feb or will it be better to wait and get one from newer dispatches? The Feb dispatch vehicle is there lying at the dealer's yard from 7 March onwards. It must be the first batch to have gone into manufacturing after the unit reopened for production in the new year. Any advice...?
Old 20th March 2019, 16:04   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A general query with others too here: will it be wise enough to pick the Verna from the batch that Hyundai dispatched to dealers on 21 Feb or will it be better to wait and get one from newer dispatches? The Feb dispatch vehicle is there lying at the dealer's yard from 7 March onwards. It must be the first batch to have gone into manufacturing after the unit reopened for production in the new year. Any advice...?
2 weeks is not going to deteriorate the condition of the car. You can safely go ahead with getting the car home.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:31   #621
BHPian

Unpopular opinion:
The new verna looks shorter than the fluidic verna. This might just be me. I feel this one lacks the grandeur that the old one had. And I have a hunch that the new one is actually shorter. Could someone confirm this ?
Vinay23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 22:18   #622
BHPian

Any pointers if the EX variant can be fitted with OEM DRLs by dealer?
Old 20th March 2019, 22:50   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
Unpopular opinion:
The new verna looks shorter than the fluidic verna. This might just be me. I feel this one lacks the grandeur that the old one had. And I have a hunch that the new one is actually shorter. Could someone confirm this ?
It's the other way around - current Verna is 4440mm long, fluidic was 4370mm in length.
Old 20th March 2019, 23:23   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Unpopular opinion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
It's the other way around - current Verna is 4440mm long, fluidic was 4370mm in length.
Vinay23, your second opinion is definitely unpopular in my opinion New one looks much more regal and better than the fluidic one and most people I have talked have similar thoughts.
Old 21st March 2019, 08:44   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should be absolutely fine. No worries at all, as long as there are no glaring issues when you check the vehicle with the PDI checklist. Most companies have stocks of Jan and Feb now, and are offering good prices for these cars.

March manufactured cars are likely to start coming to dealers only now, especially since there is unsold inventory lying with most of the dealers.
Old 21st March 2019, 09:47   #626
BHPian

Quote:
I feel this one lacks the grandeur that the old one had
A resounding No.

Quote:
have a hunch that the new one is actually shorter. Could someone confirm this ?
A simple search/googling would have yielded the results.

Quote:
Mine will come in another ten days. An SX(O) CRDI MT.

Noted that the Verna's silver shade has become a little darker...
Congrats!
Yeah, they have 2 silver options now imo.

Last edited by spacescreamer : 21st March 2019 at 09:59.
spacescreamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 10:03   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Any pointers if the EX variant can be fitted with OEM DRLs by dealer?
Have done it on my old Fluidic Verna. Don’t bother with the dealers, they’ll never do it. Wiring is different for the Projector headlights. You’ll need to do quite a bit of wiring work to get the projector lights to work as intended.
drhoneycake is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 17:08   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Have done it on my old Fluidic Verna. Don’t bother with the dealers, they’ll never do it. Wiring is different for the Projector headlights. You’ll need to do quite a bit of wiring work to get the projector lights to work as intended.
Pardon my ignorance, but aren't projector lights and DRLs totally separate stuff or they have something in common? I am interested only in DRLs just from looks point of view.
Old 21st March 2019, 17:25   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but aren't projector lights and DRLs totally separate stuff or they have something in common? I am interested only in DRLs just from looks point of view.
As far as I know (and as seen on my Verna), the DRLs are integrated into the headlight assembly.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-dcd57c6f03a24a3c842c10bb417d9530.jpeg
drhoneycake is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 17:40   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Vinay23, your second opinion is definitely unpopular in my opinion New one looks much more regal and better than the fluidic one and most people I have talked have similar thoughts.
The new one looks great in its own respect, and i'm all in. Its just that in comparison, the old one (NOT THE MID-LIFE FACELIFT) looked better to me.
Vinay23 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks