Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 12:52   #5101
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post

Dear fellow BHPians, is this a known issue or is our car a LEMON?
Hi Arwin, looks like one unfortunate event. Haven't heard about this issue in our Nexon community. It is quite natural that any sort of issues with a Tata car will bring lots of fear and doubts in our mind and we easily fall into panic mode. Don't panic. Happy that service centre guys were able to figure out the issue and they are honouring warranty. This incident will be anyways recorded in the service history. If you haven't opted for extended warranty then please do. Stay positive.
K_Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 14:22   #5102

Mod note: back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.

TATA Nexon Genuine accessories price list | 2023 | NOIDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Some day I will fix it myself.
Do you know how to fix this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img4773.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th February 2023 at 14:28. Reason: back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.
Topgun0005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 21:29   #5103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
My friend got his Nexon 7 months ago. But he is yet to receive a spare key. Dealer claims it's due to chip shortage.
Any one else facing the same issue? Any clue on how they can escalate this?
I bought my Nexon 8 months back and I got a call from the dealer just 2 days ago about the spare key. Seems like this is the normal delay for the spare key.
ank1477 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 16:55   #5104

Hello all,

For BS6 Nexon Petrol Engine, i know tata Recommends 0W20 Fully Synthetic Oil, and the recommended brands are GTX T 0W20, Mobil Super 3000 TM 0W20 and PETRONAS Syntium 7000 TM 0W20.
Since I am not aware of other specifications does any one know if we can use -
1- Shell Helix HX8 Az 0W20
2 - Shell Helix Ultra SN 0W-20

or would it cause any issues?
Old 21st February 2023, 01:12   #5105

I am planning to setup Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 with reverse camera and Steering Mount for my one month old Nexon XM Diesel.

The main reason for going for San Andreas is that it’s the only 9inch Non-android system that fits my budget.

One dealer in HSR Layout, Bengaluru (Edge car accessories) is quoting ₹42000 for HU, with Canbus, Frame and Installation for this. I would welcome someone to share their feedback on San Andreas if anyone has setup in their car and also please suggest some good place in Bengaluru to get this installed.
Old 21st February 2023, 16:46   #5106

I got a call from the Dealer that I would get my Nexon early March and the reason for deferred for delivery was moving the production to BS6-V2. Now, is it a given that all BS6-V2 Nexons will be RDE (Real Driving Emissions) and E20 compliant? Or is this something I have to check in the billing or registration papers?

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...engines-427292
trharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 21:39   #5107
BHPian

Hi,

I've booked a Nexon XZA+ Foliage Green and my SA(Sales Advisor) has given a delivery date of last week of March at the earliest and maybe mid-April in the worst case.

He's agreed to let me buy insurance myself and didn't impose and didn't push for any accessories either. He nudged to buy the grey color since it was in stock, but the family didn't like the color and hence went with Foliage Green which looked good on the Tata Motors website and on different Team-BHP threads.

I've not gotten any receipt for my booking or receipt for my Rs.11K advance that I've paid. I've asked the SA to share this asap.

Is there a way to track the booking online?
skarthikeyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 08:25   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthikeyan View Post
Hi, I've booked a Nexon XZA+ Foliage Green and my SA(Sales Advisor) has given a delivery date of last week of March at the earliest and maybe mid-April in the worst case....Is there a way to track the booking online?
What's the current waiting period/ETA? The only way to track your booking is to remain in constant contact with your SA/dealership. It is extremely frustrating but in a hot selling car like Nexon, there is no other way out too
Old 27th February 2023, 23:09   #5109
BHPian

I drove my friend's Nexon Petrol Automatic from Bangalore to Udupi & back last weekend. I have never driven Nexon before. My observations:
  • I was pleasantly surprised by the Ride & Handling and High-speed stability of the car. The car had the manner of a European car rather than the Koreans/Japanese.
  • I sat on both the front seat & rear seats. I usually hate the wobbling effect of SUVs. In Nexon, the wobbling was in control, the seats were quite comfortable. It was like a tall sedan. I didn't feel fatique even after driving for 9 hours. The other SUVs which I sat for good amount of duration are XUV 700, XUV500, Jeep Compass and didn't like the wobbling in those cars.
  • The AC is a chiller. On a hot Udupi afternoon, the AC was set to 25 degrees but still we felt cold. I actually think a less powerful AC will also do.
  • The touch points like buttons, AC know, windows up/down button, modes control, etc all are of top-notch quality. Windows up/down motor was nearly silent. These are better than the next segment cars Harrier & Safari from Tata.
  • All-around visibility is good & there are hardly any blind spots. Driving on single-lane roads on ghats, I was always aware of the dimensions of the car (was driving for the first time) and never came too close/too away from the vehicle passing by.
  • The high-speed stability is very good. The car masks the speed very well and I was doing unmentionable speeds without realizing it only to slow down after seeing the speed. Crossed those surprise array of small speed breakers (whatever it's called) at high speed without the car losing its line.
  • I liked the suspension setup. It's neither too hard to cause discomfort nor too soft to become bouncy at high speed. Bad patches were crossed without causing discomfort to the passengers. The car stayed in the line when cornering at a fairly high speed.
  • Coming to negatives: Tata should have launched this car with a more competent TC gearbox. AMT sucks in City mode didn't bother trying Eco mode. In City mode, the gearbox upshifts sooner than it should leaving the rpm below ~2k thus there is a temporary loss of power and when the power comes back it gives a slight jerk (more noticeable in 1-4th gears). I never could 'adjust' to this behavior of the car. The Sports mode is better but I found it was holding on to 3-4-5 gears when an upshift would do just fine. I switched to manual & drove in it most of the time.
  • The headlights need an upgrade. Tata should fix this ASAP. Till then, this is the first upgrade that you should plan straight out of the showroom. The Low beam is very dull & I couldn't drive it even within city roads. The High beam is just about adequate. On properly marked highways with reflectors, it was fine but on single-lane highways, it's difficult to spot the movement of far objects.
  • Uneven fitment of the rear bumper. The alignment of the rear bumper with fender was off. At first I thought some vehicle had hit from the rear but the friend confirmed it was like that from day 1 and other Nexon owners also had the same issue.
  • The fuel efficiency figures are not very exciting. The Bangalore-Udupi trip was 12 kmpl & return trip was 14 kmpl. Surprising given that we were going down the ghat in the onward trip & climbing the ghat on the return trip. It's a new vehicle so maybe the fuel efficiency figures will improve. To be fair, I am not a sedate driver nor do I race on highways.

I am averse to SUVs but If my budget was strictly limited to 15L on road & I wanted an SUV, I would have brought Nexon Petrol Manual (whatever the best variant) with my eyes closed.
Hope this helps.
amit1agrawal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 12:50   #5110
BHPian

I drive the Nexon petrol manual and agree with most of your points.

Not for nothing is the Nexon a blockbuster car!.

As regards the fuel efficiency, many of the owners have extracted way beyond what you got. I myself got around 17 kmpl completely on sport mode. Owners have touched 20 and posted pictures too .

The low beam is not the brightest, but just manageable. Rear view is compromised with the small windshield, but again manageable. A pillar blind spot is a bother in the beginning but later you learn to move your head around the pillar!.

The seats can be compared to any car from any segment!.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 13:04   #5111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashram View Post
I am planning to setup Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 with reverse camera and Steering Mount for my one month old Nexon XM Diesel.
The main reason for going for San Andreas is that it’s the only 9inch Non-android system that fits my budget.
I might be late to comment on this and you might have already completed the installation. But my advise will be - forget about the "Blaupunkt" name badge. Buy any unbranded Android with the best storage+RAM and CPU configuration that you can fit in the budget. They are all more or less assembled with same components, even probably by the same OEM! Blaupunkt is simply a logo slapped on the same bulk produced Chinese stuff. I have procured 6 Androids for myself / friends and family so far - all either unbranded or with unknown brands. Configurations have been same, functions have been identical & they are all working absolutely flawlessly in different cars for as much as 3 years already. Including Alto, Ignis, Tiago, Nexon, Polo, i10.

IMHO Blaupunkt name is purely for branding margin. No real benefits of it.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 14:26   #5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

IMHO Blaupunkt name is purely for branding margin. No real benefits of it.
Thanks for the response Reinhard.
I absolutely agree with you, it's the same hardware with different branding for the android HUs. But actually i am looking for non-android HUs, the only 9 inch unit that comes under my budget is the San Andreas 970 model, which looks like a different hardware and doesn't run on android OS. I couldn't find much info on that particular unit actually, as i think only a few people have purchased it.
ramprakashram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 23:59   #5113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
I bought my Nexon 8 months back and I got a call from the dealer just 2 days ago about the spare key. Seems like this is the normal delay for the spare key.
Same here, bought Nexon in June'22 and received call from dealership about second key this week about 8 months later, that too after writing mail to Tata customer care and sales head of my region. Seems like this is normal trend now a days. But, what surprises me is two of my friends who bought special edition Nexon, Kaziranga and Jet edition received both their keys during delivery.
Old 3rd March 2023, 19:35   #5114
BHPian

I got my Nexon delivered in November-2022 and as a part of accessorry I installed Auto dimming IRVM from show room. It costed me about 8000 bucks but totally worth it. Now my Nexon XZ+ HS is fully loaded.
Old 4th March 2023, 01:00   #5115
BHPian

My Tata Nexon Kaziranga Diesel MT – Interesting Facts, Breakdown and Verdict

Upgraded to a new Tata Nexon KZA diesel MT from a Hyundai i20 Asta CRDI MT - Initial Ownership

As an auto enthusiast and a fan of diesel cars, I always enjoy the torque and power delivered by turbo-diesel engines. Having a bit of fear about the survival of diesel cars by the impact of new emission norms and the progress towards hybrid and electric vehicles, I analyzed an upgrade to a new compact or mid-size SUV with more safety standards and high ground clearance.

Shortlist:
Along with a deep investigation and running after various reviews, I finally stuck to two cars that had the potential to fulfil my requirements: the Tata Nexon and the Jeep Compass (my all-time favourite). My budget was limited to 15L. So, I decided to go for a new Nexon or a pre-owned Compass.

All sudden, Tata Motors introduced the Kaziranga edition with more features and an impressive concept of funding to the Kaziranga National Park. I liked the theme and new colour combinations especially and the ventilated seats made it easy to take my final call.

Dealership Experience:
I booked the vehicle on March 31, 2022 at a well-known Tata dealership in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. The dealership needs to improve a lot! The customer must take the initiative from booking to pre and post-delivery. They neither communicate nor provide updates. Always, the customer has to reach them. My car reached the dealership after 50 days of booking. In the meantime, Tata Motors raised the vehicle prices by 1% and the Telangana Govt. increased the lifetime tax from 14% to 17% for cars between 10L to 20L, which resulted in 56K extra being paid from my pocket. I was all set for the final procedure after a short PDI.

The most awaited day had arrived! The final payment of 16.32L including one-year extended warranty and selected accessories is settled. I was done with all paperwork and the payment was made by 2 pm. I fixed the delivery for the evening at 6 pm. The keys were handed over on time but, not the vehicle due to a delay in the insurance policy. They kept on making us wait till 10 pm for a senseless reason - the insurance person is overloaded, and the internet is slow. I was not convinced and returned home by public transport. The next day, the SA delivered the car to my home with apologies, as I had denied to step into the showroom.

My Nexon Kaziranga is ready for delivery!
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonkza.jpg

Initial impression:
Impressed by the Kaziranga’s bold looks and great road presence
The build quality, suspension, safety, and comfort levels are superb
Seats have decent cushioning with extra thigh support, rear seats feel like a lounge
High ground clearance, powerful AC, ventilated seats (much needed for Indian climate)
TPMS, AQI and iRA are welcome features. I am not a big fan of the sunroof
I like the huge glovebox with cooling function - identical to my previous i20
Cruise control is an added advantage on highways. Boot space is sufficient
The 16-inch Bridgestone tyres are broad for more road grip and build confidence in corners
BSVI diesel engine is more refined and well-tuned, with some lag compared to BSIV units
Drive modes: City mode is default, with linear power delivery and Eco mode is sluggish
Favourite is Sport mode - instant pick-up and turbo kick is noticeable. The engine is tuned to deliver max power. The torque produced makes you enjoy the thrill of driving
Mostly, I activate Sport mode on highways, ghat sections and in inclined surfaces in the city
Fuel economy is very impressive. The engine progress and efficiency improved after the second service

Improvements required:
Fit and finish, panel gaps, lighting
NVH level and rattling sounds
Gearbox - Shifting is slightly hard. Reverse gear gives troubles even with full clutch
Horn press – very limited space allocated, my thumb is always searching for it
Blind spot due to thick A-pillar and ORVM positioning

PDI - All is well except some minor issues
Tata Nexon : Official Review-pdi.jpg

Done with initial formalities!
Tata Nexon : Official Review-puja.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-puja2.jpg

Breakdowns:
The first breakdown happened on NH-44 within ten days of delivery with less than 400 km on the odo. Suddenly, a huge pressure sound entered the cabin and the engine lost power. The turbocharger intake pipe came off as it was not fitted tightly. This was solely a human error and may have happened at the manufacturing plant and the car cleared all quality checks - quite surprising!

The second incident happened on NH-65 after the first service at around 3750 km on the odo. This time the gear cable came out resulting in 1, 2, 5, 6 and Reverse gears slipping. Only 3rd and 4th gears were working as they are assigned to a second cable. The situation was horrible with heavy rain at night around 8 pm. Somehow I managed in Sport mode to some extent. For the instance, I felt my old i20 was great as it never let me down for all the years that I had it. Fortunately, both issues got fixed at a nearby local mechanic as the authorized service center was far to reach from the spot.

Service:
My Nexon was done with first and second services at authorized service center in Sheikpet, Hyderabad. After a pathetic delivery experience, I did not expect much from the service center of the same dealership. Surprisingly, all my thoughts were wrong! I was totally impressed by the work, their attitude towards the customer and timely response. I certainly appreciate Mr. Rami Reddy from the service staff for his assistance and support at the time of breakdowns.

Second Remote Key: Finally, received it after 8 months from delivery, following several reminders to Tata Motors CC and the dealership.

Verdict:
Overall, in nine months of usage and after driving it for 8600 Kms on good and bad roads of Telangana, Andhra, Karnataka and Maharashtra states, without any regrets. I am glad to have made the right pick. The safety and comfort are at next level. I feel fresh even after driving for the whole day. Real time fuel economy is impressive with 16.5 kmpl in the city and 21 kmpl (city + sport mode) on highways. For the moment, I must say, I am a proud owner of the desi car Tata Nexon.

Naming: Initially thought of KAZI but, later named it as “RHIÑOX” (Rhino + Ox) for its robustness
Tata Nexon : Official Review-rhinox.jpg

Main Accessories, Ceramic Coating and PPF

Dealership: Door visors, carpet mats, black sidestep, boot garnish, mud flaps, Kaziranga scuff plates

Amazon India: Chiron 7D mats, trunk mat, Automaze adjustable arm rest, Jopasu duster, number plate frame, leather and magnetic mobile holder, Auto Bros 11 piece car care kit with wax polish
Headlights: Phillips Racing Vision H7 (not recommended) and Osram H7 Rallye 80W
Ceramic Coat: Weiruixin 10H ceramic coating 50ml (made in China product and shifted from US)

Amazon USA: Purchased all the four items for less than $ 100 on festive offer! Delivery at US
Fahren Forenner 80W H7 LED (for high beam – 2x40W)
Beamland 110W H7 LED (for low beam – 2x55W)
ZonCar Xenon White 30W H11 (for fog lights – 2x15W)
Weiruixin Adv 10H ceramic graphene coating 60ml (not applied, will try in H2 2023 or Q1 2024)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-aces1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-aces2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-aces3.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-aces4.jpg

Lighting:
The Nexon stock bulbs give very poor lighting, which makes it hard to drive at night. Initially, I replaced them with Phillips Racing Vision and Osram Rallye 80W for low and high beams respectively. The Osram Rallye offered good lighting but, the much costlier Phillips bulb fused within 3 weeks. I decided to upgrade to LEDs and the output is amazing!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-leds.jpg

Low and High beam
Tata Nexon : Official Review-lighting.jpg

Ceramic Coating (DIY):
Once I was done with all the post-delivery formalities, I wanted to experiment with ceramic coating on my new car. Since I got my first car (2010), I was habituated to cleaning and polishing on my own, at least once in every quarter. The Weiruixin 10H ceramic coat took two weeks to deliver from New York. This was my first attempt and it took two days to complete. The first day went into the whole cleaning process, and I completed the first coat on the second day by following the instructions. Coated the whole car (including windshield and all glass areas) except the roof. Next day, I found very little difference, but the final output was seen after five days the real glow was visible with a mirror effect.

From the experiences of first coat, I planned the second coat after three months, and was able to finish it in one day. This time I ended with coating the shiny interior parts. A 50 ml bottle is sufficient for two complete coats excluding the roof area.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-ceramic.jpg

Three weeks after the first coat
Tata Nexon : Official Review-kza3.jpg

Three months after the second coat
Tata Nexon : Official Review-kza1.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF):
The main intention to go for PPF was to keep away scratches in city traffic and to avoid paint damage from stone chippings on highways. I visited a few detailing outlets and collected quotes. The TPU prices seemed too high. With all possibilities, covering the front bumper, bonnet, headlights, two side fenders and ORVMs with best quality TPH was finalized for the price 14K at Venu Car Designers, Somajiguda, Hyderabad. I felt it's worth it - very protective and the quality is decent.

Qubo India – Dashcam:
Recently, I purchased a Qubo Dashcam Pro 4K plus Rear Cam Set from their website and availed a 10% discount by applying coupon code: WS10. It is the latest version comes with Sony IMX sensor and has some interesting features like dual-channel recording, built-in GPS, ADAS, and easy to install (DIY). The camera captures a wide angle and the day and night recording video quality look great.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-qubo1.jpg

Interior:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-interior.jpg

On my day - the MID displays "Happy Birthday" whenever the ignition is on!
Tata Nexon : Official Review-hbd.jpg

Rhinox with Sir Arthur Cotton
Tata Nexon : Official Review-arthur-cotton1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-arthur-cotton2.jpg

Few wallpaper pics of my Rhinox
Tata Nexon : Official Review-kzawp1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-kzawp2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-kzawp3.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-kza2.jpg

Few interesting facts of my previous Hyundai i20:
I like the cute looks, driving dynamics, safety, ride and handling. It is a feature loaded car, and probably considered a “Benz” for the Indian middle-class (in my view) particularly the well-built 2nd Gen i20 diesel. The i20 never troubled me in a span of 8 years and 1.2 lac Kms, with not even a single breakdown or tyre puncture. I ran it on Yokohama Earth1 tyres for more than six years, best for Indian roads and always filled with Nitrogen for better life and mileage.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-i201.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-i202.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-i203.jpg

RogerAB: As a follower of Team-BHP, I received Rs. 500 discount from Roger Motors. I would like to share my 18 months experience of Rogerab coil spring suspension buffers installed in my i20. The main purpose of this purchase was to improve the ground clearance of the car. After installation, I hardly found a 2 to 3 mm increase in height but, the results are seen when the car is fully loaded. The GC remains the same even with a full load as the coils restrict the spring compression, resulting in a fearless drive over speed-breakers and on bad roads. There is an improvement in handling and body-roll, but the suspension becomes stiffer and makes sounds on bad roads at lower loads. I hope, this would be a better choice for cars with a minimum kerb weight of 1.2 tons.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-i204.jpg

With gratitude, the i20 has given me good returns in the end, for the care and affection. The person who purchased it is so delighted with the engine condition and overall maintenance of the car.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-cnu5588.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-cnu5777.jpg

Rhinox is resting behind my Rx100
Tata Nexon : Official Review-rx100.jpg

Thank You!

Last edited by Aditya : 4th March 2023 at 17:28. Reason: Edited for better readability
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (43) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks