Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 18:38   #961

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

- The Nexon diesel MT (possibly XZ+) will be updated to include the cruise control feature soon. It might not be a separate launch event. Could be clubbed with the AMT launch, or might be brought in at a later date (not confirmed yet). No news on this being included in the petrol XZ+ variant.
Any confirmed sources on when this might happen?
I am planning to book Nexon this weekend. If this launch is in near future, I can wait for some more time.
Old 15th March 2018, 21:02   #962
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! Whatever swings your boat buddy! I put in a lot of elbow grease everyday to ensure it stuns. Will get the BCM once it's available.

Meanwhile another exciting update - Fog lamps!

Found the fog lamps inadequate from the beginning so out went the old and in came brand new Philips XtremeUltinons. 200% more light! 6000K. The LED - lights up almost my entire basement now! It's that powerful!

For demonstration - the one on the left is LED and the fog lamp on the right is what came with the car, the difference is day and night! It's simple plug and play and got it fitted at Concorde, Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My thanks for not the tyres. Your car is looking cool gorgeous. Hope you have updated car's BCM for that great show "Press the start button and the ORVMs opens automatically"

Keep going

Cheers!

Vinu
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7932.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7918.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 07:53   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Thanks! Whatever swings your boat buddy! I put in a lot of elbow grease everyday to ensure it stuns. Will get the BCM once it's available.

Found the fog lamps inadequate from the beginning so out went the old and in came brand new Philips XtremeUltinons. 200% more light! 6000K. The LED - lights up almost my entire basement now! It's that powerful!

For demonstration - the one on the left is LED and the fog lamp on the right is what came with the car, the difference is day and night! It's simple plug and play and got it fitted at Concorde, Bangalore.
Just my opinion: am so against folks who use such bulbs for fog lamps. These are supposed to penetrate fog and rains which is only possible with yellow light.
White just looks brighter but sucks big time when it comes to visibility.
Yet, you prioritise form over functionality! Its your car obviously but just sharing my thoughts!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 08:44   #964
BHPian

Your car is looking gorgeous. Your efforts are definitely paying off.

Quote:
Changed early as I got a fair deal on the old tyres, else I was happy with the Turanza too. The soft compound had meant two punctures and had two mushroom patches.
These punctures you mentioned; are these on the old tyres or the new ones? I thought the Michelins are the soft compound tyres.

Quote:
It's simple plug and play and got it fitted at Concorde, Bangalore.
Do we have any plug and play options to upgrade the headlights (both high and low beams)?

Last edited by Enobarbus : 16th March 2018 at 08:49.
Old 16th March 2018, 11:29   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Just my opinion: am so against folks who use such bulbs for fog lamps. These are supposed to penetrate fog and rains which is only possible with yellow light.
White just looks brighter but sucks big time when it comes to visibility.
This leads back to an interesting conversation we had a few years back on whether yellow light really scatters less in fog. This post seemed to indicate that there is no real advantage of yellow over white.

To each his own though.
Old 16th March 2018, 12:08   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
This leads back to an interesting conversation we had a few years back on whether yellow light really scatters less in fog. This post seemed to indicate that there is no real advantage of yellow over white.

To each his own though.
If you could read other posts in that thread and also carefully look at the explanation quoted in the first post, we are more concerned on increasing visibility in the immediate vicinity of the vehicle. And of course to show oncoming vehicles your presence.
I agree there is no magic colour that can penetrate fog.

Also from practical experience, white is definitely not as effective as yellow. This conclusion can also be drawn from a number of posts in other forums as well.

Since it's off topic to discuss here, i would strongly recommend reading other posts and experiences of owners than just relying on one paper!
It just talks of scattering of yellow light but no comparative analysis between the extent of scattering of yellow vs white.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 16th March 2018 at 12:14.
Old 16th March 2018, 14:25   #967
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! Old tyres had the punctures. Michelin XM2 were soft compound, Primacy looks a bit robust. Only time will tell. Yes, you get plug and play option for all lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
These punctures you mentioned; are these on the old tyres or the new ones? I thought the Michelins are the soft compound tyres. Do we have any plug and play options to upgrade the headlights (both high and low beams)?

Quote:
Just my opinion: am so against folks who use such bulbs for fog lamps.
To answer: Hope you're talking from personal experience. The white light seemed fine in the mild rain yesterday. Will check in fog soon.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 21:16   #968
BHPian

Quote:

To answer: Hope you're talking from personal experience. The white light seemed fine in the mild rain yesterday. Will check in fog soon.
Trust me they look wonderful when you are stationary or driving at low speeds and in areas with little to no lighting.
But when it rains, the light just gets absorbed by the black and wet surface of the road and you cannot see anything clearly. I have q friend using a 6000k one and he learnt it the hard way.
I had a HID rated at 6000K for my bike which sucked big time due to the bluish tinge. I hence changed it to 4300K which has a bit of yellow shade and the visibility has increased a lot.

Only reason i said against using it as fog lamps is not because of visibility alone, but others have to know your presence in the fog. Of course you could use your main headlamps but the very objective of fog lamps is lost!
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 09:28   #969
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Nexon owners have formed a really-tight WhatsApp group with 60 owners in the fold. 'One for all, All for one'. We had a second meet at the lovely green Lalbagh area with breakfast organised at the legendary MTR hotel. Had a fab time discussing Nexon, Nexon and only Nexon!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7442.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 22:53   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Trust me they look wonderful when you are stationary or driving at low speeds and in areas with little to no lighting.
But when it rains, the light just gets absorbed by the black and wet surface of the road and you cannot see anything clearly. I have q friend using a 6000k one and he learnt it the hard way.
I had a HID rated at 6000K for my bike which sucked big time due to the bluish tinge. I hence changed it to 4300K which has a bit of yellow shade and the visibility has increased a lot.

Only reason i said against using it as fog lamps is not because of visibility alone, but others have to know your presence in the fog. Of course you could use your main headlamps but the very objective of fog lamps is lost!
The white light is not good for penetrating fog. Hence, in fog lamps mostly yellow light of a certain frequency is used. Again, the white light is terribly annoying and disturbing to oncoming traffic. If you want to improve the general night time visibility then you would have to get more powerful lamps for the headlamps.
Old 19th March 2018, 01:02   #971
Distinguished - BHPian

Dealer-level mods for the Nexon to make it look like a Limited/Sport Edition:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180318wa0180.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180318wa0181.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180318wa0179.jpg

Thanks to KSD Rao.

RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 05:02   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Dealer-level mods for the Nexon to make it look like a Limited/Sport Edition:

This guy , who runs is own youtube channel , is the one behind these mods . He was previously with Maruti and has now moved to Tata .

More details about the mods in his video .

gautamkhadse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 09:53   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
This guy , who runs is own Youtube channel , is the one behind these mods . He was previously with Maruti and has now moved to Tata .

More details about the mods in his video .

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=XBXaloOafEo
This makes the Nexon much more appealing instead of the white/grey ceramic strip.
Old 19th March 2018, 14:10   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore Nexon owners have formed a really-tight WhatsApp group with 60 owners in the fold. 'One for all, All for one'. We had a second meet at the lovely green Lalbagh area with breakfast organised at the legendary MTR hotel. Had a fab time discussing Nexon, Nexon and only Nexon!
Nice to have such tightly coupled groups so that in case of issues/defects in the vehicle, it is easy to raise concern with the company/ Service Center.

Any idea what is the best/worst and average Fuel Efficiency of Nexon Diesel in City and Highway conditions. I goolged , tried finding on YouTube but not many reviews are available online to ascertain the real world fuel efficiency of the Nexon Diesel engine. Couple of owners have reported in the review that it is not very consistent, which could be due to various modes used while driving. Some say it as 17 kmpl, some say 20 kmpl and I have watched video where owner is claiming it as 23 kmpl !! (perhaps ECO mode).

Also, could you please comment on the accuracy of the Real Time fuel Efficiency indicator in the car?
Old 19th March 2018, 16:50   #975
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, no car can claim to give consistent mileage - as road conditions are certainly not the same always. Nexon is definitely above average. There is a difference of 3KMPL (In my car) when you compare the onboard mid figure and tank-to-tank method. When I bought the car the T2T figure was 14KMPL in Sports mode. After covering 1,500 Kms, it went up to 18KMPL. On my last two long trips (One to Mangalore and one to Chennai), I got an outstanding 24 KMPL and 22 KMPL!!! - keeping the speed at average 80-100 KMPH. Now City average is hovering at 17 KMPL. Mid is always giving high figures but calculating T2T gives the correct picture. These days I'm doing sedate driving using City mode mostly and Eco only in tight traffic situations, to keep the car from lunging at the bikes in front

The car is a gem and I keep rewarding it with accessory upgrades when desired & Salon treatments. Till now I don't have a single niggle to report at 8,500 Kms on odo. Phenomenal job by Team Tata Motors!

Our Nexon group members are pretty happy with their rides. Also, we keep the pressure on Dealers and Service Guys to deliver. If anyone has a problem we try to help each other in Bangalore (one guy got things broken in the cockpit by careless service personnel, and they had to replace it - giving home service, due to the pressure we mounted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Nice to have such tightly coupled groups so that in case of issues/defects in the vehicle, it is easy to raise concern with the company/ Service Center. Also, could you please comment on the accuracy of the Real Time fuel Efficiency indicator in the car?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_8034.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks