Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 12:46   #406
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

I am looking at couple of RS245 on sale at used car showrooms. Can I get some pointers for what to look out for in the car? One thing I have in mind is to get the VIN & get records from Skoda, will Skoda do this, even for a cost? Is it docile enough for a daily driver? Also how does the long term maintenance look especially now with the Octavia being discontinued?

Yes, It's a heart over head decision but it also should not become a pain in the wrong places.

Unfortunately the asking price on both is north of 30L however I am yet to negotiate.

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 5th June 2023 at 12:55. Reason: Added comment
Old 7th August 2023, 19:55   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I am looking at couple of RS245 on sale at used car showrooms. Can I get some pointers for what to look out for in the car? One thing I have in mind is to get the VIN & get records from Skoda, will Skoda do this, even for a cost? Is it docile enough for a daily driver? Also how does the long term maintenance look especially now with the Octavia being discontinued?

Yes, It's a heart over head decision but it also should not become a pain in the wrong places.

Unfortunately the asking price on both is north of 30L however I am yet to negotiate.
Following this thread since I am in the same boat; however, I've been looking at a VRS 230 that is closer to stock. They've been so hard to find or priced north of 25L.

I plan on using it as a daily driver and longer highway commutes on the weekends. Maybe turn it into a project car with smaller performance mods here and there without turning it into something insanely crazy.

Even though I've been a reader for well over a decade, the drive to get a VRS has finally gotten me to make an account here and be more connected to the community, so hello!
Old 8th June 2024, 10:10   #408
BHPian

Wanted to get some views on extending warranty from 6th to 7th year.

My VRS (2018 model) is still stock with no mods and duly serviced at the authorized service stations. it has run only 29K kms in last 6 years.

I was enquiring on extending the warranty from 6th year on wards. Its approx. Rs 46000 to extend warranty by an year and it will further increase.

Would be great if other could please share your thoughts if its worth extending further.
Old 31st August 2024, 11:52   #409
BHPian

I had renewed the extended warranty of my Octavia VRS ( from 6th to 7 th year). The payment (Rs 49,999) was made on 09th July and I haven't yet received the warranty certificate. It is also not visible for the local Skoda service centre, though the payment was done via the link*shared on behalf of Skoda India. Needless to say payment was successfully processed.*

I had raised a query with Skoda India via their toll free*number on 14-Aug and it was again re-routed to the same local Skoda Service centre. As per my ongoing discussions with the local Skoda Service centre, I understand*they have provided all necessary information to Skoda India as and when Skoda India sought these including*odometer reading etc.*

It's been almost 2 months since I made this payment and haven't yet received the warranty*certificate. Is there any senior official in Skoda India whom I can raise this to get this resolved. ?

Any leads would be highly appreciated.

Thanks*

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks