Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2018, 10:09   #1201
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
There will be no oil change
I am aware of what the company specifies. I am referring to what the forum recommends and I am going to get that done. Check here

I just want to know from other nexon owners whether or not they did change engine oil at first service.
Old 2nd May 2018, 13:18   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I just want to know from other nexon owners whether or not they did change engine oil at first service.
They did not change the engine oil when I had given my Nexon for service. The SA mentioned they would do it only during the third service. I asked them to top up the engine oil and they obliged.
a*ed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:28   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I am aware of what the company specifies. I am referring to what the forum recommends and I am going to get that done. Check here

They just do washing in first service (Atleast that is visible) & check for any issues if you have reported or else they do not even go as per manual checklists !! Changing engine oil is too much asking!!
Old 2nd May 2018, 17:47   #1204
BHPian

Apologies, if already posted & discussed, but saw this with today's date (hence posting)

NDTV Auto has just posted this :

"Tata Nexon AMT Launched : Prices start from 9.41 Lakh"
Link:

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-nexo...kh-1846044/amp

Original article as follows : all credits to original Author, this is just the copy paste for ease of reading.

Quote:

Tata Motors has announced the launch of the Nexon AMT or as the company likes to call it HyprDrive. The petrol with the AMT is priced at Rs. 9.41 lakh while the diesel is priced at Rs. 10.3 lakh (both prices ex-showroom Delhi). The Nexon AMT is only available with the top-end XZA+ variant on both the petrol and the diesel. The Nexon AMT adds a bit of pressure to carmakers like Ford, Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra who have cars in this segment although only the TUV300 is available with an AMT. The company started bookings of the car already in April.

According to Mr. Mayank Pareek, President- Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, "Our focus is to introduce products and services that not only enhance the brand, but simultaneously align well with the rising aspirations of customer segments. AMT as a transmission is ideally suited for India's traffic conditions, reducing the stress of driving at an affordable price, without compromising on fuel efficiency. With the introduction of the Hyprdrive S-SG in the NEXON, we aim to tap a larger market and increase our market share in not only the Compact SUV segment but also the AMT segment. Additionally, understanding the growing need for personalization among Indian customers, we are introducing the 'IMAGINATOR' - our online platform to visualize and customize the NEXON."

Now, the Nexon AMT doesn't look any different to the standard car, but the AMT variant brings in a fresh outlook to the subcompact SUV. Tata says that the Nexon AMT is the first car in India to offer driving modes along with an AMT unit. Additionally, the Nexon AMT also gets a 'creep' function, which helps with the driving in heavy traffic, the stop-and-go kinds. Tata has also fitted the Nexon AMT with smart hill assist, which keeps the car from rolling back when it begins to move on a slope. Plus, there is an intelligent transmission controller which offers features such as anti-stall, kick-down and fast-off.

It gets features like a 6.5-inch floating dash-top touchscreen infotainment with next-gen smartphone connectivity and an exclusively tuned 8-speaker system from Harman-Kardon, for a surround sound theatre like experience. There's Android Auto available too. Along with the launch of Nexon AMT, Tata Motors has announced the launch of its online car customization platform - 'IMAGINATOR' for the subcompact SUV. The Imaginator is a platform that offers the flexibility to a user to enhance the look of his/her car by visualizing and adding the required accessories. This platform also enables a seamless online accessories purchase which in turn enhances the overall customer experience.

saurabh2711 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 13:55   #1205
BHPian

https://www.cartoq.com/how-a-tata-ne...d-model-video/

Another example of how car dealerships try fleece customers. And how important pre delivery inspection is. The good part is the owner got a brand new car after he was dumped a refurbished Nexon.
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:08   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
https://www.cartoq.com/how-a-tata-ne...d-model-video/

Another example of how car dealerships try fleece customers. And how important pre delivery inspection is. The good part is the owner got a brand new car after he was dumped a refurbished Nexon.
This idea that all is well because he got a new car in the end annoys me. He PAID for that car anyway, it's the least he could get. The dealer's actions are a clear case of fraud and he should be facing the justice system, not just Tata's internal disciplinary procedures. Absolutely disgusting.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:46   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
This idea that all is well because he got a new car in the end annoys me.
Whow whow, hold on there, buddy. Cool your jets! Where did you read in my post that "all is well" in the context of this incident? The customer getting a new car, rightfully so, is ofcourse a good thing which happened to him (we should appreciate the fact that the dealer could have refused to accept the liability). But that doesn't necessarily mean that "all is well" because it isn't. And every member of this forum is mature enough to understand the difference .

And yes, the dealership should face legal repercussions for what it did to this customer. Not acceptable!
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:14   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
This idea that all is well because he got a new car in the end annoys me. He PAID for that car anyway, it's the least he could get. The dealer's actions are a clear case of fraud and he should be facing the justice system, not just Tata's internal disciplinary procedures. Absolutely disgusting.
That's exactly my point. The customer got a new car is fine by me but why did the dealer cheat in the first place that's even more shocking to say the least. The paint quality was so poor that even a layman could find the faults so i am really surprised that the dealer thought he might get away with his crime. Its cheating and fraud to say the least and i feel the customer should take legal action against the dealer.
On top of that TATA motors should cancel the dealership licence of that dealer as dealers like these give a bad name to a brand and these incidents really dent the reputation of a brand which is trying its best to improve its image in the cut throat competitive market. TATA has done much but still not enough i feel in this case and if TATA really has to compete they will have to set an example of this dealer which will serve as a deterrent to some black sheeps who try to cheat customers. This is where the real test lies with TATA now. The brands like Maruti's and Hyundai's can compete because we hardly find such cases with their dealers and TATA needs to be very careful with this kind of a scenario.

Luckily for me the dealer in my locality has been really trustworthy and professional and my experience so far has been more than satisfactory to say the least. I have a Hyundai as well as a Maruti in my garage and i can easily say the experience with TATA so far has been the best.
Syed Monis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:24   #1209
BHPian

Now that Nexon AMT is launched officially also, can we expect a full test drive and review of AMT version by Team-Bhp ?
P.S : Till now we are relying on Autocar test drive at https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-408034
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:36   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Whow whow, hold on there, buddy. Cool your jets! Where did you read in my post that "all is well" in the context of this incident?
I'm talking about the link in your post, nothing to do with what you wrote.
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:37   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there no ownership reports of the Nexon till now on the forum? I could not find any. There are quite a few members here who have posted that they own one. I kindly request them to take out time and pen down their experiences so far with the vehicle.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:06   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Are there no ownership reports
I do intend to write one eventually when I overcome the laziness!

My short report is that I am very happy with Nexon overall. I have crossed 1500 kms in one month and it has been a breeze. Engine is becoming quieter gradually. Its comfortable, convenient, the audio system is superb and the lady with whom one is supposed to talk to get things done understands my accent on 99 percent of the occasions.

One minor irritant i have noticed is that the high beams from opposite side tend to get reflected back in my windshield by the shiny cover over the instrument cluster. I guess its a general problem of driving on the Indian roads as such.
Another irritant is that it forgets the call list and favourites in phone each time. I guess that could have been avoided. However, android auto does solve that problem.

Last edited by avingodb : 3rd May 2018 at 19:07.
avingodb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 13:06   #1213
BHPian

Tata Motors has now started offering a sun-roof for the Tata Nexon as an accessory at an additional cost of Rs 16,053 on all trim levels. The sunroof is a relatively simple vent-type unit and not electrically powered.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-8bad633be49c4ce78e2463b084f210d4.jpeg  

Last edited by theMAG : 6th May 2018 at 05:29. Reason: "sun-roof" added
Fulcrum is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 20:07   #1214
yuv
BHPian

Has anyone test driven the AMT yet? Please share your thoughts.

Having driven an AMT for the first time, my experience was better than expected. Except for the minor lag and jerkiness, it feels like just like another automatic and the diesel in sports mode is even more punchy. Sure, the AMT will take a bit getting used to.

The hill assist is a joke though and wont work beyond a certain incline and the "P" mode is surely missed as engaging the hand brake every now and then is not very convenient at all.

I could easily touch 120 km/hr without much effort. All in all, I was impressed with the car.

Last edited by yuv : 6th May 2018 at 20:23. Reason: Typo
yuv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 16:19   #1215

The link leading to the Tata Website seems to be wrong. This link shall work:
https://bookonline-nexon.tatamotors.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks