Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:38   #4561
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
my tire has got punctured twice.
Just for curiosity, what is the brand? Is it Bridgestone?
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:57   #4562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Absolutely worth every penny. Get it. Where it helps the most - is on those long drives on highways for hours together - where a slow puncture is a big risk. TPMS alerts are fantastic. TPMS is one of the accessories - that must be in the list if one plans to spend on accessories for the car.
Thanks a ton for the insight.

Next question, which kind of TPMS, the ones that get installed inside the tire? Or the ones that can be fixed from the outside. Do they get stolen often?
I have one tire which had to be turned from tubeless to tubed (the one with the sidewall puncture).
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:02   #4563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Next question, which kind of TPMS, the ones that get installed inside the tire? Or the ones that can be fixed from the outside. Do they get stolen often?
The external ones tend to be a bit inconsistent in sensing the pressure. And yes - they are stolen often. Remember - we live in a country where just the plastic caps over the valve are stolen. Imagine the fate of a sensor. If you are going for TPMS - definitely go for the internal ones. I have them installed in all 5 wheels of both my cars.
Quote:
I have one tire which had to be turned from tubeless to tubed (the one with the sidewall puncture).
I suggest that you put that tubed tyre as spare & install the spare tyre as your primary tyre on the running wheel - when you install the TPMS (probably you have already done so). All wheels will be opened anyway. Installing a TPMS in a tubed tyre anyway is a bit redundant - a deflated tube will immediately be noticeable while driving, unlike a proper tubeless tyre. Also - driving around long distances on a tyre with a significant side-wall rupture may not be too good.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:24   #4564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishegde View Post
Just for curiosity, what is the brand? Is it Bridgestone?
Yes, the original stock ones!
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:28   #4565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The external ones tend to be a bit inconsistent in sensing the pressure. And yes - they are stolen often. Remember - we live in a country where just the plastic caps over the valve are stolen. Imagine the fate of a sensor. If you are going for TPMS - definitely go for the internal ones. I have them installed in all 5 wheels of both my cars.

I suggest that you put that tubed tyre as spare & install the spare tyre as your primary tyre on the running wheel - when you install the TPMS (probably you have already done so). All wheels will be opened anyway. Installing a TPMS in a tubed tyre anyway is a bit redundant - a deflated tube will immediately be noticeable while driving, unlike a proper tubeless tyre. Also - driving around long distances on a tyre with a significant side-wall rupture may not be too good.
Yes, I have made the tubed one the spare, while the spare is regular running tyre. Since mine is a XM model, all are steel rims and so, they all look the same. As for the TPMS, I ll have it done! Thanks for your insights

Another question, as an afterthought, once installed, how many kms/months does the battery run?

Last edited by NovemberKing_91 : 2nd March 2022 at 17:34.
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:41   #4566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another question, as an afterthought, once installed, how many kms/months does the battery run?
I have friends and family members who had installed more than 3 years ago - and its working fine even now. I have read in multiple places about these going fine upto 5 years. So should be OK.
Some kits have replaceable battery even in the "internal" sensors. My Sensairy TPMS units are sealed, so no replaceable battery. Once dead - I'll have to replace the sensors altogether.

It has nothing to do with kms anyway. Purely about the battery consumed by the low-power Bluetooth connection.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 08:58   #4567
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Used Nexon XZA+ (S) Petrol or new XZ+

The Nexon would be definitely a great upgrade for your Alto LXI.
However I have the very same Nexon XZA+S Petrol variant, I wouldn't really recommend it to be honest.
My key issues being

•The AMT gearbox on the Nexon is extremely fussy at times, I have driven alot of AMTs, yet I feel shifts on the Nexon is really slow and badly timed.

•Fuel efficiency as you had mentioned is really low, I'm getting around 9-10 on city and 12 on Highways

•QC Issues
Yep, you heard me right, despite of being the safest car around I've been lucky to be alive to type this, just within the first few months of getting the car, my steering completely failed amid an overtake, the steering motor just stopped and the wheel would no longer respond.Just by sheer luck I missed an oncoming truck and managed to park along the road, after a while the steering started responding, initially the SC was hesitant to admit the issue untill the steering failed again at the SC itself, the fault was diagnosed to be the steering motor coupler not being locked in properly during assembly

There are squeaks in the cabin to which SC says it's a welding issue and is common, spoilers- they showed me a few others Nexons with similar squeak.

I'm still open to the thought this may all be inital Bs6 batch issue eventhough QC issues to this level is unacceptable, however similar QC issues keep popping up from Tata even today.

To sum up, definitely stay away from Tata AMTs, make sure you have a good local SC.
Tata punch might be a great option that fits in your requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleinkol View Post
Hi All:

A post after a long hiatus, though I have been lurking around as we are close to replacing our 11-yr old Alto LXI, our first car.

The choice for replacement is based on the following:
  • Should be safe (NCAP 4 or better)
  • Should give decent mileage, but not an EV (I am not sure about the EV yet, and I think it will take some more years to get the infrastructure ready)
  • On road price around 8/8.5 Lakh INR, with some flexibility (about 15-20%)
  • Prefer manual transmission - have a feeling that maintaining an automatic over 8-10 yrs period could be costlier than the MT (could be wrong - but MT would be safer choice)
  • Running is not much - may be 6-7K KM per year with some occasional highway drive as I am now mostly WFH while my wife does drive to her client's location within or around Kolkata
  • Would like to have a car with rear wiper and defogger; do not prefer to have sunroof
Based on the above, we are considering 3 cars:
  1. Tata Altroz NA Petrol
  2. Tata Altroz iTurbo Petrol
  3. Tata Nexon Petrol
Just today we came to know that one of our complex resident is traveling to Europe long term and need to sell off his Nexon XZA+S Petrol within Feb'21.

On checking with him, he told that he is expecting a price around 10.8 Lakh, while his purchase price was 11.83 OTR. It is 9 months old with just 2600 KM on ODO. It seemed very good initially, and I told him I am interested but price seems a problem for me.

My thinking process is as below:

- If I exclude Sunroof and AMT, then the model would be Nexon XZ+
- XZ+ Kolkata OTR 11.3 Lakh as per carwale, while I can utilize my 50% NCB on Alto, and no negotiations done with any dealership yet - which should also be something (given there could be pressure on FY end in March). So I presume the OTR for new XZ+ Petrol could be around 10.8-11 L
- I do not need the car now, I can easily wait

This used XZA+ car gives me
  • a 1 lakh discount when compared with 1st hand XZA+ S, but same price of new XZ+ OTR
  • Additional sunroof which I don't need/want
  • AMT is possibly costlier to maintain?
  • ARAI FE for AMT is marginally less than MT, so long-term fuel consumption will be more with the used car
  • I will have the car right away - no waiting period (not a big deal for me)
  • Ideally a 15% depreciation should be expected, which should take the used XZA+S price down to (11.83 L OTR x 85%) = 10.06 L
I request your view about the asking price of this car. Also your view about the aspects I touched and I might have missed in the thought process explained above.

I would need to decide quickly - so request your advice here.
sohanbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 09:57   #4568

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohanbala View Post
the fault was diagnosed to be the steering motor coupler not being locked in properly during assembly
Sorry to hear that. Could you explain how exactly was this issue diagnosed / reproduced at the SC? Was it diagnosed at SC when vehicle was standing, or in motion?
Old 3rd March 2022, 15:03   #4569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableRide View Post
Sorry to hear that. Could you explain how exactly was this issue diagnosed / reproduced at the SC? Was it diagnosed at SC when vehicle was standing, or in motion?
The steering started developing some whirring noise, and can be turned only with alot of force, eventually the steering becomes less stiff, however on restarting the car everything runs normally for a while.
Again as we went over a small speedbeaker to the SC garage the steering malfunction light was lit and the steering became stiff.Its like small jerks develop a loose connection and the unit just fails.
To describe how stiff the steering is, I'd say it's exactly how the steering would feel like when the vehicle is off.
Was an absolute nightmare when this happened abruptly, during an overtake.
sohanbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 11:55   #4570

Just spoke with my dealer (KHT Bangalore) regarding delay in vehicle delivery.

Background, the vehicle was allotted 10 days ago. I was informed that it is in transit Pune to Bangalore via train. Supposed to reach BLR yesterday.

Today, the dealer tells me that TATA has found some PDI issues with around 10 cars. They are checking if that can be resolved before that car reaches Bangalore. If it can't be resolved, then they will allocate another car to me.

I took him at the face value, but is this normal? Should I ask him something else, to verify if he is telling the truth?

I have the engine and chassis number with me.
Old 6th March 2022, 23:15   #4571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableRide View Post
Just spoke with my dealer (KHT Bangalore) regarding delay in vehicle delivery.

Background, the vehicle was allotted 10 days ago. I was informed that it is in transit Pune to Bangalore via train. Supposed to reach BLR yesterday.

Today, the dealer tells me that TATA has found some PDI issues with around 10 cars. They are checking if that can be resolved before that car reaches Bangalore. If it can't be resolved, then they will allocate another car to me.

I took him at the face value, but is this normal? Should I ask him something else, to verify if he is telling the truth?

I have the engine and chassis number with me.
Interesting, was it Tata's PDI or dealer's PDI which found the issues? As the dealer has mentioned the cars in transit then who did the PDI ? And why was this not reported before dispatching the cars ? How are they checking the cars while they are in transit ?
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 23:21   #4572

Does anybody have any email id of Tata Motors TSM?

I booked a Nexon XZA+(S) on 6th Jan at Kropex Motors, but when i called up the SA @Kropex recently to know about the status of car allotment (almost after 2 months of booking), he doesn't seems to be quite sure about the car allotment and how much time it may take. Hope a Tata Motors TSM or other executive can help on this.
Old 7th March 2022, 10:04   #4573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.kundu79 View Post
Does anybody have any email id of Tata Motors TSM?

I booked a Nexon XZA+(S) on 6th Jan at Kropex Motors, but when i called up the SA @Kropex recently to know about the status of car allotment (almost after 2 months of booking), he doesn't seems to be quite sure about the car allotment and how much time it may take. Hope a Tata Motors TSM or other executive can help on this.
Hi,

Drop in an email with the details to customercare@tatamotors.in

Either they will be able to help out, or they will direct you to someone who can. If they give a boilerplate response, mail them again asking for contact details of the regional customer care manager.

Hope this helps.
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:27   #4574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hey All

One of my friends is considering the Nexon, his daily running is quite high, between 40-50kms cutting across the typical Bangalore traffic conditions. Hence his ideal choice would be a diesel automatic. Obviously that limits his choices to the Sonet, Venue and the Nexon.

In terms of pure engine and gearbox combination, I’m sure it’s the Sonet that seems like the best due to its CVT gearbox, but as an overall package the Nexon is very good too, obviously the safety factor is proven here.

So would really appreciate feedback on the Nexon diesel automatic, mainly from the perspective of using in peak traffic conditions. I have read many users complain of the head nodding issue of AMT gear boxes, especially in peak traffic, so is the Nexon an exception?
There is no reason to worry about headnod in Diesel AMT, just need to be gentle on the accelerator input in either City or Sports mode. I observed headnod in petrol version where I feel the power delivery is jerky in AMT version.
BeingHuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 07:33   #4575
BHPian

Prelude:- The year was 2010, we bought a Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa VTVT Sportz (Daytona Grey). The best car we could buy at that time was either a Ford Figo or the i10. Dad always say Maruti's are "MURIR DABBA" (In bengali it means a "BAG OF PUFFED RICE") Ford didn't had a showroom/service center in Kharagpur back then so we decided to go with the Hyundai as the highways were terrible towards the nearest city Kolkata(Calcutta) and travelling 120 kms just for service was not an option.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191204_132911.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191204_132931.jpg

The year was 2019, My friend bought a used Alto K10, our i10 being nearly 10 years old, 33K kms run and chauffeured by 11 drivers, shockers failed , clutch assembly destroyed, tax failed due to the showroom not being transparent while selling the car (we buy 15 years road tax as default) but showroom gave 5 years tax to lower the car price as a result we paid 25K tax and 25K Fine and it needed tax again for next 5 years in 2020 Dec, Hyundai gave us a bill of 1lakh + after taking 2500 just for estimating repair cost so we decided to sell the car and buy something that had abs+ airbags (i10 had none). Friend said we can use the Alto K10 whenever needed so sold the i10 to a factory owner who needed the car for one of his relative at 1.3 Lakh only.
The AltoK10:-

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191204_1349011.jpg

Present Day :- In search of gold, we found daimond. I was in search of a car which was bigger, safer in highways (abs + airbags + safety rating) and a petrol due to uncertainty of 10 year diesel ban pan India + DPF issues in bs6 cars. I follow TBHP since 2012 or before than that don't remember but recently became a member. This thread helped me a lot in choosing a proper car-
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...altroz-xt.html (Advice needed: Tata Nexon XM vs Altroz XT)

Options considered/Test drove these cars:
Tiago= Same as i10 in terms of size but ac was far better and the steering was super light, declined due to same as i10 ness.
Altroz= Phenomenal driving dynamics + size + style, declined as punch was coming and its 165mm ground clearance was not enough for the car breaking speed breakers.
Baleno CVT= Paper wrapped all around feeling, good engine+gearbox combo hope it came in Altroz, Declined due to extremely fragile product.
S-Cross= was out of budget but all 4 disc brakes got me hooked but used car market was flooded with old model and 2 year old new model quotes were of a new Nexon XM territory.
Ford= LEFT/DEAD in India.
Punch= Feels like a proper suv from drivers seat and that suspension is a category higher when compared to other micro suv's .Booked Adventure Rythm white (comes with harman 7 inch with reversing camera), 2 months passed and went to showroom with parents to try the back seat and it felt congested for 3 well built and a bit claustrophobic , tried the Nexon beside it and it felt like an ambassador seat, super comfortable, mom said after a long drive in Punch, we'll feel relieved that the journey ended but in Nexon we would be relaxed.

Nexon it is then, cancelled Punch and booked XE Foliage green. Just out of curiosity, called K.B Motors Kolkata for a deal, got better deal from them so asked Kharagpur dealer if they can provide the same but got denied so cancelled and booked from Kolkata, was promised a 2022 model . Opened Boodmo and evaluated the 1 lakh price difference in XE and XM model, as XE didnt had rear power windows, central locking, music system and what not, calculated price of everything from HMI Silver(music system) box + display , power windows winder + switches+ antennae+ central locking + BCM module etc and parts price alone was like 90k+ so price was justified. Cancelled XE and booked XM. Got a call from K.B Motors RM , Mr. Surja Kanta Datta on 7th Jan that a 2022 red Nexon XM is available and is in transit so I said keep it for me , he's extremely helpful, felt like NEXA experience , new generation guys are polite and well trained, gone are the days of bad tata experience.
Paid the amount via RTGS/NEFT (Took insurance outside, National@22K) but I took late delivery as I was waiting for number plates to arrive+ the accessories I wanted.
RM- Surya + Me and My Mom
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220223_144620_1.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220223_125112.jpg

TATA Genuine Led Fog Lamps and switch location -
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_135135.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_135146_1.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220223_162905.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_135733_1.jpg

Immaculate fit and finish LOL(we were in a hurry)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_134955.jpg

I opened them in home and Filed/Cut them Properly
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_135746.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220307_151045_1.jpg

Tata Genuine Seat Covers, Black+ Perforated+ NEXON Badging= 7500 appox
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_135657_1.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_134631.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_135640.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_135647_1.jpg

My Favourite Lord Ganesh Idol @ Amazon link:- https://www.amazon.in/Gold-terracott...st_sto_dp&th=1

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220213_095458.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220302_123200.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220302_123209_1.jpg

Bergmann Mobile Stand XL @ Amazon 599 Rs Link:- https://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Autom..._dp&th=1&psc=1
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220213_094813.jpg

Keyfob Cover @ Amazon link:- https://www.amazon.in/Keyzone%C2%AE-...st_sto_dp&th=1
I'm giving away free code if anyone wants it grab it.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220213_095217.jpg

After visiting Durga Temple and pooja
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220301_134924.jpg

Problems Faced :- Engine Management Light Glowing from day of delivery and after reaching home noticed it, so I did my first service in Kharagpur , Krishna Motors, Very helpful guys, TATA SERVICE HAS INDEED IMPROVED.

OBD Scanning revealed brake light fuse blown/not working. Music system and ECU was up to date from Factory.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220307_105225.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220224_111645.jpg

Bought 3D floor mats from Tata as it doesn't mess with accelerator and clutch operation, at time of service and 3 year extended warranty.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220307_125159.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220307_130103.jpg

Generation Gap Or should I say Star Vs The Underdog?
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220307_112613.jpg

DIY Painted Wheel covers @ home
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220309_085953.jpg

New colour/model with ventilated seats and amt @ StockYard
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220307_103915.jpg

Adios ! Will post more Pics after I cover more Happy miles with My "TANK".
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220306_175009.jpg
FASTLIFE is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks