Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 10:49   #4591
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hey Guys,

Planning to replace my ecosport, shortlisted tata nexon & kia sonet. Budget is 8-10 lacs on road. 90% city driving.

Could you guys help out with nexon usage experience, and help me decide between these two.

On the variant front, 1 lac+ price diff. justified for XM, or buy XE and install music system.

THanks For the help. P.s posting this on sonet forum as well.

I have driven an Ecosport Diesel from Channi to Pondicherry via Zoomcars. I have also bought a Nexon XMA(S) petrol recently and I feel it is a very like to like driving experience. I feel that XE is a huge value for money if you do not need the extra features. However, XM(S) is actually better than XM considering the features added like auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, (These are great to have. Particularly the auto headlamps).

So Between XM and XE, you can go for XE and select your own accessories or you can go for XM(S) and have everything built in and peace of mind to have an assembled product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hey XM owners, what discounts or offers did you guys get for nexon XM?
Discounts on Nexon are non-existent. Even the exchange bonus seems to be a bit bleh!! However, there are significant savings on Insurance. Just have a chart ready with the insurance details that you get from an online provider like Policybazaar
Tata Nexon : Official Review-annotation-20220314-104533.jpg
Approach the dealer saying this is what I have got. See the price drop. I got a quotation of 42k for my insurance. It went down to 31k keeping all features intact after this chart was shown and I asked them to give me in writing that cashless will not be available in case I take from outside. This is where you can save money.

Also, depending on your state and your eligibility, you can save a bomb on registration by opting for BH registration.
Samrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 11:29   #4592
BHPian

Thanks Man, I was thinking of XE variant but no central locking is available, custom fixing involves wiring so been thinking on XM variant. Thanks for the insurance data, will speak and see what quote I get from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
I feel that XE is a huge value for money if you do not need the extra features. However, XM(S) is actually better than XM considering the features added like auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, (These are great to have. Particularly the auto headlamps).

So Between XM and XE, you can go for XE and select your own accessories or you can go for XM(S) and have everything built in and peace of mind to have an assembled product.
However, there are significant savings on Insurance. Just have a chart ready with the insurance details that you get from an online provider like Policybazaar

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th March 2022 at 21:03. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
Old 15th March 2022, 23:25   #4593
BHPian

I had a query regarding Nexon AMT XMAS.
During the run in period, it is advised that the Engine RPM should not be over 2500rpm.
However, even till a speed of 80-85, the rpm is hardly touching 2000. 2500 seems impossible.
I have even touched 100 but the rpm still was below 2500.
Can someone advise regarding the proper run-in method since even at high speeds, rpms are still quite low.
Old 16th March 2022, 11:17   #4594
Senior - BHPian

My 'Mini Landie' completes 5 years of exceptional service this year. Exceptional because of 'no kharcha', even the AC gas has not be topped up. Got the car new shoes as present. The MOMO looks 'killer' on the dark car, plus tyres upgraded to 225 section Michelin Primacy (Fantastic tyres, these. As I've been using for few years now). Parts changed as per preventive maintenance are timing chain, suspension bushes, coolant box. This is the first time I have spent money on the replacement parts. Now to get it washed and deep cleaned PS: Front scrape marks are on the PPF film. That will be replaced today
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_42771.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 16th March 2022 at 11:20.
Sebring is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 20:56   #4595
BHPian

Looks like the Nexon is now available in a new Royal Blue shade.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20220317205435_whatsapp.jpg
Clayton Crasto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 19:03   #4596
BHPian

Hi,

I have purchased Tata Nexon Diesel AMT two weeks back on 6th March. For two weeks the experience has been good and so far I have driven 350kms without a glitch.

From yesterday I'm getting issues in engaging the gear.

Issue: When I slot the gear in "A", nothing happens and there is a sound alarm which continuously plays. After slotting the gear in "N" or "R", then again trying to slot in "A" it works.

So its not a guarantee that after slotting in "A" it would work. It becomes such a panic situation at signals where everyone starts honking and my gear isnt slotting in "A" at all. I have to try multiple times and pray that it works.

Has anyone faced similar issue?

I plan to take the car to the service center in a day or two now. Any inputs would be appreciated.

For a new car, where I have not even taken out plastic seat covers, encountering such a issue is such a shame.

I hope this is resolved.

Thanks!
Old 20th March 2022, 19:38   #4597
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I test drove the Nexon yesterday and I am making a few observations and would like your views on these points.

The car that was available for test drive as per the SA was almost 2 years old and was a turbo petrol, i dont know which exact version it was.

1. The START/STOP button had all the lettering erased/scratched off. Is it normal, can anybody who owns a Nexon check this, if these markings are coming off after long use ?

2. There was a vibration on the clutch clearly felt on the left foot while changing gears. Looks like a poorly maintained car as it was a test drive car.

3. The car was rattling especially in the rear while driving on the poorly patched up WEH in Mumbai. Again could be because of poor maintenance. Are there any common rattle pain areas in the Nexon from current owners ?

4. The driving position was very comfortable and being a Saturday afternoon I was able to check the stability at speeds around 70-80 kmph.

5. The gear lever felt a bit notchy, was having trouble shifting from 2<-> 3 <-> 4

6. Back seat comfort as per my better half was good.

7. No soft touch material in sight, I think too much of hard plastics. I think Altroz has some soft touch materials around the door pad.

My intention was to test drive the Nexon and Altroz i-Turbo back to back. However the TD for Altroz could not happen. The SA was super helpful and though we had landed in the showroom (again brimming with masses) he was super quick to arrange the Nexon test drive within 10 minutes. We were asked for water/tea/coffee multiple times, politely declined as it was almost lunch hours. The SA was also very well informed on the versions available.

I am contemplating the Nexon v/s the Altroz but considering that I have aging parents and grandparents the stepping In/out will be an issue for a low hatch back like an Altroz.

Other competitors :

1. Kia Sonet : Rejected as cannot seat 3 in the back seat comfortably. Also top versions seem overpriced.

2. Kia Carens : Came up for discussion and also had a deko at the showroom but was not tempted to put one and half million + bucks on a new product.

3. Ertiga /XL6 : Felt too outdated (interiors) with what the competitors are offering.

4. VW Taigun : Car felt solid good but again I am averse of the high/unknown maintenance of the VW/Skoda cousins.

I am almost 95% sure on booking the Nexon, But I am open to any other suggestions which I should test drive in the CSUV/Sedan category. Max budget is 12 L OTR.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th March 2022 at 20:59. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 20th March 2022, 21:54   #4598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi Friends,

I test drove the Nexon yesterday and I am making a few observations and would like your views on these points.

Other competitors :

1. Kia Sonet : Rejected as cannot seat 3 in the back seat comfortably. Also top versions seem overpriced.

2. Kia Carens : Came up for discussion and also had a deko at the showroom but was not tempted to put one and half million + bucks on a new product.

3. Ertiga /XL6 : Felt too outdated (interiors) with what the competitors are offering.

4. VW Taigun : Car felt solid good but again I am averse of the high/unknown maintenance of the VW/Skoda cousins.

I am almost 95% sure on booking the Nexon, But I am open to any other suggestions which I should test drive in the CSUV/Sedan category. Max budget is 12 L OTR.
I m in same situation as of yours. My max budget is 12 lakh. I took test drive of Nexon and it was quite good and stable. But, haven't get to TD the Altroz. SA told that the Altroz TD vehicle is not well maintained and rattling will be there. As I was enquiring about the Altroz DCA (which will be launched tomorrow), SA told they will get the Altroz DCA TD vehicle in some days, and he will call me to TD the new vehicle.

Other vehicles in considerations are
  • Kia Carens Prestige (have booked it after the launch just to hold the slot and knowing the fact it will take more time to get allotted and will get time to think and decide)
  • Honda City 4th Gen - Yet to do TD
  • Maruti S Cross - Yet to do TD
  • MG Astor Style trim (started checking from yesterday only, as I was under impression its costly) - Yet to do TD
NivasBaskaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 22:49   #4599
BHPian

Check engine warning light stays on after cranking the engine

Got the car (xz+ petrol) on 7 March and I have driven around 1300 kms.

Before the issue came in, I went for a drive on Mumbai-Pune expressway which is around 200 kms round trip, came home, parked the car. I was strictly following the speed limit on each gear as mentioned in the owners manual

Couple of hours ago, I was running some errand and the (MIL) lamp stays on even after cranking the engine.

Engine temp was at 2 bar, engine runs as smooth as it was on the day of delivery.

Any inputs on what could be wrong?
Old 21st March 2022, 11:21   #4600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivasBaskaran View Post
I m in same situation as of yours. My max budget is 12 lakh. I took test drive of Nexon and it was quite good and stable. But, haven't get to TD the Altroz. SA told that the Altroz TD vehicle is not well maintained and rattling will be there. As I was enquiring about the Altroz DCA (which will be launched tomorrow), SA told they will get the Altroz DCA TD vehicle in some days, and he will call me to TD the new vehicle.

Other vehicles in considerations are
  • Kia Carens Prestige (have booked it after the launch just to hold the slot and knowing the fact it will take more time to get allotted and will get time to think and decide)
  • Honda City 4th Gen - Yet to do TD
  • Maruti S Cross - Yet to do TD
  • MG Astor Style trim (started checking from yesterday only, as I was under impression its costly) - Yet to do TD
hello sir,

Thank you for your response, I agree the Nexon is well planted and has a decent ride quality. I will be test driving the 5th gen Honda city this week and I am still keeping my options open. I am not considering the S Cross as it is a pretty old design now and there are rumours of Maruti putting in an update this year.
MG Astor is a good option but i have a need of carrying 5 healthy adults which Astor might not be able to suffice. I am still pushing my Tata SA to get me test drive on the Altroz i Turbo.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 21st March 2022, 11:53   #4601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Hi,
Issue: When I slot the gear in "A", nothing happens and there is a sound alarm which continuously plays. After slotting the gear in "N" or "R", then again trying to slot in "A" it works.
Thanks!
Please ensure that the brake pedal is pressed hard while changing to "A". It's a common mistake everyone does and I did the same as well during the first couple of weeks.
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 12:55   #4602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post
Please ensure that the brake pedal is pressed hard while changing to "A". It's a common mistake everyone does and I did the same as well during the first couple of weeks.
My bad. I called up the advisor and he connected me with a person from service center. He identified the problem told to hard press the brake. I checked multiple times and was resolved.

Getting used to AMT

But the experience with the Tata dealer was very good and he immediately connected to the service center guy.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 17:56   #4603
BHPian

Booked a Nexon XMA(S) on the 2nd of November.

Purchase Decision: Getting a tag of the safest car, I was to go for a Tata model for sure. Even through Nexon was the first choice after having driven it on a 150km round trip through Zoomcar, my budget permitted only Tiago.
Maruti and Hyundai were out because of Safety and Poor mileage of Hyundai
Honda was out because it was way too costly for the average specs
Mahindra didn't have anything exciting
Kia was also another twin of Hyundai with no verifiable safety retings
MG was way out of budget
Toyota was definitely a contender having used an Etios in our family for 8 years but the entry level was too high and there were only Sedans which I wasn't much interested in.

Our organization from where I was supposed to get a cheaper loan, suddenly increased our eligibility to 9 lakhs from 6.25 and suddenly Nexon was a no-brainer.

Variant and Colour Choice: The top model was out of budget and I wanted an automatic one. So XMA and XMAS were the 2 options. XMAS provided more value for money with automatic Headlamps, Rain Sensing Wipers and Steering mounted audio control. So went for this. The colour choice was Foliage Green. I wanted red or Foliage Green, and my Wife was fixed on Foliage Green only.

Booking and Negotiation: I booked the car on 2nd November 2021. The delivery date was 2nd February 2022. I had asked for insurance to be left out since they were quoting 42k whereas from outside I could getit at around 28-33k. Finally after rounds of negotiations much after booking the car, they gave me insurance with all the features I asked for like Zero Dep, Engine Protection Cover at 31k and I thought I was a good deal. In case of insurance, there is one feature which needs to be considered. If you take insurance from outside, and some part needs to be replaced, you need to pay some 2% or 3% as Scrappage value. This is not borne by the insurance company. Also, benefits of No Claim Bonus are difficult to claim. So I went ahead with the dealer offered one at a reasonable price.

Delivery Wait: Post 15th January, I started following up with the salesperson almost daily with regards to the status of delivery. Considering the number of posts I read in this forum regarding delayed delivery and also the experience of a friend of mine in Goa, I knew I would have to wait longer definitely. Finally the car was on the trailer on 11th of February from their plant. It reached on 18th and I went for PDI.

Registration Process: I discovered BH series and the fact that I am eligible for it after I booked my car. It was again a no-brainer that I had to go for this. The RTO people were very rude and arrogant at OD-02. In spite of being a PSU, they asked for a Form 60. I had to literally shout at them to give me a written from the Regional Transport Officer that a form 60 was needed. The guy actually went up to the Officer and tell him that I was asking for BH registration without form 60. The Officer immediately approved saying that for Govt employees only ID Card is enough. The dealership was helpful even though it took 4 days time to get the process done and get the number plates. For BH registration, a local address proof is mandatory, and it can be a Notarised Rent Agreement as well.

Delivery: Finally on the 27th of February, just a day after my birthday, we got the beauty.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-front-view.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-diagonal-view.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-side-view.jpeg

Ownership Experience:: In two days we took a ride to Puri to worship at the Jagannath Temple. A 150km round trip was good enough. The only issue was keeping the speed below 80 consciously, even though the RPM didn't go above 2000 at any point of time. I guess that is an advantage of Automatic. Gear shifts are substantial in Eco Mode in which I have driven the vehicle till date. We went for some local in city rides as well and had covered almost 300km in 21 days. Post that we went for a trip to Gopalpur which was a 180km one way journey from Bhubaneswar. The roads are amazing. Even though the pickup in eco mode is a bit slow till the third gear, post that it cannot be understood what the difference is. The car picked up speeds of 100-110 without any effort and I was actually suddenly surprised to find that I was going at 110 without even realizing it. The journey was done in 3 hour 30 mins with a break of around 15 mins total. The return journey was also uneventful other than me falling in love with the car even more.

I am getting 13.6 as average till now. The trip to Gopalpur was at 16.7 while going. While coming back, we took a lot of detours through small crowded roads and villages which dropped the total mileage to 14.8 for the entire trip. Hoping that this goes up after the 1st Servicing.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220319-12.39.49.jpeg

Me at the Wheel

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220319-12.39.47.jpeg
On Our Way

Elated is the only word.
Samrat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 00:54   #4604
BHPian

Should I apply this Ecstar brand Underbody coat? Available for 380 rupees only, or should I go for any other brand?? I want to coat both engine and silencer(silver zinc paint?) I don't remember exactly.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220321_113140.jpg  

FASTLIFE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:08   #4605
BHPian

experiencing the first problem in a long time.
The reverse parking sensor is not beeping anymore although the green, yellow and red lines are flashing as they are supposed to.

It seems the problem is with the wiring and may need a visit to a mechanic. Otherwise, in 10 days, my Nexon completes 4 years and I have enjoyed a trouble-free happy experience product-wise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks