Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2023, 15:15   #5146
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Hi Team,

My friend is looking for a Nexon Petrol Manual and we recently test drove one. This is his first car and so he was accompanied by his cousin who has a lot of experience. And eventually, I test drove it and we both found the clutch to be a little different from the other cars we drove.

Technically, we both stalled the car while moving it for the first time as the clutch was very different from other petrol cars that we have driven. I'm unable to explain the situation clearly but I felt like the clutch bite was very sharp.

Do you all feel the same? It's his first car and he should be good with it, but just asking if this is an issue or did any of you coming from a different car faced this or is this something that's normal in a Nexon Petrol Manual?

Any pointers would be highly appreciated. Many thanks!
When I test drove the Nexon petrol for the first time during a test drive, I took about a minute to get the car moving!. It is quite lengthy in its travel and while shifting gears, you must let it go at a very precise moment. Otherwise the drive will be jerky.

But after many months, I am fully used to it and not at all troublesome. It is actually very very light and smooth and you will start enjoying it .
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:39   #5147
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinox~Cnu View Post
For sure Tata Motors must focus on quality control and dealership issues. Thank you for the best wishes!
Which SVC are you going now.? I am fade up with Tejaswi motors Madhapur, Hyderabad. Looking for a better alternative for the third service.
DSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:13   #5148
BHPian

The comments say it all. The outgoing i20 has not had a single breakdown in it's 8 years of ownership whereas the incoming new Nexon broke down two times within a year. I am happy you have a high tolerance and threshold for satisfaction.
Having said that, this is exactly why
A. People opt for Korean cars despite their below average crash ratings; and
B. Tata cars will struggle to be recognised as world class and will never succeed in mature markets.
shabeermohamed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 17:41   #5149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
Which SVC are you going now.? I am fade up with Tejaswi motors Madhapur, Hyderabad. Looking for a better alternative for the third service.
Hi, you may try at Tata Motors Cars Service Centre - Malik Cars, Shaikpet, Tolichowki (Opp. Road to Passport Office). My first and second services done there, and was impressed by their work, customer interaction and timely response.
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:04   #5150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabeermohamed View Post
The comments say it all. The outgoing i20 has not had a single breakdown in it's 8 years of ownership whereas the incoming new Nexon broke down two times within a year. I am happy you have a high tolerance and threshold for satisfaction.
Having said that, this is exactly why
A. People opt for Korean cars despite their below average crash ratings; and
B. Tata cars will struggle to be recognised as world class and will never succeed in mature markets.
Hi, it is not the current outgoing model, I meant about the 1’st Gen facelift model 2010-2014(Q1) especially i20 Diesel (sorry – wrongly quoted as 2nd Gen i20 diesel). Most of the parts were imported from Korea - it is very strongly built, excellent ride & handling, has safety and advance features.
Hyundai started CBU in India from 2014 and made cost-cutting for its models. The kerb weight is reduced for better fuel efficiency, it lost the ride & handling, and the built quality is very poor. Hyundai has focussed on cosmetics, fit & finish, and advance features to rival with Maruti by skipping the customer’s safety.
Thinking of safety-first, I moved to Tata from Hyundai, and completely satisfied with my new Nexon. It is good looking car, excellent comfort levels and heavily built with more safety standards. I do agree Tata should focus on fit & finish and QC issues.
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:57   #5151
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinox~Cnu View Post
Hi, you may try at Tata Motors Cars Service Centre - Malik Cars, Shaikpet, Tolichowki (Opp. Road to Passport Office). My first and second services done there, and was impressed by their work, customer interaction and timely response.
Will give it a try. However it is necessary to find a good local mechanic. Tata authorised service is not something you can continue.
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:59   #5152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
Will give it a try. However it is necessary to find a good local mechanic. Tata authorised service is not something you can continue.
You may right but, suggest is to follow Tata authorized service network till the vehicle warranty ends.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 07:23   #5153

Exchanged my 2019 Nexon XE Petrol for 2023 Nexon XMA Petrol.

Outgoing Car
Nice, cool car, never letting me down. Some of the features of its journey with me.
  • Done 15K thanks to COVID. 40 Kms Daily Ride for 5 days a week.
  • Used 'economy' for highway ride & 'city' for city drive. Gave 18kpl easily.
  • On highway from home to office on an early morning with minimal breaking and signals, it gave 22 kpl.
  • Never went below 16 kpl.
  • Altogether, 2 Minor collisions resulting in damage to other car, with scratches on Nexon, very good build.

Why change then?
  • Mumbai traffic is becoming unbearable. Left leg paining after a long traffic. This is the same for long distance drives too.
  • Getting a decent price for Nexon XE (No autocop, no central locking)
  • Sales person, Mr. Mark Naidu, had changed dealership. My previous experience with him was good, and he was in my contact list, so whatsapp him to check out new cars. Got immediate response.

Present Car
Since my past experience was good, I did not bother to do test drive or PDI. I went straight to the point about exchanging the car. Safari was in mind, but the cost was outside my budget.

Waiting period was a concern, so I asked for cars that are available. There were two colors, Foliage green & Daytona Grey. My favorite color was Grey, all my past cars were grey too for a reason. The color never fades. My Indica Vista still looked new after 9 years of ridership.

Booked seat covers for a discount. Got the standard free accessories. Thanks to Ram Navami holiday and a goof up in the passport scanning, the RTO portal upload got delayed. But finally, got the car in hand on Saturday, in precisely one week (Went to showroom on a Saturday at 5 PM, got the delivery of the vehicle the following Saturday at 5PM).

Mark as well as his seniors were extremely helpful throughout the journey. I would recommend Trident Motors, Vikhroli, Mumbai if you want a good dealership experience.

Ride

This is my first automatic drive. So the occasional urge to go for the stick when changing speed was a concern. Almost got hit by an auto from the back for pressing the break mistaking it for the clutch. Took me ages to reach home because of lack of experience.

In heavy traffic, had trouble keeping the car in check because of its urge to rush even without touching the accelerator, almost colliding a car in the front. I had to keep the car on neutral even if waiting for a second. But I was feeling the adrenaline and loving it. But the car bonnet blew a very strong hot wind when I opened it for pooja ceremony (The poojari drawing the swastika and applying sandalwood paste on various engine components, and tying the garland).So need to ensure that I do not over heat the car in traffic conditions.

Reversal is a little concern for me. There is too much power that it looked the car had a mind of its own. It just wants to drive full speed in reverse, so have to keep foot on the brake pedal to ensure the car stays in limits.

Next day being Sunday, took it out on a ride to get myself comfortable with the car's mechanics, and managed to get a control over the car. So decided to go out of the city because I was on leave for a week. Decided to go to Lonavala with my father, my family was on vacation to their native place.

The long ride from my place to Lonavala was easy, comfortable and entertaining. My ride upto Khalapur Toll and its food plaza gave a very satisfactory mileage figure.

The mileage after climbing the ghats and reaching the hotel was 21.4 kpl.

The drive inside the city was on 'city', while on the highway, the car was in 'economy' mode. Since it was early morning, I did not put on the AC because it was very cool. So the above mileage is without AC.

I did not use the sports mode, never felt the need for it. Even while climbing the ghat, the car was moving slowly but never showed any sign for more power. Of course, I did not want to push it because it was a new car. I will wait for the first service to test the sports mode.

The occasional shifting of gear inside, was pulling the car back during the transition. And it is very visible. There is no smooth transition. We have to get used to the fact that there will be a transition pull in the opposite direction during the speed of 30-35 km (3rd gear), 45-50 km (4th gear), 58-62 km (5th gear) and 71-73 km (6th gear). While overtaking, will keep an eye on the speed of the car because it could happen that you are overtaking the car at the transition speed, and you are being pulled back during the transition, and you could get stuck in no-man land if there is a car coming from the opposite side.

During the drive, if the car is going over speed, pulling your leg away from the accelerator is enough, the car drives as if it is on cruise mode. I looked at the instant fuel indicator, and it was showing full bars. It is as good as driving in neutral in a manual car (though not recommended unless you are an expert driver).

So that is an update for now. Will be going back from Lonavala today, hoping to reach home by 2 pm after a detour. Will provide an update on the return mileage.

Happy Reading! Enjoy your day!
bhp4putuval is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 16:18   #5154

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp4putuval View Post
Will be going back from Lonavala today, hoping to reach home by 2 pm after a detour. Will provide an update on the return mileage.
Total Trip Update

Gave a good mileage of 23.9 kpl. Of course, the return trip had a 20 km downhill route where there was no need to use the accelerator.

If you consider only the return trip, the mileage shows 29.5 kpl.

So highway mileage is pretty awesome. But mine will be a city usage, so cannot expect this mileage. Will update after a month's usage next month.
bhp4putuval is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 10:08   #5155

Hi guys.
My Nexon Diesel is giving an average mileage of just 13kmpl. I drive a mix of Bengaluru city and Highways and have covered a total of 7000kms since the purchase which is two months ago. Is this normal , I feel it’s too low for diesel. I have attached the Fuelio screenshots for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-57ab8cb1781c40708bdab3327edbd9b8.png  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-095e1122808b4e6eb68875c23a24cbd3.png  

ramprakashram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 12:44   #5156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
When I test drove the Nexon petrol for the first time during a test drive, I took about a minute to get the car moving!. It is quite lengthy in its travel and while shifting gears, you must let it go at a very precise moment. Otherwise the drive will be jerky.

But after many months, I am fully used to it and not at all troublesome. It is actually very very light and smooth and you will start enjoying it .
Same with me. I had doubts on the test drive vehicle on day one. Then at delivery date I stalled my Nexon two three times. This clutch is super soft but has bite at unusual point. Takes time to get used to it.
rajarshi94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 15:37   #5157
BHPian

Tata Motors rolls out 500,000th unit of Nexon.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0768.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 14:38   #5158

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp4putuval View Post
Exchanged my 2019 Nexon XE Petrol for 2023 Nexon XMA Petrol.
  • Used 'economy' for highway ride & 'city' for city drive. Gave 18kpl easily.
  • On highway from home to office on an early morning with minimal breaking and signals, it gave 22 kpl.
  • Never went below 16 kpl.

The mileage after climbing the ghats and reaching the hotel was 21.4 kpl.
These figures are for the Petrol or Diesel variant?
Old 15th April 2023, 00:02   #5159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman30 View Post
These figures are for the Petrol or Diesel variant?
The post and the quoted section starts with saying that it's a petrol.
JagMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 19:21   #5160
BHPian

Hi, This is my first post in Team BHP forum, I am honored and excited to be part of this community. I purchased a Tata Nexon Petrol ZXI+ Model from Tafe Motors in Chennai Anna Salai in Sep 22 and would like to share my car purchasing experience with the team BHP community.

After owning a Wagonr 2013 Model for a decade, I decided to upgrade to a subcompact SUV. As I primarily drive on highways, safety was my top priority. Before deciding on the Nexon, I test drove several other subcompact SUVs including the Hyundai Venue, Nissan Magnite/Renault Kiger, Maruti Brezza, and Mahindra XUV300. Ultimately, I chose the Nexon due to its safety features and good handling on the highway.

I chose to purchase my car from Tafe Motors in Chennai Anna Salai, as they have been in business for a long time. However, my experience with them was far from satisfactory. Firstly, they asked for full or half payment before vehicle allocation, and after much deliberation, I paid 3 Lac advance so that the vehicle could be allocated. During the PDI, I noticed scrappage of paint on the petrol tank lid, the rear bumper joint on the left-hand side, and on the rear left door. The team leader was not sensitive to the issue and spoke like this was very normal, and they would fix it in the first service. I informed them that I would pay the remaining amount and take delivery of the car only after this issue is fixed.
After many escalations, yelling, and persuasions, the issues were finally rectified. However, I later realized that they had invoiced the vehicle in my name without my approval, and the warranty period would start from July, the invoice date, instead of the delivery date, which was in Sep 2022. One day before the delivery, I noticed that the door runner was way below than where it should be. They said they would get it fixed, but on the day of delivery, I noticed that the door runner was still not fixed despite their promise to do so. The conference room where I was made to wait was infested with mosquitoes, which was uncomfortable. I resigned myself to the fact that this was the level of customer service I could expect from Tata.
Despite all these issues, I decided to take delivery of the car, as I was excited to finally own a subcompact SUV. The dealership provided me with free door mats and mud flaps that come with new cars, and I also received a discount of about 3k.
As for my first impressions of the car, it feels like you are in a tank, safe and secure. The turbo picks up nicely after 2k RPM, and the handling is assuring. The suspension is also very good, and most of the road bumps are cushioned. However, the mileage is poor in the city, as I get about 8 to 10 in bumper to bumper traffic and 16 kmpl on highways.

In addition to the car, I also purchased several accessories outside of Tata including Garware windshield protector with 70% visibility, 3M sun film with 70% visibility, 3D floor mats, door guard sills, and door visors. My next line of upgrade would be HIDs for my Nexon as illumination is poor in the highways.(Huge fan of DIY section and the suggestions provided in the forum)

Overall, my experience with Tafe Motors was disappointing, but I am happy with my decision to purchase the Nexon. I hope that other buyers can have a smoother buying experience with better customer service."
Bala02 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks