Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 15:05   #4951
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6957663004 View Post
My question is, is there a high power bulb available in the market as a drop fit option without affecting the existing power and wiring setup. I understand that the fuse needs to be upped to 15 amps. I saw that a 55w bulb is available from Phillips and wish to go for it. Only if this doesnt affect the performance, mileage or doesnt void the warranty. I sincerely request the other members to advise on this. Thank you.
If you want actual increase in light output that will make a difference to your driving - installing HID kit in your existing projector lamps is the only good solution. Good 35/55W HID conversion kits are readily available & are a plug & play fit. There are threads in the DIY section about how to install them in the Nexon. Either of them are <=55W which is the stock rating & they work fine on the existing wiring harness & fuse, without making any difference to the electricals. I am using them since nearly 3 years now without issues. If you have a good rapport with the SA at the ASC, then no issues of warranty. If not - the installation is fully reversible, so you can remove them and reinstall them when going for a large warranty claim.

Do not fall for the gimmicks of Philips / Osram XV+/NB+ etc bulbs. They are all same 55W halogen bulbs and its mathematically impossible for them to give a significant increase in light output. Its just placebo, and then these bulbs last much lesser than the stock halogens.

Another alternative is to find good LED light bulbs. Problem with LEDs is to find the perfect matching LED bulb for the car's projector. The key is about where the LED chip sits on the bulb stalk. It needs to end up being at the right focal point for the projector lens to give a good beam pattern and not scattered light. So it may need a bit of a trial and error with different bulbs. And - LEDs are white, so may not be the best for heavy rain / fog conditions.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 23:13   #4952
BHPian

Hey guys, can someone provide a long term report of their Nexon? How it fares in reliability, suspension, interior, comfort, electronics etc. in long term?
Old 30th September 2022, 16:03   #4953
BHPian

I know there have been quite a few posts on this thread concerning the infotainment system and some troubles with Android Auto.

My cousin bought a Nexon XZA+ petrol which was delivered in June 2022. He uses a OnePlus 6T phone. The complaint was frequent disconnection and reconnection of Android Auto with the infotainment system. This made Android Auto completely unusable. On the one-month "service," the service station (Prerana Motors, Bengaluru) initially claimed that the problem had been sorted out, but it recurred. {On a related point, Prerana Motors' service has not been satisfactory. The car was delivered two days after pickup, and it was very difficult to get anybody on the phone to find out what the status was. Remember this was for the very first "service."}

We next went to Adi Shakti Motors near Hebbal, who promptly lodged a ticket with Harman. The Harman person finally saw the car this morning and did a factory reset of the infotainment system.

Following the factory reset, Android Auto works seamlessly with my cousin's OnePlus 6T only when it is connected using an Mi cable. The problem continues with the OnePlus cable. My cousin is satisfied with this and has simply decided to switch to an Mi cable. The Mi cable worked fine both for my cousin's OnePlus 6T and for the Harman guy's Mi phone.

Apple CarPlay has caused no difficulty whatsoever.

I hope this is useful.
Old 30th September 2022, 23:53   #4954
BHPian

Regarding android auto issues with different cables, Google added a Diagnostic tool in Android Auto v7.5.121104 or later which can help with bad cables. Here's the article regarding it:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/16/2...ics-cable-port
Hope it helps.
ramotra3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 12:24   #4955
BHPian

The red color thick cable, that's for ignition was cut by a stupid aftermarket accessory shop despite of 100 perc. gurantee that they will never do it. This was for installing a small accessory which would have perfectly been fine with 12v charger but stupid mechanic tapped it to igniting cable.
I don't want mess up the warranty so willing to replace that cable but I am unfamiliar with cost and how deep that cable goes ? Can someone help with the name of that cable spare ?
I will run that accessory into the fusetap instead once I fix this mistake.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:27   #4956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Hey, i have driven my brother's Nexon 2019 Petrol Manual for about 100 kms. It will stay with me for 2 months more. When driving this rod of clutch is interfering a lot. 8/10 times my foot gets stuck with shoes on behind it ruining the experience. Is there any hack around it or should i stop driving with shoes on? Attaching pic:
Hey, just curious about that Dead Pedal...is that stock ?
I don't see any such dead pedal in my 2022 July Nexon Petrol Manual XZ+.

Mods: Req to Please merge my 2 consecutive posts. It was by accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220923_162330.jpg  

Old 1st October 2022, 21:37   #4957
BHPian

Thanks GTO and mods for my membership approval��.

Coming on to the topic, I'm proud owner of Tata Nexon(XZ+O Petrol) for the last year and must admit it has been a wonderful experience. Car is amazing to drive, body control is extremely good, ride quality is awesome too. Interiors are a nice place to spend hours on. Music system is pure bliss to listen. Have done long distances(read over 350kms) in one day on pretty average roads without any fatigue whatsoever.

All in all, an amazing car by Tata Motors��
Old 1st October 2022, 21:57   #4958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Hey, just curious about that Dead Pedal...is that stock ?
I don't see any such dead pedal in my 2022 July Nexon Petrol Manual XZ+.

Mods: Req to Please merge my 2 consecutive posts. It was by accident.
Looks like dead pedal rubber is removed from your car. Does it come like this from the dealer?
Old 1st October 2022, 22:37   #4959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Looks like dead pedal rubber is removed from your car. Does it come like this from the dealer?
Yes it came like this. Has anyone who recently purchased XZ+ or similiar variant can confirm as well ?
Old 2nd October 2022, 10:09   #4960
BHPian

Right under Driver ORVM
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20221001_131327.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20221001wa0003.jpeg

Guys please suggest. I noticed it yesterday. There is an air bubble on paint and small rust right under the Driver ORVM. Could this be manufacturing defect?
If yes how do I talk to ASC and if not what can I do on a personal level to rectify it.

The car is in Guntur which is atleast 80kms away from Sea.

Last edited by dsuman : 2nd October 2022 at 10:09. Reason: Spelling
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 14:05   #4961
BHPian

Hi,Wishing you all a very happy Dussehra !

I have a 2019 Nexon XZA+ Petrol (AMT).I was under the impression that if the key is kept inside the car and after stepping out i press the keyless lock button on door handle, it will not get locked.

Couple of days back not intentionally but i did the above.i.e.key inside,i came out and pressed the lock sensor and the door got locked. So is this locking the intended behavour or is it that some sensor is not working?

Query 2: At 7 p.m.,while driving through a rain water filled road pacth of say 10 mtrs.,i was telling my child the advantage of having a high GC vehicle and then ...the lights on dashboard as well as buttons like AC go off and the 'i' warning icon comes up. I then parked the car,switched off and then turned it on again and lo ! all is well.Any possible reasons for this?

Query 3: City mileage with decent traffic is 8-9 kms.in 'City' mode.Auto drive.AC on all times.Is this normal? Highway it is close to 15.So fine.

Query 4: Does the Tata front parking sensor accessory work fine. I saw on Youtube a video of wireless sensor. 4 sensors attached in front and a display unit of around 4x1 inches can be kept anywhere inside.

Mileage or not...this is a lovely car. Love it more than all my earlier cars including Crysta..except probably Duster which i loved as much

OT : A few pics.of my recent trip to Coonoor in Nexon. One where we had a bison standing 10 mtrs.from our cottage which was in the tea gardens and where, while driving in the night my child who did not realize and my cousin who captured it in his dashcam saw a jaguar and confirmed by locals (pic attached..ignore date..see area circled..pic grainy).I still think it was a big black normal cat. Bandipur to Coonoor you get to see Elephants,Bison,Bear,Deer,Peacoks,Wild boars,langurs and many more..you just need to be lucky.Not posting all pics. It will rob the mystery when you visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-tb2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tb3.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tb5.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tb1.png  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tb9.jpg  

Last edited by Ram78 : 2nd October 2022 at 14:21.
Ram78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 09:38   #4962

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
Right under Driver ORVM
Attachment 2363767

Attachment 2363768

Guys please suggest. I noticed it yesterday. There is an air bubble on paint and small rust right under the Driver ORVM. Could this be manufacturing defect?
If yes how do I talk to ASC and if not what can I do on a personal level to rectify it.
this is known as osmotic rusting within the industry, it is a manufacturing defect but one that is protected by the first two years of tata warranty. So if you're still under warranty id suggest you run to tata and have them repaint the entire panel.
Keep an eye out for such patches of rust as it tends to spread fast and are usually found under the door handles, orvm and tail lamp assembly.
Dailyogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:03   #4963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Query 3: City mileage with decent traffic is 8-9 kms.in 'City' mode.Auto drive.AC on all times.Is this normal? Highway it is close to 15.So fine.
I still think it was a big black normal cat.
Mine is Petrol XZ+.
I have been doing experiments with FE for the last few weeks and I have never got anything above 9-10 when in 1/2 gear.
All the FE advantage starts at 3rd gear or above, once you go into 3rd gear then it is all matter of paying attention to "Intant FE".

In bumper-to-bumper traffic, I usually end up with 8kmpl whereas I am now getting 11-12 when trying to drive in 3rd gear or higher in city traffic. I generally shift to 3rd gear as soon as possible (around 25) and stick between 25-35 in the city if possible.

Regarding Jaguar, you are correct. There are no Jaguars in India, they are from Central and South America.

What your cousin saw was probably a Black Leopard/Panther or melanistic leopard to be more accurate. They are rare but are much more common in the forests near Karnataka/Kerala/Tamil Nadu border areas.
vinodmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 16:33   #4964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyogi View Post
this is known as osmotic rusting within the industry, it is a manufacturing defect but one that is protected by the first two years of tata warranty. So if you're still under warranty id suggest you run to tata and have them repaint the entire panel.
Keep an eye out for such patches of rust as it tends to spread fast and are usually found under the door handles, orvm and tail lamp assembly.
Thanks. My car just completed 1 year in August. I will talk to ASC
Old 10th October 2022, 08:56   #4965
BHPian

Tata Nexon sales in India surpass 400,000-unit milestone in 61 months; last 200,000-unit sales come up in just 15 months.
High-on-style compact SUV that’s also big on content & sold in petrol, diesel, electric avatars scores big in competitive SUV market

Source : Autocarpro

Name:  20221010_085350.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  20.5 KB
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks