Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2024, 11:42   #5356
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Dear Members, I missed the 18 month minor service of my Tata Nexon. I now need to avail the 24th month service directly. Will this miss have any issues on my warranty?My car has not run much and will hit the 10k mark in few days. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th August 2024, 18:11   #5357
BHPian

Despite the tough competition from 3XO, Sonet and Venue, Nexon is the only sub-4 meter CSUV that is putting a fight against Brezza. Others don't even make it to top ten now. With CNG model launch next month, I think Nexon can once again beat Brezza in-terms of monthly sales!
Old 12th August 2024, 21:50   #5358

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbagna View Post
  • When the sun is strong, I feel chilled at 27-28
  • But if it's cloudy, I have to lower the temperature to 23-24 to feel the cold air blowing.
Is this normal (due to temperature sensor)? Or something wrong?
I feel the same way. In my Swift, the AC doesn't seem to be affected by outside conditions. However, in the Nexon, when it's hot outside, I barely need to set the temperature below 25 degrees. Conversely, when it's cold outside, I find myself setting it below 21 degrees.
redswift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 00:12   #5359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redswift View Post
I feel the same way. In my Swift, the AC doesn't seem to be affected by outside conditions. However, in the Nexon, when it's hot outside, I barely need to set the temperature below 25 degrees. Conversely, when it's cold outside, I find myself setting it below 21 degrees.
I'm not a Nexon owner but I feel this is quite usual. It depends entirely on the external temperature. If the external temperature is 36, the car will blast it out to bring it to the set 26. If the external temperature is, say, 29 or 28, the AC will work much slower. Also, it's a matter of body's response. When the weather is a pleasant 28, we will need cold air a few degrees below 28 to actually feel the cold.

I drive a Corolla Altis with ACC and I've observed it every time. I set it at 26 all day and during rains, though I'm comfortable with 26, some friends accompanying me would reduce it till they feel the cold air hitting them. I've also observed the same in few other cars with ACC.
freakmuzik is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 18:50   #5360

Hey fellow Bhpian's
This is a query regarding my 1 year old Nexon XZA + , the car has an AMT gearbox and the slight lag in shifting is understandable, but I also face a jerk while coasting in traffic when I go off the throttle. So, a typical scenario is when I'm in traffic in 3rd gear at about 40kmph and the traffic slows down ahead of me. I instead of breaking i like to step off the accelerator and break only when required. So when I step off the accelerator the engine does not do engine braking in a smooth manner, instead it gives me 2 to 3 slight jerks and post which it gets normal and has a smooth engine braking. Although this may not be very much noticable to the passenger due to the jerk being a slight one, but from a drivers perspective its kind of annoying. Has anybody in this forum experienced the same issue? What can be cause of this and what should I tell the service advisor to check for?
Thanks in Advance
Old 3rd September 2024, 11:38   #5361
BHPian

Hi everyone,
my Nexon XZ+ is 6 years and 4 months old. I am looking to change the tyres. Can anyone suggest a good brand and any reliable shop in Delhi. I was looking at MICHELIN 215/60 R16 PRIMACY 4 ST as an option. Any reviews on this one?
Old 5th September 2024, 01:01   #5362

Need help -having terrible time with Tata Nexon

Background - car is well maintained, always being serviced at authorized service centre. No external gadgets / accesories ever used .

Issue -
1 Service centre unable to diagnose car's problem
2 Unethical and Unprofessional behaviour by service centre
3 Tata Road side Assurance unprofessional
4 Faulty car delivered by dealership ( probably).

December 2022 - Bought Tata Nexon petrol XZA plus duel tone from Lexus Motors Srerampore, Hooghly West Bengal.

Issues faced
1 There was no wireless charger in the car whereas the product brochure said that the model which I purchased had wireless charger - the sales team said that the brochure was not updated - I had to accept that since I had already paid for the car .

2 The car's tyre pressure monitor showed low pressure - the sales team filled air in the tyre using the car's charger . But the car's won't start after that - had to be jump stared using separate battery - explanation given by sales team -"such things happen sometimes " .

January 2023 - December 2023 -
The car was running well although there were two instances where the car had to be jump started - when this was informed to Tata service centre during periodic service in the service centre said that these things happen because of infrequent use ( which was not the case ) and there is no problem with car and the battery as per their analysis .

20-21 May 2024
Car was dead (the car has been frequently used and had not been idle) - Road side assistance called attended after 4-5 hours - car had to be jump started - car was taken to Tata service centre - who said "everything is ok "but battery needs servicing " and I must take the car to a local battery store for servicing .
I did take the battery to a local battery store who said there is nothing wrong with the battery other than the battery needs some charge which will automatically happen if I drive the car .

12 August 2024
Car went for a outstation trip and battery was dead in three occasions in three consecutive days - road side assistance was intimated came after 14 hours in first occasion, 3-4 hours in second occasion and did not come in third occasion.
Car was taken to service centre - service centre said battery needs to be replaced (by this time battery was outside warranty) so I had to pay the money of battery replacement.

When I asked service centre why did they not inform me of this battery problem on May 2024 when the battery was already in warranty they said at that time battery was ok .
I told them to show service records of May 2024 diagnostics . At this point I discovered no such diagnostics were done in May 2024 and there was no records that showed that the battery had problems and the car had to be repeatedly jump started.

Service manager accepted verbally this was a negligence in his part and apologized.
I don't like creating problems so I told them please run proper diagnostics because I am not sure it's only a battery problem I think there is some problem with the car's internal system which is draining out the battery.

Service centre said they have run proper diagnostics and didn't find any problem with the car and recommended to change battery.I changed the battery.
I complained every thing to sales head of Lexus Motors and I told her I suspect I have been delivered a defective car - she denied the same .

I requested both Sales manager and Tata service manager to run a proper diagnostics because I am a busy doctor if my car breaks down enroute it affects the life of my patients. ( I don't think they gave any importance to my request)

28 August 2024
I was about to leave for Airport to attend an international conference in Cochin - the car was dead again. I somehow arranged another car .

Present situation - My new car and Tata motors has become a laughing stock of the society.

I don't know if Tata Motors has the technical expertise to diagnose my car's problem.

Can anyone suggest what to do next . I have already mailed the issue to customer care - they haven't responded.

Last edited by Prelude83 : 5th September 2024 at 11:25.
Prelude83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 09:24   #5363
BHPian

Re: Need help -having terrible time with Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude83 View Post
I don't know if Tata Motors has the technical expertise to diagnose my car's problem.
If the battery has been replaced, then the symptoms seem indicate a faulty alternator or loose wiring issue. Disclaimer: I am talking from personal experience on a different vehicle from earlier which had similar issues, and am not an expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude83 View Post
Can anyone suggest what to do next . I have already mailed the issue to customer care - they haven't responded.
Social media seems to work if attention needs to be drawn with urgency. All the best.

Most Viewed