Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2022, 16:07   #4651

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik1996 View Post
Hello members,

I have been noting that whenever i change the gears from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 and vice versa, there is a jerk accompanying the shift. Is that expected or is it something i need to get it checked at the SC? Since i am a new driver i am wondering if its something to do with the way i release the clutch after change. Please share your thoughts.
I experience very stiff gear shift from 1 to 2 and 3 to 2.
I checked with SC and was told it is normal. They also mentioned that clutch bleeding is done and it should be fine. It was fine for a day after the service, and the stiffness is back. All the other gear shifts work smoothly.
Old 24th April 2022, 19:10   #4652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik1996 View Post
Hello members,

Wanted to check this with the experienced members here.

I own a Nexon XZ+(O) P, 2021 Model. So far on the Odo its 4900KMS and 9 months completed. I have been noting that whenever i change the gears from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 and vice versa, there is a jerk accompanying the shift. Is that expected or is it something i need to get it checked at the SC? Since i am a new driver i am wondering if its something to do with the way i release the clutch after change. Please share your thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmathewcm View Post
I experience very stiff gear shift from 1 to 2 and 3 to 2.
I checked with SC and was told it is normal. They also mentioned that clutch bleeding is done and it should be fine. It was fine for a day after the service, and the stiffness is back. All the other gear shifts work smoothly.
Try this old school hack, double clutch the 1st 3 gears, after it's embedded properly, after a couple of 1km, it should work seamlessly.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 23:16   #4653
BHPian

I just took a TD of the Nexon today (I've taken a TD of many Nexons) and felt that the bite point is a bit tricky to find. I don't recollect this having happened earlier - or maybe I did not take notice earlier. My decision could depend on this - so wanted to know if you find the bite point of the clutch hard to find, or if you get used to it, or if it just the TD vehicle that might have been a one-off case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If its Bangalore, ask your friend to get in touch with me. He can TD my Nexon to arrive at a decision. None of these issues exist. This car is one of the smoothest performers out there. He has obviously tried out an abused vehicle
Old 25th April 2022, 06:09   #4654
Senior - BHPian

Bite point of every car is different and yes, you do get used to it. I have driven only Automatics, but I got a hang of Nexon manual diesel right from the 'word go'. TD vehicles are abused a lot and it's just a case with those I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosengine View Post
bite point of the clutch hard to find, or if you get used to it, or if it just the TD vehicle that might have been a one-off case.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 12:41   #4655
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion ascii. I wasn't connected to Android Auto; I avoid it as it's sluggish to use. I had my phone connected via BT though. That's not supposed to affect audio since my playback source was FM radio, not BT, at this time. However, I see your point and maybe there is a connection. I'll try disconnecting my phone's BT connection when this happens and see whether that fixes the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post
For elimination, by any chance are you connected on android auto? Incoming message alerts tend to reduce the audio volume briefly. Sometimes, the alerts keep repeating for some reason on some phones and this could be problem. For example, My MS Teams keeps repeating a notification about an unread message from 1 week ago.
Old 25th April 2022, 14:45   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosengine View Post
I just took a TD of the Nexon today (I've taken a TD of many Nexons) and felt that the bite point is a bit tricky to find.
I was initially planning for Petrol Manual and decided to go with AMT for the same reason mentioned by you. Petrol manual bite point is tricky and did not find the same in Nexon Diesel Manual. Nexon D Manual felt more comfortable and easy to handle. I tested the Nexon P in multiple showrooms and the result was same. Even the SA accepted and said that it is indeed little tricky but one will get used to it after a while.
Old 27th April 2022, 16:42   #4657
BHPian

I got the Nexon XZA+ P in Feb 2021 and there is a slight pulling to left from the very beginning. Had been raising this concern in all the three services and yet the problem is not resolved. Recently I took my vehicle specifically to get it fixed. I did my due diligence to find out the potential root cause and what I found out was that the steering recalibration could resolve this issue. I told this to the service advisor and they inspected the vehicle. Confirmed the LHS pulling even after while alignment was done but they cannot carry out recalibration on Nexon BS6 until some warning light throws up. They claim that steering recalibration can be done easily on BS4 vehicles (Nexon) but not on BS6. Is this true? What I came to know that is the service technician is not able to proceed for steering recalibration as there is a question that ask " if there is steering warning light showing up?" and if the answer is NO, then recalibration cannot be done.

Not sure why they can't select "yes" and proceed for recalibration. Also, can the recalibration be done easily or does it involve risking the airbag sensor set up (as claimed by the SA).Can anyone please confirm or help out to fix the issue? Do I have to raise it to customer care? Most probably they will divert it back to the last service center where I got my vehicle checked.

I have left my vehicle with the service center for resolving the issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.
NvrGivUp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 18:18   #4658
BHPian

Hi All,

I am in pre-planning(finances, model, quotes etc..) stages of ordering Tata Nexon Petrol. I was planning on buying extended warranty and AMC plan along with the car.

The quotes I received from local dealer in my city are below for XZ Model:

20000 - For extended warranty
16000 - Gold AMC

The quotes I received from local dealer in my home town are below for XZ Model:

8700 - For extended warranty
7000 - Gold AMC

I was really surprised with the price difference between dealers of Large city and small town. Looking to find any explanation, and figure out if there will be any issues if I buy car from dealer in the city and buy plans from home town dealer
vamship is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 09:43   #4659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post
I got the Nexon XZA+ P in Feb 2021 and there is a slight pulling to left from the very beginning. Had been raising this concern in all the three services and yet the problem is not resolved. Recently I took my vehicle specifically to get it fixed. I did my due diligence to find out the potential root cause and what I found out was that the steering recalibration could resolve this issue. I told this to the service advisor and they inspected the vehicle. Confirmed the LHS pulling even after while alignment was done but they cannot carry out recalibration on Nexon BS6 until some warning light throws up. They claim that steering recalibration can be done easily on BS4 vehicles (Nexon) but not on BS6. Is this true? What I came to know that is the service technician is not able to proceed for steering recalibration as there is a question that ask " if there is steering warning light showing up?" and if the answer is NO, then recalibration cannot be done.

Not sure why they can't select "yes" and proceed for recalibration. Also, can the recalibration be done easily or does it involve risking the airbag sensor set up (as claimed by the SA).Can anyone please confirm or help out to fix the issue? Do I have to raise it to customer care? Most probably they will divert it back to the last service center where I got my vehicle checked.

I have left my vehicle with the service center for resolving the issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

This must be an issue with many Tata cars it seems. I saw the same with a Safari on this portal itself.
My own Nexon has some sort of a problem that I need to tilt my steering very slightly to the right to keep the car straight. The service center checked and said everything is ok and good to go but still there is this issue. I am unable to get it rectified in any way.
Samrat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:53   #4660
BHPian

Quote:
Update

I was asked to pick up the vehicle on Thursday telling me that it was all fixed. It was just a gimmick. It was in the same condition as the previous day. They checked the wheel alignment again in my presence on Thursday and I must admit that it has improved a little bit but the original problem is still there. Since I had plans to go on a long trip, I took the vehicle and told them that I will bring the vehicle later.
NvrGivUp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:55   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
This must be an issue with many Tata cars it seems. I am unable to get it rectified in any way.
Sorry to hear the same ordeal. Hope TATA does something about it to fix the issues
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:09   #4662
BHPian

Tata Dealership in Pune

A question for people in Pune:

Which Tata dealer is good to deal with? I have been in touch with Panchajanya at Warje and the experience is average. Test Drive car is hard to get. I have so far got 1 Petrol test drive after 2 in person visits and multiple follow-ups.

Hence wondering if there are other dealers where things are little better?
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 23:25   #4663

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamship View Post
Hi All,

I am in pre-planning(finances, model, quotes etc..) stages of ordering Tata Nexon Petrol. I was planning on buying extended warranty and AMC plan along with the car.

The quotes I received from local dealer in my city are below for XZ Model:

20000 - For extended warranty
16000 - Gold AMC

The quotes I received from local dealer in my home town are below for XZ Model:

8700 - For extended warranty
7000 - Gold AMC

I was really surprised with the price difference between dealers of Large city and small town. Looking to find any explanation, and figure out if there will be any issues if I buy car from dealer in the city and buy plans from home town dealer
I think the coverage duration is different (3 year vs 1 year for extended warranty). Also, the price is mentioned on TATA’s website, check it out and things will make more sense. Not sure if there is scope for negotiation here.
rachetandclank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 12:10   #4664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update

I was asked to pick up the vehicle on Thursday telling me that it was all fixed. It was just a gimmick. It was in the same condition as the previous day. They checked the wheel alignment again in my presence on Thursday and I must admit that it has improved a little bit but the original problem is still there. Since I had plans to go on a long trip, I took the vehicle and told them that I will bring the vehicle later.
Vehicle was delivered to you from the factory with faulty wheel alignment, once the vehicle runs for significant number of Kms the tires are unevenly worn.

Unevenly worn tires need to be swapped to the rear after alignment & balancing correction else they will continue to give you trouble.
Kosfactor is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 17:54   #4665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachetandclank View Post
I think the coverage duration is different (3 year vs 1 year for extended warranty). Also, the price is mentioned on TATA’s website, check it out and things will make more sense. Not sure if there is scope for negotiation here.
Good point, that may very well be the case.

I couldn't find the prices on Tata website, can you share the link please. It would be very helpful.
vamship is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks