Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:21   #5086

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hi, I booked Nexon XZA+ L (Royale blue) on 23/11/2023 at Prabhadevi, Mumbai .Till date the car has not been allocated to me (standard reply).

I've seen one reply from Tata Motors on Twitter which states that the car is available in Royale blue color only for certain editions.

I've enquired from Tata Motors customer care on Twitter and over phone call that car is available in all colors as given on the website.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230123-15.11.30.jpeg

So, my queries are-
1) Whether the waiting time is less for other colors in Tata Nexon. Any production data available or shared by TAMO?
2) Whether TAMO has been able to streamline the AMT clutchbox shortages due to semiconductor shortages?

Any guidance manner in which I can get clarity on the estimated delivery date otherwise I may be willing to change the brand and car altogether and go for something less perfect but available with less waiting (6 weeks max).
Old 24th January 2023, 10:48   #5087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
The part with Tata emblem on one of my tyres alloy has fallen off. Please refer the pic.Where do you think I can get a replacement of the emblem part?
This is what you are looking for - Link - Boodmo.com - Nexon (pre facelift) wheel hub garnish - silver

If you want to save some bucks (but have spare time) - you can visit a TASC, look at their backyard in the heap of totaled cars and ask the security / SA to pick a cap from the scrap cars for a little price.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 01:32   #5088
BHPian

Punch 2023 got an engine update. Engine noise has reduced quite a bit. Power figures are same.
Nexon uses this in turbocharged form. So, Nexon might also get this update. Here, punch video:
ramotra3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 13:46   #5089

It's been close to 6 months waiting with Prerna for a Nexon White XMA. So, I made a booking at Kropex as well through someone who had already got 4-5 cars booked and delivered rather quickly, and said could expedite my case. Turns out, according to Kropex, most Automatics production has been deferred to after BS6-Phase 2 which would mean April is more realistic. Not sure who accurate this is, thought of sharing here.
Old 3rd February 2023, 15:51   #5090
BHPian

My friend got his Nexon 7 months ago. But he is yet to receive a spare key. Dealer claims it's due to chip shortage.
Any one else facing the same issue? Any clue on how they can escalate this?
Old 3rd February 2023, 20:09   #5091

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspb View Post
Brother can you share this dealer? I am looking to get covers for my car too.
Hi - Actually I did not go for seat covers as the shop guy recommended against it. He said there will be lot of tailoring work which is not worth the efforts.
Old 3rd February 2023, 22:43   #5092
BHPian

Tata Nexon Jet edition delisted from website
https://www.v3cars.com/news/tata-nex...d-from-website

How the hell do TATA manages the production line of Nexon with these frequent changes??
Old 6th February 2023, 20:28   #5093
BHPian

Tata Nexon once again reigns supreme as India's numero uno SUV for the month of January 2023. Though just barely as both Creta and Brezza were hot on its heels:

Nexon: 15567

Creta: 15037

Brezza: 14359

Punch: 12006

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/amp/top-10-...-12459959.html
Old 7th February 2023, 12:10   #5094

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
My friend got his Nexon 7 months ago. But he is yet to receive a spare key. Dealer claims it's due to chip shortage.
Any one else facing the same issue? Any clue on how they can escalate this?
I have received the key in 6 months. I have got my Nexon in May and second key in November first week. Dealer: Key Motors.
s_kuppalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 14:49   #5095

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post
I have received the key in 6 months. I have got my Nexon in May and second key in November first week. Dealer: Key Motors.
I too received the key in roughly similar time. April delivery and spare key in November, after following up with the dealer every other week. Dealer: KHT Bengaluru
simplysim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 12:44   #5096
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift spied, launch in 2024.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-63e49a68bf756_720x540.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-63e49b2c8c2a3_720x540.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-63e49b781cfb8_720x540.jpg

The carmaker will give its stalwart SUV a heavily facelifted bodywork alongside an array of new features.
Quote:
The new version of the Nexon will sport Tata’s latest design language.

Gets a familiar silhouette but heavily revised front and rear profiles.

It will also get a revamped cabin with larger displays and more features.

Nexon to get Tata’s new 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine, likely to keep the diesel too.

The design and feature changes will be seen on the updated Nexon EV as well.

Updated Nexon to arrive in 2024, perhaps after the Curvv.
Quote:
On the outside, the next-gen Nexon will get thoroughly redesigned front and rear-end styling, with connected LED DRLs and headlights placed on the bumper.
Quote:
Although the inside isn’t so clearly visible in the spy shots, we do get a clue about the SUV’s larger touchscreen that juts out of the dashboard, different from the current Nexon which gets a centre-mounted, seven-inch unit. The 2024 SUV should also get a redesigned cabin and new features such as a fully digital driver’s display and six airbags. Niceties such as a sunroof and ventilated seats should be carried from the existing Nexon.

Quote:
The upcoming Nexon facelift should get Tata’s more powerful 125PS, 1.2-litre turbo-petrol unit that we saw in the ICE-powered Curvv coupe-SUV at Auto Expo 2023. This engine will be compliant with the upcoming phase two of BS6 emission norms as well as ethanol-blended E20 fuel.

Apart from the petrol powertrain, the diesel engine should continue, and we could also see a CNG version of the Nexon introduced with the facelifted SUV.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th February 2023 at 12:49.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 21:19   #5097

Hello BHPians,

I recently purchased nexon xz+ and since day 1, I was facing a issue where my steering wheel is rubbing against the plastic panel behind it.

After checking it carefully, I observed that panel behind steering wheel is moving a little bit on apply force from both hands.

I am attaching the gif here.

So should I be concerned about this and go to the service center immediately or is this some normal thing with nexon?
Attached Images

Topgun0005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 11:10   #5098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun0005 View Post
After checking it carefully, I observed that panel behind steering wheel is moving a little bit on apply force from both hands.
So should I be concerned about this and go to the service center immediately or is this some normal thing with Nexon?
I'm not sure if its in all Nexons. Probably not. But - this is exactly how it behaves in my 2019 Nexon. And no - it is not really a cause of concern. The console housing the stalks and the cover around them, is "around" the steering and doesn't pose any direct issue to the normal car control. Don't be too concerned about it. If the movement bothers you - you can ask the SA to tighten it during next scheduled service.

I have never reported it - because I have a strong reservation against asking the ASC people to do anything in my car . I'm ready to pay them the usual service cost upfront, if they promise to not touch my car at all, even during routine services. Some day I will fix it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Nexon facelift spied, launch in 2024.
The carmaker will give its stalwart SUV a heavily facelifted bodywork alongside an array of new features.
Is it some illusion or wrap effect, or the rear wiper is actually now mounted inverted on top edge of the rear windscreen? Looks a bit unconventional (odd) doesn't it? Or maybe the final version will hide it fully inside a sloping spoiler which seems to be missing here for now.

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th February 2023 at 11:12.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 11:50   #5099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm not sure if its in all Nexons. Probably not. But - this is exactly how it behaves in my 2019 Nexon. And no - it is not really a cause of concern. The console housing the stalks and the cover around them, is "around" the steering and doesn't pose any direct issue to the normal car control. Don't be too concerned about it. If the movement bothers you - you can ask the SA to tighten it during next scheduled service.

I have never reported it - because I have a strong reservation against asking the ASC people to do anything in my car . I'm ready to pay them the usual service cost upfront, if they promise to not touch my car at all, even during routine services. Some day I will fix it myself.
Thanks for clearing my doubt. I am also very apprehensive about giving my car to service center because of this issue as I am sure they will open the complete dashboard just to check this issue.
Topgun0005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:14   #5100
BHPian

My father-in-law has a 3500 km run, 3 months old Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol. While on a highway trip, starting from restaurant, he was unable to engage/slot 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, reverse gears. He was able to slot only in 3rd and 4th gears.
Finally, after waiting 2 hours by the roadside, with no help from RSA, he started the car in 3rd gear and reached home safely using 3rd and 4th gears alone.
In the service centre, the issue was diagnosed as weak gear cable and they agreed to replace under warranty.

Dear fellow BHPians, is this a known issue or is our car a LEMON? What options do we have and what should be our next move? I am new to cars and I appreciate the guidance of the community.

1. Just agree to replace gear cable under warranty and move on?
2. Ask for 3rd to 5th year extended warranty for free?
3. Anything else to do?

Most Viewed