Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 10:17   #5176

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashislakra1989 View Post
�� i never managed to get more than 17 kpl in MID and real world 14.5kpl even in Highway. I cruise at around 110-117 kmph on Bangalore - Mysore Highway and best i got was 16.64 in MID. Damn i thought that was good mileage.
I did Hyd - Pune last weekend with my Nexon Petrol
- AC on throughout
- No sports mode this time - was tough to resist
- speed band was 100-115

Got an avg of 16 kmpl. I think would have got 16.5 if did not have last 35 kms in city traffic (Solapur Highway - Hadapsar - Khadki - Hinjewadi)
rkponders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 09:47   #5177

I did Delhi-Agra last week with AC ON and City mode throughout. Got very good efficiency numbers IMO. Below is a pic of it.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230507-2.55.17-pm.jpeg
Old 10th May 2023, 19:04   #5178

Got my Nexon XMA delivered yesterday. Many thanks everyone for all your helpful inputs. Strangely it felt a bit uncomfortable driving the car home despite multiple test drives with the dealer's car. Maybe it is par for the course since I'm the owner!

Couple of questions:
1. Related to parking. When I'm about to turn off ignition, I switch the gear to A with foot on the break and turn the vehicle off - in normal as well as on an upward slope. In case of downward slope, same steps but have to put the gear in R and then switch off. Hand brake to be engaged as well in both cases. Is my understanding correct? The manual doesn't have any info on it.

2. Related to puncture. The automatic tyre inflator comes with a fluid to fill inside the tyre and it is for one time use for a flat. In case of 2 flats, I was told to use the spare wheel for the 2nd flat. The Sales rep told to avoid the generic tubeless puncture kits that involve plugging the hole by inserting a needle etc as it increases the hole size and reduces tyre life. Is this explanation accurate?

2. XMA has a hole behind the steering wheel and I'm thinking of plugging it with a mobile holder. Suggestions welcome for the holder and otherwise.
Old 11th May 2023, 13:39   #5179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashislakra1989 View Post
I never managed to get more than 17 kpl in MID and real world 14.5kpl even in Highway. I cruise at around 110-117 kmph on Bangalore - Mysore Highway and best i got was 16.64 in MID. Damn i thought that was good mileage.
Same here. I cruise at 90-100 on highways in "CityDrive Mode" but never seen any figures greater than 15kmpl in MID.
As per my analysis one size wider rubber in my Jet edition is the cause of slightly low mileage. But I need to seriously work on my right foot accuracy it seems.
rajarshi94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 23:26   #5180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarshi94 View Post
Same here. I cruise at 90-100 on highways in "CityDrive Mode" but never seen any figures greater than 15kmpl in MID.
As per my analysis one size wider rubber in my Jet edition is the cause of slightly low mileage. But I need to seriously work on my right foot accuracy it seems.
Same here. Maximum MID number i have managed to get till now is 16.5 KMPL which is actually 15 KMPL tank to tank method. And this is with very sedate style of driving with very slow acceleration to reach a mileage friendly speed of 90 KMPH. Got bored and started driving in my usual manner, MID value dropped to 15 in next 10 kilometres.

On the other hand, my friend had driven my car on highwy with MID reading of 18 KMPL in a 130 km journey. Though it was a very nice termac with minimal traffic.
Risky4327 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 11:18   #5181

All, do we have any news when Nexon is upgrading the Android Auto to Wireless mode. The wired Android Auto keeps your phone in charging mode unnecessarily.
Old 15th May 2023, 11:56   #5182

Quote:
All, do we have any news when Nexon is upgrading the Android Auto to Wireless mode. The wired Android Auto keeps your phone in charging mode unnecessarily.
I know that the Tata nexon ev dark edition comes with a larger 10” screen and wireless apple play. I don’t know if the non ev version has the same thing.
Old 15th May 2023, 15:22   #5183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
Couple of questions:
1. Related to parking. When I'm about to turn off ignition, I switch the gear to A with foot on the break and turn the vehicle off - in normal as well as on an upward slope. In case of downward slope, same steps but have to put the gear in R and then switch off. Hand brake to be engaged as well in both cases. Is my understanding correct? The manual doesn't have any info on it.
Yes, you are doing it alright.
Quote:
The Sales rep told to avoid the generic tubeless puncture kits that involve plugging the hole by inserting a needle etc as it increases the hole size and reduces tyre life. Is this explanation accurate?
Absolutely inaccurate. As long as the puncture is fixed with plug, with right tools and carefully - there is no issue. I have driven with such tyres for tens of thousands of kilometers, as have countless others all over the world. Like most of the things that the sales executives say - ignore it. No offence to them, but that is how it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
Its not that big a deal now a days. The phones have sufficient software logic to control the charging when battery is fully charged. Its not like it will keep pumping charge in, damaging the battery.

Also - unless its a short drive inside the city - wired/wireless charging anyway is useful as with Android Auto / CarPlay along with all the load that the phones manage now a days, the battery tends to drain quite a bit anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_ag View Post
I know that the Tata nexon ev dark edition comes with a larger 10” screen and wireless apple play. I don’t know if the non ev version has the same thing.
Not yet. Hopefully it will percolate down to the other variants. Given how TaMo has been handing these things over last 2-3 years, I suspect it will make it to the current Altroz & Nexon versions with touchscreen, about 4-6 months before a full face-lift Nexon comes, with the same screen. They seem to be phasing in the facelifts rather than big steps off late. Not bad.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 10:42   #5184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Absolutely inaccurate. As long as the puncture is fixed with plug, with right tools and carefully - there is no issue. I have driven with such tyres for tens of thousands of kilometers, as have countless others all over the world. Like most of the things that the sales executives say - ignore it. No offence to them, but that is how it is.
So you choose the plug when you can see the nail and plug the hole in its place and the liquid when you can't?

For the liquid, the SA said I'll have to fill air to 22 psi, drive for sometime so it spreads inside and then fill to 32. For the plug, I guess I can straight away go to 32?

Also, any recommendation for buying a plug kit online?

Thanks for your patience in answering my entry level questions!
Old 16th May 2023, 12:13   #5185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So you choose the plug when you can see the nail and plug the hole in its place and the liquid when you can't?
For the liquid, the SA said I'll have to fill air to 22 psi, drive for sometime so it spreads inside and then fill to 32. For the plug, I guess I can straight away go to 32?
Also, any recommendation for buying a plug kit online?
I'm not sure how the liquid puncture repair is to be done, if the item that caused the puncture is not visible. Well, in such cases, the way to find the puncture will be soap-water bath to find source of air leak. Once you find the puncture - anyway chances are very slim that you can't see what has caused it. Maybe those with 1st hand experience of this liquid filler type kit can advise better.

Yes - with the usual plug fix - you can immediately fill up to the recommended air pressure, no issues. In fact - that should be done. And then check with a quick soap water spray to check there is no leak from that area anymore. If leak found - you can shove one more plug in.

Here is the one that I carry around -

Amazon product listing - puncture repair kit.
Old 23rd May 2023, 23:22   #5186
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have a really dumb question but is there any possibility that we can increase the hill assist duration from the mere second to maybe 5-6 via some changes requested from ASC?

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:41.
Old 25th May 2023, 02:54   #5187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
I did Hyd - Pune last weekend with my Nexon Petrol
- AC on throughout
- No sports mode this time - was tough to resist
- speed band was 100-115

Got an avg of 16 kmpl. I think would have got 16.5 if did not have last 35 kms in city traffic (Solapur Highway - Hadapsar - Khadki - Hinjewadi)
I get the same average too. My car has only been driven 6K yet though, I am told once the first oil change annual service is done, mileage will improve. Let's hope for the best.
Old 25th May 2023, 03:05   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Hi Guys, I have a really dumb question but is there any possibility that we can increase the hill assist duration from the mere second to maybe 5-6 via some changes requested from ASC?
I don't think it's a good idea as it also keeps the clutch in biting point which is detrimental to the clutch. It will most likely be an unacceptable modification and I not sure if ASC will be able to make the programming changes.
Bala02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 10:53   #5189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Unlike VCDS way with VW cars, the Tata BCM/ECU softwares are completely locked out. At SC level - absolutely no change is possible. Not even the simplest of things. I wanted to enable the speed-sensing door locks on my 2019 Nexon (the 6 months of 5 star certification tests) - during which they removed this feature from the BCM software. And - they cannot do it. I even requested loading an older (late 2018) version of the BCM into the car, to bring the feature in - but they didn't have the confidence to even try it. So no - absolutely no software changes possible at TASC, unless its a company provided BCM / ECU upgrade flash, with instructions.

I'm stuck with a Nexon from a small batch of 2018-19, which doesn't have one of the most important safety features for South Asian countries. I'm utterly disappointed with Tata that they haven't rolled out a BCM update for this batch, to re-activate such a simple feature.

Sadly - unlike other popular brands (VWAG mainly) - no private garages carry out software tweaks for Tata cars either as per my knowledge.

That said - I think increasing the hill hold for so long - is unnecesssary. 1-2 seconds is the sweet spot. Otherwise its too long and unhealthy for the clutch if you revv to get going earlier too often.
Old 28th May 2023, 19:20   #5190
BHPian

Hi All

My sister has the 2022 XZA+ model with remote locking and push start (in case the variant features have been changed). A weird thing happened last week, so wanted to check if this is normal in the Nexon/Tata.

Flow of events:
- Unlocked car with remote.
- Opened the rear left door, placed the key on the rear parcel tray and took out some stuff.
- Shut rear left door & tried the front left.
- Now Car was locked. Key still inside.

The car had just been unlocked, ignition wasn't on, and no button had been pressed.

While of course, she made the mistake of leaving her keys inside - I expected that the car wouldn't auto-lock with the key still inside. Is this normal? Or may be a faulty sensor or something?

Also, tried the Tata Helpline to find a resolution (the other key was in Gurgaon and she was in Delhi - so that was the last resort). The Tata Helpline was useless - no agent available at 5:30 PM.
Ultimately, spoke to the Service Advisor who suggested the old 'scale' approach. A local mechanic I knew was able to finally jimmy it open in about 10 seconds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks