Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 15:00   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dual Injected TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
On a 3rd generation EA888 1.8TSI sold in India, dual injector setup is already present. Had seen these on a pre-FL Octavia Mk3 which was at the Skoda ASC in Calicut .

So it could be quite likely that the 2.0TSI sold in India currently also has dual injector setup.

Yes, incidentally, I was googling about this yesterday and found the SSP from vwvortex thread and traced it on my GTI engine. I can see 2 fuel lines - high pressure steel one and low pressure plastic one. I could also see the low pressure MPI injectors. The FSI injectors are further down so can't spot them easily without removing the intake manifold. My 2008 1.8 TSI Laura does not have the low pressure fuel line and the MPI injectors. I have taken pictures of that engine as well for a side-by-side comparison. Another peculiar thing is the valvelift actuators on the exhaust side - those are new on the GTI (not present on 1.8 TSI in the Laura).

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 12:04   #182
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Powerdrift has come out with this awesome video titled your next car purchase. A must watch for all petrol-heads.

PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 18:29   #183
BHPian

Finally car has arrived and will be taking delivery tomorrow and it is magic black!! It has been over 3 months since booking, but worth the wait just for Black vRS. Upgrading from black Laura vRS to Black Octavia vRS !

Mumbai dealer also has red vRS in stock and ready for immediate delivery, anyone interested ??

Few iPhone clicks -
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_2102.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_2103.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_2104.jpg  

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 7th April 2018 at 18:45. Reason: Photo upload
vishaltanksale is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 22:16   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Finally car has arrived and will be taking delivery tomorrow and it is magic black
Hi vishaltanksale,

Black colour looks great, please post some more pictures when you get time. Does this lot have any additional features or it is same as earlier.

Could you also post pricing details or any offer(freebies) when you took delivery, it might help prospective buyers.

Regards.
Old 10th April 2018, 06:58   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

While the black RS looks good and I like long black cars, I personally feel the character lines get somewhat hidden on the Octavia RS and also the overall car looks smaller. Also, the black needs more chrome lines to make it look classier. Compare with this Passat picture and you may understand what I am saying (of course the Passat is a substantially bigger car!)

Just a personal view specific to a black Octavia - no offense meant to owners!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img20180215wa0003.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 22:42   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi vishaltanksale,

Black colour looks great, please post some more pictures when you get time. Does this lot have any additional features or it is same as earlier.

Could you also post pricing details or any offer(freebies) when you took delivery, it might help prospective buyers.

Regards.

Plan to spend time this weekend to click more photos and will share then .

No change in feature list. Ex-showroom is 26.25L and on-road Mumbai is 31L, but I heard it is revised again from 1st April.
Also looks like Skoda has stopped taking anymore vRS bookings. Plan is to deliver current bookings in Jun/Jul and then next set of deliveries will be during Diwali.
vishaltanksale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 04:24   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Plan to spend time this weekend to click more photos and will share then .

No change in feature list. Ex-showroom is 26.25L and on-road Mumbai is 31L, but I heard it is revised again from 1st April.
Also looks like Skoda has stopped taking anymore vRS bookings. Plan is to deliver current bookings in Jun/Jul and then next set of deliveries will be during Diwali.
Congratulations Vishal on your new drive, its a car capable of easily competing with cars twice its price. Any idea on the average monthly sales being done by VRS in India
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 19:27   #188
BHPian

Did a PDI of my Grey car today at the TAFE Access stockyard.
Can't wait for the delivery on Sunday !
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-1.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-2.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-3.jpg  

F2005 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 23:08   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Congratulations Vishal on your new drive, its a car capable of easily competing with cars twice its price. Any idea on the average monthly sales being done by VRS in India
Don't have much insight, but based on what I heard from dealer it should be around 600 right from last Diwali till March, total 3 batches each around 150-200 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Did a PDI of my Grey car today at the TAFE Access stockyard.
Can't wait for the delivery on Sunday !
Congrats in advance ! I was in same situation last week, these last few days are really too long
Old 12th April 2018, 23:54   #190
BHPian

Picked my vRS up last week. I wasn't too sure about the color as I usually prefer something less flashy like white/grey/black but I must say I'm glad I got the race blue. Its looks like a different shade of blue at different times of the day!
Coming to how it drives, the power delivery is very linear. The acceleration isn't brisk enough to snap your neck but it gently pushes you into your seat. I think it feels like this because of the lack of turbo lag. The Abarth feels comparatively more aggressive in acceleration but in reality the vRS would just blast past it. This has been mentioned many times before, but the speed masking ability of this car is at another level. Gun it on an empty stretch of road and you don't realize when you've crossed the ton mark. The steering of this car is light but just feels nice to use. Though being an EPS, it feels very direct unlike the ones in the polo/merc. I have learnt how to appreciate steering feel only after using the hydraulic unit on the Punto. I'd say the vRS comes close, but is not better. The suspension setup of this car has just the perfect amount of stiffness for me. It is definitely usable in the city and the car rides almost flat in fast corners as well(unless compared with aftermarket coilovers, cause with those the car's handing is something to be experienced)

I switched to Michelin PS4s a day after delivery and according to me these are the perfect road tyres for this car. They have a very good balance of comfort and outright grip. With stock hankooks there is a crazy amount of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gears but with the PS4s this is very well controlled. I wish they had are slightly stiffer sidewalls(but this would again compromise ride quality), because while cornering at high speeds the car slightly loses composure due to sidewall flex.
The best part of the car has to be the sound that the car makes, especially the 'farts' while shifting gears at higher RPMs. I absolutely cannot stop giggling when the car makes this sound and it really enhances the fun of driving this car.
The overall exhaust note is also bassy and when this car passes, you will know that it is not some regular car. Oh, I forgot to mention about the brakes. They are the best brakes I have used till date, enough said. Just have to ensure that we don't get rammed into by any other vehicle during hard braking. The only thing I wish the car had was more violence

Here are a few pictures of the car-
It can been observed how the car looks like a different shade of blue during the day and during night.

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_0333.jpg

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_0325.jpg

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_0316.jpg
Suraj25 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 00:13   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Picked my vRS up last week.
Congrats. You have good collection of turbo petrols in your garage : Abarth Punto, GT TSI and now Octavia RS too

Quote:
The only thing I wish the car had was more violence
Haha!! Get a stage 2 map from APR / Revo / E Tuners. That should be lot more fun, but I am not sure if it would give you the same type of Violence as your remapped Abarth .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 15:19   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Picked my vRS up last week. I wasn't too sure about the color as I usually prefer something less flashy like white/grey/black but I must say I'm glad I got the race blue. Its looks like a different shade of blue at different times of the day!
Congrats Suraj! Yes, the Race Blue definitely looks stunning

You are a true petrol head

Also, if possible please post few snaps of your garage. I would like see the Abarth/GT/vRS together!
Prodigy07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 16:22   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Picked my vRS up last week.
Congrats! Nice crisp review there. The VRS is a fantastic buy in the current scene, atleast for enthusiasts. It's loaded with gizmos, it's got the power, it's got the tech and the sporty suspension, exhaust and body kit make it almost a perfect car for any enthusiast looking for a car anywhere near this price range. No wonder they are selling like hot cakes and Skoda can't seem to bring in enough cars.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 20:06   #194
BHPian

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats.

Haha!! Get a stage 2 map from APR / Revo / E Tuners.

Thanks Naren!
I got the chance to experience an APR stage 2+ vRS recently, and I must say it is pretty mental! The car was spinning the PS4s like they were Apollo Alnacs :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congrats Suraj! Yes, the Race Blue definitely looks stunning

Thank you! And yes, I am planning to do a small photo shoot of the 3 cars this weekend. Will put the pics up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Congrats! Nice crisp review there. The VRS is a fantastic buy in the current scene, atleast for enthusiasts. It's loaded with gizmos, it's got the power, it's got the tech and the sporty suspension, exhaust and body kit make it almost a perfect car for any enthusiast looking for a car anywhere near this price range. No wonder they are selling like hot cakes and Skoda can't seem to bring in enough cars.

Thank you Santosh! I agree, this car is perfect for enthusiasts and people who want to mod to make the car produce some crazy power. I find it almost perfect in stock form as well. Initially had plans for something else but luckily I got the chance to get the vRS without waiting much. I made sure I did not miss the opportunity and I am pretty happy.

Last edited by Suraj25 : 13th April 2018 at 20:07.
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 21:19   #195
BHPian

Got delivery of my "Grey" vRS today. That color !!!!!
I have changed the tyres to PS4s soon after delivery.
Took a drive on NICE road to hear the "burppp". It's awesome

The lights are fantastic and coming from a Polo, I am able to judge the width and length easily now!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-1-3.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-1-4.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-1-1.jpg  

F2005 is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks