Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 23:53   #5221
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabh002 View Post
You can blindly go for Osram H7 45210CW 25W LEDs from a reputed seller on Amazon:
- I have been using it on both of the Nexons we have and no problems so far (~1 year of usage)
- They are plug and play, no cutting/rewiring
- MUCH better headlight performance: low beam is finally usable and high beam is just crazy on highways (and obviously blinding for oncoming traffic on 2 lane roads)
- Don't think too much about the wattage. Based on what I found during my research, all the brands that advertise 40, 50, 60W per bulb are probably lying; all of them are not much more than 25W since the heatsink at that size is only capable of cooling a 25W bulb, any more wattage with the same size of heatsink: the bulb will quickly overheat and die.
When you use leds on projector low beams is it blinding the upcoming traffic? Please let me know the temperature color of the leds as well.
Old 21st June 2023, 07:16   #5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala02 View Post
When you use leds on projector low beams is it blinding the upcoming traffic? Please let me know the temperature color of the leds as well.
In low beam, the beam pattern and cut off is exactly same as it was with the halogen bulbs. So no, it will not blind the oncoming traffic at all.
Color temperature is 6000K.
arunabh002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 12:40   #5223
BHPian

Hello Fellow Tbhpians,

My Nexon is now nearly 2 years and almost 25k kms old and I have a dilemma now. I did not opt for the extended warranty initially and now the standard warranty will come to an end with the end of July 2023.
The Tata Motors people are charging ₹24k for the Extended warranty to cover the next 3 years or upto 1,25,000 kms.
The question is, should I go for the EW? My insurance already covers the engine and consumables. Can I not add some more riders to the insurance to get the similar coverage?
I do not intend to sell the car in the near future, so the arguement of having a high resale value does not hold good for me. What other pros and cons should I be looking at?
Old 29th June 2023, 14:38   #5224
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hello Fellow Tbhpians,

My Nexon is now nearly 2 years and almost 25k kms old and I have a dilemma now. I did not opt for the extended warranty initially and now the standard warranty will come to an end with the end of July 2023.
The Tata Motors people are charging ₹24k for the Extended warranty to cover the next 3 years or upto 1,25,000 kms.
The question is, should I go for the EW? My insurance already covers the engine and consumables. Can I not add some more riders to the insurance to get the similar coverage?
I do not intend to sell the car in the near future, so the arguement of having a high resale value does not hold good for me. What other pros and cons should I be looking at?
Sir, insurance will help only in case of accident I believe. I do not think insurance will cover engine failures or any other issues. Are there any riders offered to you that failures due to ware and tear, or manufacturing defects will be covered through insurance ?

In my opinion, warranty and insurance are two exclusive things and must be treated so. Hence please take Extended Warranty if available.
Thanks
JLS
JLS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 15:15   #5225
BHPian

Thanks for the opinion.

The EW will not cover parts used in wear and tear as well, but yes, against manufacturing defects, the EW is a better option no doubt.
I ll keep your advice in mind
Old 5th July 2023, 21:14   #5226

Quote:
However lately i have noticed the diesel clatter (Engine noise) has increased. Can fellow bhpians confirm their story for Nexon Diesel NVH.
Took the vehicle to the service centre. Turns out the water pump was leaking & timing belt was creating the noise. Upon further inspection, found other components to be having issues too.

Parts changed - Water Pump, Alternator, Vaccum pump, Timing belt set (Belt, pretensioner & idler pulley).

Luckily i got the extended warranty a year back, so all the parts were covered under extended warranty. (Mine is Apr 2021 Diesel).
The fuel economy has jumped back to 20-22kmpl on highways (City Mode : 85-90kmph).

Strangely after the visit to service centre, the vehicle has started making pulsating noise at speeds above 50kmph, which at highway speeds above 80kmph creates headache. The service centre has been trying to figure out the cause, changed the wheel bearings but the issue remains.
And so the Tata Service Curse hits - No one knows whats wrong with the vehicle. .

Quote:
Another problem i face is of poor headlamp throw, at times i feel like driving on either High beam or DRL because the low beam is pure useless.
Upgraded to LED, Got Blackcat LEDs. Low Beam is finally usable, High Beam throw has improved massively. But i feel Low Beam through is still very near to vehicle. Will get the throw adjusted once the other issue is sorted.

Quote:
You can blindly go for Osram H7 45210CW 25W LEDs from a reputed seller on Amazon:
- I have been using it on both of the Nexons we have and no problems so far (~1 year of usage)
- They are plug and play, no cutting/rewiring
- MUCH better headlight performance: low beam is finally usable and high beam is just crazy on highways (and obviously blinding for oncoming traffic on 2 lane roads)
- Don't think too much about the wattage. Based on what I found during my research, all the brands that advertise 40, 50, 60W per bulb are probably lying; all of them are not much more than 25W since the heatsink at that size is only capable of cooling a 25W bulb, any more wattage with the same size of heatsink: the bulb will quickly overheat and die.
Yes, the LEDs are plug & play type, no wire cutting required.

Quote:
No the Low Beam is not blinding to oncoming traffic but High Beam is. Mine is 6000K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
I do not intend to sell the car in the near future, so the argument of having a high resale value does not hold good for me. What other pros and cons should I be looking at?
I hope my scenario explains the importance of getting Extending Warranty for Tata. My vehicle had trouble free running of 50k km only for the issues to pop up since last few weeks.
The first thing the service advisor asked me was if i had extended warranty. He explained how critical it is for Tata cars based on his daily experience.
Lazy Learner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 18:35   #5227

Nexon XMA spare wheel question:

The recommended psi for the 4 tyres are 32 psi. But the spare wheel has the number 30 printed on it - does it have a different psi reco - 30 psi?
Old 12th July 2023, 22:14   #5228

I am looking to change my tyres. Can fellow members guide for the below points:

1. Which tyre brand to go for with Nexon? My usage consists of both good & bad roads. Preference is to go for silent tyres but concerned about side cuts and tyre failures of Michelin & yoko's.
My current preference is to go for Continental UC6 but apprehensive about their life and running issues.
If not Continental then which other brand is better suitable? Bridgestone, Goodyear, Apollo

2. Are there any shops or any fellow Bhpian looking to change thier OEM alloys? Have seen quite a lot Nexon's top variants running with aftermarket alloys.
Any references to shops in Gurgaon/Delhi to find company alloys? Not willing to spend a bomb on alloys through Dealership accessories.
Lazy Learner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 21:57   #5229
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
NEED HELP / INPUTS

Model: 2020 BS6 Nexon Petrol
Mileage: 30,000 km
Last service: 30k km/ 2 year service. Carried out at about 24,000 km

Problem:
In Sport mode, in between 2000-2500 rpm. If you floor the accelerator, there is a sputter in the power delivery from the engine. Like 2/3 minor jerks where you feel the engine is starving of fuel. Doesn’t happen if you go past that band gradually. Doesn’t happen over 3000 rpm either.

This effect is less obvious in City mode and not noticed at all in Eco, so I am guessing, since it is associated with modes which deliver fuel at a higher rate it has something to do with fuelling.

SOLVED

A set of spark plugs was replaced, injector and throttle body was also cleaned. Car is back to it’s smooth throttle delivery.

It had to be something minor as suggested.
Old 30th July 2023, 09:55   #5230

Hi!

My father has a Tata Nexon manual which he bought during COVID (2020 December). Since then, he has gotten the battery changed at least 2 times!!

What is the problem? Well, sometimes, when he switches off the car, it just doesn't restart without someone pushing the car from behind! Everytime he goes to the service centre with this issue, they tell him it's a battery problem and replace the battery.

Anyone else face this issue? Any suggestions as to what we can do over here?

I am really thinking of giving it off to someone at Tata for this.
Old 1st August 2023, 23:19   #5231
BHPian

I availed my third free service for my Tata Nexon at PPS Chrompet Chennai today, and unfortunately, it turned out to be a highly disappointing experience. After a not-so-great encounter at Tafe during my prior two services, I chose this SC based on Google reviews. However, my expectations were not met, and here are my detailed observations:

I opted for the home pick-up service, and initially, things seemed promising. The driver promptly arrived to pick up the vehicle, and I received a confirmation call when the car reached the facility at around 12 pm. However, from this point onwards, the communication completely broke down.

I had to make multiple phone calls to get their attention, spoke to SC and got the SA number, but the SA number was always busy. After hours of trying, around 6 pm, the SA finally answered my call. I informed him about the issues I was facing, including low mileage and a tight clutch. Instead of addressing these concerns, he attempted to upsell non-mandatory services like AC blower cleaning, door hinge lubrication, and underbody chassis coating, which I promptly declined. We had to go into a brief debate about opting out of wheel alignment and balancing as I have already done that with MRF tyredrome. He started insisted that it was mandatory until I asked him for an email mentioning the same.

The next day, the lack of communication continued, and I had to make more than 10 calls without any response from the SA. Frustrated, I reached out to the reception and expressed my dissatisfaction with their non-responsiveness. I was raising a concern in the TMSC app when the call arrived from supervisor, he conferenced the SA. After the usual apologies and excuses, they informed me to collect my vehicle.

Upon arriving at the SC, I found my car being cleaned, but to my dismay, the floor mats were left unclean, and there were sticky marks and dirt on the scuff plates of all four doors. When I pointed out these issues, they made a rushed attempt to clean them, as it was already late. The SA asked if I had used sticky tapes to decorate the car, to which my response was that I always maintain the stock look and the only addition was the Team BHP sticker at the back. As expected they had promptly removed the 12 V charger as it powered my dash cam. (no surprises here�� )

I inspected under the bonnet and was shocked to find that it had not even received a customary wipe down or air pressure cleaning, leaving the accumulated dirt untouched. When I brought this up, they hastily wiped it for just a couple of minutes in the dim light.

In the billing, an additional Rs. 400 was added for consumables, with the not so convincing explanation that it is a common practice used for brake cleaning and general checkup. Despite my reservations, I paid the amount and left the facility. Request the fellow BHPians to throw more light on the consumables part please. The oil change did make the ride back home smooth, but the windows were covered in smudge marks. I had to stop the car midway and clean all the glass myself with a microfiber cloth.

I really wish TM SCs gives more care to customers and attention to detail. It sad to see them take our money and mete out substandard treatment. Overall, it was a disappointing service by PPS CHROMPET CHENNAI.
Bala02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 11:03   #5232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithyaravi89 View Post
What is the problem? Well, sometimes, when he switches off the car, it just doesn't restart without someone pushing the car from behind! Everytime he goes to the service centre with this issue, they tell him it's a battery problem and replace the battery.
Does the car have any aftermarket electrical accessories installed? Remember - even a small LED bulb somewhere - can be a culprit. So do check for anything added aftermarket.

If not - check carefully if the cabin dome light and the boot light are switching off when they should be off, and not permanently staying ON when the car is locked away. Then - check that the ICE unit is also fully switching off. Does the car have an amplifier added?

Typically these things drain battery if not properly switched off (automatically). If none of this - ask for a warranty replacement of the BCM. Also - when the ASC says the battery has been replaced - do you have an actual evidence of this change? Or they say it and you/your father accept it?
Quote:
I really wish TM SCs gives more care to customers and attention to detail. It sad to see them take our money and mete out substandard treatment. Overall, it was a disappointing service by PPS CHROMPET CHENNAI.
I'd suggest you give lowest possible ratings for all feedback options when TaMo calls you for service feedback. Do not budge. That will be a good starting point. They do take cognizance of feedbacks much more than they did in the past. Rest - depends on how much patience you have to get something in return for the agony that was caused.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 22:56   #5233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Does the car have any aftermarket electrical accessories installed?

If not - check carefully if the cabin dome light and the boot light are switching off when they should be off, and not permanently staying ON when the car is locked away. Then - check that the ICE unit is also fully switching off. Does the car have an amplifier added?
Checked all of this. No after market electricals added. All lights are switching off and the ICE unit is also switching off.

Quote:
If none of this - ask for a warranty replacement of the BCM.
Dad is working on this now. Thank you for the suggestion! Let's see where this takes us.

Quote:
Also - when the ASC says the battery has been replaced - do you have an actual evidence of this change? Or they say it and you/your father accept it?
No actual evidence as per my father
Old 11th August 2023, 19:12   #5234
BHPian

Good evening everyone.
Getting right to the point, I am currently being offered Tata Nexon XZA+ Petrol at 11.85 lakh on road at Himachal.
Is it worth buying it at this price when a facelift is right around the corner?
The car seems competent enough and I do not need any further features, but I am not sure whether this is a good deal since they are hardly offering any discounts or freebies despite negotiating.
Also can I expect the car to be reliable for everyday use?
Thank you for your time and responses.
Old 12th August 2023, 20:18   #5235
BANNED

Is the nexon xma petrol value for money since it's ex-showroom price is less than10 lakh rupees and at the same time getting a turbo petrol as well as being a semiautomatic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks