Old 13th March 2018, 20:28   #946

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Congratulations on your car and i hope it brings you lot of smiles and happiness. I am awaiting delivery of my Nexon too which is coincidentally of same color and variant. I feel White dual tone looks more mature and premium than other colors. Would you mind sharing a few pics of the car here for everyone to see. As they say if you got it flaunt it.

Thank You.
I just love this Car. It has the road presence, it has the perfect proportions for my requirement, it has the features. Right now it is a unique car and along with it you get attention of uniqueness.

Whatever this car holds for me in future, my feelings for it won't change.

The White Dual Tone is such a premium outfit for the Nexon. The moment I saw this colour, was sold then and there. I have not been able to click photos till now, will surely post them as time permits.
gk.93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 23:59   #947

Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Do you have these for petrol?
I am trying to get that too. Keep an eye on this thread for it.

Thanks, RavenAvi - the clip shows "all new" .. but I think this would be for the currently available engine, isnt it ?
All official communication (mails/bulletins/communiques) since the September 2017 launch refers to it as the "all-new Nexon". Same in the case of this particular tech bulletin as well.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 02:11   #948

Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Not really. While the service interval is 15000kms the recommendation is to do a general checkup every 7500kms. To me, lower visits to service station means better experience.. be it check up or actual service.
I don't think you need to go to service center every 7500kms. Even if you go the service center,they will check the oil levels only.
You can just check the oil levels by opening the bonnet youself.

I think this 7500km general checkup is mentioned by most of the manufacturers whose service interval is 15000 kms.
Old 14th March 2018, 15:40   #949

XZA interiors & central console. No tambour door.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180314wa0052.jpg

Thanks to Autospy at Pune.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 15:58   #950

Looks like there is no arm rest either, if so that is a big -ve
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 16:28   #951

Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
XZA interiors & central console. No tambour door.

Thanks to Autospy at Pune.
I will be highly disappointed if the Arm Rest does not make it to the XZA. It will be simply unacceptable from an 11 lakh+ vehicle. Anyone has any clarity on when does Tata plan to officially launch the AMT? The wait seems to be endless.
anuragverma666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 18:10   #952

Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looks like there is no arm rest either, if so that is a big -ve
The position for the arm rest is right there behind the hand break. They would have removed it in the test car maybe.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 19:30   #953

Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
And the Beast Arrives.
GK,
First of all, congratulations!

Where did you book your car and how long was the wait time? And also did you pay the handling charges that the Tata Dealers are still charging? The price list I have from two dealers does include Rs 6500 handling charges and the agent said that they were aware of the ruling but they were still billing it anyways.

avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 21:54   #954

Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
And the Beast Arrives.
Recently got the delivery of Nexon White XZ+ DT (Petrol)
Congratulations! Waiting for some detailed pictures. Please do the needful.
Old 15th March 2018, 00:58   #955
yuv

Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
Anyone has any clarity on when does Tata plan to officially launch the AMT? The wait seems to be endless.
I couldn't agree more. Tata Motors seems to have gone into hibernation with the AMT after much fanfare at the Auto Expo. And then we find them testing it further just weeks ahead of the supposed launch. I'm not sure whats going on, but this is surely not helping instill confidence in first time buyers of a Tata car, like me. There is absolutely no official word on the launch even more than a month after the unveiling.
Old 15th March 2018, 09:22   #956

Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
GK,
First of all, congratulations!

Where did you book your car and how long was the wait time? And also did you pay the handling charges that the Tata Dealers are still charging? The price list I have from two dealers does include Rs 6500 handling charges and the agent said that they were aware of the ruling but they were still billing it anyways.

Thank you.

I bought it from Pahwa Autoworld. The Delivery happened in approximately 2 weeks time. They had the car in stock at the time of booking it. But due to delaying from my end, it got sold and they had to transit another one.

Unfortunately I had to pay those Rs. 6500 handling charges with similar justification as yours. No luck there.

The experience from booking to the Delivery was very smooth and commendable. I had no issues with them.

Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
Congratulations! Waiting for some detailed pictures. Please do the needful.
Thank you.
Will surely post them soon.

Old 15th March 2018, 11:29   #957

I have been planning to upgrade my Santro with a compact SUV. I took test drives of Ecosport, Brezza and Nexon so far. Following are my impressions (Please note that these are my personal opinions and I don't wan to hurt any existing owners or prospective buyers of any car):
  • Ecopsort: Liked the build quality but not happy with rear bench space. So decided to drop it from my list
  • Brezza: Nothing majorly wrong as far as the list of features go and the drive was decent but not as good as Ecosport
  • Nexon: Build quality is better than Brezza but not as good as Ecosport in my opinion (But almost there). I liked the way it drove also. Slightly disappointed as cruise control is missing but I can live with out that.

Finally decided to go with Nexon and approached Concorde motors at Dairy circle. Showroom experience was good and staff was courteous enough to receive us and offer refreshments. I see that there is commitment from their end to sell the vehicle. After initial discussions on features and variants, I asked them to waive off logistic charges. They didn't agree and started giving some arbitrary reason to defend the changes. I finally told them that I would go ahead with purchase only if they waive off logistic charges and they allow me to get insurance done from external agencies.

I got a call from their showroom head next day. The person at the other sounded like a responsible person and agreed to my demands . So I am planning to go ahead with my booking this weekend. I am planning to go with diesel top end. Not yet decided on color choice but inclined towards dual tone white. I will share the details after I book.

So don't give up on logistic charges. I am sure they will waive it off if we bargain hard.
Identity is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 13:53   #958

Finally, on popular demand , managed to click the beast.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-cdb64d2708e0451990c97d88ae1cb9f9.jpeg  

gk.93 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 15:42   #959

Changed my tyres at 8000 KMS, to Micheli Primacy3 ST, from the Bridgestones. Kept stock size of 215/60 R16. Could have gone slightly wider by 10 MM to 225/55 R16, but did not want to face warranty issues later.

The new shoes are really grippy and I keep my 'MiniLandie' on rails. They run really quiet. Changed early as I got a fair deal on the old tyres, else I was happy with the Turanza too. The soft compound had meant two punctures and had two mushroom patches.

The Michelins are definitely worthy and are a great step up.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_6435.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5818.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 15th March 2018 at 15:49. Reason: Added a bit
Sebring is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 18:32   #960

Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Changed my tyres at 8000 KMS, to Micheli Primacy3 ST, from the Bridgestones.
My thanks for not the tyres. Your car is looking cool gorgeous. Hope you have updated car's BCM for that great show "Press the start button and the ORVMs opens automatically"

Keep going

Vinu