Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2023, 09:15   #5266
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkc View Post
My father's 2019 Nexon Diesel AMT recently hit 200,000 KM milestone. The car doesn't feel like it has run that much IMO. The engine is sprightly, rides as good as a 20,000 KM car, interiors feel like they will last another 200,000 easily. Although, I must admit, my father uses it mainly on highways, drives sedately and drives out of state often on work ever since COVID happened.

But I am still not a fan of the AMT (Dad doesn't complain about it). The Tata service network is still very sparse and most of them are very busy and usually never get to the little things we mention doesn't work or needs attention.

Attachment 2539732
By Joe 200k Km in 4 years? That's just amazing, what all major mechanical parts have been changed, it will be interesting to know.

I've the same variant XMA 2018 Etna Orange, with just 17k km on the odometer, drives and smells like new.

Congrats to your father for enjoying Nexon AMT.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 19:29   #5267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRomeo View Post
Could anyone please direct me to a trusted FNG or ASC for the job in pune. I recently shifted here and it wont be possible to drive back to my hometown anytime soon for this particular job.
For ASC, you can visit Garve motors workshop at Narhe, very close to NH48 and Sinhagad road. My Tata cars have been with this place over a decade and experience has been good overall as long as one is vigilant.

For FNG, about 3 kms from there, near Warje, again really touching NH48, you can look up Sai Car Clinic. My out of warranty cars are under his care (Polo GT and Ignis) with complete faith and peace of mind. Its run by a fellow BHPian Asit . You can find him and contact details on Google Maps. Nexon will also be under his care in future.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 07:37   #5268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
For FNG, about 3 kms from there, near Warje, again really touching NH48, you can look up Sai Car Clinic. My out of warranty cars are under his care (Polo GT and Ignis) with complete faith and peace of mind. Its run by a fellow BHPian Asit . You can find him and contact details on Google Maps. Nexon will also be under his care in future.

Got to second that! I have only heard the best about Asit and his garage from Pune bhpians. Got to have folks put up a directory entry for the benefit of bhpians.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 20:05   #5269
BHPian

Hello all,

I recently noticed that Tata Motors has revamped its website, and now it allows users to directly order accessories from the site. This is a great move, making it more convenient for us.

However, my experience with trying to order accessories was not entirely smooth. I attempted to place an order but encountered difficulties on the "add vehicle" page. Unfortunately, I got stuck at this point, and it became a roadblock in the ordering process. Did anyone tried successfully?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon.jpg  

rnaduthota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 19:56   #5270
BHPian

Hi folks.

I am going on a vacation in my father in law's Nexon. Bluetooth audio works fine. But I am unable to connect to Android auto. The prompt asks to connect USB cable even though it is connected and charging. I tried 2 different cables. My Android auto app in phone is updated. How to proceed, folks? Planning to hit the roads by 5am tomorrow and working on last minute troubleshooting as I need Google maps for navigation.

Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2023, 22:47   #5271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
Hi folks.

I am going on a vacation in my father in law's Nexon. Bluetooth audio works fine. But I am unable to connect to Android auto. The prompt asks to connect USB cable even though it is connected and charging. I tried 2 different cables. My Android auto app in phone is updated. How to proceed, folks? Planning to hit the roads by 5am tomorrow and working on last minute troubleshooting as I need Google maps for navigation.

Thanks.
After experimenting with 5 different brand USBs, I finally found a USB that worked. Surprisingly Samsung original and Boat USB didn't work but it was a nameless USB that worked. So the issue was not with the infotainment system or my mobile, but with the USB.

Posting for future reference of fellow TeamBHPians.
Old 27th December 2023, 11:54   #5272
BHPian

Tata Nexon skids off road after its tyre detaches, man shares scary experience
Source: Indian Express

Quote:
A man from Madhya Pradesh has shared online a frightful experience as his friends narrowly escaped unhurt when his Tata Nexon car skidded off the road after the car’s tyre detached because of a broken wheel hub.
Quote:
Tanmay Raju said the incident occurred on December 23, when his two friends were on the way from Sidhi to pick him up from Prayagraj airport in Uttar Pradesh.

Initially, they were unaware of the problem but soon noticed a tyre rolling ahead of the car and subsequently the vehicle skidded off the road into a field. The car’s occupants were unhurt and discovered that the car’s tyre had detached because of a broken wheel hub.
Quote:
Raju said he and his friends were left stranded in the field for 28 hours, facing cold temperatures without adequate food or water. Despite this, he said Tata Motors later demanded payment for the tow truck. But he arranged a private tow truck service at 2 pm the next day and towed the car to a Tata Motors workshop in Rewa.
Quote:
“This incident, lasted over 28 hours, and posed a life-threatening situation. Tata Motors should take full responsibility for this caused by part failure,” he said.
Twitter:https://twitter.com/TanmayRaju2/stat...99880806150231

A somewhat similar incident recently involving Scorpio N:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...n-failure.html (Owner loses leg after Mahindra Scorpio-N crashes into barrier due to *alleged* suspension failure)

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 27th December 2023 at 11:55.
Old 28th December 2023, 00:30   #5273
BHPian

Quote:
After experimenting with 5 different brand USBs, I finally found a USB that worked. Surprisingly Samsung original and Boat USB didn't work but it was a nameless USB that worked. So the issue was not with the infotainment system or my mobile, but with the USB.

Posting for future reference of fellow TeamBHPians.
I was facing the same issue with my Pixel 7a. The solution I found was to go to the app section on the phone and uninstall Android auto updates. Then install the updates again. After that, my phone is getting detected with the same cable.

I thought this was an issue with my Pixel phone.
However, Apple has worked flawlessly since I got the car, no issues on that part.

Nexon 2022 Jet (P)
rajarshi94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 10:31   #5274
BHPian

Hello all.
1. There is a metallic noise while sharp turning steering to left at 25+kmph speed as in hairpin bends or sharp bends of ghat sections in my 2022 Nexon XZ+ MT (20000km in odo). The noise is heard even by co- passengers. The noise doesn't occur below 25kmph and in highway or city.
Is it a known issue? What could be the problem and the solution?

2. What are the signs of ABS acting while braking?
Twice I have felt metallic feedback in brake pedal during sudden braking.
Old 29th December 2023, 10:53   #5275
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all.
1. There is a metallic noise while sharp turning steering to left at 25+kmph speed as in hairpin bends or sharp bends of ghat sections in my 2022 Nexon XZ+ MT (20000km in odo). The noise is heard even by co- passengers. The noise doesn't occur below 25kmph and in highway or city.
Is it a known issue? What could be the problem and the solution?

2. What are the signs of ABS acting while braking?
Twice I have felt metallic feedback in brake pedal during sudden braking.
1. The sound is not normal. Get the steering column and front arms checked in Tata.

2. That's exact sign of ABS. Nexon skids easily in broken uneven roads with gravel if you press the brake pedal bit hard (happens easily as you sit on a height) above 40-50 kmph so the ABS kicks in. Happened a lot with me. I have noticed my Glanza ABS doesn't get activated in simillar situation. I assume that is due to kerb weight difference.
rajarshi94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 12:35   #5276
BHPian

Hey,
I have a 2021 model Nexon (P) which has done over 36k kms. My stock headlight (on the drivers side) stopped working. Is it normal? Do I have to ask the SA to check for any electrical issues?

Also, is it advisable to get another set of headlights since the performance of the stock ones is not that great? Are there any recommended after market modes? Also if I install them, will it void my extended warranty?

Please help me out.
Old 8th January 2024, 20:42   #5277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
I have a 2021 model Nexon (P) which has done over 36k kms. My stock headlight (on the drivers side) stopped working. Is it normal? Do I have to ask the SA to check for any electrical issues?

Also, is it advisable to get another set of headlights since the performance of the stock ones is not that great? Are there any recommended after market modes? Also if I install them, will it void my extended warranty?
It looks like issue with fuse or headlight bulb. You can visit any local vehicle accessories shop to check the issue.
Regarding the headlight update, you can replace it with LED bulbs. If you choose bulbs with a similar power rating to the existing halogen bulbs (default is 45W, I think), it won't void the vehicle warranty.
rnaduthota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 18:39   #5278

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
Hey,

Please help me out.
Instructions to change headlight bulb is given is user manual. So, changing it yourself won't void warranty.
Old 11th January 2024, 15:11   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
By Joe 200k Km in 4 years? That's just amazing, what all major mechanical parts have been changed, it will be interesting to know.

I've the same variant XMA 2018 Etna Orange, with just 17k km on the odometer, drives and smells like new.

Congrats to your father for enjoying Nexon AMT.
Apologies for the late reply. I was traveling on work and just getting around to responding to this.

Thank you! I will let my dad know. I will do my best to summarize the ownership very briefly. Again, apologies for not putting down a detailed ownership review primarily because he drove/sat most of the mileage and he can probably speak better on his experience. I will summarize the service experience so far because I have dropped his car off at the service center for the most part after his initial service experience. I will do my best to remember what I can.

When we first bought the car, every once in a while, the battery would get drained out and we had to jump start it to get going. When he took the car to the service center, they would dismiss it saying he pressed the start button twice when turning off the engine or forgot to turn off the infotainment, etc. After this happened like 4 times, I took car the service center (it was the Concorde motors near diary circle) and I wanted documented evidence of what they checked and give it to in me writing. They said they fixed it and when I took the car out of service center, it literally stopped right in front of the forum mall in peak traffic. I got pretty agitated and had them come and fix it right away. They took it back and the service manager dropped the car off at home after couple of days (we live in north Bangalore). He said they identified the issue (it was a wiring issue) and asked us call him directly if that happened again.

After Concorde closed, we started dropping it off at Adishakti near Manyata. It would take forever to get an appointment and they would never get to the minor issues. Then I found Prerana Motors in Peenya and they were miles ahead with regards to service experience when compared to Adishakti. They always had an appointment available and they would also generally preventatively replace parts when we complained.

Here are the list of parts replaced under warranty,
- Very early on we heard a humming noise from one of the wheels, they replaced the bearing under warranty and there's been no issue till until recently
- They replaced the AMT Box (Not the transmission) under warranty when we complained of jerky shifts around 60K (The calibration didn't seem to help after some point).
- Around 140K when Dad was in Hyderabad on work, his Nexon didn't start and they identified the issue to a faulty Fuel Pump. They offered to repair it for 45k because the new was more than double the cost according to my Dad's conversation with them. He asked them to ahead and repair it. When he told about the incident after he had gotten it done, I was telling him that he should have probably just gotten the part replaced instead. He said they seemed trust worthy. And I guess he was right, so far the repaired fuel pump is running fine.
- He has replaced the Tyres twice so far (once at around 100k and he's on a new set since last week).
- He had a minor incident when a Cab crashed into his side fender and front bumper trying to overtake him, he got that work done under insurance at Adishakti. The paint match was pretty decent and the paint job was good too.
- When he dropped off his car for 200K service recently, Prerana motors did a free detailing work (rubbing and polishing) on his car and they also gave him a set of detailing products as a compliment.
- He still prefers company service because the service costs have been low so far
- He also thinks that bearings in one of the wheels may need to be replaced soon (He's one of those who will push a maintenance till it's absolutely needed or till I make enough noise about it that he surrenders, lol).
- He's 76 and still enjoys driving and loves his Nexon. He feels it's a reliable and tough build car. Before that he has driven a Ford Fiesta, Figo, Opel Astra Club, Esteem, Zen, 1000, 800, Padmini, Fiat 1100D etc (I might have missed a couple) for more than 40 years.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by pradeepkc : 11th January 2024 at 15:31.
pradeepkc is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 23:09   #5280

Hello Everyone,

I am the newbie here. Most of my automotive knowledge is from TBHP posts and i thank everyone for that. I have booked my first car, a Nexon Creative AMT petrol variant today from Key Motors, Kanakapura Road.

My driving requirements would be around 50% on highway, 35% in City, 15% in village areas. We are a family of 3, myself, wife and a 12 yrs old son. I didn't consider any Maruti make for the lack of safety. Venue and XUV300 were relatively expensive for my budget. Between Punch and Nexon, turbo charged engine won even though it is a tad expensive by my calculations.

I would like to know from Nexon owners:

It really helps to buy both extended warranty and AMC, each costing about 21k?

Is P2P something in addition to the above?

One of my friend suggested I get the original tyres changed to Bridgestone or Michelin immediately after taking delivery. What's your take on that?

Any suggestions regarding accessories?

Thanks,
Sateesh
kskumaraxa1660 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed