Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 23:16   #4906
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
When the AC compressor triggers ON - you'll hear the "tick" of it, along with a change in the engine RPM + difference in the vibrations felt. Its nominal but can be felt in most cars if one is looking for it. If the vibrations are actually weird and not just a tiny bit - get it checked, there may be issue with some mounts or bearings.

Do you drive in ECO mode & is yours a petrol Nexon? This is the first time I'm hearing any Nexon owner mentioning about under-powered behaviour when AC is turned on. This is not expected at all, and you should definitely report it - you should have reported it at the service. Still I feel it might be a non-issue - since the ASC would have noticed & informed you if the issue was this obvious.

Now - you can call them, tell them that there is an issue post service that needs to be checked. Cost - you'll have to leverage on your your relationship at the SC or with the SA. Ideally get it done under goodwill-service check.
Thanks.
Yes I drive in ECO mode mostly as I drive with a very light foot on accelerator most of the time.
The power lag or loss that I feel is only whe the AC is ON and the car is moving from idle until it reaches a double digit speed.
The feeling can be described as, when AC is on the movement from idle doesn't feel smooth while otherwise its very smooth.
I was perhaps thinking that maybe the car engine RPM isn't getting notched up when the AC is powered on which maybe leading to this.

I will have to find another Nexon nearby and check it out, if I do see any difference I would take it to ASC.
Old 12th September 2022, 13:45   #4907

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi all, my father in law finally got his Nexon Petrol XZA+ yesterday. I have driven the car for close to 30kms and I must say that the jerks of AMT are less noticeable in the BS6 version of Petrol compared to the BS4 version. The engine is powerful to drive too. The foliage green colour looks dashing on the car.

Attachment 2109426

Attachment 2109427
Looks amazing. I have booked XZA + HS Petrol AMT variant in Calgary White. Have two very important questions.

1. Does ceramic coating help the car in the longer run specially when I have opted for Calgary White.
2. Should I opt for extended warranty at the time of purchase or should I extend it later on just like my Volkswagen Ameo.
Old 12th September 2022, 15:11   #4908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashgoorha View Post
Looks amazing. I have booked XZA + HS Petrol AMT variant in Calgary White. Have two very important questions.

1. Does ceramic coating help the car in the longer run specially when I have opted for Calgary White.
Congratulations on the booking, hopefully you'll get the car soon. Look forward to that post.

As for the coating - you'll get 50% people recommending it, the others saying its not eneded.
I have a Calgary White Nexon since 3+ years now, and it looks as good as new. Its used regularly and most importantly - is parked openly right under the Sun entire day. No cover parking ever. I have done NO paint protection treatment on the car, and its doing absolutely fine. I don't see the need personally. When a biker / auto will hit the car - no paint protection is really going to save it. Better to just fix it when it happens, turns out cheaper than the costly coatings IMO.
Quote:
2. Should I opt for extended warranty at the time of purchase or should I extend it later on just like my Volkswagen Ameo.
Definitely and ASAP. Remember the EW price keeps increasing with the car's age. You'll get it at the cheapest rate at the time of invoicing of the car. Why not buy it right now? Any specific reason? I'd say get it immediately.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 21:49   #4909
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on the booking! Hope you get it soon.

Regarding the ceramic coating, I had it done during the early days of the car (if you plan on doing it, get it done when its new). Although its just been couple of months for me, however I do feel it helps with darker colors and maintain gloss.
Its easier to clean the car, looks brilliant after a fresh car wash. But do not expect it to offer any sort of protection from scratches, bushes etc at all.
Personally I wouldn't recomment it for lighter colors, they seem as good as new after a wash anyways plus they don't fade that much.
Another thing to keep in mind is whether you keep the car in sunlight often, avoid ceramic coating in such cases.

Another downside that I felt is that I have few light scratches on the car in several areas, its unavoidable in bigger cities particularly Delhi. Due to the coat, I am unable to use any form of anti scratch treatments either. You'll likely have to wait for another detailing session to get it treated.
There's a dedicated thread for Ceramic coating, it might offer more insight.

Last edited by rishi.roger : 12th September 2022 at 21:58.
rishi.roger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 08:55   #4910
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on your booking.

1. I think if you have covered parking and with the Color being White, you may skip ceramic coating.

2. I will definitely recommend going for extended warranty at the time of purchase just to have a peace of mind since the beginning.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 10:47   #4911
BHPian

Is anyone else facing difficulties in booking service for Nexon? I was checking in Bangalore Kropex, Singasandra and the next service slot they have is two weeks from now.
With Maruti , I just drive into their service center without any appointment and get the service done in just few hours.
With the accelerated sales of Nexon in the last couple of years, the service center capacity has not caught up. This problem is going to worsen with time.
Old 13th September 2022, 11:47   #4912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Is anyone else facing difficulties in booking service for Nexon? I was checking in Bangalore Kropex, Singasandra and the next service slot they have is two weeks from now.
With Maruti , I just drive into their service center without any appointment and get the service done in just few hours.
With the accelerated sales of Nexon in the last couple of years, the service center capacity has not caught up. This problem is going to worsen with time.
Have done first 2 services from Kropex Singasandra. It is crowded and not expanded to take up the sudden increase in number of vehicles. It will be queued up till till noon outside waiting to start the service. Had to wait for the whole day even though service appointment is taken. I am looking for some other Kropex service center.
Old 13th September 2022, 12:28   #4913
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, a major issue in getting slots in Bangalore. Had to wait 2 weeks for my second service at KHT Whitefield. And on the day reached at 8:45 AM and walked out at 11 AM, there were just too many cars. The delivery was also given the next day at 6 PM. Have shared the feedback. Tata really needs to do something about the Service Center load.
Old 13th September 2022, 14:25   #4914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With the sudden rise in sales of TaMo cars post 2020, this was always expected since the service outlets are increasing at a much lower pace.

However - I think for you Bengaluru colleagues, the slot availability may be low right now especially because of the flooding. I won't be surprised if the workshops are currently flooded with cars that have just recovered from wet parkings in apartment blocks. Hopefully once that surge subsides, service availability within acceptable range. Otherwise its hard times ahead.
Old 13th September 2022, 16:09   #4915
BHPian

Quote:
My first experience at TaMo service center few days back, and I was disappointed with the wait times. First service took over an entire day. There were way too many cars there, so much that there wasn't space left for parking lol.
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 16:49   #4916
srh
BHPian

Quote:

However - I think for you Bengaluru colleagues, the slot availability may be low right now especially because of the flooding.
Nothing to do with recent flooding. The flooding affected a narrow stretch in Eastern Bangalore. Not many Tata owners in those high end flooded villas/ apartment complexes. Flooded ones would be predominantly Mercs/ BMWs/ LRs/ Jeeps/ Toyotas/ Hyundais/ Harriers-Safaris.

Issue with Tata dealership servicing capacity in Bangalore has persisted for at least the last 18 months now and keeps aggravating every month due to new sales showing up for mandatory 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd service. Break down maintenance on priority is a nightmare.
Old 13th September 2022, 17:03   #4917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Issue with Tata dealership servicing capacity in Bangalore has persisted for at least the last 18 months now and keeps aggravating every month due to new sales showing up for mandatory 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd service. Break down maintenance on priority is a nightmare.
All the more reason for TaMo to wake up, and give up on this crazy 6 month service interval. Its a nightmare really. Takes away a lot of precious time as well, when we already know that the car doesn't need the inspection (which they often don't do either!).
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 17:56   #4918
BANNED

Quote:
when we already know that the car doesn't need the inspection (which they often don't do either!).
I have 2013 city (Gen3), the service interval is 3 months. I stick to this schedule for initial 1 year, where i utilized the free services. Post that i have always serviced the car once in a year. Car is at 112K Kms now and running absolutely as new with all stock parts.
Old 13th September 2022, 18:22   #4919

Tata Nexon – First Year Review.

Model : XZ+(O) 2021 Petrol
Buy date : 01-09-2021

Cost per KM – 23.552
Kms Run - 8100
Refueling Costs - 74, 137 (693.7 Litres)
Expenses - 1,18,458
EW – 20000
AMC – 38702
OD Renewal – 17173
Fast Tag – 5000
Car washes – 12499
Anti Rust – 3500
Seat Cover - 8000
Others & service – 13584

Service costs :
1st Service : 1107 (High I Know, was fleeced)
Ad-Hoc Service : 284
2nd Service : 620
3rd Service : 565
Total : 2576

Owning a car has become very expensive today!!!

The car has been a breeze to drive and haven’t had a reason to regret the selection so far except for Tata service which remains more of a miss than hit. Three scheduled services and one ad-hoc service completed. The Ad-Hoc service necessitated due to noise from the front wheel at higher speeds >80. For that Front pivot bush and ball link joint was changed under warranty, additionally wheel balancing was done FOC but was charged for some labor work.

The car has seen city driving (Chennai )40 % and Highway driving 60% – mainly Chennai - Trichy and Chennai – Bangalore routes and mileages are in range 8-9 in the city and 15-17 in the highways. Even when fully loaded with 5 people and luggage, haven’t felt the need for extra power from the engines in sports mode and with RPM >2000. Turbo lag is very noticeable in the lower RPMs especially when fully loaded.

There is occasional gear slotting issue when shifting to first or reverse gear. From reviews and comments in various forums this seems a common issue with Nexon gearbox. Complained about the same during all the 3 services and no fix currently for this except lubricating. I was asked if the gearbox can be opened to check but I am hesitant to give the go ahead considering there is no solid fix yet.

The car is more of a cruiser than a city beater. Cruising around 100-103 gives the best FE from my observation. Once did a 700 KM journey in the same day, and there was minimal tiredness or fatigue.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0530.png

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0531.png

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0532.png
karthik1996 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 22:20   #4920
BHPian

I noticed lately since past couple of days that the clutch would sometime stay depressed almost fully after being pressed. I only noticed this at idle on when car is to be moved from neutral to first to bring it in motion. It has happened maybe like 5 or 6 times out of say 100.
Something to be concerned about ? This is Petrol variant. Barely few hundred kms on odo.

Most Viewed