Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2023, 18:58   #5251

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

My 2nd Gen Nexon XMA that has run for 15000KM over the last 2.5 years has recently developed a tell-tale wobble that is emanating from the front right wheel (steering side), for the last 2 weeks. I had noticed this wobble while driving slowly (20 kmph) on a bump-free straight paved road and my wife has independently pointed the same to me that she could feel a wobble coming from the front right wheel direction.

By wobble I mean a rhythmic bump like disturbance that we can feel when the car is moving. I could feel that the rhythm kind of gets faster, as the car moves faster.

Any ideas what could be the reason and how do I get this fixed? I am a little spooked about driving the car right now, lest the wheel falls off!
Old 13th October 2023, 20:41   #5252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeram625 View Post
My 2nd Gen Nexon XMA that has run for 15000KM over the last 2.5 years has recently developed a tell-tale wobble that is emanating from the front right wheel (steering side), for the last 2 weeks. I had noticed this wobble while driving slowly (20 kmph) on a bump-free straight paved road and my wife has independently pointed the same to me that she could feel a wobble coming from the front right wheel direction.

By wobble I mean a rhythmic bump like disturbance that we can feel when the car is moving. I could feel that the rhythm kind of gets faster, as the car moves faster.

Any ideas what could be the reason and how do I get this fixed? I am a little spooked about driving the car right now, lest the wheel falls off!
Symptoms point towards an unbalanced wheel. Why don't you take to the nearest wheel Balancing and Alignment shop and get it checked?
Or better still, change the tyre to the spare and check if the wobble repeats.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 19:57   #5253

Quote:
Which tire do you have ? My first gen Nexon with Goodyear tires had the same issue.. i got 25k kms out of it, but then it turned out the tire had some structural issues (was not an even round shape anymore) apparently after a few puncture fixes. I was told by my tire shop that such issues were common with those tires.

One point, like suggested in above post, please check your tires at a good dedicated wheel alignment and balancing shop. Do check if they are using a computerized wheel balancing system, and the weight balance reading says 0 exactly.
Old 14th October 2023, 21:07   #5254
BANNED

Hi fellow community members. How is the feedback on Tatas DCA from reliability / failure standpoint? I havent seen any rants /comments ala VW group bashing. To be fair though Tatas DCA sales would be far less and more recent hence maybe less complaints?
Old 15th October 2023, 11:24   #5255

I got wheel alignment from Greeshma's Harsha tires in Hyderabad, and the feedback is that the tires are in good shape and they did wheel balancing, alignment and rotation. However, the problem still persists and the same was confirmed by the tire alignment guys through a test drive after completing the work.

Infact, they went a step ahead and refined the problem diagnosis a bit further! The exact problem that my Nexon XMA is facing is that - When the car is climbing an upward incline, and at the second gear at around 20-30KMPH, the front right wheel wobbles and thereby the car wobbles, overall. I have managed to pin-point that the wobbling is starting from the direction of the front right tire ( below the steering), but not sure what is causing it. The mechanics at the tire workshop opined that it could be due to an issue in the clutch or in the drive shaft, but I am no expert so cannot say.

What do you guys suggest I do here? I am thinking of taking it to a Tata service center but none of the centres have good reviews on Google. Any reccommendations for a good Tata service centre in Hyderabad ( in & around Gachibowli) or any good mechanic?

I am still using the OEM Bridgestone Turanza tires. The tire workshop guys confirmed that the tires are in good shape and don't need to be replaced.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th October 2023 at 12:06. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
sreeram625 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 11:19   #5256
BHPian

Quote:
Any reccommendations for a good Tata service centre in Hyderabad ( in & around Gachibowli) or any good mechanic?

I am still using the OEM Bridgestone Turanza tires. The tire workshop guys confirmed that the tires are in good shape and don't need to be replaced.
You may try once at Tata Motors Cars Service Centre - Malik Cars, Shaikpet, Tolichowki (Opp. Road to Passport Office), Hyderabad. Consult Mr. Rami Reddy, senior and experienced service manager for Nexon vehicles.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 17:30   #5257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If none of this - ask for a warranty replacement of the BCM. I'd suggest you give lowest possible ratings for all feedback options when TaMo calls you for service feedback. Do not budge. That will be a good starting point. They do take cognizance of feedbacks much more than they did in the past. Rest - depends on how much patience you have to get something in return for the agony that was caused.
Apologies for the delayed revert here. I would also like to thank you for suggesting this route, even though to a different teamBHPian!

So, my father wrote a long email and got an immediate response to the same. He then got a call from the service centre who got the car picked up. It was with them for about 9 days. They said they checked the electrical system, Dynamo, fuel pump, starter motor. They suspected and then replaced the starter motor under warranty. He has his own doubts about the logic - why would car start as soon as they put in a new battery? For that they gave him an explanation which he couldn't understand fully. Long story short, they did a lot of checks and gave the car back and it seems to be working perfectly fine for the past 2 months without giving any trouble!
adithyaravi89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 05:26   #5258
BHPian

I'm booking the new Nexon Fearless S+ Purple DT for use of my daughter and came in to checkout this thread looking for a review but alas, could not find any!

No-one test drove one!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
came in to checkout this thread looking for a review but alas, could not find any!

No-one test drove one!?
Can't find the edit button. Got it here:

2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review

Wonder why it is listed as a separate thread when you already have an official thread.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd October 2023 at 09:56. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 1st November 2023, 10:44   #5259

I am planning to replace our 2018 Dezire already sold with a car suitable for city driving as weekends are taken care by XuV700
Can anyone confirm the feedback for smart plus base as my wife is new driver and we are confused between Exter, Punch and Nexon between price range of 9.5 to 11 lakhs.
Don't want to stretch beyond 11.00

Punch current avatar is a bit underpowered on steep inclines when fully loaded. I had to switch it to manual while driving my in-law's punch automatic on steep incline and hence it created dilema iny mind.

The showroom has only automatic top variant for test drive and want to know the manual feedback for 5 gear smart or smart plus variant.
Does having one gear less impacts fuel economy or torque output?
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:44   #5260

5 Month Old Tata Nexon Diesel AMT BS6 Battery Issue

Dear BHPians,

I bought Tata Nexon Diesel AMT BS6 Red Hot Dark Edition in May 2023. The car had been doing absolutely well. Got my first service done in May 2023 itself as I clocked 2000+ kms in first week itself.

Soon the car was due for 2nd Free Service based on calendar schedule, nearing 6 months from date of purchase. Had completed 5,500 kms.

Here is where the nightmare started. The next day after my 2nd Free Service, I got a Battery Malfunction Red Light. I spoke to the nearest service center and they advised to bring it to the service center. Next morning as when I wanted to go to the Service Center, The car didn't start and the Battery was Dead.

I called up Go Digit Road Side Assitance and got their late response call back after 2 hours. Here Go Digit didn't help much, however I also called in Tata Customer Care and realized that I have 2 years of free RSA from Tata. Prompt service from Tata RSA, within 30 minutes RSA came in, did a battery jump start.

Next 48 Hours Service Center did battery charging & testing, and the battery failed. The then sent it to Amaron for warranty claim. Amaron took another 48 hours and found the battery is OK condition, warranty claim rejected.

After 8 days got a call from service center that the car is ready. Upon reaching there to take the delivery saw the battery red light is still ON. Seeing my frustration they gave a standby battery and send the Amaron battery again for warranty claim.

After 2 days of usage with the Standby Exide Battery again the Battery Malfunction RED Light came ON. Next day frustrated again wanted to go to the service center, but the car didn't start, again a Dead Battery. This time the service center themselves sent a technicain and a jump start battery. They took the car for further diagnosis.

I was then told that this batch of Car delivered in May 2023 has some issue with some parts which needs to be recalled & replaced by end of October 2023 and also some software update needs to be done. Escalated it to Tata Regional CSM.

After lot of diagnosis between Tata Authorized Service Center and Tata Backend Technical Support, the leakge was identified as PEPS ESCL has malfunctioned causing current leakage. This part was replaced in warranty and my original battery was installed back.

Issue 1: The showroom from where I purchased the car, never called me to update about the failed part or software update.

Issue 2: When the car was in service center for 1st 8 days, they didn't suspect or test for current leakage.

Issue 3: Without Car of almost 2+ weeks.

Appreciations: Tata Regional CSM & Service Center - Service Manager took special attention the 2nd time to keep me posted of the progress and prompt delivery.

In this overall 1 month ordeal have lost confidence on the reliability of this car, however will use the car regularly and post any further developments / feedback.
NexonNewman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 19:21   #5261

Our 1st car celebrates its 1st Anniversary!
Our Royal Blue Nexon has been taking us places and we are happy & satisfied with our purchase. The car even got the third service recently. The odometer currently stands at 12546 kms. Overall mileage is 15 kmpl (MID), never did a tank-to-tank method. But going by the thumb rule it maybe 13 kmpl in actual. This is based on 60 % city use & rest the highway.
Frankly, the car has more of the good stuff to offer than the bad ones. Still, I would list them out.

Current Odo
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231128-23.49.02.jpeg

Straight to the Mandir from the Showroom
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.42-2.jpeg

Maiden trip to Udaipur
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.42-1.jpeg

Cons –
1. No option to set a default driving mode on each start. I had to select it (to Sports) every single time on my way to office & back.
2. However, in Sports mode the turbo kicks in hard. Which is great for solo drives, not so for the family trips. Hence, I have stopped using the Sports mode in the City. Its reserved only for the highway runs.
3. The TPMS started to flash suddenly straight out of nowhere (just for a few seconds). It has happened thrice over a year only on highways. I did not fill any air before this happened. I suspect it tries to reset itself based on ambient conditions.
4. Very recently, during shutdown I hear a faint whistle from under the bonnet. I suspect it to be the belt. But the SA says it’s with all Petrol Nexon – to which I asked for a proof and guess what he had a brand new Nexon which was ready for delivery the next day & it occurred in it too (although bit fainter than mine). Still, he assured that all belts are running fine & that they will be changed as per schedule. I don’t know if that’s just mine or others have also faced the same problem.
As a matter of fact, my dad owns a 2017 Ecosport with the Ecoboost engine that has clocked 44000 kms to date. And no such sound has ever come from that car’s engine. Fingers crossed.

Onwards the Monsoon Palace in Udaipur
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.40-1.jpeg

Atop the Monsoon Palace (near the car parking)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.38.jpeg

At Raita Hills (Near Udaipur)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.40-2.jpeg

Beside the famous Fateh Sagar Lake
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.39-2.jpeg

Pros –
1. Ride quality – Slightly stiff in the city on slower speeds, but on highways simply gobbles the potholes & doesn’t bounce on wavy roads either.
2. Handling – This is a heavy car, with a high GC. Still, it’s not unnerving doing sudden lane changes or on fast highway turns. Given its design, it works well.
3. Steering – Light at city speeds, gets heavier as the speed builds.
4. FE – Since I have a direct competitor of my car back at home, I can say that this one offers slightly better mileage (about 2kmpl overall).
5. Engine – In City mode it gets the job done. But in Sports mode it goes ballistic. I am not boasting but it’s just that I enjoy the difference in experience that the Sports mode provides.
6. Seat Comfort & Space – My 2 set of parents have spent hours in the backseat & even they remained quite active at the end of the journey. I have done a 15-hour drive & few 12-hour drives but arrived better than I expected. We never ran short of space for luggage. Cubby holes come very handy for storing bottles and nick-knacks etc.
I would say that this product ticks most of the boxes that we look for in this category and price range. And given its safety rating, it only gets better. And now they have 6 airbags on top of that! I agree the service experience may not be in the same league as some foreign brands, but I can see them improving. Hope they also bring this one aspect with the best in the market, as they did with their products.

Thanks.

En route to Kanatal (Uttarakhand)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.39-1.jpeg

At Kanatal (Uttarakhand)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.39.jpeg

Somewhere on the way back from Mt Abu
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.24.jpeg

Beside the River Bhagirathi (Near Tehri Dam)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20230529_122440805.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.38-1.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.40.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231127-20.01.42.jpeg  

LegenDARY is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 23:20   #5262

Hello all.
My diesel Nexon XE bought in 2019 turns 4 years old on 21st of next month. It has clocked 91k kms. The owners manual states to change the timing belt on 105k kms or 24 months, whichever is earlier.

So i am thinking of getting the belt changed. The only issue is with the TASS (Panchajanya Motors, Pune) where i serviced my car the last time. During the last service, i had asked the executive regarding the belt change and he stated that ‘we’ change belts at 100k kms. upon asking a rough quote, he said it would cost ‘a lot’ because apparently the ASC also replaces the water pump (why ?) along with the timing kit.

Now, i am rattled by the anxiety that if i push the ASC to only comply to my request, i might not get the job done the right way or might somehow be coerced into changing some part unnecessarily due to unforeseeable error. How do i deal with this conundrum ?

Btw, the car runs just fine and is periodically maintained.

Should i try go with ASC or get my job done at a FNG. Also, i have no idea of any reliable FNG in my area.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th December 2023, 13:56   #5263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRomeo View Post
So i am thinking of getting the belt changed. The only issue is with the TASS (Panchajanya Motors, Pune) where i serviced my car the last time. During the last service, i had asked the executive regarding the belt change and he stated that ‘we’ change belts at 100k kms. upon asking a rough quote, he said it would cost ‘a lot’ because apparently the ASC also replaces the water pump (why ?) along with the timing kit.
Yes - I'd say you should get the timing kit changed. Its due now anyway in near future. And no - ideally there is no direct link with the water-pump as such. Just check in case the water-pump is also prescribed for a replacement at the 100K KMs mark as per schedule.

The timing kit change should be somewhere around 10-12K IIRC. Not much more than that.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 01:07   #5264
BHPian

My father's 2019 Nexon Diesel AMT recently hit 200,000 KM milestone. The car doesn't feel like it has run that much IMO. The engine is sprightly, rides as good as a 20,000 KM car, interiors feel like they will last another 200,000 easily. Although, I must admit, my father uses it mainly on highways, drives sedately and drives out of state often on work ever since COVID happened.

But I am still not a fan of the AMT (Dad doesn't complain about it). The Tata service network is still very sparse and most of them are very busy and usually never get to the little things we mention doesn't work or needs attention.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_2l_milestone.jpg
pradeepkc is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 08:03   #5265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The timing kit change should be somewhere around 10-12K IIRC. Not much more than that.
Thank you so much. I’ll get it changed soon now.

Could anyone please direct me to a trusted FNG or ASC for the job in pune. I recently shifted here and it wont be possible to drive back to my hometown anytime soon for this particular job.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks