Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2018, 00:03   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
Sorry yes. Was looking for retrofit bulbs and wanted to know if it's H4 or something else.
Must be there on page 132 in the Emergency & break down assistance section .. have you checked there in the owners manual ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
P2P means Promise to protect. It's for wear and tear Parts and four years cost is 7k.
You will need to list out and compare what is included in each of the packages. AMC packages do change, so I am not able to comment because I dont know what the packages today cover, in each of these. Obviously, if there is price difference, then the coverage will also differ.

You will also need to check what your running is, and how your usage is. Example: I am still on my stock brake pads / shoes and also tyres after 63k / 5 yrs. But your car may need a replacement earlier than my car would.

Last edited by condor : 3rd April 2018 at 00:19.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 07:44   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Must be there on page 132 in the Emergency & break down assistance section .. have you checked there in the owners manual ?
Thanks a lot for the help. Much appreciated. Sometimes you search the entire world and ignore your own backyard, that was the case with me. H7 it is for both hi and lo beam.
Old 3rd April 2018, 07:46   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
2. Its definitely not lugging as sometimes in 3rd or 4th gear the revs drop to as low as a 1000 rpm and the car picks up without any such body shake.
Before concluding this point, check:

1) What speeds do you change gears at
2) What is the recommended speed for each gear, - as mentioned in the owners manual.
3) compare these numbers

This will give better indication if there is any issues related to changing gears early - both lugging & turbo lag.

Last edited by condor : 3rd April 2018 at 07:48.
Old 3rd April 2018, 15:46   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Congratulations on your Nexon!
My better half booked the dual tone Blue Nexon XZ+ today. They refused to waive off the "Logistics charges" of 5000. Surprisingly they agreed to when I said I'll get the insurance on my own.
Will be starting the loan process tomorrow. They don't have stock as of now but the executive confirmed that it'll be available by 2nd week of April.
My wife went to the showroom on 28th to complete the loan process so that we could take benefit of the pre-hike price. Loan was approved and the booking invoiced.

The sales executive informed that the car is available for delivery on Saturday. Will be going tomorrow or day after to do a PDI. We are so excited!
Old 3rd April 2018, 17:17   #1070

Quote:
My wife went to the showroom on 28th to complete the loan process so that we could take benefit of the pre-hike price. Loan was approved and the booking invoiced.

The sales executive informed that the car is available for delivery on Saturday. Will be going tomorrow or day after to do a PDI. We are so excited!
Congratulations a*ED on. We will be happy to gaze on some of the delivery pics if you would like to share them.

I called up the Sales Adviser that had taken my booking and asked him whether Tata is in any mood to launch the AMT or not. He said they are hopeful that by April end, it will be launched.

On a side note, I had completely missed that the new Honda Amaze will offer a Diesel CVT model (a segment first). Although it will not meet my needs, there should be many takers for the same. I would say it is a brilliant move by Honda. If they would have plonked the Diesel CVT in the WRV, I believe that I would have come under a serious dilemma.

The more Tata is sitting over the AMT launch, the more time they are losing in the market. But, my head knows that it is better they launch a refined product than a product with flaws. That is why my head is instructing my heart to wait just a bit longer.
anuragverma666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 17:40   #1071
BHPian

Stand Firm - Don't pay The Handling Charges !

Quote:

Here's a link to a previous reply I had posted on another thread on handling charges

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4349032

And here's what Rushlane had to say on the topic

Quote:
Time and again, multiple courts in India have stated that dealers charging handling charges is illegal. In spite of this, most dealers continue to charge handling charges. Recently, a reader (name withheld on request) wanted to buy new Tata Nexon. He approached a dealer and asked for a quote. The dealer gave detailed quote with charges described.

One of the things the dealer was charging was handling charges. The consumer, who was aware that handling charges are illegal, decided to take this up with the dealer. He asked the dealer that why are handling charges levied. The sales person at the dealership stated that they are compulsory and everyone has to pay. If you do not want to pay handling charges, you cannot buy car – the dealer said.

The consumer went back home, and decided to take this up with Tata Motors. He wrote a mail to customer care, and marked the company’s CEO, Mr Guenter Butschek. To his surprise, he got a reply from them the same day. Next day, the dealer called the customer, and told him that the handling charges have been waived off.

This is what the reader told Rushlane – “Dealers still charging illegal handling or logistic charges. Booked a nexon and found them to charge us handling charges and as far as my knowledge thats totally illegal to which i protested but they insisted me to pay if i have to buy the car. Wrote an email to customer care and the ceo of tata motors. And the very next day got a call from the dealer and are waived off the charges. So pls spread the news and create some awareness on this illegal way of making quick money by the dealers.”
You don't have to pay a penny for handling charges - you're not bound to. The dealer is illegally pushing handling charges out of greed. It'd be better still if you can write to Customer Care (this, this and this should help), mark it to the CEO, Mr Guenter Butschek, while simultaneously raising it on Social Media platforms - twitter , facebook etc, and tag Mr Butschek, or anyone higher in the hierarchy.

It's not about a small sum, and that a dishonest dealer gets away with it. It's about the dealer's intent to defraud and carry on with what is obviously a wrong practice !

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 3rd April 2018 at 17:57. Reason: Inserting Tata Motors Customer Care Link
Ironhide is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:15   #1072
BHPian

Confirmed news : AMT launch during IPL slated on 20 April, 2018 . Official bookings starting on 18th April. Already unofficial bookings underway and the number keeps swelling !!!
ar134 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:49   #1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Confirmed news : AMT launch during IPL slated on 20 April, 2018 . Official bookings starting on 18th April. Already unofficial bookings underway and the number keeps swelling !!!
I hope the date you have mentioned is true! Can you let us know the source of the news if it shareable?
Old 4th April 2018, 00:56   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

So, I had been having some trouble with the Head Unit of my Cygnus ever since I took delivery about 10 days back. Sometimes, the current song on playback would stop playing when I got back into Cygnus and started her up, and the voice alerts stopped as well. The problem increased about 6 days back, when I faced the issue 3-4 times during the whole day. Decided to give the TMSC app a test and posted my complaint in it at 10 PM on that very night.

Surprise, surprise - I received a call from Tata Motors Pune at 9:30 AM the following morning. They patiently heard out my issue, and replied that they will be instructing my dealership's service center to follow up and resolve my Cygnus's issue at the earliest. They also told me to get my VIN checked for the headlamp update & keyfob updates as well. At around 10:30 AM I received a call from the dealership's service center who said they would contact the Harman team and tell them about my car's issue and have someone sent over to check it out. They would update me accordingly. I asked them if I was scheduled for the headlamp update, keyfob update & BCM update (auto-folding ORVMs) as well, to which they said they would check and revert back. Received a call in the afternoon that my Cygnus will go through the other two updates too, but the BCM update has been temporarily put on hold because the BCM module itself was being reported as getting unstable after the update was done and they didn't want to risk it with Cygnus. Unsure whether to believe them or not, I decided to drop it for now because I didn't want to risk a blown BCM either for a brand new car. This happened last Saturday.

Earlier in the afternoon today, I received a call from the dealership that the Harman guy had arrived. I reached the dealership at 4 PM. The Harman guy did all sorts of checks, inquired if I was facing any Bluetooth issues (to which I said no), and then proceeded to do a factory reset of the Harman system. He did it without unplugging my USB songs drive, and the result was that after the unit rebooted, the USB slot stopped working. He tried all his USB drives and the system didn't read any of them, so he went back to reformat his drives. I suspected something and tried my USB drives (I have 2 of them filled with songs) and the system didn't read them either. Suspecting a blown USB slot as the worst case scenario, I unplugged my USB drive and did a factory reset again (while the Harman guy was away racking his brains over what was wrong with his USBs and their ISOs). Sure enough, the second factory reset re-enabled the USB slot and my songs-filled USB drive started working again.

I called the guy and told him to come back. God knows which version he brought with him, but the subsequent flashed update he did brought us right back to the version which was already loaded into the HU by default - August 2017! I told him to get separate versions of all the updates rolled out by Harman since the Nexon's launch in separate USB drives - both the November 2017 and the February 2018 (which he referred to as version 4) versions.

Meanwhile, the workshop manager Mr Sharma (an extremely polite, knowledgeable and patient guy) showed up and told me about the headlamp update. A pair of silicon pads were to be fitted inside the low beam (projector setup) parts of the headlamp sections. He had brought printed instructions with him which he studied carefully and them proceeded to do the fittings by himself, with some assistance by some of the workshop techs.

The Harman guy came back with 2 separate USB drives containing the two separate updates - Nov '17 and Feb '18. I took over charge and did the first update myself to Nov '17, which went through smoothly. For the Feb '18 update, the system threw up the "Image Not Found" error. I tried it 4-5 times and failed. I told the Harman guy to get clarification on this, and he disappeared from the scene again.

Meanwhile the headlamps had been fitted with the red-coloured silicon pads. Mr Sharma then did the headlamp alignment work for Cygnus - low beams were pretty much at par, while the driver-side high beam was scattered all over the place. He brought them together at a nice focus and spread and I was satisfied.

Then came the keyfob update. He showed me the two replacement sections of the keyfobs and gave one to me for my duplicate one kept at home, while he changed the one in the original.

The Harman guy came to me and said that the Feb 2018 update for the system was a Beta release and my Cygnus "didn't need it." I kept myself calm and didn't explode at him rightaway, and just told him to scram. He took pics of the ODOmeter reading and the updated software version, before packing his bags. I asked him to leave the ISO files of version 4 on the service center's computer, which he thankfully did. I shall get them copied to one of my blank USB drives and try it myself sometime.

Returned home at 8 PM. What should have been an hour's work at most, took 4 whole hours! I am in the middle of March 31st Closing work, so time is precious to me right now. I pity all other clients/customers of this all-new Harman guy from another planet - God Bless them all.

Issue I am facing - the star in the progress bar is frozen, no playback, no voice alerts. Usually happens when I get back into car and start her up.
Pressing Volume Up/Down shows "0" on display.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_153304.jpg

Mute button works once and displays the "X", and subsequent presses show just the "X" beside the speaker icon.
The equaliser preset reverts to "Speech", instead of any other custom setting.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_153349.jpg

Harman guy seemed clueless on the issue.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_162643.jpg

Hidden "Engineering Mode" menu of the HU accessed by pressing the 2nd, 4th & 6th button under the display (Star, Right-Seek & Inverse buttons).
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_164207.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_164240.jpg

Touch "Software Reflash" to come here.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_170943.jpg

Valid update ISO read by the HU.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_174454.jpg

These 3 subsequent updates roll by.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_174514.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_174729.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_174800.jpg

Restarts.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_174930.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180403_175020.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2018 at 15:35. Reason: As requested
RavenAvi is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 09:43   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
I hope the date you have mentioned is true! Can you let us know the source of the news if it shareable?
A fairly reliable source is all I can share at this moment. We will find out very soon anyway regarding the launch details through official press release.
Old 4th April 2018, 21:50   #1076
BHPian

Hi All, some updates which might help fellow nexon P owners. Total ODO completed 2,800 KM.

a) Initial noise while moving on 1st gear, 2nd gear was due to link rod. They tightened it. Noise gone now.

b) Car stable at high speeds, dragged with a Creta and overtook him at 120 at Hunsur road on way to Nagarhole from Bangalore.

c) Mileage i got during highway drive - 13.5 with AC on Sports Mode, No improvement in City Mode, Eco Mode as per M.I.D.

d) Returned to Bangalore. Filled tank, used it for 2 weeks in city. City mileage in Bangalore traffic is 8.5 in Sports Mode with 100% AC on and heavy traffic.

Now, with regards to the mileage, anyone facing similar numbers? I do Tank full method and surprisingly the mileage number matches with that in m.i.d. I was hoping the nexon P would at least give me 10.00 KMPL in city with AC, but I was wrong completely. One of the main reasons I opted for the nexon was the alluring mileage figures and the cost which made me go for this instead of the Ecosport. However, now I am thinking if I made the right decision.
sahas83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 23:00   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post

d) Returned to Bangalore. Filled tank, used it for 2 weeks in city. City mileage in Bangalore traffic is 8.5 in Sports Mode with 100% AC on and heavy traffic.

Now, with regards to the mileage, anyone facing similar numbers? I do Tank full method and surprisingly the mileage number matches with that in m.i.d. I was hoping the nexon P would at least give me 10.00 KMPL in city with AC, but I was wrong completely. One of the main reasons I opted for the nexon was the alluring mileage figures and the cost which made me go for this instead of the Ecosport. However, now I am thinking if I made the right decision.
I think Tata deserves the benefit of doubt till now as you are just about in the run in period. 2800kms is still far less to give you a better mileage. Let it complete about atleast 7000kms before you start judging its mileage because the normal standard is about 8k to 10k to start getting better mileage from the cars.

My brother has Brezza top end and has done more than 20k on the meter and still is not getting the so called ideal mileage. The mileage stands at around 17kms as against claimed 24kms by Maruti. He is a good driver so any improvement in mileage is not guaranteed yet.

I feel the choice of car is still better in your case for the sheer styling and premium feel so no need to feel disheartened as yet. Mileage will increase with more kms you cover, will take time but surely will so please don't expect the mileage to increase overnight and be patient. Cheers and happy driving.
Syed Monis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 00:03   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
One of the main reasons I opted for the nexon was the alluring mileage figures and the cost which made me go for this instead of the Ecosport. However, now I am thinking if I made the right decision.
There is a very interesting article on are turbo charged cars really fuel efficient? All should have a read on how turbo chargers work.
Here is the Link

Few pointers I am quoting:
Quote:
Driven carefully, turbochargers do offer efficiency gains. But that efficiency can quickly disappear if you don't drive with discipline. A turbocharged engine turns into a fuel-hog under hard acceleration, because the large volume of air being pumped into the cylinders must be matched by a larger volume of fuel.

With a turbocharger, hard acceleration results in extremely high cylinder pressures. In response, the fuel system shoots in plenty of extra fuel - and there go your fuel savings.

The key is to avoid large throttle openings. Accelerate gently, and don't cruise at high speed. Keep your car as light as possible by taking out unneeded luggage, and cut down aerodynamic drag as much as you can – keep the windows closed, and don't use a roof rack unless you need it.
Source

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 5th April 2018 at 00:06.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 00:05   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I was hoping the nexon P would at least give me 10.00 KMPL in city with AC, but I was wrong completely.
The key words here that you have mentioned: Sports Mode, heavy traffic.

Higher FE numbers would be in Eco mode. Switch to at least City mode, if you want to improve that. And like Syed has said, a little more running may help here.
Old 5th April 2018, 10:22   #1080
BHPian

The fact that Tata petrol engines are more sensitive to driving styles when it comes to fuel efficiency is well established. That and presence of turbocharger only compounds the effect. With our Zest, the experience had been that driving below 2000 rpm (where turbo kicks in) results in very good fuel efficiency and numbers drop dramatically with rising revs. I personally have achieved 17 kpl with 5 passengers and boot full of luggage driving at 80 kph on two lane roads with Zest.

The observation has been similar with Tiago petrol as well. My relatives bought one few months ago and they could only manage 14-15 kpl in city with mild traffic. Clearly, they weren't impressed with these numbers. However, one long drive on the highway and sedate driving brought up the figures to 22 kpl.

While it has already been talked in detail here, the key to improving fuel efficiency is driving with light foot, not revving hard and minimising engine idle.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks