Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2018, 19:46   #1006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I have booked Nexon Revotorq XZ+ in Glasgow Gray!

Did manage to get the handling charges written off and also managed to get them to match insurance price to Rs. 22,000 which is what I saw on policybazar. They did that with a bit of hesitation but finally agreed on that. I have to now confirm what IDV is shown on their offer. Vehicle is in stock it seems. I am going for a quick PDI today and look forward to seeing it in flesh! Loan process has begun and I may have the car by next weekend.

Any Nexon specific PDI recommendations?
Congratulations on your Nexon!
My better half booked the dual tone Blue Nexon XZ+ today. They refused to waive off the "Logistics charges" of 5000. Surprisingly they agreed to when I said I'll get the insurance on my own.
Will be starting the loan process tomorrow. They don't have stock as of now but the executive confirmed that it'll be available by 2nd week of April.

Last edited by a*ed : 25th March 2018 at 19:48.
a*ed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 21:35   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
If it occurs only in the first gear, it could be clunk noise from the half shafts, do get the service centre guys to check for the play in the half shaft splines.

I have seen a very similar issue during product development for another OEM.

Noise quite evident in first gear. In second it's mild, and no noise in other gears. What could this be? Completed my 500 kilometer run with spirited run one way, mileage was 13.5 tank full method.
Old 25th March 2018, 23:13   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Noise quite evident in first gear. In second it's mild, and no noise in other gears. What could this be? Completed my 500 kilometer run with spirited run one way, mileage was 13.5 tank full method.
To me, from whatever I am reading, this could be from the halfshafts or the mounts. It would be more pronounced in the 1st gear & reverse gears because of 2 reasons -

1) All other noises are lower (road noise, wind noise, etc.)
2) The reduction in gearing is at its highest, so torque transmission and the engine rocking while on/off the throttle is also at its highest.

Hope the people at Tata A.S.S. are competent enough to adress it during the first service
Old 25th March 2018, 23:30   #1009
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
To me, from whatever I am reading, this could be from the halfshafts or the mounts. It would be more pronounced in the 1st gear & reverse gears because of 2 reasons -

1) All other noises are lower (road noise, wind noise, etc.)

2) The reduction in gearing is at its highest, so torque transmission and the engine rocking while on/off the throttle is also at its highest.

Hope the people at Tata A.S.S. are competent enough to adress it during the first service

So I'll just ask them to check the half shafts? Do they need to replace anything?

My first service is over and this issue was non existing at that point in time.

Last edited by sahas83 : 25th March 2018 at 23:34.
Old 26th March 2018, 08:10   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
They refused to waive off the "Logistics charges" of 5000.
Well, I was also surprised when they agreed to waive it off. I told them I was interested in booking only if they did waive it off and that seems to have worked. Congratulations on your booking too!

Its raining Nexons here at TeamBHP and generally too deliveries may have picked up. My agent told me that they have delivered 30 Nexons in the recently concluded Navaratra. Blue, Red, Gray remain most preferred colours, white dual tone comes next and the silver one is the least booked one according to him.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:42   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Brought our Cygnus home earlier in the evening today.
Dad & daughter have been having a blast with the absolutely fabulous Harman system of the Nexon since then till supper time, when both of us slowly climbed out of the Cygnus with heavy hearts and heavier feet, to call it a night!
Congratulations indeed! Finally!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 14:33   #1012
BANNED

Could someone confirm if Nexon XZ has isofix mounts ?
Old 26th March 2018, 15:00   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
See below. Quoted from first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
What you’ll like:
• Dual airbags, ABS & Isofix child seat mounts are standard on all variants
Old 26th March 2018, 15:38   #1014
BHPian

Guys i had asked a question few days ago but nobody answered so i am trying my luck again.Hopefully this time i may get an answer. Copying below the question i had asked in exact text.

Guys any update with the hike in Nexon's price from April 2018. I read the news about the hike in prices but does anybody know how much more we have to shell out for Nexons from April. It's a second price hike for Nexon and its stretching my budget to the limit due to theses hikes. Previously the hike was at about 15 to 20k for Nexon but this time around TATA motors haven't mentioned any percentage of the hike to be given on any model. Any information regarding the same would be really appreciated.
Old 26th March 2018, 15:43   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
... I got to see the Nexon XM and XZ+ in flesh, and can confirm that XM does not have ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts or Tethers. The ISOFIX Chile Seat ARROW Stickers are missing in the XM as well as the Tether Sticker at the back as in Nexon XZ+. Attached images for reference.

Attachment 1722095

Notice the lack of ISOFIX Seat Point markers

Attachment 1722100

Notice the lack of ISOFIX Seat Tether Anchor markers and metallic hook

Attachment 1722105

Notice the ISOFIX Seat Point markers

Attachment 1722104

Notice the presence of ISOFIX Seat Tether Anchor markers and metallic hooks on the boot floor near the rear seat.

Request the moderators to kindly make the relevant changes in the introductory review page about ISOFIX Child Seat mounts being standard to be changed to not being standard and being limited to the top variant only. Maybe XZA will get them, once launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
As of now only the XZ+ variant has ISOFIX Child Seat mounts, and they are not standard on other trims. Only with the launch of XZ in the next 7-10 days will it become clear if it (XZ) at least gets them.

I have personally checked on XM trims in the showroom, and they do not have these mounts, owners may correct me if I am wrong. I also wanted my next car to have them, and Nexon was high up on my list. But XZ+ is way beyond my planned budget and so stopped thinking.

Even the brochure does not have a row among features showing ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts as a feature. It is just there in the main brochure and can only be seen in the top most variant as of now. Awaiting the launch of XZ to see if it makes it into production in that variant.
Old 26th March 2018, 16:30   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys any update with the hike in Nexon's price from April 2018. I read the news about the hike in prices but does anybody know how much more we have to shell out for Nexons from April. It's a second price hike for Nexon and its stretching my budget to the limit due to theses hikes. Previously the hike was at about 15 to 20k for Nexon but this time around TATA motors haven't mentioned any percentage of the hike to be given on any model. Any information regarding the same would be really appreciated.
Most of the manufacturers are hiking prices by 1-2%. The maximum price hike in Tata stable will be about Rs.60K, that too for the top end Hexa variant (XT 4x4, which makes it 3.4% increase). So, expect around an increase of about 33K for the top XZ+ DT Diesel and about 30K for top XZ+ DT Petrol variants. Just a speculation though.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 16:41   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Most of the manufacturers are hiking prices by 1-2%. The maximum price hike in Tata stable will be about Rs.60K, that too for the top end Hexa variant (XT 4x4, which makes it 3.4% increase). So, expect around an increase of about 33K for the top XZ+ DT Diesel and about 30K for top XZ+ DT Petrol variants. Just a speculation though.
Thanks a lot for the response. My repeated message did get me some answers. I was hoping someone has a concrete news about the percentage of hike to be made on Nexon but nevertheless your guess did help me out. It was as good as mine and unfortunately the hike will stretch me beyond the maximum with my budget and there is a situation i might have to let go my Nexon due to the current hike. I just hope it's almost the same as previous hike to be maximum so that i can still think about buying it. There could be a case i might have to buy a variant lower than the top model now if the hike is exorbitant which i am really not in favor of as i would want all the gizmos and features in my car. Let's hope things clear up soon and there is some news about the actual hike.
Old 26th March 2018, 18:43   #1018
BHPian

Had anyone known of the exact price hike, the same information would have been shared here in the forum.
Just wondering why don't you pay the amount and book the car before the hike!
If its present financial constraints explore the possibility of paying a certain amount and holding the booking for existing price.
Old 26th March 2018, 19:11   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have back pain, so I am looking for a car having good ride quality. The Renault Duster is out of the budget.

How is the ride comfort in Nexon over "reasonably bad" / undulated roads. Official review suggests "jiggly ride at low speed". I got a chance to sit in Nexon display vehicle and found that seats are on softer side. Also, the test drive vehicles are always top end equipped with 215 / 60 R16, so unable to ascertain the ride quality with 195 / 60 R16 available in lower variant. Any input regarding same will be helpful.
Old 26th March 2018, 19:41   #1020
BHPian

Tata Motors launches Nexon XZ Variant at Rs 7.99L (Petrol) and Rs 8.99L (Diesel) ex-showroom Delhi. Good pricing IMO.

Over XT variant this is expensive by Rs 67K and 82K petrol and diesel respectively and for this money it gets:
1. Floating touchscreen with Android Auto,
2. 8 speakers,
3. SMS readouts,
4. Voice commands,
5. Image & video playback,
6. Voice alert functions,
7. Projector headlamps,
8. Shark-fin antenna with GPS,
9. Reverse camera,
10. Day & night IRVM,
11. Height adjustable driver seat and front seatbelts.

PS: Current XT price is taken from Tata Motors website.

Source: ET Auto

Last edited by S.MJet : 26th March 2018 at 20:04.
S.MJet is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks