Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2022, 10:57   #4576
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

My car is TATA Nexon XZ+ Petrol 2019 model and I have a query as mentioned below.

I am facing jerks in Sports Mode especially in 2nd and 3rd gear at around 2000rpm. This is happening mainly while overtaking in Sports mode.
I had reported this during 3rd service and still the issue persists. Due to the above issue, I stopped using Sports mode completely.
Now my car is in service center for a paid service and the SC has acknowledged that there is an issue.
They have replaced the sparks plugs, swapped the ECU with another car and cleaned fuel injectors as well.
Now they are suspecting that fuel contamination maybe the issue and are planning to flush the fuel tank.

What else needs to be checked?
Has anyone else faced the same issue?
Old 10th March 2022, 12:01   #4577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith View Post
My car is TATA Nexon XZ+ Petrol 2019 model and I have a query as mentioned below.

I am facing jerks in Sports Mode especially in 2nd and 3rd gear at around 2000rpm. This is happening mainly while overtaking in Sports mode.
I had reported this during 3rd service and still the issue persists. Due to the above issue, I stopped using Sports mode completely.
Now my car is in service center for a paid service and the SC has acknowledged that there is an issue.
They have replaced the sparks plugs, swapped the ECU with another car and cleaned fuel injectors as well.
Now they are suspecting that fuel contamination maybe the issue and are planning to flush the fuel tank.

What else needs to be checked?
Has anyone else faced the same issue?
Yes, its present in my 2022 XM Petrol as well, I don't think it has anything to do with adulterated fuel, spark plug, ecu, fuel injector , or anything else, it's just that the mapping of sports mode is not well tuned by tata till date, in eco it's lame, city drives the best but in sports mode the fuelling is much more than needed in 2k-3k RPM. Past 3k it's a blast to drive in Sports mode rather than in city mode. I would suggest stick to city mode until Tata give another ecu update, and drive in sports only in highways with long stretches/less traffic.
FASTLIFE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 12:39   #4578
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Planning to replace my ecosport, shortlisted tata nexon & kia sonet. Budget is 8-10 lacs on road. 90% city driving.

Could you guys help out with nexon usage experience, and help me decide between these two.

On the variant front, 1 lac+ price diff. justified for XM, or buy XE and install music system.

THanks For the help. P.s posting this on sonet forum as well.

Last edited by switz : 10th March 2022 at 12:42.
Old 10th March 2022, 15:37   #4579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
Yes, its present in my 2022 XM Petrol as well, I don't think it has anything to do with adulterated fuel, spark plug, ecu, fuel injector , or anything else, it's just that the mapping of sports mode is not well tuned by tata till date, in eco it's lame, city drives the best but in sports mode the fuelling is much more than needed in 2k-3k RPM. Past 3k it's a blast to drive in Sports mode rather than in city mode. I would suggest stick to city mode until Tata give another ecu update, and drive in sports only in highways with long stretches/less traffic.
Hi,
I would say the tuning is a bit inconsistent here then. My Nexon is Jun 21 model.
For me, Eco mode is quite chilled out. It will not give me a superb burst of power and acceleration, but if I push the pedal down, not sluggish too. Within the city, I drive on Eco mode for the best FE returns. On highways, I get up to speed quickly using the Sports mode, then cruise in Eco. I manage to get about 14-15 kmpl on this mode.

City mode is the least used mode for me. I find it to be fine. Enough power for quick overtakes, while frugal enough to return a decent 12 kmpl average.

Sports mode, when I want to feel the pushed-to-the-seat acceleration or want to reach triple digit speed ASAP, I use this mode.

Thankfully, have faced no issues, other than occasional rattles and squeaks from the car. And a couple of tire punctures...thats it, in the last 8k kms..Yet!
Old 10th March 2022, 21:23   #4580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hey Guys,

Planning to replace my ecosport, shortlisted tata nexon & kia sonet. Budget is 8-10 lacs on road. 90% city driving.

Could you guys help out with nexon usage experience, and help me decide between these two.

On the variant front, 1 lac+ price diff. justified for XM, or buy XE and install music system.

THanks For the help. P.s posting this on sonet forum as well.
If you want peace of mind for 5 years (extended warranty included) go for XM, if you want 1 year warranty on accessories and pay 38 K just for Tata Genuine crosslink music system with reverse parking camera and speakers + Tata genuine 7k central locking with remote + 7 K aftermarket rear power windows (voids warranty) then go for XE, because parts alone cost 90-95K for XM model in boodomo. The difference between Harman audio of XM and Crosslink is day and night difference. Just fit a 70 mai dual dashcam for reverse parking camera features with auto dimming irvm and video recorder all in one in XM. I've recently posted a thread here regarding my purchase , hope it helps you - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5274634 (Tata Nexon : Official Review).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi,
I would say the tuning is a bit inconsistent here then. My Nexon is Jun 21 model.

Thankfully, have faced no issues, other than occasional rattles and squeaks from the car. And a couple of tire punctures...thats it, in the last 8k kms..Yet!
Get your ECU checked/updated. Mine is a January 22 model and latest update flashed from factory, both ecu and music system. Regarding sports mode, you'll feel the lag only on highways not in city traffic as the car easily pulls in 1st gear but in highways you shift to the 2nd in an instant and then rev up, that's when the sports mode lags under 3k because fuelling is on the richer side and turbo kicks in late , but in city mode the fuelling is linear and turbo doesn't surprise either when it kicks in. Just needs proper fuel mapping from Tata.

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th March 2022 at 08:09. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
FASTLIFE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:32   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi,
Except the initial jerk in Sports mode, everything else works as expected.
I don't think this is a common issue since SC guys checked other vehicles and acknowledged that there is an issue with my vehicle. If they are unable to diagnose,then I will ask them to return the vehicle.
Old 11th March 2022, 13:07   #4582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
I would suggest stick to city mode until Tata give another ecu update, and drive in sports only in highways with long stretches/less traffic.
I have a Feb 2021 XZA+ Petrol and have driven close to 14K kms and have not faced any issue with the sports mode so far. All three modes are working absolutely fine as expected with the respective power delivery
Old 11th March 2022, 14:09   #4583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post
I have a Feb 2021 XZA+ Petrol and have driven close to 14K kms and have not faced any issue with the sports mode so far. All three modes are working absolutely fine as expected with the respective power delivery
It might have to do something with altitude then, maybe, cause you're from Chennai, I'm from Kolkata, and he's vadodara, I'm feeling same as him and my car is just 500 kms driven till date, so everything is clean(air filter,injector, etc). It's definitely a fuel map issue because it's working fine in eco(dull) and city, only in sports there's an issue that too under 3K, past that one can fly with the turbo on
Old 12th March 2022, 01:31   #4584
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the trunk light is always on when vehicle is in standby mode, it was visible through the split seat with the rear hand-rest in down position, maybe it is difficult to spot this during daytime or in well lit parking spots. When I lock the vehicle it is getting switched off. This is on the diesel XZA+ model.
Old 12th March 2022, 04:15   #4585
BHPian

How do people warm up their cars? I read the owner manual and it clearly says, do not warm up the egine when standstill. I will post a screenshot from the manual.

Also, any run-in/break-in procedure to be followed ?
Old 12th March 2022, 07:56   #4586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 View Post
How do people warm up their cars? I read the owner manual and it clearly says, do not warm up the egine when standstill. I will post a screenshot from the manual.
Can you share a pic of that part ?

Call it a touch of impatience, but after the necessary idling while closing the gate, I engage 1st gear and let the vehicle trundle along till the end of our road, without any accelerator input. I wont be surprised if drivers of cars from behind me silently swearing at time during that time.

Break-in ? Long since I did that. Almost forgotten. In city driving, nothing to take care of - just drive. On highways, just dont stick to same engine speed for long durations.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 08:08   #4587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Can you share a pic of that part ?

Call it a touch of impatience, but after the necessary idling while closing the gate, I engage 1st gear and let the vehicle trundle along till the end of our road, without any accelerator input. I wont be surprised if drivers of cars from behind me silently swearing at time during that time.

Break-in ? Long since I did that. Almost forgotten. In city driving, nothing to take care of - just drive. On highways, just dont stick to same engine speed for long durations.
There you go, sir.

On a primitive level, all engines needs to warm up for the oil to reach all the components in engine from the sump.

why such a statement from Tata.

I always had a golden rule of warming up my vehicles before their use.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon.png  

Sanjay_Sangar27 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 11:40   #4588
BHPian

Hey XM owners, what discounts or offers did you guys get for nexon XM?
Old 12th March 2022, 12:11   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
There is no discount except insurance discount.

You should tell them that you are going to purchase insurance on your own. they will promptly give you discount.

I got xz+ (p) and I got discount on Insurance.
Sanjay_Sangar27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 08:32   #4590
BHPian

Quote:
I got 10 k dealer discount and I refused any accessories (free) like mud flaps, normal footmats, and scent/fragrance. I took insurance from outside too. National@22-23K, zero dep +engine damage+return to invoice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks