Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 20:43   #1021
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Had anyone known of the exact price hike, the same information would have been shared here in the forum.
Just wondering why don't you pay the amount and book the car before the hike!
If its present financial constraints explore the possibility of paying a certain amount and holding the booking for existing price.
I have already made the booking long ago and infact car has already reached the dealership, unfortunately i am out of town due to some medical emergency in my family so won't be able to take delivery any time soon before April 15 but i am not sure the dealer can hold my booking for long and i guess I can't pay as per previous price as i will be taking delivery in April when the hike has already been in effect. Any suggestions would be really helpful here.
Old 26th March 2018, 21:05   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Tata has launch Nexon XZ Petrol at Rs.7.99 lakhs and XZ Diesel at Rs.8.99 lakhs ex-showroom.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 21:18   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi All,

I have back pain, so I am looking for a car having good ride quality. The Renault Duster is out of the budget.

How is the ride comfort in Nexon over "reasonably bad" / undulated roads. Official review suggests "jiggly ride at low speed".
Many have felt the seats are a bit soft which could be a good thing as well as bad thing at the same time depending upon who is driving and which terrain one is driving on but they are comfortable for sure though long distance could cause a bit of discomfort occassionally which might vary from person to person. Some might not feel any discomfort at all i guess. Suspension has always been the USP of Tata cars and Nexon is no different as it takes on potholes and bad roads with ease without causing any discomfort to pass through inside the cabin but that will be with chunky tires though. Ride quality is brilliant to say the least and you will never feel tired or bored while driving. I would suggest you try out the car once and see for yourself what suits you better.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 21:46   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Tata has launch Nexon XZ Petrol at Rs.7.99 lakhs and XZ Diesel at Rs.8.99 lakhs ex-showroom.
Official Press Release:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-press26mar18lowresimage.jpg

Quote:
To mark the overwhelming success of the NEXON, Tata Motors today announced the launch of its new variant – the NEXON XZ. NEXON has been a LEVEL NEX performing brand since its launch and has witnessed great recognition for its futuristic design, powerful driving dynamics and best-in-class connectivity.

Offering more choice to the customers, NEXON XZ variant is positioned very attractively to provide premium features which until now were the USPs of the XZ+. Through this, more customers will now be able to enjoy the exclusive features such as the floating touchscreen infotainment, voice command, reverse camera etc. The NEXON XZ variant will be available in both Petrol & Diesel engine options at a starting price of INR. 7,99,000 for the petrol variant and INR 8,99,000 for diesel variant (Ex-showroom Delhi).

According to Mr. Vivek Srivatsa – Head – Marketing, PVBU, Tata Motors With a continuous focus to introduce products that not only enhance the brand, but simultaneously align well with the rising aspirations of customer segments, we are happy to introduce wider choice to NEXON customers in the form of a new variant – XZ. The NEXON XZ will be positioned very attractively to provide premium features to our customers. With fourteen exciting features, the NEXON XZ is yet another step towards making the brand more aspirational.

The NEXON XZ comes equipped with the following features:
  1. Floating Dashtop touchscreen infotainment
  2. Reverse camera assist
  3. Projector headlamps
  4. Height adjustable driver seat
  5. Height adjustable seatbelts
  6. Android auto
  7. Voice command recognition – Phone, Music, Navigation and Climate control
  8. Voice alerts: For car functions like Park–brake release alert, seatbelt reminder, low fuel warning, low brake fluid warning, doors/tail gate open alert, etc.
  9. 4 tweeters
  10. Text/Whatsapp message readout & reply
  11. Image and video playback on Infotainment screen
  12. Drive-away locking feature
  13. Fabric inserts on Door trims
  14. Day/Night Inside Rear View Mirror
Taking the Compact SUV segment by storm since its launch, the NEXON has been the most awarded Compact SUV of 2018 and has been a key contributor in the success of Tata Motors’ passenger vehicle business unit.
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 23:18   #1025
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nexon XZ+ Petrol

Odo figure 808kms.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-3fccc1587076452b81da3a29f97af25e.jpeg

The following are issues and/or some initial observations so far :-

1. Noticed noise from the front side on bad roads. Came out to be the famous link rod issue. (Resolved)

2. Issue with the ICE. I was told that there was some software update available which should resolve things. (Resolved)

3. There is some noise coming from the rear right side. (Yet to send the car for its rectification)

4. The upper part of instrument cluster sometimes makes squeaky sound and almost always rattles on potholes and rumble strips. (Yet to send the car for its rectification)

5. Surprised to observe that I am able to achieve a better mileage in Sports mode than in other 2 modes in city driving conditions.

Reason: The mileage read out is sensitive to the throttle inputs. Hence in sports mode, I find myself depressing the A-pedal lesser than other modes to cope up with the traffic, leading to higher bars in instantaneous fuel indicator and thus higher av. fuel consumption figure.

6. Steering light at low speeds and weighs up with speeds quite well. Coming from Grand i10, where the rear seemed to behave like a spoilt child, doing things of its own and not responding as required by the rest of the car, Nexon drives like a single entity.

It is very difficult to drive in Sports mode and restrict yourself to the 2.5-3k rpm mark till the run-in period. Occasionally when depressing the A-pedal (At present trying not to go beyond halfway) to overtake someone, Nexon Roars as if it is teasing me and at the same time showing off the power it posseses. That's why I call it my BEAST
I am trying my level best to not get intimidated and wait for the time to come.

Here is another picture of the beast:-
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c71c2386ba8e4e6298eefcf8a57434b8.jpeg

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th March 2018 at 11:10. Reason: Editing for ease of viewing
gk.93 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 11:44   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
Nexon XZ+ Petrol

Odo figure 808kms.
Attachment 1745705

The following are issues and/or some initial observations so far :-
Hi gk.93. Thank you for sharing the initial observations. Can you also share some more pictures of the beast? I feel the white dual tone surpasses all color combinations! Enjoy your ride!
anuragverma666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 14:20   #1027
Senior - BHPian

I am somehow feeling that XZ+ is still a better option. The missing features even include fog lamps; though many people will say that such items can be done as aftermarket; if I am in market - would not suggest anything which is not company fitted.
Old 27th March 2018, 16:17   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I am somehow feeling that XZ+ is still a better option. The missing features even include fog lamps; though many people will say that such items can be done as aftermarket; if I am in market - would not suggest anything which is not company fitted.

More than that it's the rear wash and demister which cannot be done from after market. Fog lamps and alloys can be thought as passive safety features IMO.
Old 28th March 2018, 00:41   #1029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
...Just wondering why don't you pay the amount and book the car before the hike!
If its present financial constraints explore the possibility of paying a certain amount and holding the booking for existing price.
The price at the time of delivery is applicable and not at the booking time unless the dealership gives a price protection.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 08:37   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
2. Issue with the ICE. I was told that there was some software update available which should resolve things. (Resolved)
What exactly was the issue with ICE please? Could you elaborate?

I'm running on August 2017 version on the infotainment system and the presets reset all the time after engine is switched off and back on. Was this the issue you noticed as well? What version did you get the latest? Does it comes with the famous BCM update? If yes, did TATA engineer help update it or the service centre guys?

Apologies for flurry of questions.

Last edited by 0nubhav : 28th March 2018 at 08:42. Reason: Additional details
Old 28th March 2018, 13:56   #1031
BHPian

Did anyone notice the NEXON - IPL Association in TV Ads these days? Been a while since a TATA vehicle was part of such prime lime-light!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-ipl_mbl-3.jpg

Seems, TATA is betting big on the CSUV and getting good business too.

They have also have changed their launch color from blue to red.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-trophy_bnr_dstp.jpg

Check out the link IPL Trophy at Tata Dealerships !

Times are changing for the Indian giant!

Last edited by Moto$apien : 28th March 2018 at 14:02.
Moto$apien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 15:36   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
What exactly was the issue with ICE please? Could you elaborate?

I'm running on August 2017 version on the infotainment system and the presets reset all the time after engine is switched off and back on. Was this the issue you noticed as well?
I was facing a similar issue but the resetting happened when I connected my phone through Bluetooth and a call was either made or received, but not otherwise.

Quote:
What version did you get the latest? Does it comes with the famous BCM update? If yes, did TATA engineer help update it or the service centre guys?
1. This is the November 2017 version.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-f2e8e346ab5b40519000fadfe0430123.jpeg

2. No word on BCM update.

Last edited by gk.93 : 28th March 2018 at 15:44.
gk.93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 18:59   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Did anyone notice the NEXON - IPL Association in TV Ads these days? Been a while since a TATA vehicle was part of such prime lime-light!

Attachment 1746386

Seems, TATA is betting big on the CSUV and getting good business too.

They have also have changed their launch color from blue to red.

Attachment 1746382

Check out the link IPL Trophy at Tata Dealerships !

Times are changing for the Indian giant!
This is waste of money for Tata. Tata vehicles in India have no problem of visibility. Instead they should have used the money on R&D or after sales.
airbender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 19:36   #1034
BHPian

The money spent on IPL would be a rounding off number of their R&D expense. Such collaboration is creating brand recall and visibility among younger audience. Folks in theirs 40s and 50s are more reluctant of this brand because chances are, they either owned or have seen the days of Indica, while the more younger population have only heard these stories and might be more willing to try out TATA. Just my hunch.
Old 28th March 2018, 22:42   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
This is waste of money for Tata. Tata vehicles in India have no problem of visibility. Instead they should have used the money on R&D or after sales.
We are disappointed due to lack of advertising from the company and you say this is waste of money!
Marketing is a very important aspect for any consumer facing brand and for it to stay a "brand" u need visibility.
TATA is doing very little already in terms of marketing so i really hope folks from TATA don't read and take your message seriously!

As for focusing on R&D and after sales, there's absolutely no shortcomings in the former and we actually are seeing improvements in the later. But nothing can be done overnight!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks